GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Daaamn wtf GameStop. I had some games I was planning to return/rebuy with this B2G1 sale today, but it's a coupon and only one use? Lame...

I'm playing the long game.
Which is the wiser decision but I figure if I buy two Dualshock 4s and FF XV I can get FF XV for $31.68. I get a gift receipt for Dead Rising 4 and ask a friend to return it later after trading in the Dualshocks or wait for the 50% bonus which would get me FF XV for $15ish. I could get all the Pokemon DS games with my coupons. Trade them in during the 50% boost that is incoming and profit $24 per 3 copies assuming values don't drop.

While I really want FF XV I heard that the season pass content will most likely be prequel or mid game content which will help the story which I heard is lacking and I don't replay long RPGs not after the Tales incident.

If the 3 games i want are spread out over 2 or 3 stores can they somehow give them to me in one transaction so i can use the coupon? I would be willing to drive myself to 2 or 3 locations if they give some kind of voucher note that i can use to pick them up along the way.

If the 3 games i want are spread out over 2 or 3 stores can they somehow give them to me in one transaction so i can use the coupon? I would be willing to drive myself to 2 or 3 locations if they give some kind of voucher note that i can use to pick them up along the way.
Return rebuy you can even have the first store call the second and third store about what games to hold and what your doing or the first store can charge you and use the coupons while you pick the games up.

yeah I've had managers be pretty cool about that. Especially this time of the year it's hard for me to find 3 games I want at one store

I am so screwed.  Thought this was a B2G1 sale not a coupon.  Bought 9 games last night with my GS credit flipped them to BB before values tanked.  Got enough for my new S model but now see this is a one time use coupon.  I am out $70 now since 2 of my 9 games won't be free.  Damn big mistake on my part.

If anyone is not going to use their coupon I would be happy to gift you something for it.  Please contact me asap if that is the case.

Thanks

Greg

**EDIT - Any chance this coupon could be used for multiple B2G1 on one transaction i.e. my 9 games giving me 3 free so long as I do it all in one transaction?  Doesn't read that way (in favor or against it).  It does say limit 1 coupon per customer. 

It does also say Free item(s) must be of equal or lesser value.  Maybe it will work.

So it's a B2G1F coupon and not a sale? If it is confirmed that the buy 2, get 1 free on last gen games starts next week, that's good since I don't have to drive to a different county today to buy the 3 games that I want.

If I'm going to get 3 games consisting of

$49.49

$34.19

$34.19

then I can only use one $15 preowned cert right? coz using the $25 one would make the $49.49 be free? ugh too bad I only brought $25/$15/$5 certs, didn't buy any $10 ones lol, or else i would've grouped the $5+$10.

No point in using the $5 one right coz it won't be applied correctly but to the already free game right?

The b2g1 is a generic coupon as they can ring it up at the register according to what the employee told me. I still used it off my phone

Also the$30 promo does not work on purchases. Traded in pokemon and did the b2g1 and did not bump. Added $5 towards the RE7 CE and i got the bump.

If I'm going to get 3 games consisting of
$49.49
$34.19
$34.19
then I can only use one $15 preowned cert right? coz using the $25 one would make the $49.49 be free? ugh too bad I only brought $25/$15/$5 certs, didn't buy any $10 ones lol, or else i would've grouped the $5+$10.
No point in using the $5 one right coz it won't be applied correctly but to the already free game right?
Correct, this is what I did, remember, you won't get the 10% PUR off the most expensive game until after $15 is applied. You could use 15+5 in this case and it would knock a couple extra dollars off

If I did buy 2 get 1 on 3 copies of COD IW how would the math worth if I wanted to use a $15 and $5 preowned coupon?

Does the $20 come off one of the ones I am paying for or the 'free' one?  

Just a heads up.  I went over to GS this morning to use my coupon for b2g1 but the cashier just entered a code on his end to do the promo and I was able to keep the coupon.   Looks like the coupon might not be needed but this may vary by store.   

Just a heads up. I went over to GS this morning to use my coupon for b2g1 but the cashier just entered a code on his end to do the promo and I was able to keep the coupon. Looks like the coupon might not be needed but this may vary by store.
was the coupon still in your active offers after it refreshed or did it disappear?

Just a heads up. I went over to GS this morning to use my coupon for b2g1 but the cashier just entered a code on his end to do the promo and I was able to keep the coupon. Looks like the coupon might not be needed but this may vary by store.
Same for me no coupon needed so it all worked out just fine

Were you able to buy your 9 items and get 3 free?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yep no problem at all. Clerks were talking a lot people into extra items as well. At least 5 customers took advantage of the deal while I was in line that were originally just getting 1 game. One person got 15 games between he and his 2 buddies with him.

