GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Sunday is the big day whether or not the $5 coupon from PUR day will still work or not. Well good luck to whoever tries it.

Well here is another post from Chris Chan IATCG or w/e you call him.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/5ckm1h/mod_post_the_toxicity_must_stop/
The_Tattler 4 points

It is ironic that this new subreddit policy came into place after someone possibly linked several threads and comments in this sub and fired off an e-mail to corporate explaining how it's hurting the company's image. And that someone was probably the same guy that put an end to other loopholes like penny guides and gift cards with store credit.
It's tough being the good guy.
I try not to use the word hate. I really dislike IATCG.

Ordered a digital code from gamestop.com yesterday at 6am, still havent received it nor a response via their email. Dont think I'm ever buying a digital code from their website ever again. This is crazy

No luck getting a free Kinect.  Guy pretty much said that since the price was under the coupon value, the coupon obviously can't be used.  I still picked it up anyways, since I wanted to get one for the XB1 in the spare bedroom.

No luck getting a free Kinect. Guy pretty much said that since the price was under the coupon value, the coupon obviously can't be used. I still picked it up anyways, since I wanted to get one for the XB1 in the spare bedroom.
Same. When I first went to store it was rining up $19.99 I was like wow the coupon worked. The girl was like no it's the sale price today. Coupon didn't work but I felt that $20 less PUR was the right price point for me.

Because they were originally designed to use the kinect on PC.  

Interesting sidenote:  If you have a powerful enough PC, you can use the XB1 Kinect for 3d scanning.

I had my old Xbox registered and thankfully the used Kinect I got for free yesterday was not registered to anyone. My free adapter should be coming in, in the coming weeks.

Called a local store and they said kinect is $40 now. Any chance it might still scan for $20?

I had my old Xbox registered and thankfully the used Kinect I got for free yesterday was not registered to anyone. My free adapter should be coming in, in the coming weeks.
For me, it took almost a full month for it to arrive. Just got it a few days ago.

I'm tempted to hook up the Kinect to my PC sometime to mess around with that. It's nice to be able to do that now.

Doesn't look like the PUR coupon stacks with the buy 2 get 1 preowned. Got the 320GB hard drive for Xbox 360 along with a couple other preowned items. The register shows the lesser value zeroed out, but once the coupon was scanned, it negate the free item. I questioned it and the guy just over ride one item.

Two-fold question guys: Does the Deus Ex coupons stack on the sale price (thus making it (9.99)? Also is the coupons automatically loaded onto your Power Up Rewards Pro account? I do not see it in my active offers.

Quick question, I did the buy 2 get 1 free the other day but ended up not caring for one of the games. If i want to return it for cash, how does that work? Will i get 1/3 of my cash back? Do i need to return the free game as well? Never returned a game during a promo like this so not sure how it works.

Quick question, I did the buy 2 get 1 free the other day but ended up not caring for one of the games. If i want to return it for cash, how does that work? Will i get 1/3 of my cash back? Do i need to return the free game as well? Never returned a game during a promo like this so not sure how it works.
if you return one the other two go back to regular price so that is a loss. You could swap out the game you don't want for a Nother game though. That might be your best bet.

Two-fold question guys: Does the Deus Ex coupons stack on the sale price (thus making it (9.99)? Also is the coupons automatically loaded onto your Power Up Rewards Pro account? I do not see it in my active offers.
Nevermind I just noticed the coupon expired on 11-22 for Deus Ex.

Still 19.99 as of around 11am today.

It rings up with a $20 promo which is why the coupon isn't automatically stacking.
yea I went to two gamestops to get a free kinect. First one wouldnt overide the coupon. Second location realized that the coupon was automatically applying on the black friday price.

Are these $5 more trade-in cards stackable? Manager screwed up last week with something for me (first time in a GS in like a year) and gave me two. Got another yesterday. Have a game worth $5, so i'd trade for $20...

Thanks for the info, everyone. Was able to pick up my free Kinect today, along with a few other things I wanted to grab. My active offers aren't showing on my app for some reason, but the CSR was able to pull up my info on a tablet, tried to apply the coupon, then did the override with no goading from me. Nice score, for free.

yea I went to two gamestops to get a free kinect. First one wouldnt overide the coupon. Second location realized that the coupon was automatically applying on the black friday price.
Went to one so far, got the same "this coupon is obviously automatically applying because you're a PUR member" nonsense.

When I asked if there was a way to prove that, maybe ring it up without the PUR membership and see what happens, I was basically told "No, fuck off".

Ended up buying it just in case I also get a denial over at my local one (I can always return it if I get lucky, right?).

I'm friendly with the staff over there and went to school with one of the managers, so I'll probably just drop any pretense and ask if he can help me out like he has in the past.

Fingers crossed.

Are these $5 more trade-in cards stackable? Manager screwed up last week with something for me (first time in a GS in like a year) and gave me two. Got another yesterday. Have a game worth $5, so i'd trade for $20...
Considering that the codes are not unique why would they stack?

Gamestop is currently offering $30 guaranteed for several games. does the pur bonus apply to a game traded in like this? wondering if I should hold on to Pokemon Sun until another 50% bonus or just dump it now. thank you

Gamestop is currently offering $30 guaranteed for several games. does the pur bonus apply to a game traded in like this? wondering if I should hold on to Pokemon Sun until another 50% bonus or just dump it now. thank you
It's $32 after PUR and that's probably the best you'll ever get. That's what Pokémon games were trading for with the 50% bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back