GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing lots of talk of retro trade in, I have a basement full and I've yet to find anything I'd consider fair for these... Am I missing something?
$25 coupon for console trade-ins

I've heard it can be used for more than one console per use

I didn't get it though :(

Tried to trade in a bunch of GameCube and GBA games and the employee told me that I was lying when I told him that all GameStop stores are accepting them again so I showed him the website and he told me the website is wrong.

lol

Tried to trade in a bunch of GameCube and GBA games and the employee told me that I was lying when I told him that all GameStop stores are accepting them again so I showed him the website and he told me the website is wrong.

lol
Go back there and either ask for a manager and set that store straight, or buy something cheap through that employee and give him a bad survey.

lol
You can send a survey about a store experience without a purchase. Tellgamestop.com

I'm wondering the same thing. I have a few handhelds to trade, but have the tech coupon.
Ditto. I actually have a few handhelds and some random electronics to trade, and if everything works as advertised I'll have more than enough to cover a PSVR. I just need to know if I'll also need to track down a console coupon to boost everything.

On a related note - these coupons aren't tied to your PUR account? If I can find someone (I've emailed a friend of mine to check his account) that has the coupon they can give it to me & I can use it with no problems?

Just traded in a Killer Instinct SNES cartridge for $4.40 with my Pro card. Traded it in towards a copy of The Saboteur for PS3. I paid nothing for The Saboteur since it was $4.49 and I had some money on my account. The KI label was worn but still intact so I had absolutely no problems trading it in. I'm going to look for my other NES and SNES doubles and trade those in later today since GS is up the street from me. None of my doubles are particularly uncommon titles and I don't use EBay so I don't mind trading them to GS while the values are still somewhat decent.

I lined up a retro trade yesterday with some NES and SNES that I either inherited from friends or picked up at work for a $1 each  :hot:

After the Pokemon bonus, I walked out with $170+   Had a couple of 'bigger titles' in the bunch, including Super Bomberman, Megaman & River City Ransom.  After looking at the eBay prices, I just wanted to trade them in without having to ship each one individually (too lazy...)

Ditto. I actually have a few handhelds and some random electronics to trade, and if everything works as advertised I'll have more than enough to cover a PSVR. I just need to know if I'll also need to track down a console coupon to boost everything.

On a related note - these coupons aren't tied to your PUR account? If I can find someone (I've emailed a friend of mine to check his account) that has the coupon they can give it to me & I can use it with no problems?
They are tied to your PUR account. If an employee allows you to use the coupon, they can get fired by their store manager if that individual did not know they were only supposed to allow you to use coupons on your own account. Regardless, that individual would more than likely get fired by their district manager if he/she finds out. That's why I haven't asked for a system coupon because I would feel bad, even if it would mean an additional $500 in value for my already ~$700 trade. I don't want to get anyone fired during the holidays.

I know this because one of the new employees at my local store almost was fired for allowing people to use coupons not on their account, but was able to keep his job since he was never instructed that he wasn't allowed to do that. Also, when they had the $50 off Xbox One coupon, the store manager who I am friendly with wasn't going to use his and asked his district manager if he could give it to me since I am one of their better customers and the district manager threatened to fire him immediately.

Based on what I have been garnering from this forum, you may also get banned depending on how large your trade in is.

And I'm also guessing that YMMV depending on where you live, but that's at least how the policies are in regards to coupons for where I am at. Hope that helps!

They are tied to your PUR account. If an employee allows you to use the coupon, they can get fired by their store manager if that individual did not know they were only supposed to allow you to use coupons on your own account. Regardless, that individual would more than likely get fired by their district manager if he/she finds out. That's why I haven't asked for a system coupon because I would feel bad, even if it would mean an additional $500 in value for my already ~$700 trade. I don't want to get anyone fired during the holidays.

I know this because one of the new employees at my local store almost was fired for allowing people to use coupons not on their account, but was able to keep his job since he was never instructed that he wasn't allowed to do that. Also, when they had the $50 off Xbox One coupon, the store manager who I am friendly with wasn't going to use his and asked his district manager if he could give it to me since I am one of their better customers and the district manager threatened to fire him immediately.

Based on what I have been garnering from this forum, you may also get banned depending on how large your trade in is.

