GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dug through my old games this morning looking for retro trades. I was actually kinda bummed to find I had so many complete in box. I mean, I would probably trade Ocarina, Majora, Donkey Kong Country, Sim City SNES, and Castlevania IV with the Sun/Moon boost if they were raw carts, but it feels like throwing money out the window to trade them in boxes....
I only traded in doubles since I knew I would miss my originals. If I were you, that's what I would do.

I only traded in doubles since I knew I would miss my originals. If I were you, that's what I would do.
That's what I would have done up til now, but I've come to the point in my life when I know I will never play the original carts / systems again. There are too many ways to play old games so they don't take up closet space, and with no CRT in the house (or in my future) there's just no point. There are a few games I'll hold onto (Little Nemo isn't going anywhere), and I draw the line at trading retro portable stuff. Otherwise, I'm ready. ...I'm ready.

What does one do with empty game boxes? Is there a market in the CAG sell/trade thread? I'm not interested in learning how to use ebay. Eh, I'll figure it out I guess.

The one I'm hemming over most is Twilight Princess for GC. eBay prices are obviously way higher than the GS trade value, but it seems like there's a better option. SO MANY QUESTIONS.
It depends on what your end goal is. Are you trying to just make profit or do you want to sell your retro collection permanently?

If you want to sell permanently just throw it on Craigslist. I guarantee you will get someone interested.

If you just want profit then trade cart only to GS and then rebuy at lower prices.

I hear ya. Went through my stuff over the weekend and even though they have been boxed up seeing my collection made me want to hang on to them. Tried hard to convince myself to ditch them but decided against it.

For now...

It depends on what your end goal is. Are you trying to just make profit or do you want to sell your retro collection permanently?

If you want to sell permanently just throw it on Craigslist. I guarantee you will get someone interested.

If you just want profit then trade cart only to GS and then rebuy at lower prices.
Good advice. Thanks! I don't really have a collection. Just stuff from when I was a kid. I'm also a lazy cheapass looking for the best, easiest deal, though, so I hate to give up potential value in game boxes. I'll probably end up trading the games and throwing the boxes back in the closet for now. Maybe I'll see if anyone is interested in box/manuals only at some point.

The lure of the trade is strong. As is the lure of more than $400 in credit with BF around the corner. Just so I'm clear, the Pokemon bonus is 50% w/ PUR and it expires 11/17, right? If not, I may need to rethink my strategy.

I got the $10 off COD coupon today. 

Fine Print:

"Valid until 11/23/16 for PUR members only. $10 store credit must be applied toward the purchase of COD:IW. An Xbox One or PS4 game must be traded. Trades with a base value of less than $3 not eligible. Not valid toward cash trades..."

It doesn't say New or used copy but it has to be towards COD:IW. Also, no mentions if it works for the pro or legacy edition either. Weird worded coupon. 

Using this bad boy with the Gears "$20 off any $59.99 xbox game." Hopefully it stacks for Cod Legacy for $49.99 plus tax which is about equal with Target's B2G1 with coupons without spending cash. 

Is there a 50%/60%wPUR bonus going on today as mentioned yesterday? Nothing on the web and no emails with that info yet.
If it happens it'll probably be a last minute thing like what they did with BF1 a few weeks back. Announced late afternoon and only good for a few hours. We will see tonight...

Went to trade a game for the extra $10 towards IW. Was told the register would not process it because the game had to be "bought", aka since I still have a balance it wouldn't work. Said when I come at midnight to "officially" get the game, I could do it then.

What does one do with empty game boxes? Is there a market in the CAG sell/trade thread? I'm not interested in learning how to use ebay. Eh, I'll figure it out I guess.

The one I'm hemming over most is Twilight Princess for GC. eBay prices are obviously way higher than the GS trade value, but it seems like there's a better option. SO MANY QUESTIONS.
I'm sure there would be a market for it here. I know I would probably be interested in buying your whole lot of boxes/manuals if you end up trading the loose carts in.

I'm sure there would be a market for it here. I know I would probably be interested in buying your whole lot of boxes/manuals if you end up trading the loose carts in.
Someone else messaged me about them, but if that falls through I'd be interested to hear what you would pay for them. I'll message you.

I went back to look when the BF1 50% promo was posted on FB and it was at 5:31pm my local time (mountain)! If this happens the same way we won't have much time to take advantage. I have my trades ready and if it doesn't happen I'll just do the Pokemon 40% later.

GeeZ if anyone is selling a bunch of retro stuff to gamestop for credit and would rather have cash shoot me a pm with a list I'm trying to build a collection.

Does anyone know if the $10 credit and 20% extra trade credit towards COD:IW are supposed to stack?

Also, is the extra $10 deal is definitely reliant on a scanned coupon? Because I just renewed my PUR and pre-ordered yesterday and haven't received any coupon.

Already bought IW Digital Deluxe on PSN so I don't need my $10 off code. If anyone wants it send me a PM.
Please don't ask for it if you don't plan on using it. Also, I won't give it to anyone with an account less than a year old.

is the $10 off limited to one game? the coupon references "items" and "trades" so i'm assuming not. I might actually get call a duty for the single player which I'm hearing is very good, and I have a dual shock 4 to trade in since amazon had the cheap new model DS4.

Did the battlefield 1 50% bonus apply to accessories, or no?

The voicemail stated that bring in my trades to the event and get 60 percent. Was also told in the store. Was also told over the phone.

By store leader, assistant store leader, and senior guest advisor who also said that the 60 would go through the 16th. Now the 16th I call bs but the rest makes sense maybe.

They hit me about the free Cod with PS4 before hand so I dunno

I called the store here and they said only 20% bonus. If the $10 can be used on multiple games I might still get call of doody

The voicemail stated that bring in my trades to the event and get 60 percent. Was also told in the store. Was also told over the phone.

