GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario Kart Double Dash is $14 base. And yes, they don't take every retro game out there, just like they don't take every modern game out there.
Thanks. On Saturday, it didn't show a value for Double Dash. I think I might keep it anyway though. All this trading in retro has gotten me nostalgic.

Yes they do not take in the Godzilla game but they do take in the 2 disc Resident Evil Remake on the GC regardless of the case. So they are only half BSing you. Below is a full list of the games they do take in from the website however many GC and GBA games still have NA as a TIV.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=984439758
Thank you. I didn't have a chance to check that before going in (this happened early yesterday morning), and with all the NAs on the website I figured that I would have to go in and ask, anyway. So what would be the best way to get them to accept the REmake if I don't have the original case?

Mario Kart Double Dash is $14 base. And yes, they don't take every retro game out there, just like they don't take every modern game out there.
I'm starting to sense a trend in your posts here.

Short story: If I preorder a game and then return it after release, do I have to return the preorder bonus too?

Long story: If I use the Pokemon sun/moon 40% TIV bump and fully pay off the games, and pick them up along with the preorder poster, do I have to return the poster when I return the games?

Yay more Gamestop midday updates. I'm getting a lot of these errors when testing now. "The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable."

So apparently not every retro game is being accepted. I took in a pile of GC games I got from back in the 75% off days and they said that they couldn't take my copy of Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee or the two-disc Resident Evil (they said it had to be the anniversary version, which they couldn't tell from the generic case). Is this a real thing or did they make it up?
my store took RE in as that. I think it's a mistake in their system the name I don't think REmake was ever called anniversary edition. Especially since their system says 10 year anniversary but the remake came out 6 years after the original

So what would be the best way to get them to accept the REmake if I don't have the original case?
eOUvf9h.jpg

Ok, so I've been out of the trading game for a while so I have a quick question. Does GS generally accept Redbox games with the sticker still on the game, or would I have to do my best to get that stupid ring sticker off?

Ok, so I've been out of the trading game for a while so I have a quick question. Does GS generally accept Redbox games with the sticker still on the game, or would I have to do my best to get that stupid ring sticker off?
My local stores have never cared about that sticker.

Saving the online estimate doesn't help when the problem is that they think it's a different game.

my store took RE in as that. I think it's a mistake in their system the name I don't think REmake was ever called anniversary edition. Especially since their system says 10 year anniversary but the remake came out 6 years after the original
Thanks, think I'll try a different store, then.

My local stores have never cared about that sticker.
Good, thanks! Not fun trying to get those stupid things off.

With the holidays coming up, I wonder what the chances are that we will see another console trade in promo of some sort. Fingers crossed, wished I would have got that last $25 console coupon!

Short story: If I preorder a game and then return it after release, do I have to return the preorder bonus too?

Long story: If I use the Pokemon sun/moon 40% TIV bump and fully pay off the games, and pick them up along with the preorder poster, do I have to return the poster when I return the games?
No.

Usually I remove them so I guarantee no hassles. Twice I traded in with those stickers - one store didn't care, and the other had a absolute b***h that just had to put a refurb on it while lying to my face.

So from all the talk in here, I'm guessing that retro trades finally went nation wide?

I just gave my usual store a call and they said they're not accepting them, is it just that they added more test markets?

So from all the talk in here, I'm guessing that retro trades finally went nation wide?

I just gave my usual store a call and they said they're not accepting them, is it just that they added more test markets?
Sounds like a typical gamestop employee, doesn't know shit about anything going on.

Had a hard time yesterday trying to trade in some retro games as well. Employee would not budge and had to call some other stores in the area to verify.

So it's $10 extra credit and not a coupon (as in $10 off CoD) - interesting
*$10 Credit: Offer valid for PowerUp Rewards Pro Members Only. Offer valid through 11/18, store credit must be redeemed before 11/23 toward the purchase of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. $10 store credit will be available in Active Offers no later than 11/3/2016. Trades with a base value of less than $3 are not eligible. Not valid toward cash trades.

That verbage says coupon.

does anybody know when the last time gamestop ran a 50% trade in bonus?  do they typically run that promo during the holidays?

i have a lot of retro stuff i'd like to trade but  i would wait if there's a good chance for a trade in bonus

Do GameStop test ps4? Bought a cheap ps4 that has a minor HDMI problem, want to trade it.

real answer: sometimes yes, sometimes no. depends on how busy/lazy the associate is.
realer answer: dont think you're just screwing over gamestop and who cares gamestop sux. You're also inconveniencing the person that happens to buy it. That person shouldnt have to run around and make extra trips just because some scumbag knowing unloaded sketchy product. See also the jerks trading in broken retro systems/ games knowing they can't/won't be tested.

real answer: sometimes yes, sometimes no. depends on how busy/lazy the associate is.
realer answer: dont think you're just screwing over gamestop and who cares gamestop sux. You're also inconveniencing the person that happens to buy it. That person shouldnt have to run around and make extra trips just because some scumbag knowing unloaded sketchy product. See also the jerks trading in broken retro systems/ games knowing they can't/won't be tested.
Fk GS anyway. bought an original Xbox 360 blast bundle last week, power supply has problem. Gamestop associate told me to bring the whole bundle to exchange in store.

Yea - the 10/20% Guarantee was eliminated by corporate. My friend who is a Gamestop GM told me about it last week. They received just under a week's notice.

Well their stock is shit right now but I don't see how raising prices more is going to help. Main reason I don't get newer titles from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Might help with trade-in values. Since the 20/10 guarantee it seemed like no games had a $35 base, and very very few had a $30 base. Maybe we'll see more games at $30-35 base again.

Then again, this is GameStop, so probably not.

Didn't they just come out with the 10/20% thing recently? I hadn't even heard about it until that Doom sale a couple of months ago which didn't fit the policy.

Well their stock is shit right now but I don't see how raising prices more is going to help. Main reason I don't get newer titles from them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Hoping that they have some sort of B2G1 on used games during BF weekend or something, that way it will deplete stock even more and force them to run a 50% bonus trade promo (hopefully with matching cash value too :mrgreen:).

For the strategy guide coupon:

If the guide is more than $20, it will just take off $20 right? I don't have to buy a guide that is under $20?

Can I use more than one during the time period listed on the coupon redemption page (10/16-1/15)?

I'm looking to get the FFXV and Pokémon CE guides and I have a bunch of points to burn.

That is correct. it will take $20 off whatever the price is. it doesn't have to be $20. Example. I bought the World of Final Fantasy guide at 24.99 used the coupon. Only 4.99. Best use of points in my opinion. I only buy guides for my RPG's though since I'm OCD and don't like to miss anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back