GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my card from the email. It zerod out a trade card I had on hand so I assume, other than reminding me of one I may have forgotten, I didn't get any free trade credit.

Bwhahah I get the email with the new card link and when I click it it says

There is an issue with your Trade Credit. Please contact customer service at [email protected] so we can resolve this quickly.

Seriously, fuck this company to death. Only $13 and now I have to chase it down? Thanks for wasting my time GameStop, you guys are awesome.
Same, says that for me.

At least they didn't screw up anything on my PUR card, still shows my correct total that I had before submitting.

I didn't get any free credit either. Email said 40 something, which was right about couple days ago. Bought some things today though so I only ended up getting 32. They just zeroed out my trade credit I would use between 2 accounts. Which sucks now cause they tie the virtual trade credit to one account.

Same, says that for me.

At least they didn't screw up anything on my PUR card, still shows my correct total that I had before submitting.
The problem is I don't have any credit left that I know of so this "promotion" or whatever actually applied to me. I feel like I'm the target demographic and it still fucked up. In the end though this was still just to benefit GameStop because every dollar of trade credit not spent at the end of the year goes towards their liabilities. Plus it gets people in the store.

Trying not to sound entitled, it's just frustrating to be offered something and then have to jump through hoops to get the stupid thing they offered you.

Looks like there will be no good boomerangs with the B2G1, other than having to preorder something and cancel later or having to put it towards a game and return it later. Bummer

Looks like there will be no good boomerangs with the B2G1, other than having to preorder something and cancel later or having to put it towards a game and return it later. Bummer
yea it's looking slim but have $35 in preowned certs so might be able to make something work with pokemon 3ds games.

The problem is I don't have any credit left that I know of so this "promotion" or whatever actually applied to me. I feel like I'm the target demographic and it still fucked up. In the end though this was still just to benefit GameStop because every dollar of trade credit not spent at the end of the year goes towards their liabilities. Plus it gets people in the store.

Trying not to sound entitled, it's just frustrating to be offered something and then have to jump through hoops to get the stupid thing they offered you.
It's not a promotion, it's literally just telling you how much credit you have left on cards that were used to buy something on that account. I clicked the link and it showed me three separate totals that are to the penny what I have on those cards. It didn't mention my fourth card though, but there's only ~$13 on it so who cares. :)

My total from all GCs and one preorder ends up matching what they were willing to resend me. Rather not deal with it as it could end up wiping my original trade cards and having to contact them to reissue it. Unless someone else manages to ask them to reissue, then spend the trade card, and have the duplicate still work. 

Thought a trade card was safer than having trade credit on your PUR account, but seems they can check it regardless.

Got the email said I had 30 bucks. Checked my cards incognito and had 14. Clicked the lost card button and am now getting a digital card within the next four hours. 

Now to wait for the email. 

I just noticed that pokemon sun and moon are trading in for 30 atm because of the promo. Should be 32 with pro card Might be a way to cash out the cybermonday reward if you can them and don;t need to wait till new year.
Did you actually do this? The weekly ad on the website says that you only get the $30 credit if a new version of the traded game is worth $49.99, and Pokemon Sun & Moon only sell for $39.99.

Did you actually do this? The weekly ad on the website says that you only get the $30 credit if a new version of the traded game is worth $49.99, and Pokemon Sun & Moon only sell for $39.99.
They are on the list of $30 Guaranteed games at www.gamestop.com/trade. Here is the whole list:

DEAD RISING 4, THE LAST GUARDIAN, FINAL FANTASY XV,
POKEMON SUN OR MOON, WATCH DOGS 2, OR DISHONORED 2

They are on the list of $30 Guaranteed games at www.gamestop.com/trade. Here is the whole list:

DEAD RISING 4, THE LAST GUARDIAN, FINAL FANTASY XV,
POKEMON SUN OR MOON, WATCH DOGS 2, OR DISHONORED 2
As another note the values don't kick in unless you preorder something which you have to put $5 or more down if I remember correctly. $5 coupon still works.

As another note the values don't kick in unless you preorder something which you have to put $5 or more down if I remember correctly. $5 coupon still works.
I don't think thats how it works from the last time I remember. Just a trade in under that promotion and you get the $30 even. I know for a fact under the 20% bonus towards promos it only counts towards new and it has to be purchased right there from my experience

I don't think thats how it works from the last time I remember. Just a trade in under that promotion and you get the $30 even. I know for a fact under the 20% bonus towards promos it only counts towards new and it has to be purchased right there from my experience
Here is the legalese, farther down on that same page:

gamestop.com said:
LEGAL - $30 GUARANTEED CREDIT FOR SELECT GAMES

Offer valid for game and accessory trades only toward pre-orders. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 11/26/16.
Now that being said, their POS may not care about you pre-ordering a game and could just give you the promo value straight up.