And I'm also guessing that YMMV depending on where you live, but that's at least how the policies are in regards to coupons for where I am at. Hope that helps!
Thanks, it does. I'm very friendly w/ my GS guys and would never ask them to do anything that would get them in trouble. So now I guess the question is does the tech coupon boost consoles? Guess I can figure that one out on my own in a bit by trying. :)

I went to a store yesterday that asked why I had two copies of Mario Kart Wii a few months ago but they had no problem taking two nes consoles and two ps1 games. It all depends on the employee, technically its only one per transaction but some employees don't mind.

They are tied to your PUR account. If an employee allows you to use the coupon, they can get fired by their store manager if that individual did not know they were only supposed to allow you to use coupons on your own account. Regardless, that individual would more than likely get fired by their district manager if he/she finds out.
That's stupid unless the system shows which account that coupon is tied to and overrides it. I'm not saying you're wrong but it's sheer stupidity on Gamestop's part to fire employees they've trained over this unless their system informs them that the coupon in use doesn't belong to the PUR member trying to use it.

It's not like every customer is going to announce, "Hey, can I use a coupon from my friend's PUR account?"

They should just code their system to not accept a coupon unless the PUR account was entered beforehand. :wall:

Do you think I could trade in 2 GBAs or 2 PS1s in 1 transaction? Is that allowed?
It says in fine print on the website that it's supposed to be one copy of each game per transaction, but I don't think it says anything about systems. In most cases, they're worried about the systems being part of a theft, but it's not likely that they will hassle someone about two GBAs or two PS1s since they can't be purchased new at retail in this day and age. If they do, just wait a day and trade the second systems then.

Any quick gamestop to bestbuy credit transfers other than black ops 3?  Im making a run to best buy today after work and theres a gamestop right across the street so thought I would grab one or two more quick credit movers.  Thanks all.

Traded in some Snes games like Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire II, Demon's Crest, Final Fight 3, Ninja Warriors and some others. Did not get that much but considering their condition meh.

Traded in my copy of Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut today. Didn't wanna be bothered with shipping and eBay fees, so $52.50 extra credit in my pocket is fine with me for something that had been sitting in a drawer for years. Even gave them the box and manual with it. Hoarding cases and manuals is a dick move, let the buying customers have them.

Traded in my copy of Clay Fighter Sculptor's Cut today. Didn't wanna be bothered with shipping and eBay fees, so $52.50 extra credit in my pocket is fine with me for something that had been sitting in a drawer for years. Even gave them the box and manual with it. Hoarding cases and manuals is a dick move, let the buying customers have them.
Watch them just toss out the case and manual anyway XD.

Traded in a bunch of games, got Gears 4, DQB and $160 saved towards the Switch fuck the transaction was stress. Manager had his staff call in I think and he was speaking super fast and moving super fast saying he was alone and trying to get everything done. Whatever he's having a hard day the speed thing is annoying and really over the top but whatever. But he was also cursing his staff under his breath but loud enough for most to hear while ringing me up.

He didn't find several retro games in his system and I had to show him the games in my app. He then found them all but a $7 one but I was happy with that. He seemed like he was going to explode any minute and the store wasn't exceptionally busy. There was like 1 family there and one person in line besides me.

I feel like I should mention it on the survey but I feel kinda bad.

Traded in a bunch of games, got Gears 4, DQB and $160 saved towards the Switch fuck the transaction was stress. Manager had his staff call in I think and he was speaking super fast and moving super fast saying he was alone and trying to get everything done. Whatever he's having a hard day the speed thing is annoying and really over the top but whatever. But he was also cursing his staff under his breath but loud enough for most to hear while ringing me up.

He didn't find several retro games in his system and I had to show him the games in my app. He then found them all but a $7 one but I was happy with that. He seemed like he was going to explode any minute and the store wasn't exceptionally busy. There was like 1 family there and one person in line besides me.

I feel like I should mention it on the survey but I feel kinda bad.
I question how people amass so much credit and that many games. Still good job.

Anybody have a console coupon they'd be willing to sell? I know there's a thread for GS coupons, but that place is a ghost town...

Im willing to trade my only coupon for literally anything or nothing at all because it's worthless:

- Pro Members get Free Value Shipping for Orders of Blast from the Past System Bundles! (In-Stock Only)

am i missing something or did you trade a $2000 game in for $50 store credit because you were lazy

Im showing the trade in value for a 500gb ps4 for $150 for PUR members...anyone know how long this will b4 it goes back down $100. Need to trade in for ps4 pro but, want to keep my regular ps4 for as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back