GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
A year or so ago, I spent a week hitting all the nearby Gamestops that showed Lost Odyssey in stock as it was $9.99 and I wanted two decent copies if I could get them at that price. Every store had at least one copy. I only ever got one. They either didn't have the real case, or the discs had cracks, or both. 

I can't imagine anyone dropping $20 on the loose, beat up crap they have for stock. But then I can't imagine anyone dropping $19.99 for Black Ops and $24.99 for Black Ops II on 360 when the combo is $26.49.

It was also $5 during the Hollywood Video sale a long time ago. I bought it and was happy until I got to disc 2 and it won't work because it has a big crack in the middle of the CD.

A year or so ago, I spent a week hitting all the nearby Gamestops that showed Lost Odyssey in stock as it was $9.99 and I wanted two decent copies if I could get them at that price. Every store had at least one copy. I only ever got one. They either didn't have the real case, or the discs had cracks, or both.
I can't imagine anyone dropping $20 on the loose, beat up crap they have for stock. But then I can't imagine anyone dropping $19.99 for Black Ops and $24.99 for Black Ops II on 360 when the combo is $26.49.
I ended up getting a copy with nice disks in a generic case but original cover art. Been looking for a decent case to no avail.

I ended up getting a copy with nice disks in a generic case but original cover art. Been looking for a decent case to no avail.
I don't think I have ever seen it complete at Gamestop, It is usually missing the original case and manual. Also all 4 of the discs tend to get scratched up because Gamestop shoves all 4 in a single yellow sleeve.

Okay, in all seriousness has anyone seen a copy of Fire Emblem Fates special edition cart at a gamestop ever?  I mean if someone is dumb enough to trade that into gamestop that said person should probably kill themselves.

Okay, in all seriousness has anyone seen a copy of Fire Emblem Fates special edition cart at a gamestop ever? I mean if someone is dumb enough to trade that into gamestop that said person should probably kill themselves.
Anyone who sells that to Gamestop should be launched into space without a suit

Okay, in all seriousness has anyone seen a copy of Fire Emblem Fates special edition cart at a gamestop ever? I mean if someone is dumb enough to trade that into gamestop that said person should probably kill themselves.
I've had two pop up an hour or so from me (in opposite directions). Picked one of the copies up on a trip a few weeks ago.

It even came with a case that had the Birthright cover on one side and Conquest on the other.

I traded in some games and got the same value as advertised on the app. Disc only, no problems, An overall fast transaction by a nice employee. No ID needed from me which was different, they have always asked for ID. I did the cash option which was the same value as store credit, as advertised. I may or may not do the survey. I did go back and got a t shirt, they had a nice selection. I may go back again for that battlefield t shirt , pretty solid design. I also was tempted by the capcom shirt.

I don't think I have ever seen it complete at Gamestop, It is usually missing the original case and manual. Also all 4 of the discs tend to get scratched up because Gamestop shoves all 4 in a single yellow sleeve.
Yup, that's what I got. Except they actually put each disc in its own envelope and taped the envelopes together. Probably going to just take a couple 2 disc cases and use them for the game instead of finding an original case.

Do retail stores actually allow people to trade in Redbox games? I remember buying some Redbox games off of Craigslist years ago and never bothered to sell them, figured most places wouldn't allow it.
I know GS does around here. I can't count all the times they have disc only games with redbox sticker on the disc. or times where the idiot tried to take it off and peeled/scratched off some the art on the disc.

Do retail stores actually allow people to trade in Redbox games? I remember buying some Redbox games off of Craigslist years ago and never bothered to sell them, figured most places wouldn't allow it.
some don't care about the stickers but ymmv. the stickers aren't difficult to remove unless it's the redbox rental text

How come whenever I pay for an item online with trade credit and return it in store, I'm refunded the whole value in cash? Happened to me twice in the last couple weeks. Not complaining but it's a little bizarre. I guess it could be a way to convert credit to cash but I wouldn't risk that.

How come whenever I pay for an item online with trade credit and return it in store, I'm refunded the whole value in cash? Happened to me twice in the last couple weeks. Not complaining but it's a little bizarre. I guess it could be a way to convert credit to cash but I wouldn't risk that.
I've had them do that too. A few times when they've tried to give me credit, it became a huge to-do because they couldn't get the tax rate right for some reason.

I've had them do that too. A few times when they've tried to give me credit, it became a huge to-do because they couldn't get the tax rate right for some reason.
I get the pressure of doing math on the spot but MAN do the employees blank when they have to do the math by hand. I don't understand why their system can't do the math automatically.

Just a heads up a traded in a copy of Farming Sim 2015 and got $18 instead of the $19 mentioned before. Must be dropping already. Hopefully it holds up tomorrow afternoon.

I did, well sort of. I saw that there was a preowned listing for it one day on the site and the closest location to me was 90 miles away so I took a long shot and called my local GameStop to see if they could call that GameStop to send it over. Half an hour later, the girl called back to confirm they were sending it and I got it only 2 days later! It was Game Only though but i got super fucking lucky

I get the pressure of doing math on the spot but MAN do the employees blank when they have to do the math by hand. I don't understand why their system can't do the math automatically.
Further proof that doing math without assistance of a calculator is a dying art, as well as further proof that the GS POS is a real piece-of-shit.

Just tell them you want credit back if you prefer that option.
There is definitely a carbon monoxide leak in this thread...

Also, just to clarify the system will not allow the refund from an online order paid using credit to go back onto a gift card; refunds are cash only. No clue why this is.

Also, just to clarify the system will not allow the refund from an online order paid using credit to go back onto a gift card; refunds are cash only. No clue why this is.
Huh? If you mean trade credit when you say "credit", then it isn't a cash-only refund--I was able to get most of a refund put back onto my PUR card, though there was still $0.01 left over that the employee tendered as cash.

Huh? If you mean trade credit when you say "credit", then it isn't a cash-only refund--I was able to get most of a refund put back onto my PUR card, though there was still $0.01 left over that the employee tendered as cash.
I returned over $30 in games to Gamestop once that I bought online using trade credit. The system would not allow a refund of credit. The employee had to give me cash. I've brought this up before as well as others in this thread.

I returned over $30 in games to Gamestop once that I bought online using trade credit. The system would not allow a refund of credit. The employee had to give me cash. I've brought this up before as well as others in this thread.
Did you use trade credit (i.e., PUR card or Trade Credit card) or a gift card to buy those games? I don't know the process when buying online with GCs, but I haven't had trouble getting most, if not all, of my money back as trade credit when using that payment method.

Did you use trade credit (i.e., PUR card or Trade Credit card) or a gift card to buy those games? I don't know the process when buying online with GCs, but I haven't had trouble getting most, if not all, of my money back as trade credit when using that payment method.
The entire purchase was paid using TRADE credit.

That's odd. I don't know why you'd be forced to get cash back, then.
The system defaults to giving back the refund in the form of cash. The associate has to manually adjust the refund to credit if it was paid that way. I really don't know why the system doesn't auto adjust to form of payment.

So your saying cash=credit all the time at GS O:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back