GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to Online purchases and trade credit. I was wondering if stores that don't charge tax for games purchased with trade credit, also don't charge tax on console purchases. I would like to buy the Uncharted 4 Limited Edition Console but it is only available on their website. Given that I have the credit from all of these recent flips, I would like to purchase the console online and bring it back into the store to save on the tax. I mean $23 is $23.

In regards to Online purchases and trade credit. I was wondering if stores that don't charge tax for games purchased with trade credit, also don't charge tax on console purchases. I would like to buy the Uncharted 4 Limited Edition Console but it is only available on their website. Given that I have the credit from all of these recent flips, I would like to purchase the console online and bring it back into the store to save on the tax. I mean $23 is $23.
Yes, if they don't charge tax on games with credit, it applies to consoles as well

Yes, if they don't charge tax on games with credit, it applies to consoles as well
Glad to hear that the same policy applies to gaming hardware. Based on the past page do I need to make sure that they put the funds back on "trade credit" cards as opposed to giving me back cash? I would hate to go through all the work of ordering something online and telling them I want to repurchase it in store, only to be charged tax in the end.

Glad to hear that the same policy applies to gaming hardware. Based on the past page do I need to make sure that they put the funds back on "trade credit" cards as opposed to giving me back cash? I would hate to go through all the work of ordering something online and telling them I want to repurchase it in store, only to be charged tax in the end.
Yes it needs to be trade credit. If they give you cash, you will have to pay tax.

I don't know how it works but you might want to see about doing a web in store order. They can order it in store and ship to your house for free. I THINK they make you pay with the POS so you might not even have to do a return/rebuy that way. Again, I am really not sure but it is something you should look into.

Why didn't you say so.

https://goo.gl/quEBvJ
BViVDeA.jpg

Half the stuff I see here is bashing cag6. Let's leave him/her alone and be nice to each other and talk about deals instead?

Really trying to decide If i wanna pick up Gears 4 or not....50 seems really steep for season pass when the maps you get from the season pass are gonna rotate anyways.....I also find it funny how some games get absolutely destroyed by gamers for being too short at 5-10 hours yet time and time again Gears and COD seem to be exempt from it.  Its reported that gears 4 story is roughly 8 hrs long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really trying to decide If i wanna pick up Gears 4 or not....50 seems really steep for 50 bucks when the maps you get from the season pass are gonna rotate anyways.....I also find it funny how some games get absolutely destroyed by gamers for being too short at 5-10 hours yet time and time again Gears and COD seem to be exempt from it. Its reported that gears 4 story is roughly 8 hrs long.
That's cause most people just play multiplayer. I haven't played campaign on black ops 3 and only played advanced warfare campaign when my xbox live ended.

Im buying the gow system. It looks sic. I asked a local manager if i would be able to swap it out with the minecraft one i picked up using a bunch of coupons and he said sure np. That solves the question of should i buy it or not.

Double post before people go ape shit. I forgot to mentiom i would just have to pay the $150 difference. Theres no tax on trade in credit payments where im at.

Anyone here from Gamestop that might know about future additional credit for the PS4 500GB console..want to trade it in for a PS4 PRO but right now only being offered 125

Anyone here from Gamestop that might know about future additional credit for the PS4 500GB console..want to trade it in for a PS4 PRO but right now only being offered 125
I highly highly doubt they are gonna offer more then 125. With the slim model and ps4pro coming out there is literally zero reason for them to give more then 125 for the OG model. Im sure they are sitting on a bunch of them as it is with how long it was 200 trade in and bumps in the past. See the OG Xboxone for reasons as to why 125 is about all you can expect to get out of the fat ps4.

I highly highly doubt they are gonna offer more then 125. With the slim model and ps4pro coming out there is literally zero reason for them to give more then 125 for the OG model. Im sure they are sitting on a bunch of them as it is with how long it was 200 trade in and bumps in the past. See the OG Xboxone for reasons as to why 125 is about all you can expect to get out of the fat ps4.
A few months back they were offering 200 but that was BEFORE we found out about the PS4 PRO..I already have about 250 bucks worth of gamestop credit so I guess if the best I can do is 125 so be it..would rather do that than deal with craigslist people..just waiting for confirmation if you can upgrade the PS4 PRO hard drive or not

A few months back they were offering 200 but that was BEFORE we found out about the PS4 PRO..I already have about 250 bucks worth of gamestop credit so I guess if the best I can do is 125 so be it..would rather do that than deal with craigslist people..just waiting for confirmation if you can upgrade the PS4 PRO hard drive or not
hey I got $250 putting mine on the facebook marketplace. just a little less dangerous than craigslist

Really trying to decide If i wanna pick up Gears 4 or not....50 seems really steep for season pass when the maps you get from the season pass are gonna rotate anyways.....I also find it funny how some games get absolutely destroyed by gamers for being too short at 5-10 hours yet time and time again Gears and COD seem to be exempt from it. Its reported that gears 4 story is roughly 8 hrs long.
I'm getting the Ultimate edition and I don't want the season pass. I'll sell it to you for a cheaper price if you want. You can PM me to work out a price.

Just in case anyone didn't know, you can get a coupon to get free guides for 11250 points (worth up to $20)

Really good use of my extra points lol

hey I got $250 putting mine on the facebook marketplace. just a little less dangerous than craigslist
Never heard of facebook marketplace..how does it work? I would prefer in store, that way they cant come back weeks later and say "Oh it doesnt work anymore" even though it does

Never heard of facebook marketplace..how does it work? I would prefer in store, that way they cant come back weeks later and say "Oh it doesnt work anymore" even though it does
It's basically a Craigslist like feature extension in the facebook app. I've sold a bunch of stuff on there since last Thursday. You could have ppl asking for their money back but highly unlikely.

I did sell an Xbox one slim to a guy and he said it wouldn't read the disk. Long story short I had him send me a pic, the dude had the freakin Xbox upside down.... what a complete Idiot. Speaking of which...

Cag6 did you recently buy an Xbox one S ?

Im buying the gow system. It looks sic. I asked a local manager if i would be able to swap it out with the minecraft one i picked up using a bunch of coupons and he said sure np. That solves the question of should i buy it or not.
I'd love to do the same, but thought no way they'd do that when I paid $175 after coupons for the Minecraft bundle. I wonder how in the hell they are going to make it work. Sounds like a great deal, well done!

Like what?
Sorry man. The moment I said "yes" to you, the head moderator of this thread, DARBY, inbox'd me with a cease and desist of our convo or I would get banned. Sorry, but not getting banned for someone with only 15 posts. Hope you understand. Im risking things when I say this, but there are some amazing fucking flips out there right now.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back