GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
My store opened like 10 minutes early and I was first in line, so I got a black N3DS there. Raced over to the other store closest to me and snagged the last one there too :D/

Also strangely saw a ton of people lined up to buy the PS4 Uncharted system bundle and NBA 2k17. Like... you're really gonna line up at 5am to get things that are basically guaranteed to not sell out? AND things that are cheaper at multiple other stores? Oh well. They're the ones who allow us to take advantage of all the good deals O:)

Now pleeease let there be some good GS->BB movers this weekend :pray:
Not everyone is out tonight for doorbusters and limited-stock shit. Many just want to get all their stuff done at once, or want a specific thing that's hard to get, and figure they'll buy the rest while out there as well.

My store opened like 10 minutes early and I was first in line, so I got a black N3DS there. Raced over to the other store closest to me and snagged the last one there too :D/

Also strangely saw a ton of people lined up to buy the PS4 Uncharted system bundle and NBA 2k17. Like... you're really gonna line up at 5am to get things that are basically guaranteed to not sell out? AND things that are cheaper at multiple other stores? Oh well. They're the ones who allow us to take advantage of all the good deals O:)

Now pleeease let there be some good GS->BB movers this weekend :pray:
let me guess. grabbed one for a "friend"

Anyone else going out to GameStop this morning? I'm gonna have to :/
I was the second guy in the store this morning at 5. Drove through fog to get there. It looked like London. I picked up Dragon Quest Heroes and Ratchet & Clank for $10 each and the associate thought I asked for Dragon Quest Builders. Then he couldn't figure out why it wasn't ringing for the right price. I waited to see if he would notice his mistake or do an override. No such luck. But I was satisfied with my purchase. I also asked for the free Yo-Kai Watch something something something they gave out to the first 100 shoppers. I don't even know what it is or what it does, but I got up at the crack of dawn so I said what the hell, put it in the bag!

I remember declining the make a wish donation on Tuesday and Wednesday for every transaction but looking at the messages in the GS app, it says 3x the points for a donation. I'm wondering if that tripled your point total for the transaction for a small donation or if it's just for the donation amount

I remember declining the make a wish donation on Tuesday and Wednesday for every transaction but looking at the messages in the GS app, it says 3x the points for a donation. I'm wondering if that tripled your point total for the transaction for a small donation or if it's just for the donation amount
Just the donation amount.

Yes I can confirm this. I used a 25 and 15 coupon on Xbox One S. The girl asked if I had any more but she was new so I didn't bother to take advantage and use another $25 coupon since I have a soul.
Pretty sure the system would reject it and it has nothing to do with the employee.

Well, that nightmare is finally...well, kind of over. Called GameStop at 8 AM, said wait time was under 10 minutes, was on hold for about 15. The person on the phone took forever to check the card over, and after about 10 minutes on the phone, said he can't do anything about it, and I have to go to the store to get it resolved. I had no interest in being a pain in the ass to those people in the middle of Black Friday, so I figured I would call and just give them a heads up about it.

Got on the phone, asked for the manager I dealt with a few times during the trade deal, and who was there when I did the trade I didn't get my credit for, telling the guy how to format my console for the trade. He looked up the card and saw it had money put on it, then told me corporate was just "giving me the run around" by sending me to him because he can't do anything. I told him what they told me, that he doesn't take care of it, but he has to initiate the process of fixing it, I assume because they want the verification from one of their people that the problem is legitimate.

I told him that, and he's like "well, the thing is, even if you came in, there's nothing I can do." On their site, it says that if a GC is lost, then a "store associate will contact our Document Control Department with that information so the amount can be transferred to a new card." Now, mine wasn't lost, but I assume the same logic applies, that the employee must contact them because they can't trust the shady people who will just call, lie, and try to get free money. Makes sense.

Well, I did get a bit lucky. As I was on the phone with them, my mom walked into the store. I had given her that trade card to try to purchase a couple of things from them while she was out, explaining to her that it had $0 on it, but that I'm going to try to resolve it this morning. She was able to give them the card and get the amount put on, thankfully.

Waiting on her to call back and tell me if she was able to pick my stuff up, but at least I got my money back.

Pretty sure the system would reject it and it has nothing to do with the employee.
Possibly. But I know the system doesn't reject the "3 coupons a day" limit. I've used around 10 in a day one time. At different stores though.

Is anyone able to log into their PUR account? I am trying to log in to print some coupons, but it says access denied.

Is anyone able to log into their PUR account? I am trying to log in to print some coupons, but it says access denied.
Same issue here. I'm trying to access my PUR points but it just keeps kicking me out. I was worried I was banned for a minute there, but it just might be because it's Black Friday.

I think GS.com is getting hammered, I'm trying to place an online order and having the same issue.

Same issue here. I'm trying to access my PUR points but it just keeps kicking me out. I was worried I was banned for a minute there, but it just might be because it's Black Friday.
Thanks for the replies. I thought that I was banned also. A gift that I used on Thursday morning on a order that I cancelled, is saying that I have a $0 balance. They did not refund me my money even though they cancelled the order already.

I was second in line. They hurried us in right up to the registers. I was so excited to get 1 of the 2 NES minis, I completely to buy Dragon Quest Heroes and Last of Us.

Quick question, can you use a $15 off one select pre owned game if you are doing the buy 2 get 1 free on used? Or will it not allow it since it is a "sale"?

Gamestop App gave me a bit of loading / login issues, but after several tries I was able to get my rewards and coupons to load up. The store was fairly busy at ~11am but they still had a good supply of games :)

Forgive for asking, but is the automatic 20% extra credit active today? I don't see it mentioned anywhere only the 20% towards preorders.

Also will it work for systems?

The Kinect is ringing up as $19.99 without coupon, but does not stack with B2G1. The coupon doesn't make it free. I don't know about refurbished - I bought preowned. Maybe they did that because people will have issues downloading coupons today?

Edit: I bought a refurbished one. Someone try the coupon with preowned Kinect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back