Now all I need to do is hit BB tomorrow for a PM to get $50 back on the S I got from them last night and I will have gotten an new 500gb One S with BF1 digital (it is digital in there not a disc game), an extra regular controller, and a new Elite controller to give my son for Christmas all for $69 of real cash out of my pocket! Not bad for only trading in an older 1tb xbone and disc based BF1. I'm happy.

Only complaint is I didn't do it a second time last night to upgrade my son's system as well. His wouldn't have been as good a deal since he only has the 500gb version which has a crappy TIV of $75. That extra $50 last night was a real help and made the switch all worth it.

I am just asking because if the code is generic maybe it stays as an active offer until the day ends even if your code is used multiple times?

So if you guys didnt use the coupon at all can you click on your active offers to see if it is there?

And in case anyone wants to know the deal went as such.

Traded in 1Tb Xbone = $130 TIV + $50 GC = $180

Traded in BF1 = $27.50

Total Trade credit = $207.50

Bought 3 x COD Xbone = $108.01

Bought 3 x COD PS4 = $108.01

Bought 3 x Skyrim Xbone = $108.01

Applied trade credit/GC of $207.50 and an old $5 GC I had laying around I forgot about = $102.80 charged on my card (2 separate purchases from 2 stores)

**Did the return/rebuy today for all 9 games and ended up with $108.01 back to me in cash (go figure)

Traded all games in last night to BB for $267.50 

Purchased Elite Controller via PM to costco last night for $99.99 AND got the $30 GC bonus = $105.29 (used trade credit)

Purchased Xbox 1 S BF1 combo last night with extra regular controller from BB for $315.89 applied my new $30 GC from controller and the rest of my trade credit ($162.21) = $123.68 charged to my card.

Will PM new console price tomorrow thanks BB ad and Target ads etc and get back $52.65 to my Amex.

My total net out of pocket after applying the $108.01 in cash I got GS today to my Amex is $68.31

Tough to follow I'm sure but not bad for an hour last night between GS and BB and about 30 mins at GS this AM.

I am just asking because if the code is generic maybe it stays as an active offer until the day ends even if your code is used multiple times?

So if you guys didnt use the coupon at all can you click on your active offers to see if it is there?
Nope no coupon needed. As long as you were a PRO member they zapped a generic coupon from their sheet and all done.

The clerk handed me tomorrows ad and the B2G1 is part of it they were just allowed to start the deal today is what he told me.

Again no coupon needed my my PUR account at all

I got 3 vita games and the associate algae to overide it because an automatic b2g1 didn't kick in. She then did 3 used ps4s and it works just fine. I didn't realize going in that this required a coupon

I also haven't gotten any of these free money emails

I got the random email saying I had 80 dollars to claim. I'm wondering if they didn't go back and fix the 40% pokemon promos that weren't applying to disc games because that's about how much I'd be missing from that.

Welp I actually got my $406 approximately 8 hours after I requested the gift card. Either I'm an idiot for loosing a trade credit card with about $80 on it or GameStop is for giving me free money.

For those that were told to contact CS after receiving the new digital card, try pulling up your new card now. It just went through for me. I did not contact CS.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey I'm hanging out in a GameStop today and a guy is trying to return his new 3dsxl that he bought the day before. And the associate at first said that they couldn't give him the whole value back. Then said it was ok but if it was 3-4 days they would dock the return value. He told them he had tried it out and decided on a ps vita instead.

I received the email for unused credit too. While I got the virtual trade cards, I also have physical trade cards which I doubt have the same amount total. Do you think using the virtual trade cards negate the physical ones? This is really wierd especially if the amounts are wrong which most people say it is.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I received the email for unused credit too. While I got the virtual trade cards, I also have physical trade cards which I doubt have the same amount total. Do you think using the virtual trade cards negate the physical ones? This is really wierd especially if the amounts are wrong which most people say it is.

People have posted that they got the gift card but their current trade cards were zeroed out. Since I got the email but I'm only quoted for $20 more than what's currently on my card, I'm wondering if I went out and bought a couple PS4 Pros and then tried to fill out the thing and get my virtual gift card, I could then return what I bought and end up with double the credit?

Hey I'm hanging out in a GameStop today and a guy is trying to return his new 3dsxl that he bought the day before. And the associate at first said that they couldn't give him the whole value back. Then said it was ok but if it was 3-4 days they would dock the return value. He told them he had tried it out and decided on a ps vita instead.
Why are you hanging out in a Gamestop?

I just checked my physical cards and they were zeroed out. This was about 2 hrs after redeeming the virtual cards. I'm going to try and consolidate them into physical again but with more on each so I don't have to carry around so many like before.

so I get the second email saying claim your $80 gift card, go to the site, and it gives me a gift card with nothing on it.................................................... Well that was a grand waste of time.

this is actually quite common, almost every time i go in there is someone that looks like they are in line but they are just there, talking to the workers and anyone that comes in.
Thankfully this isn't the case at my store or I'd find another one, that's fucking weird lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back