GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in Halo 5, Rare Replay, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Recore, and Titanfall 2 for a total of $105 after using the Pro day coupon for 3 of 4 store transactions. I plan to convert GS credit to Xbox credit to go digital on a few tireles. Jr Detective shut me down at the 4th store, saying they couldn't accept a digital coupon or scan a phone and would only take it if I had the physical card. He also said it was one per account, but I know he lied cause I used it 3 times within an hour or two. He was such an asshole cause he gave me a physical card, dated and said it's good starting tomorrow but not now cause they were trying to avoid fraud.suchas a heads up to others they are trying to put a stop to it, I brought it up last minute in the trade but he refused to scan it or type in the code for me.. I argued with him about it but ended up letting it go cause it wasn't worth all the trouble. Should I leave him a negative review on the survey, cause it doesn't say anything about restrictions on the coupon and he was just making things up.
I wouldn't do it, given you were trying to game the system and he called you on it.

How many fake IDs did you have on-hand?
Just make several emails and add the number 1 to your phone number and address rinse and repeat. Also change your last name a bit so just in case they look up your account by name your not present. Did not have to show my ID. Rinse and repeat. Even if they do check ID in your state for trade ins is it a big deal if you have multiple accounts? I figure multiple accounts increases your trade limits but then again I have no idea who reviews the information.

Is this the last day for the extra 50% and you don't gotta buy anything right? Just thought I'd ask instead of running through the last 20 pages seeing if there's an answer lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am burned out.  Trading and flipping, etc. can be a lot of fun but at some point it messes with your head.  Too much is too much.  I am a teacher with the week off and I am not even going to think about deals again until .... tomorrow night.  Sigh.

I'm actually not done tonight.....trying to figure out if I want to get the Pro.  I've got the PSVR and I know the extra horsepower will be nice in the future but I don't have a 4k tv yet.  Really, I don't need a Pro for the 4k stuff anyway, right?  Ugh.  Decisions.  I will still have credit left for Christmas shopping.....but then there's the Switch.  I need some turkey.  I'm losing it.

goddamn, walked a little over 25,000 steps among 3 gamestops. Got b2g1 for Titanfall 2, World od FF, and BF1 for 98.98, and 3 psv for $320. Traded the 3 games in for $120, and 2 of those 3 vita for $225, also traded my 4-year-old vita in for $112.5, kept the one that not only looks new, but a 3G model with OFW lower than 3.60. and with the xenoverse trademania yesterday, I'm a very happy man right now and trying to hack my new vita. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

I am burned out. Trading and flipping, etc. can be a lot of fun but at some point it messes with your head. Too much is too much. I am a teacher with the week off and I am not even going to think about deals again until .... tomorrow night. Sigh.

I'm actually not done tonight.....trying to figure out if I want to get the Pro. I've got the PSVR and I know the extra horsepower will be nice in the future but I don't have a 4k tv yet. Really, I don't need a Pro for the 4k stuff anyway, right? Ugh. Decisions. I will still have credit left for Christmas shopping.....but then there's the Switch. I need some turkey. I'm losing it.
#powerstotheteacher

Did all of the pomemons and just dances hold their tiv value? Going out now but site keeps dying on me. I think the boomerang spreadsheet from today is still accurate right?

Man I really wish I would have hoarded all those $10-$20 gamecubes and n64s I saw all the time.

Anyways, traded my Gamecube, N64, & extra N64 controller for $105.50, good stuff.

Really was a good week. Started the week off with 2 phat xb1s (SO console and Forza console) and 1 original Destiny white PS4.

Now still have Forza but also a new Dookie Green XB1 1TB slim and a PS4 Pro. After trading in my old consoles and 4 Xenoverse boomerangs and the Battlefield 1 from the bundle, spent only $255 gs credit to upgrade yesterday. Now with the retro trades, I already almost got half that back.

Got so much credit this week, finished up trading most of my retro consoles. One store didn't want to take a mint condition GameCube( had like 2 small scratches) and one store that took a totally shot SP with scratches, engravings, and a broken backlight. Also traded a 64 without a jumper pack. Got 19 total uses out of the coupon, was only rejected at one and one wanted the physical coupon. Moved some credit to BB too with Dragonball Z.

