GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of those

It's Wednesday and you know what that means! Gamestop price increases! Looks like they are jacking up the price of all last gen $0.99 to $3.99 games to $4.99. Last week it was a lot of Wii and PS3, this week it is alot of Xbox 360. Most notable is :360: The Orange Box went from $16.99 yesterday to $29.99 today :shock: Below is a complete list of price changes and TIV changes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=1081391423
Some of those games that got their prices jacked way up are still the lower price in store. I'm sure this isn't the case with all of them, though.

Check out this Wii game, for example:

Hunt for Black Beard's Booty by Activision

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/hunt-for-black-beards-booty/72035

Online it's $4.96 / $4.46, but if you check local availability and it there is one around, when you click pick up in store it will show that it's $0.99 in store.

(Sorry, I had pictures to help illustrate this point but I can't upload them for some reason)

Some of those

Some of those games that got their prices jacked way up are still the lower price in store. I'm sure this isn't the case with all of them, though.

Online it's $4.96 / $4.46, but if you check local availability and it there is one around, when you click pick up in store it will show that it's $0.99 in store.

(Sorry, I had pictures to help illustrate this point but I can't upload them for some reason)
I don't know who you are but Blackbeard is well respected on this forum. You will not trash him like that with insults!!! :)

Definitely didn't expect to see Skyrim on a Nintendo console, and it's very refreshing to not see motion controls in a Nintendo console reveal for the first time in 15+ years. I'll be getting the Nintendo Switch day one, despite the cheapass in me

Come on, you know you want black beard's booty!
piratebooty.jpg

We all do.

Yes the .99 cent games do exist still, it's just all the :ps3: :360: :wii: $1.99, $2.99, and $3.99 game prices were nuked by gamestop over the last 2 weeks. My application only pulls in store prices not the online ones. Good example used to Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom :ps3: It used to be $4.99 online and $19.99 in store but GS fixed that a while back. Anything :pS3: :360: :WII: $4.96 online now is guaranteed .99 in store.

Yes the .99 cent games do exist still, it's just all the :ps3: :360: :wii: $1.99, $2.99, and $3.99 game prices were nuked by gamestop over the last 2 weeks. My application only pulls in store prices not the online ones. Good example used to Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom :ps3: It used to be $4.99 online and $19.99 in store but GS fixed that a while back. Anything :pS3: :360: :WII: $4.96 online now is guaranteed .99 in store.
Wow. There are a few decent titles to be had for 99 cents if you can find them in store. Thanks for the tip on the $4.96 price. I never knew that.

http://www.gamestop.com/switch

They'll notify you when Nintendo Switch preorders go up if you sign up here

Edit: Huh, clicking on the link doesn't work for some reason. You have to search "Nintendo Switch" on the GS website and it'll bring you to the page I'm talking about

TONIGHT ONLY!
50% Extra Credit on games & accessories when you trade toward #Battlefield1. In-store only

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/789247486389063680

TONIGHT ONLY!
50% Extra Credit on games & accessories when you trade toward #Battlefield1. In-store only

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/789247486389063680
I'm waiting for the next 50% trade bonus, and this seems legit. I have a few ps4 games I want to trade and am new to GS trade ins, do I have to buy BF1 at the end of the transaction? And if I return BF1, will I still get the full amount credit back like a normal return. To my understanding, when they had the last 50% trade bonus toward a game (CoD IW) you could preorder for a $5 and then cancel at a later time. I want to stock pile my trade credit toward a new ps4

I'm waiting for the next 50% trade bonus, and this seems legit. I have a few ps4 games I want to trade and am new to GS trade ins, do I have to buy BF1 at the end of the transaction? And if I return BF1, will I still get the full amount credit back like a normal return. To my understanding, when they had the last 50% trade bonus toward a game (CoD IW) you could preorder for a $5 and then cancel at a later time. I want to stock pile my trade credit toward a new ps4
Youll get it all back, but you might get a jr. detective when you try to retun it.
Ask for a gift receipt when you buy it tonight.

Had an interesting time at GameStop today.

I went to GameStop to return a game.

As I return it, the guy goes: "You know if you keep doing that the manager is gonna stop you at some point?"

I go, "I haven't bought or returned something from GameStop in a long time."

He goes, "Just stuff I've been hearing here inside."

I take my phone out and check the GameStop app to see when the last time I had "negative points" transaction to signify a return. It wasn't until late June of 2016. I tell him, "I haven't returned something at GameStop since like June of this year."

He just shrugs and says, "I don't really care about that, man. Just letting you know what I've heard."

He then proceeded to take care of my return, but I was just dumbfounded as to why GameStop folks would be saying that.

This guy seemed like he genuinely didn't care about GS or if I was taking advantage, but beware CAGs - if they start to notice you, they will do something about it at some point.

Just a story I wanted to share with my fellow CAGs :)

As I return it, the guy goes: "You know if you keep doing that the manager is gonna stop you at some point?"

I take my phone out and check the GameStop app to see when the last time I had "negative points" transaction to signify a return. It wasn't until late June of 2016. I tell him, "I haven't returned something at GameStop since like June of this year."

He just shrugs and says, "I don't really care about that, man. Just letting you know what I've heard."

He then proceeded to take care of my return, but I was just dumbfounded as to why GameStop folks would be saying that.

This guy seemed like he genuinely didn't care about GS or if I was taking advantage, but beware CAGs - if they start to notice you, they will do something about it at some point.

