GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any hopes of seeing a bump before the credit = cash promo ends?
0c6460ac5f131e2e96be80ce29ad434ac8839abcfcabfc96cc20b6b2827242c2.jpg

Real talk, Lost Odyssey was one of the best games I played last gen. Everyone with a 360/X1 who even somewhat likes JRPGs should play it.

Blue Dragon was just confirmed as a BC game a couple months ago, did that go up too? Because that's another fantastic JRPG.

Got called a cheapassgamer AND a slickdealer at gamestop after looking at all the different platforms game shelves and cancelling the pre order right after the trade
Did you wear a CAG t-shirt and flash your "I love SD!" keychain as well?

Doing that might have been a little more subtle than what you just did. :dunce:

I mean, the literal head of the Xbox brand said that the game will be backwards compatible in the future. How does that qualify as not been announced "yet?"

I should pick up a copy of Blue Dragon before that actually hits BC. Is there a digital version of that at all, or just the physical?

he is some kind of combination of starmask/cjenvy/iatcg and every lurker on the site combined into one

ironically, cjenvy hasnt been on the site for almost a month now....

Jesus they are really desperate at making any kind of profit now
The day something goes live as BC, the GS price goes up that day. When LO went BC, they actually had stores reboot their POS systems in the middle of the day so that the price change takes effect.

How nice of them.

The day something goes live as BC, the GS price goes up that day. When LO went BC, they actually had stores reboot their POS systems in the middle of the day so that the price change takes effect.

How nice of them.
That's odd. I never had to do a reboot to apply a price change. Maybe other stores have older pos.

so i guess we were suppose to have forgotten about the $50 worth of coupons PUR pro members were suppose to get every month? not that i ever used them but i thought maybe one month they would be good.

so i guess we were suppose to have forgotten about the $50 worth of coupons PUR pro members were suppose to get every month? not that i ever used them but i thought maybe one month they would be good.
GameStop honors promotions and promises only when it's convenient for them.

Question about trading in 2 copies of the same game. I want to see if I can trade in both towards Gears 4 to get the 20% extra credit. Because they only allow 1 copy at a time, can I trade in the games in 2 separate stores and get the 20% extra on both?

Question about trading in 2 copies of the same game. I want to see if I can trade in both towards Gears 4 to get the 20% extra credit. Because they only allow 1 copy at a time, can I trade in the games in 2 separate stores and get the 20% extra on both?
you could but then you'd have 2 different pre-order's at 2 different stores for the same title.

Yes but you will be making 2 separate preorders. If you are desperate to cancel one to get the money back, preorder Call of Duty to get the 50% bonus instead.

Cag6's best moment was when he messaged me a few days ago.

"Are you a moderator?Richardf called me an idiot for no reason. Please at least ban him for a couple days."

they would allow 2 preorders under the same account? and can I cancel one of those preorder without losing credit?
For maximum credit preorder COD IW for the 50% bonus with one game. Then the next day bring in the the other game and do the same. Then get them to move your IW preorder to the GOW4 preorder before GOW4 comes out.

For maximum credit preorder COD IW for the 50% bonus with one game. Then the next day bring in the the other game and do the same. Then get them to move your IW preorder to the GOW4 preorder before GOW4 comes out.
Okay cool. Would be best to switch the IW preorders on separate days? Or can they move both of them towards Gears 4 at the same time?

Edit: I just realized Pokemon Sun/Moon is coming out soon so I might switch to that instead

Okay cool. Would be best to switch the IW preorders on separate days? Or can they move both of them towards Gears 4 at the same time?
I think you misunderstood what blackbeard said:

1. Take Copy #1 in and put down $5 on an Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition to get 50% extra.

2. The next time you visit that same store (preferably on a different day), bring Copy #2 with you and put down another $5 on the same preorder to get 50% extra on that second copy.

3. On another visit before Gears of War 4 is released, ask to transfer that IW preorder to it. This assumes you actually want Gears 4 to keep.

This way, you only have the one IW preorder to worry about.

Depends on the employee but usually safer to do it on a separate day. If for some reason they give you grief, just play dumb and say you meant to put the preorder on GOW but got it confused with IW. On the rare off chance that they try to take away the difference of the 50% credit you got to make it 20%, remind them that it is illegal and if they proceed to do so you will have to notify their DM/RM. Thats only if you want GOW4.

I think you misunderstood what blackbeard said:

1. Take Copy #1 in and put down $5 on an Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition to get 50% extra.

2. The next time you visit that same store (preferably on a different day), bring Copy #2 with you and put down another $5 on the same preorder to get 50% extra on that second copy.

3. On another visit before Gears of War 4 is released, ask to transfer that IW preorder to it. This assumes you actually want Gears 4 to keep.

This way, you only have the one IW preorder to worry about.
Ah derp I get it now, thanks.

Is there any giftcards that can still be purchase with trade credits? I'm aware that Amazon and eBay have been blocked but what about gas cards and fast food gcs? did a moderate trade-in prior day and don't really want to hold on the GS gcs. 

Is there any giftcards that can still be purchase with trade credits? I'm aware that Amazon and eBay have been blocked but what about gas cards and fast food gcs? did a moderate trade-in prior day and don't really want to hold on the GS gcs.
I think gas is a no go but food is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back