Just traded my copy of Gears of War 4 towards Infinite Warfare with their $1 promotion and to my surprise the $5 bonus coupon stacked which resulted in them paying me $3 to make the trade :D

Receipt shows Gears of War 4 trade value of $46

They can completely ban the account permanently if they want to. This is why you should have your credit on a trade card instead of your PUR card. They can wipe the PUR card but not the trade card.

This information is inaccurate.
They can and will wipe a trade card . The term used is "voided"

If only I had more free time.  I hit several stores on my way home from work and ended up with slightly over $200 in boomeranged profit over the past two days.  I also have 10+ of the Genesect Pokemon codes so keep an eye out on the Freebie section for a giveaway in the near future. 

So I traded in a day one ps4, a 160gb ps3 slim and a bunch of junk. Got $416 in credit. Ended up getting the uncharted with destiny bundle with the left over on a gift card. This was probably the only time I've ever left gamestop feeling like I got a good deal

Anyone know what time the website launches the full black friday sales? I'm thinking about trying to scoop up a 99 dollary doo 3ds.

Finally got out to trade after work, between boomerangs and some of my own DS4's I ended up trading around $600 worth.  Probably $100 or so in boomerangs plus I got the World of Final Fantasy art book for keeps.  Not bad for only two stores...

Copied from the GS BF thread:

Can Pro coupons be used online? I'd be interested in combining the BF sale & B2G1 with my $20 off coupon to get a Kinect super cheap. But not quite interested enough to actually go to GS on Friday.

This information is inaccurate.
They can and will wipe a trade card . The term used is "voided"
That's why you don't keep it on your PUR card. I doubt they would wipe a trade card that is not your PUR card.

I ended up with about $150 profit today. Thanks whoever mentioned Driveclub VR at Meijer. They had correction signs up, so I grabbed an ad and PMed it at BB.

Ran through that issue right now. Was going to redeem a $10 coupon to use with my purchase of Dishonored 2 LE since online and instore aren't the same

well went with the intention of only trading my my xbone controllers but the first store had a few pokemons so decided to keep going. 

Started with a busted xbone controller and a newer white one with bluetooth and ended up with $150 store credit after only stopping at 4 stores. Kinda wish I would've traded in my ps4, I basically would've been right there for upgrading to the pro.  But meh will prob just put my destiny ps4 on ebay and once that sells grab the pro once a decent deal comes around. 

and dude mentioned someone traded in over $800 worth of stuff all pokemon. Gottta be a CAG right? :p

I took a stack of boomerang'd DS games to one store and the guy hastily went through the stack and forgot to enter two of the games. Both times I just pleasantly said "Oh, I think you forgot to put in X game." Dude then didn't talk to me the whole rest of the transaction until he shadily asked "So what are you saving for?" and didn't respond when I said "Thanks, have a good one!" Like, how are you gonna be a dick to me when I'm pleasant despite you trying to shortchange me? Lol, some people man

Thanks to the person/people who posted about the +$5 code from pro day.  I took the pic of the image, cleaned it up a bit, printed/cut it out..  and almost every gs employee just looked at it, scanned it with the $5 applying on top of the +50% values.

Made me laugh when one store in my area was trying to do this:  "Hey if you preorder anything you get an extra $5 on your trade.." with a stack of the white cards by the register.  Kinda shady, but they were new employees trying to hit numbers I guess.  Some of the same employees made a few mistakes in my favor.. so maybe I'm shady too for giving them good surveys and hoping they last a while, ha.

How many times did you guys use the extra 5$ coupon? I almost felt bad having them split up trades into multiple transactions. I did let people behind me in line go first if it was only one employee on register.

Are they accepting Gamecube games cause I don't see any values on the website...they all read N/A.
It is strange when I do my queries it seems like every other day half of the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance games say NA and then a few days later they have a TIIV but then the other half say NA. I just think it is there website glitching as the app always has a TIV for all of them AFAIK.

How many times did you guys use the extra 5$ coupon? I almost felt bad having them split up trades into multiple transactions. I did let people behind me in line go first if it was only one employee on register.
I used it 3 times. Once was without me even asking, the associate just grabbed one and scanned it. Other two were with the pic.

Once yesterday and twice today. 2 different GS today. Last I mentioned i had a code but couldn't find it. The girl behind the counter said we have plenty and the guy who ran the register signed and scanned one for me.

WOW nice that employee is kickass for letting you reuse it like that. I don't think many would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back