By store leader, assistant store leader, and senior guest advisor who also said that the 60 would go through the 16th. Now the 16th I call bs but the rest makes sense maybe.

If you are lying we will track you down, and do things

I don't know what Ticket ClubTM is but I got a code for a free membership from GameStop in my email.

I feel like his gs got confused with the old 50% bonus that went on last month.
tumblr_lgpfc1DfU01qeweuno1_1280.jpg

Prepare for wall of text.

I had completely different experiences at two separate gamestops today trying to trade in 8 items (A mix of ps4, Xbox one, 360, ps1, n64snd GC games) to get 40% extra towards Pokemon to get a used copy of Titanfall 2 and of course I'm going to come to CAG to vent!

First GameStop I knew it was going to be a problem because as soon as I walked in and he sees my N64 copy of WWF No Mercy, he goes "Well I know we don't take this" and sets it off to the side. I promptly say, here's the app showing you do. He then picks up my disc only copy of ps1 parasite eve and says "there is no way we take this either, it's too old". I explain they are taking everything all the way back to NES and show him the app again. At this point, he decides to ask his coworker who says "the system must be updating now". I then get a little agitated and say "no I've had a trade in value saved for two days on this item and I don't think it takes two days to update your system because you drop values daily". Neither of them liked that comment, nor responded.

After that I noticed a small refurb on parasite eve. I ask why and he says all retro is hit with a refurb fee so they can check it works correctly (obvious bs because five seconds ago he didn't know they took retro items) but I'm ok with the dollar charge because I just want to get rid of this closet dwelling crap and get the new Titanfall. We get to the end and i tell him that I want to throw $5 on Pokemon and he then stops and goes "well you have to put all the credit on it otherwise we take away the promo bump". I say that is not true as I've done similar in the past, he says the policy is what it is. I say never mind then, I don't want to trade anything in. I then only buy a $3 dorb out of the clearance bin so I can get my receipt and give GS feedback on his wonderful customer service and head on my way.

2nd GameStop, a mile away, I walk in and within 5 minutes I have everything traded in with no refurb fees. Only had to put $5 down on Pokemon and got the extra 40 percent plus my mint used copy of Titanfall 2.

One store absolutely horrible, the other store absolutely amazing. Just thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

I was checking for all promotions for COD IW, and I didn't see anything regarding 50% bonus trade credit. No conference call for the release either, so I haven't heard any last minute promos like Battlefield 1's release.

I had completely different experiences at two separate gamestops today trying to trade in 8 items (A mix of ps4, Xbox one, 360, ps1, n64snd GC games) to get 40% extra towards Pokemon to get a used copy of Titanfall 2 and of course I'm going to come to CAG to vent!

First GameStop I knew it was going to be a problem because as soon as I walked in and he sees my N64 copy of WWF No Mercy, he goes "Well I know we don't take this" and sets it off to the side. I promptly say, here's the app showing you do. He then picks up my disc only copy of ps1 parasite eve and says "there is no way we take this either, it's too old". I explain they are taking everything all the way back to NES and show him the app again. At this point, he decides to ask his coworker who says "the system must be updating now". I then get a little agitated and say "no I've had a trade in value saved for two days on this item and I don't think it takes two days to update your system because you drop values daily". Neither of them liked that comment, nor responded.

After that I noticed a small refurb on parasite eve. I ask why and he says all retro is hit with a refurb fee so they can check it works correctly (obvious bs because five seconds ago he didn't know they took retro items) but I'm ok with the dollar charge because I just want to get rid of this closet dwelling crap and get the new Titanfall. We get to the end and i tell him that I want to throw $5 on Pokemon and he then stops and goes "well you have to put all the credit on it otherwise we take away the promo bump". I say that is not true as I've done similar in the past, he says the policy is what it is. I say never mind then, I don't want to trade anything in. I then only buy a $3 dorb out of the clearance bin so I can get my receipt and give GS feedback on his wonderful customer service and head on my way.

2nd GameStop, a mile away, I walk in and within 5 minutes I have everything traded in with no refurb fees. Only had to put $5 down on Pokemon and got the extra 40 percent plus my mint used copy of Titanfall 2.

One store absolutely horrible, the other store absolutely amazing. Just thought you guys might get a kick out of this.
I could tell that first guy was terrible, since you don't need an excuse to take in No Mercy, possibly the greatest wrestling game of all time :D

Doesn't sound like you're very... confident

Forgot to mention it yesterday, but shout out to Peter Pan at the Taylor Square GS for being a useless douche canoe.

Asked him if they had any copies of Destiny The Collection used(would be under the regular used sku) and he immediately said no and refused to look.  Same with looking in the drawer for any steelbooks for Xbox.

It's amazing. Every GS is totally different. The managers must be the reason I am guessing. Making up their own rules to get numbers where corporate wants them. It's amazing what people do for barely minimum wage.

I have one near me that sells retro stuff in store
Some store managers don't follow rules is all I can say. I just know what the official wording is from gso. All retro product is sent back to the warehouse and the refurb fee is 0. When you look up any retro item on the site it says online only. That store will likely be talked to soon about sending that product back.

Actually all retro product is suppose to be marked as refurb to be sent back to the warehouse as stores don't sell retro product in store.
Correct, but the refurb fee that is applied is supposed to be $0.00

And some stores are getting retro stuff shipped from the warehouse.

Joke if you want, but that store called their entire Cod list and told them 50% plus pro bonus to come and get the game.

Worst case, the store is in some serious trouble

Just called and confirmed. They did tell everyone that by mistake. That store is going to have a problem.

Coming from the assistant leader.

My apologies to everyone for that.

I would love to see how that will be dealt with because customers are in there asking for their 60%

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back