Now that being said, their POS may not care about you pre-ordering a game and could just give you the promo value straight up.
It does but it is fairly easily pointing to the ad and getting them to adjust the values since it doesn't say much to that effect in the ad. You will lose some credit as a result though this may have changed from 3-4 days ago.

Yeah, in the ad it specifically says "$30 towards pre order or purchase". I'm hoping to trade in the Pokemon Sun I got for $35 worth of certs, for 3X ~$15 games.

It's not a promotion, it's literally just telling you how much credit you have left on cards that were used to buy something on that account. I clicked the link and it showed me three separate totals that are to the penny what I have on those cards. It didn't mention my fourth card though, but there's only ~$13 on it so who cares. :)
Promotion was a bad word. How about marketing project?

I have 100 and change. Same amount that was on my card the other day but I used. Wonder how long before they figure it out
The amount that they mention is probably from a few days ago, but if you click the link and go to the website to send you an e-trade card that would probably show the right amount.

yea normally it only works on pre orders like the fine print says ( I traded in moon towards some boomerangs during the last b2g1 and didn't get 30) but does say on pre order or purchase in the ad, I'm a guess the fine print just wasn't updated/adjusted.

I'm should be able to get my hands on a copy dishonored 2 for each system and a copy of moon tomorrow (no suns around) and hoping to get 30 each.

Called about my Pokemon Moon and sun that I put on hold this morning at my GameStop (preowned). I was calling to tell them I would like to come tomorrow for pickup, the guy was super cool about it, he put me on hold to find my order and he couldn't find it. He apologized and offered to sell me both copies new at preowned price. Needless to say I'm excited to go in tomorrow

To my knowledge I only had like 320-360 in trade credit. Email told me I had $406. It's probably outdated although it's been over a week since I've done any transactions. If all else fails I'll just buy a physcial gift card again :p

if you can find a bunch of those light up PS3 Hitachi Magic move controllers, I just found out they trade in for $15 non-PUR credit each

Called about my Pokemon Moon and sun that I put on hold this morning at my GameStop (preowned). I was calling to tell them I would like to come tomorrow for pickup, the guy was super cool about it, he put me on hold to find my order and he couldn't find it. He apologized and offered to sell me both copies new at preowned price. Needless to say I'm excited to go in tomorrow
Quality customer service from a GS employee, I call bullshit :)

ok so the only thing going on tomrorow for pro member are buy 2 get 1 free?  I feel like i got "mislead" by one of the gamestop.  I was asking about the pro day  and he say it is only for last gen title; his answer made me to made a decision to use one of my cyber monday coupon on a item know i can;t use buy 2 get 1 free on it.  Now that I use it it would take an override for the buy 2 get 1 free to work.

Wow, just tried to trade in my old Samsung S5 because of the bonus. Such a nightmare. Guy couldn't find the serial. Said he couldn't accept it after 10-15 minutes of dicking around with it. This is a phone that is in perfect condition and was bought directly from the carrier. Big waste of time. Probably not going to try and trade anything mobile in again.
A few years ago they had a promo for cell phones. I had an S3 (was maybe 3 years old tops). Not much value but I wasn't using it. Tried to trade it and they said they only take iPhones. Went to BB and got $10 more and was in and out in 10 mins. Didn't even want the charger.

ok so the only thing going on tomrorow for pro member are buy 2 get 1 free? I feel like i got "mislead" by one of the gamestop. I was asking about the pro day and he say it is only for last gen title; his answer made me to made a decision to use one of my cyber monday coupon on a item know i can;t use buy 2 get 1 free on it. Now that I use it it would take an override for the buy 2 get 1 free to work.
Chances are he was confusing the Pro Day B2G1 (any game) with next week's B2G1 (last gen games only).

Is b2g1 for games and accessories only ? My email says all pre-owned items. I tried 3 pre-owned :ps4: games but I didnt get the b2g1 promo at checkout. Any idea when this will go live online ?