Give it a year or two people will quit or be fired by then.

Youll get it all back, but you might get a jr. detective when you try to retun it.
Ask for a gift receipt when you buy it tonight.
lol. I got the 50% bonus toward bf1. I got $90 credit after 4 games and pro rewards. I even got $20 off because I preordered gears 4 and the code didn't show up on my receipt originally; the supervisor was a really nice guy. I'll be returning bf1 tomorrow at a different store. I usually don't do new game returns at my home store so I don't get shitty service later.

I already know then don't like when you return games. The store I returned forza 3 at last week, the guy actually grumbled under his breath about it. I gave him a good reason, since I wanted the digital copy but I could tell he was still bitter.

Another regular on this board mentioned something similar. I think they are going to be watching more returns in the near future.

Finally I got something to stack. store had to manually do the Battlefield bonus , when I also added a Tittanfall pre order I got that bonus as well. The manually adjusted 50% went towards the base value for the pur calculation. It was nice.

Edit: I don't see a titnafall promo on the site. Maybe the battlefield triggered a 20% bonus

Finally I got something to stack. store had to manually do the Battlefield bonus , when I also added a Tittanfall pre order I got that bonus as well. The manually adjusted 50% went towards the base value for the pur calculation. It was nice.

Edit: I don't see a titnafall promo on the site. Maybe the battlefield triggered a 20% bonus
damn, I didn't know there was an extra 20% bonus for titanfall 2. I tried to preorder that in the same transaction but the guy forgot to add it. The store got busy cause people were able to pick up their copies of bf1 at 8pm and a huge line formed behind me. I just got a good amount of credit earlier today and I traded blops 3 at best buy for $20 and bought lego force awaken for $5 out of pocket. It was a great night, thanks to whoever posted about 50% bonus for bf1 purchase.

They don't like returns? What about exchanges?
Yeah similar thing happened to me when I returned :xb1: DS3. Guy knew something was up when receipt showed 3 games with $25 boosted TIV. He said we don't like when customers do too many returns. He issued me a 'warning' and said that GS was going to monitor returns leading up to Holiday season. Never happened to me before. Was strange bc I really came in to exchange. I used the return credit to buy Ratchet Clank :ps4: and 2 food gift cards.
Be careful when/where you return and definitely use a gift receipt.

They were grilling some dude about returns when I was in there last weekend too. Really rude and serious sounding.

I think the DMs are cracking down on the stores.

Give it a month it'll be something else they focus on.

My return wasn't even a new game [after trade-in boosts]. Mine was just a regular pre-owned game, but I was just taken aback by the guy's comments. Be careful about returning anything, CAGs. It definitely sounds like GameStop is raising their guards up about any kind of returns.

My return wasn't even a new game [after trade-in boosts]. Mine was just a regular pre-owned game, but I was just taken aback by the guy's comments. Be careful about returning anything, CAGs. It definitely sounds like GameStop is raising their guards up about any kind of returns.
He might have thought you are someone who rents a game for 7 days and then returns it. Rinse and repeat for free rentals.

I remember warning everyone about this a good month ago to some unwelcome backlash. Managers are losing jobs now for encouraging this behavior from what I was told

Got to multiple stores in multiple districts. If you use the same store for everything you will likely have issues at some point.

Denying returns or allowing returns?
Returns. Not rejecting but warning that they would come because Gamestop is seriously attempting to identify the flippers or those who "game" the system using Insider knowledge.

Crazy thing is though if Gamestop themselves wouldn't be shady with their pricing practices the flips and boomerangs would be minimal at worst.

There are going to be a lot of new employees for the holiday season who have no idea what they are talking about whatsoever. Thats why theyre called seasonal. Also people really need to stop raising false alarms. Everyone has talked about this numerous times. All you have to do is not blatantly abuse the system.

There are going to be a lot of new employees for the holiday season who have no idea what they are talking about whatsoever. Thats why theyre called seasonal. Also people really need to stop raising false alarms. Everyone has talked about this numerous times. All you have to do is not blatantly abuse the system.
That's true and I agree, but the essence of flipping is abuse of the sytem

Returns. Not rejecting but warning that they would come because Gamestop is seriously attempting to identify the flippers or those who "game" the system using Insider knowledge.

Crazy thing is though if Gamestop themselves wouldn't be shady with their pricing practices the flips and boomerangs would be minimal at worst.
not true, flipping would be the same, if they really wanted it to stop they'd initiate a POS system similar to best buy, limiting trades down to 3 per year per platform... But you know.... GameStop

I got the last "new copy" of a game and isn't sealed and the dude forgot to put the annoying sticker on it to seal it. Would they have a problem taking that back in

That's true and I agree, but the essence of flipping is abuse of the sytem
I would say it's more of being an informed consumer. There are far more ignorant to informed gamestop customers. Just last weekend after my last trade I flipped like 3 games for $78 and the guy ahead of me traded in 2 grocery paper bags of Wii games for less than $5.

Yea but when you blatantly abuse it youre starting a fire you cant put out. If youre just smart about it and read what people are saying youll be fine.
Yeah I don't have any issues on my end. I guess I'm just carrying on the conversation. I used to work there so I'm pretty expected to know the system and I get a pass for it. That said, The crackdown is "real" but as said, not as dire as blown up to be

Insider knowledge? The values are all publicly posted. It's their fault their prices are higher than market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back