GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to buy Dying Light The Following at Gamestop. A Gamestop near me says they have it. Went there and asked about it. Says they dont "have" it. ><
The one near me in the mall only had one copy left for XBox One and none for PS4. I usually go to the one right before the mall but the line was almost out the door.

I got a 'new' one. Does anyone know if the XBox One version has codes for dlc or if everything is on or unlocked with the disc? I had him reseal it without thinking to look and see if he put any DLC papers in the case or not. Figure I can just return it tomorrow if there should be codes and there aren't.

Also asked if they have any refurbished XBox one Kinects he didn't' think so. Not convinced that even for $20 I would get much value out of it so I didn't press the issue.

Earlier today both GS near me showed stock for both consoles.

This is probably, not repeatable. I bought a  $299.99 uncharted PS4 bundle on Wednesday and got destiny for free. I was in gamestop earlier and noticed that the PS4 bundles were $249.99 today, so I casually asked about an adjustment. The clerk said she had to ask the store manager and went to the back. I didn't think there was a chance she was going to come back and say yes. She did! Not only did they match, but when she was re-ringing up the PS4 she said I could pick between Ratchet or Last of us as a bonus game. I ended up with an uncharted bundle, destiny and ratchet and clank for $249.99. Best deal I've ever got at gamestop

This is probably, not repeatable. I bought a $299.99 uncharted PS4 bundle on Wednesday and got destiny for free. I was in gamestop earlier and noticed that the PS4 bundles were $249.99 today, so I casually asked about an adjustment. The clerk said she had to ask the store manager and went to the back. I didn't think there was a chance she was going to come back and say yes. She did! Not only did they match, but when she was re-ringing up the PS4 she said I could pick between Ratchet or Last of us as a bonus game. I ended up with an uncharted bundle, destiny and ratchet and clank for $249.99. Best deal I've ever got at gamestop
It's cause you winked at her! Actually that was today's deal. Glad they hooked you up.

Worst case if you are able to get the Kinect free, its may be worth trading back (at another store) with the extra $5 coupon.

would be $12.80 in trade credit with Pur and the $5 coupon with the current 20% bonus.

I think the $5 coupon expires after tomorrow.

It's cause you winked at her! Actually that was today's deal. Glad they hooked you up.
yea I can see getting the price adjustment but he shouldn't of gotten the other free games on top of already getting destiny. That's the big bonus.

Gs does seem to be good about price matching themselves on systems (from stories here) but never really hear about it with games like people calling in to get price adjustments at BB.

It said associate team lead on his name tag, or something like that. I did buy a xbox one and a couple of ps4s with it, so I'm pretty sure he didn't mind the override.
Don't just throw that out there, that you bought a couple of PS4s. I just want to play Street Fighter! And now there's a prolific NeoGAF rumor that Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is going to be unveiled at PSX. If true, I wouldn't be surprised if it was also PS exclusive. I should've traded in my Xbox One for $195 when the 50% promo was active, but decided by a hair not to. I guess I have the FF15 preorder for $30 going for me, so hopefully it's good.

Don't just throw that out there, that you bought a couple of PS4s. I just want to play Street Fighter! And now there's a prolific NeoGAF rumor that Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is going to be unveiled at PSX. If true, I wouldn't be surprised if it was also PS exclusive. I should've traded in my Xbox One for $195 when the 50% promo was active, but decided by a hair not to. I guess I have the FF15 preorder for $30 going for me, so hopefully it's good.
MvC 4? really? Wow ...

yea I can see getting the price adjustment but he shouldn't of gotten the other free games on top of already getting destiny. That's the big bonus.

Gs does seem to be good about price matching themselves on systems (from stories here) but never really hear about it with games like people calling in to get price adjustments at BB.
Yeah, that is what I was getting at. The destiny collection is a pretty decent freebie. with a PS4 at $249.99 with uncharted and ratchet

MvC 4? really? Wow ...
I hope it's true, but you have to take every rumor with a grain of salt. I should mention, though, that in a recent Famistu interview, Yoshinori Ono, the producer for Street Fighter, denied that Akuma was coming to SF5 despite releasing a teaser with the character's uniform and voice. So either Akuma really is being added to SFV despite Ono's denial or he'll be a character for Mahvel 4.

I hope it's true, but you have to take every rumor with a grain of salt. I should mention, though, that in a recent Famistu interview, Yoshinori Ono, the producer for Street Fighter, denied that Akuma was coming to SF5 despite releasing a teaser with the character's uniform and voice. So either Akuma really is being added to SFV despite Ono's denial or he'll be a character for Mahvel 4.
Actually what I think Ono meant by that is that it isn't Akuma from the canon, but like a different reality Akuma. People have been saying Shin Akuma too but I always thought that meant Oni. I mean Ono loves to troll so it might even be Akuma fused with Blanka.

