GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have any confirmation that the bonus works on consoles? Also, is it a real 50% bonus or that 40% bonus + 10% PUR = 50% crap they've given us a couple times?

Do we have any confirmation that the bonus works on consoles? Also, is it a real 50% bonus or that 40% bonus + 10% PUR = 50% crap they've given us a couple times?
We need an East Coaster to try it out. They don't open for another 13 minutes here, and I don't plan to go out ASAP anyway. Still debating if I want to trade in my XB1, wish GS had deals on them to facilitate an immediate purchase.

However, it will be a flat 50%. Consoles are never part of the PUR bonus, and it would usually mention something like "+40% and +50% for PUR members!" I think.

All that said, if someone else doesn't report back, I'll try to go before too long and try it with my PS3. Still debating if I want to renew PURP because I never use it and don't know that the $15 sub is worth the extra $4 in trade credit from my games and controller.

Hoping by some miracle consoles do work. I'd volunteer as tribute myself but I have class in less than an hour and I'll be stuck there till atleast 2 or 3.

I'd love to be able to trade in my other White New 3DS and just rebuy a Black one on Friday for less. (Plus PUR points and all)

Hoping by some miracle consoles do work. I'd volunteer as tribute myself but I have class in less than an hour and I'll be stuck there till atleast 2 or 3.

I'd love to be able to trade in my other White New 3DS and just rebuy a Black one on Friday for less. (Plus PUR points and all)
Miracle confirmed (taken from pre-BF sale thread):

Got the 50% on my PS4, Xbox One wireless controller, and games. PS4 Pro cost me $7.. plus I got the free Destiny. :D/

Has anyone tried the Call of Duty trade offer? Curious how it shows up on the receipt. I assume you wouldn't be able to just return CoD for $60.

I have not played it. I've been told that it's a Team Fortress 2 wannabe.
That'd be a pretty nice way of putting it. IDK how varied the game modes got upon release, but it struck me as the crappiest attempt at Overwatch you could muster. TF2 doesn't have the MOBA aspect Battleborn does, IMO. That's where it fails, to me. It has that full-on creeps to kill and bases to destroy, but it's just not a good time for me.

Has anyone tried the Call of Duty trade offer? Curious how it shows up on the receipt. I assume you wouldn't be able to just return CoD for $60.
I don't even know that it's a real "offer." I think they're just letting you know that CoD is $40 and games trade for $40.

I'll believe the 50% boost when I see a receipt or a few more confirmation posts.
About to shower, then will head over to my GS with the PS3 and report back. Fair warning, I have no image hosting account to post a receipt, though I could probably give a link to the auto-upload of OneDrive that I'll get from taking a picture.

Just got back from GS and can confirm 50% bonus is good on consoles. Cashier is gonna trade his PS4 in for a pro. He was excited to find out. Also used up a couple b2g1 to flip some games to another store under a different account.

I have this offer in my acct: Pro Offer* $10 OFF CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE WITH XBOX 1 OR PS4 GAME TRADE -  PowerUp Rewards Pro Members Only. $10 store credit must be applied toward the purchase of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. An Xbox One or Playstation 4 game must be traded. Trades with a base value of less than $3 not eligible. Not valid toward cash trades.

So could I get COD for $30? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this in my acct: Pro Offer* $10 OFF CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE WITH XBOX 1 OR PS4 GAME TRADE PowerUp Rewards Pro Members Only. $10 store credit must be applied toward the purchase of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. An Xbox One or Playstation 4 game must be traded. Trades with a base value of less than $3 not eligible. Not valid toward cash trades.

So could I get COD for $30?
Yes.

Now on a great hunt for cables in my house. Looking for the PS3 Composite cable that I never used because it's HDMI-capable. I was about to just give up and take it in with one of my spare HDMI cables, then I found an old DSi that would trade in for $37.50. However, IDK where the AC adapter is for this thing, so now I'm looking for that as well.

I was at a GS today and when I went in this guy was trying to return something but didnt have the receipt. Clerk told him all he could do was exchange for the same product. Guy keeps saying he wants his money back. Clerk then offered a GC instead just to make him happy. Guy is still saying I want my money back, I dont want no GC and started cussing the clerk out.

Clerk asked him to leave or he was going to call the cops. He said go ahead. Cop came, and asked both sides of the story. Guy started cussing the cop out and stormed out saying if I was a white guy I would get my money back. Cop went outside with him, but couldnt see what happened.

Try 16 with 2 accounts n00b
W2sGN9z.gif

I was at a GS today and when I went in this guy was trying to return something but didnt have the receipt. Clerk told him all he could do was exchange for the same product. Guy keeps saying he wants his money back. Clerk then offered a GC instead just to make him happy. Guy is still saying I want my money back, I dont want no GC and started cussing the clerk out.

Clerk asked him to leave or he was going to call the cops. He said go ahead. Cop came, and asked both sides of the story. Guy started cussing the cop out and stormed out saying if I was a white guy I would get my money back. Cop went outside with him, but couldnt see what happened.
I was in a local game store here the other day and a guy was trying to return a 360 with receipt, except it was a different 360 than the one he bought from them. The clerk kept saying that the serial numbers didn't match but the crack head kept trying to play dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back