GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure you just haven't seen the account officially restricted in the system yet. I'm going to guess that you did a trade at that store yesterday and that is when the junior detectives went into your account more carefully. A district manager initiated ban won't happen immediately. It may take into effect later today or maybe even some time next week. it probably depends on when LP processes the request.
how long do these bans usually last?

100 at the first. Like 150 at the second. At the second they were all boomerangs,and he said how convenient, your trading all the games that just went on sale.
Wow thats it? I did 4 $200 trades for credit at different stores and everyone was cool so far. Maybe I shouldn't push my luck....but maybe I should lol. Very convenient having 8 gamestops with 5-20 minutes of my house here in buffalo

I wish I had really close together gamestops like some of you. My nearest is 20 minutes away at least, and the nearest to that is another 20 minutes... But in the other direction....

that's not too bad. As long as they don't take your trade credit I'd be fine with the trade ban. Is there a bigger more serious ban I should know about?
They can completely ban the account permanently if they want to. This is why you should have your credit on a trade card instead of your PUR card. They can wipe the PUR card but not the trade card.

Well went to another district and made six PUR accounts during trade ins. Did not know Madden 17 until the second store and others dropped but I made about $220 profit. If only I hadn't forgotten the $5 trade card as well and rechecked trade values......

They can completely ban the account permanently if they want to. This is why you should have your credit on a trade card instead of your PUR card. They can wipe the PUR card but not the trade card.
all my credit is on a trade card which is good. Didn't know you can get perma banned

Flipped a bunch of Pokémon games and didn't bother to look at them. The next store hit me with a refurb fee on Alpha Sapphire because there was a tooth mark on it lmao. $4 wasn't worth the hassle so I just went with it. Embarrassing though.

EIther you have to be a repeat offender or do some serious abuse. You can expect it to just be a temp ban.
definitely not serious abuse. Not talking $1000 per transaction. I profited maybe $75-100 each flip from store to store. I also used account A to buy, account B to trade/buy, to account A to trade/Buy, to account B to trade.

Flipped a bunch of Pokémon games and didn't bother to look at them. The next store hit me with a refurb fee on Alpha Sapphire because there was a tooth mark on it lmao. $4 wasn't worth the hassle so I just went with it. Embarrassing though.
I love that they charged a fee for that. How are they supposed to refurb a tooth mark? They are just going to sell it as is.

definitely not serious abuse. Not talking $1000 per transaction. I profited maybe $75-100 each flip from store to store. I also used account A to buy, account B to trade/buy, to account A to trade/Buy, to account B to trade.
Isn't that like $300-$600 per transaction. Assuming you did this three times you shouldn't have hit the $1500 limit since you used two accounts but I would be careful this month. Your damn lucky inventory in your stores were good enough to do this. I couldn't get a single copy of World of Final Fantasy which was the only game boomerangable I wanted. I could only make $20-$60 profit each store.

My state requires DL and Thumbprint for any trade. That would really void any "many accounts" trick.

Not sure how a DM ban lasts for but I would guess it would be the permanent kind. 

Also, I notice that the system allows cashiers to see all of your preorders at every store.  Is this a new and more visible feature?  One associate implied I had a ton of preorders which caught me off guard since I limit my preorder to one per store. 

Is it worth $70 to upgrade to the new Xbox One S from the Elite console without a 4K TV? (Both are 1 TB)
I have been going back and forth with this all day as I am literally in the exact same situation. I have come to the conclusion that no, it is not worth it (at least for me)

Not sure how a DM ban lasts for but I would guess it would be the permanent kind.

Also, I notice that the system allows cashiers to see all of your preorders at every store. Is this a new and more visible feature? One associate implied I had a ton of preorders which caught me off guard since I limit my preorder to one per store.
That isn't new it has been there since not sure a long time.

[attachment=24503:1479941228413-1296460940.jpg][attachment=24504:1479941264797-644437442.jpg]

Apparently you can get the old DS4 value if you use the old SKU. 2 different stores, same district. I won't fight becsuse I'm already robbing them blind.