Got sent an mail tonight saying I have $1,530.77 on my PUR card... & $5 preorder credit at a store I rarely go to. Actually have $0 on my PUR card.
Hitting the link it says:
We have found these unused cards on your account:
    Trade Credit - $544.15
    Trade Credit - $843.34
    Trade Credit - $138.28
That's really weird lol. They can't issue it all on 1 card anyways..I thought the max was $999.99/card or something.. Wish we can select just 1 card to be reissued... The card with $138.28 has a messed up magnetic strip so I just need that 1 replaced. Thought it was safe to use Trade card instead of PUR card. Was hoping I could move my preorder credit to a Trade card but guess not lol. I can convert that preorder credit to be moved to whatever I'm buying the next time I go to that store right?

Can instore employees check our accts to see how much trade credit is associated w/our acct? Or is this just totally from corporate? I def don't want the store that's listed in the email to know I have that much trade credit associated w/my acct....lol

Got sent an mail tonight saying I have $1,530.77 on my PUR card... & $5 preorder credit at a store I rarely go to. Actually have $0 on my PUR card.
Hitting the link it says:
We have found these unused cards on your account:
Trade Credit - $544.15
Trade Credit - $843.34
Trade Credit - $138.28
That's really weird lol. They can't issue it all on 1 card anyways..I thought the max was $999.99/card or something.. Wish we can select just 1 card to be reissued... The card with $138.28 has a messed up magnetic strip so I just need that 1 replaced. Thought it was safe to use Trade card instead of PUR card. Was hoping I could move my preorder credit to a Trade card but guess not lol. I can convert that preorder credit to be moved to whatever I'm buying the next time I go to that store right?
Yeah just go to that store where the preorder is active and you can move it over. I'm gonna do that with my Persona 5 SE preorder since the game is delayed and the SE hasn't sold out anywhere as of now

Quality customer service from a GS employee, I call bullshit :)
Can confirm, same thing happened to me. Went in and they couldn't find the pre-owned copy so they sold me a new copy at pre-owned price. Told the guys that I was planning on using $20 in pre-owned certificates. He ended up selling me a brand new copy for $15.15
[attachment=24722:20161210_001617.jpg]

Can confirm, same thing happened to me. Went in and they couldn't find the pre-owned copy so they sold me a new copy at pre-owned price. Told the guys that I was planning on using $20 in pre-owned certificates. He ended up selling me a brand new copy for $15.15
attachicon.gif
20161210_001617.jpg
thats nice.

B2G1 coupon is in active offers and does not work online. It also expires today.

Well my spreadsheet stopped me from making a bad choice of buying 3 IW to move credit. I already used them.

B2G1 on last gen is next week, right? 

If so I don't think I have much use for this go around. Got FFXV for free with tc and certs. TLG I heard is trash and DR4 has no copies near me for the life of me. Same for the Mons 

In a case like this, would buying 6 game get 2 free work or will it only work for buy 2 get 1 free?
Given the terms of the coupon I would say no.

Seems like there will be some boomerangs at least not really worth the effort since you have to return the game or get a gift receipt and then ask someone else.

Dualshock 4

Pokemon

Mario Maker

Ya the profit levels on these are terrible. I suppose if your able to get almost all of them it could be worth it.

Seems like there will be some flips at least not really worth the effort since you have to return the game or get a gift receipt and then ask someone else.
What do you mean? I was thinking more in line of transfering credit from gamestop to best buy

Seems like there will be some boomerangs at least not really worth the effort since you have to return the game or get a gift receipt and then ask someone else.

Dualshock 4
Pokemon
Mario Maker
Ya the profit levels on these are terrible. I suppose if your able to get almost all of them it could be worth it.
I'm playing the long game.

B2G1 on last gen is next week, right?
If so I don't think I have much use for this go around. Got FFXV for free with tc and certs. TLG I heard is trash and DR4 has no copies near me for the life of me. Same for the Mons
Jesus Christ TLG is not trash. Maybe not for everyone but holy shit. Do you just listen to the few low review scores or something?

Great music, incredible portrayal of Trico, good puzzles, great art direction and the camera problems and Trico not listening are vastly overstated. Trico maybe doesn't listen to me like 3-4 times per hour of gameplay and even then it's like 30 seconds max he takes to do something. Not a huge deal. Camera can get in the way but corrects itself within seconds or can be corrected

I have a basic membership, if I go in tomorrow and upgrade to PUR I should be able to use the b2g1 tomorrow correct? And have an additional one for signing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back