The MVC4 rumor makes a tiny bit of sense, since I think recently Disney dissolved their game studios or something, at least for Disney Infinity, something like that. Securing the license after that shouldn't be too hard I guess.

It was ringing up as $20 without the coupon. In the Black Friday ad, it's listed as $40 and you should be able to get it for $20 with PUR coupon if they raise the price. YMMV on whether you'll get it free for using the coupon while it still rings up as $20.

Already asked in the gamestop black friday thread, but what is the purchase limit (if any) on gamestop.com?

Was planning on getting:

3 x Xbox One Controllers

3 x Dualshock 4 Controllers

Pokemon X

Pokemon Y

Pokemon Sapphire (3DS)

Pokemon Ruby (3DS)

Also is it true that you're pretty much screwed if gamestop.com cancels your online order and you used a gift card? Have read some horror stories about how they're horrible about refunding back to a gift card.

I didn't get it for free.  The coupon scanned and it's no longer showing up but didn't take $20 off.  But I'm happy to have let everyone know it was $20 and glad to see people did get it for free.

Already asked in the gamestop black friday thread, but what is the purchase limit (if any) on gamestop.com?

Was planning on getting:

3 x Xbox One Controllers

3 x Dualshock 4 Controllers

Pokemon X

Pokemon Y

Pokemon Sapphire (3DS)

Pokemon Ruby (3DS)

Also is it true that you're pretty much screwed if gamestop.com cancels your online order and you used a gift card? Have read some horror stories about how they're horrible about refunding back to a gift card.
Purchase limit is 2. You can circumvent it by opening another account(you can use the same pur number) at your own risk. And yes, gamestop.com are thieves when it comes to refunding a gift cards when an order is cancelled. One time I used the same gift card on back to back orders and since I used it so close to each other there wasnt enough to cover the whole amount. So I owed about a dollar on the order and they could not(would not?) ad my bank card to cover the rest and I lost my $40. That order is still open in my account from about 3 years ago.

I hate gamestop.

Purchase limit is 2. You can circumvent it by opening another account(you can use the same pur number) at your own risk. And yes, gamestop.com are thieves when it comes to refunding a gift cards when an order is cancelled. One time I used the same gift card on back to back orders and since I used it so close to each other there wasnt enough to cover the whole amount. So I owed about a dollar on the order and they could not(would not?) ad my bank card to cover the rest and I lost my $40. That order is still open in my account from about 3 years ago.

I hate gamestop.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm really quite wary about using gift cards at any online retailer, as you don't really have a foot to stand on. Not like a credit card where you can dispute the charge, and likely get the money back. Sorry that had to happen to you, and I know I would be furious and be calling them until they refunded me.

Anyways looks like I'll just go to one of their 6-7 locations in the valley here and just whittle down my gift card balance in preparation for January's B2G1. Shouldn't be too difficult finding the controllers.

I hate gamestop.
Have you tried contacting the FTC? They're here to protect the consumers, they actually do help out.

r00kie, on 25 Nov 2016 - 9:51 PM, said:

I hate gamestop.

There are only purchase limits for some items. I bought 3 Lunar White preowned controllers (among other things) as soon as the B2G1 went up with the new reduced prices for example and the order went through. All 3 contollers have shipped as well. Some items they'll let you order 10 of. Some items they'll limit you to one or two, others they'll limit to whatever stock they have. It's random.

I didn't get it for free. The coupon scanned and it's no longer showing up but didn't take $20 off. But I'm happy to have let everyone know it was $20 and glad to see people did get it for free.
Add me to the list of people who were able to get an override to get the Kinect for free. I think it helped that they could see the coupon apply on their screen but just not take anything off. Made the manager more likely to just zero it out. Thanks again for the head's up on the $20 price ringing up.

Well Sunday is the big day whether or not the $5 coupon from PUR day will still work or not. Well good luck to whoever tries it.

Well here is another post from Chris Chan IATCG or w/e you call him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/5ckm1h/mod_post_the_toxicity_must_stop/

The_Tattler 4 points

It is ironic that this new subreddit policy came into place after someone possibly linked several threads and comments in this sub and fired off an e-mail to corporate explaining how it's hurting the company's image. And that someone was probably the same guy that put an end to other loopholes like penny guides and gift cards with store credit.
It's tough being the good guy.

Looking at going digital. Can you trade in games for in store credit value and then use that credit to buy psn store cards/credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back