Also, I notice that the system allows cashiers to see all of your preorders at every store. Is this a new and more visible feature? One associate implied I had a ton of preorders which caught me off guard since I limit my preorder to one per store.
I really want to know is how easily can they see your recent transactions and how far back. If so how long does it take to update between transactions.

I've been out of the loop for awhile. Do any new games come with downloadable versions of other games? I remember Quantum Break came with Alan Wake and Fallout 4 came with Fallout 3. Anything like that right now?

I've been out of the loop for awhile. Do any new games come with downloadable versions of other games? I remember Quantum Break came with Alan Wake and Fallout 4 came with Fallout 3. Anything like that right now?
Dishonored 2 with Dishonored 1.

Call of Duty Sort of

I really want to know is how easily can they see your recent transactions and how far back. If so how long does it take to update between transactions.
I too would like to know. I did the xenoverse and the sl commented wow you must have beat that really quickly. I didn't pay attention but now it got me thinking.

I have been going back and forth with this all day as I am literally in the exact same situation. I have come to the conclusion that no, it is not worth it (at least for me)
I wonder if we should factor in future resell value? I would imagine selling or trading in a Slim console would around net more.

1479941228413-1296460940.jpg 1479941264797-644437442.jpg

Apparently you can get the old DS4 value if you use the old SKU. 2 different stores, same district. I won't fight becsuse I'm already robbing them blind.
The new SKU I'm guessing is for the current model DS4 that was released a couple of months ago.

I know years ago the old POS listed the last 5 transactions on the front of the screen. Then when they updated it, the most recent 5 transactions was no longer showing front and center after they scanned your PUR account. I don't think that has changed since but I'm not sure how it is now since it's been awhile since anybody's reported that.

So should I cash out my pro points? I have 82k.
The only situation I recall somebody's points getting nuked was Hoarder's and his situation was unique in that LP got directly involved and even tried contacting him directly when they investigated his account activity. Don't recall any similar DM bans mentioning what happened to their PRO points. If you want a recommendation, when in doubt, just cash out now. You miss out on "maximizing" your points later for Cyber Monday promos but at least guarantee you can using them for the time being.

Was just flipping and the lady opening the boxes from today's shipment pulled out 2 NES classics and was like "Wow look at these!" She offered them both to me and obviously I obliged. fucking awesome bonus on top of all my flipping haul today.

Just did, trade went through without a problem. Even got my first $5 bonus card. Clearly not welcome anymore at my usual stores, even though I thought we had a good relationship. Oh well.
Burn them on a survey.

I tried asking one store, where the guy is a grade a dick, he said they are only for new customers who have not traded with them before which makes no sense at all.
Burn them on a survey.

I'm pretty sure you just haven't seen the account officially restricted in the system yet. I'm going to guess that you did a trade at that store yesterday and that is when the junior detectives went into your account more carefully. A district manager initiated ban won't happen immediately. It may take into effect later today or maybe even some time next week. it probably depends on when LP processes the request.
I guess the best fun takes a couple of days to hit?

Well went to another district and made six PUR accounts during trade ins. Did not know Madden 17 until the second store and others dropped but I made about $220 profit. If only I hadn't forgotten the $5 trade card as well and rechecked trade values......
How many fake IDs did you have on-hand?

Was just flipping and the lady opening the boxes from today's shipment pulled out 2 NES classics and was like "Wow look at these!" She offered them both to me and obviously I obliged. fucking awesome bonus on top of all my flipping haul today.
Damn I think stores were supposed to hold those for Black Friday lol.

Oh that might make sense haha. Oh well, they were super excited about me trading in so much. It's a tiny mall store and they said no one ever trades in there. They're lucky to get $500 worth of trades a day and I did over half of that.

Oh that might make sense haha. Oh well, they were super excited about me trading in so much. It's a tiny mall store and they said no one ever trades in there. They're lucky to get $500 worth of trades a day and I did over half of that.
Jealous. I'm lining up for a couple different things at GS so I'm hoping the store I go to has an NES Classic too.

Hi i am also going to trade in a 160gb ps3 slim. I have the hdmi cable, ac cable, dualshock 3 and cable. Do i also need the component cable?

Is it one or the other hdmi or component or do i need both?

Isn't that like $300-$600 per transaction. Assuming you did this three times you shouldn't have hit the $1500 limit since you used two accounts but I would be careful this month. Your damn lucky inventory in your stores were good enough to do this. I couldn't get a single copy of World of Final Fantasy which was the only game boomerangable I wanted. I could only make $20-$60 profit each store.
. No I did a bunch of just dances, pokemons, narutos, nascars....a lot of them were basically spend 40-60 for each b2g1 and net 20

Can you still use trade credit to buy Amazon gift cards? Thought I read somewhere that they were going to change that in the system to not allow it.

Man everyone is saying the free backpack is trash but I think it's pretty cool for the cost of 1 cent. Just nice to know I have a dedicated bag to move the XB1S if need be. The $60 MSRP is hilarious though.

100 at the first. Like 150 at the second. At the second they were all boomerangs,and he said how convenient, your trading all the games that just went on sale.
Pssh, what a baby. I've been trading one or two other things in my transactions though, for the most part. The exception was going to a second GS to trade in a copy of CoD I'd just gotten.

Is it worth $70 to upgrade to the new Xbox One S from the Elite console without a 4K TV? (Both are 1 TB)
Not especially, IMO. If you plan to get a 4K TV before Scorpio, maybe. Otherwise, you're basically just trading it for the smaller footprint and a fresh controller with better wireless range and Bluetooth support.

The one thing is, if you are fine keeping the credit there and going elsewhere, it's DEFINITELY worth it. You'd have the chance to spend that $70 and get a free game, plus going elsewhere means something like an extra controller (BB), a gift card (Target), or more (Dell). So, depending on the store you buy from, it's definitely a good option.

No idea, but I saw an employee bring one out from the back and sell it today too, I think. At least, I was browsing games next to the register and saw him go get it. IDK if it was actually sold.

Man everyone is saying the free backpack is trash but I think it's pretty cool for the cost of 1 cent. Just nice to know I have a dedicated bag to move the XB1S if need be. The $60 MSRP is hilarious though.
I use the drawstring bag I got free from Best Buy for Halo 5 Guardians when I need to transport a trade console to GameStop. For transporting MY Xbox One, I just put it in the original box.

I traded in Halo 5, Rare Replay, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Recore, and Titanfall 2 for a total of $105 after using the Pro day coupon for 3 of 4 store transactions. I plan to convert GS credit to Xbox credit to go digital on a few titles. Jr Detective shut me down at the 4th store, saying they couldn't accept a digital coupon or scan a phone and would only take it if I had the physical card. He also said it was one per account, but I know he lied cause I used it 3 times within an hour or two. He was such an asshole cause he gave me a physical card, dated and said it's good starting tomorrow but not now cause they were trying to avoid fraud. As a heads up to others they are trying to put a stop to it, I brought it up last minute in the trade but he refused to scan it or type in the code for me.. I argued with him about it but ended up letting it go cause it wasn't worth all the trouble. Should I leave him a negative review on the survey, cause it doesn't say anything about restrictions on the coupon and he was just making things up.

I traded in Halo 5, Rare Replay, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Recore, and Titanfall 2 for a total of $105 after using the Pro day coupon for 3 of 4 store transactions. I plan to convert GS credit to Xbox credit to go digital on a few tireles. Jr Detective shut me down at the 4th store, saying they couldn't accept a digital coupon or scan a phone and would only take it if I had the physical card. He also said it was one per account, but I know he lied cause I used it 3 times within an hour or two. He was such an asshole cause he gave me a physical card, dated and said it's good starting tomorrow but not now cause they were trying to avoid fraud.suchas a heads up to others they are trying to put a stop to it, I brought it up last minute in the trade but he refused to scan it or type in the code for me.. I argued with him about it but ended up letting it go cause it wasn't worth all the trouble. Should I leave him a negative review on the survey, cause it doesn't say anything about restrictions on the coupon and he was just making things up.
Go ahead if you want to draw attention to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back