GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man made it to GameStop and people are just miserable. Not the employees but people. They suck! Well my guy helping me was cool, returned my fallout from October with no issues.

I go to the second GameStop that was supposedly holding Pokemon sun and Moon for me as preowned. The guy helping me wasn't having it since they couldn't find my order, he would only take 2 dollars off copies. Kinda vexed, I just said it's cool, I already used my b2g1 today, the real loss here is that I can't use my cyber Monday coupons so I pass.

On my way home I stop at a 80s store, they sell modded consoles and old consoles. The prices on everything is like $75, $150 for the modded consoles, which is kinda high in my opinion.

On the shelf was a brand spanking new Wii u gamepad... My son is 4, he takes care of his real well but I always wanted a backup. I ask the guy how much he was selling the Wii u, he tells me that it's just the gamepad unfortunately and it's $20. I feel like I discovered a diamond in the rough at this point.
Seems like that's the normal price. I went to my local shop and I thought that was really high. If i knew how to do it myself I would

Funny story...so I go into GS Wednesday night with my kids (1 & 4 yrs old) and I walk straight up to the counter and I tell the guy, "Yes, I'm here for the Gamestop family deal."

And he goes, "Family deal? What family deal? I haven't heard about the family deal." And he is sooooo serious, I mean, he was about to have a panic attack.

Now I was just joking, and to me it was pretty clear by the goofy way I said it and that I was pushing a stroller. I mean, c'mon man.

So I tell him that I was just joking because I had my kids with me and he breathed like a big sigh of relief, didn't laugh or smile, just kinda said ok.

I won't get into the rest of the transaction, which was pretty annoying after that. He didn't know anything about the products and tried to tell me my Cyber Monday certs were only good for Cyber Monday. Sigh.

Glad your locals have a sense of humor cause mine don't. People are wound so tight in So Cal it ain't even funny. I'm originally from the Bay Area and no one in So Cal embodies the "laid back surfer dude" cliche except laid back surfers.
Those people are usually the ones that came to LA from Kansas to be a big time Hollywood Producer but just end up working at Wendy's and GameStop. Ask them about their script and they will give you the keys to the kingdom.

Traded in a few games and picked up Dead Rising 4, Pokemon Moon and Mario Maker 3DS with my B2G1 so I consider today a good day.

Local GS is telling all customers it's b2g1 for previous gen only. It's amazing how little they know. I always have to convince them to "just try it" and "see what happens." Love the look of shock on their face when the thing that's advertised works as expected. This thread should be their employee manual.

well had a fun trip to GS. First picked up a copy of duty used for my nephew with the certs from cyber monday. Game was 34.19 and had 35 in certs. Thought it would've been covered but came up 3.xx as the total. I mentioned it and she adjusted it a few times, kept seeing it get lower and lower till it zeroed out. 

Then grabbed a ps4 pro with the trade credit I had. She scanned it and goes to put it down and it falls out of her hands to the ground......... She immediately tells me she'll get me anther one and did a return on the spot. I thought maybe she just walked in back and brought out the same one but do see two different serials on the receipt so prob not ha.

I guess that's karma for GS not giving me more for my destiny ps4 I traded in yesterday :p 

well had a fun trip to GS. First picked up a copy of duty used for my nephew with the certs from cyber monday. Game was 34.19 and had 35 in certs. Thought it would've been covered but came up 3.xx as the total. I mentioned it and she adjusted it a few times, kept seeing it get lower and lower till it zeroed out.
The register was correct. The game is $37.99 or 34.19 after pro 10% off. The way certs work is they take off the $ before pro discount then 10% is taken from the remaining total.

What games did you get? I keep seeing so many copies of that Aegis of Earth game. It's like they can't give it away!

Farming Simulator 16

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

Batman: AA Blackgate

Lego:

Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin

Marvel Superheroes

Batman 3

Avengers

now I'm officially at 100 titles.

I picked up that Aegis of Earth game a week ago with one of my cyber monday certs, dont know what to wait on. I seem to be just buying stuff as long as it is not a visual novel or "JUST" a girlfriend simulator at this point. I realize some of the japanese games I have bought already might as well be a fap or gf game.

The register was correct. The game is $37.99 or 34.19 after pro 10% off. The way certs work is they take off the before pro discount then 10% is taken from the remaining total.
ah makes sense, I mentioned to her I thought it was tax and was about to pay and she stopped me and overrided it. meh I'll take it :D

is the B2G1 in active offers generic? Just wondering in case I have to use it and run into some ill informed stores. My code ends in HJ55

Something just occurred to me about this "free money" thing. I wonder if it's from employees reusuing left over trade cards. I've seen it happen a few times and occasionally they'll have a trade card laying around with .14 $ on it that they'll give out. What a mess that would be.

I used 2 Cyber Monday pre-owned certs (25 &15) to buy NBA 2k17 on Wednesday.  Paid $2 out of pocket.  I wonder if I take it in and pick out a second game if they will let me get a third game free.  

Thanks for the link to check for missing credit.  No luck for me though. :cry:

Trying to convince myself I need to go take advantage of the B2G1 today but honestly with my backlog and the amazing deals on games I've gotten over the last several weeks, I really can't find anything worth picking up.  Still have some cyber monday certs I need to use too, hoping to run into a Mario Maker 3DS in my area before they are up, otherwise they'll just go towards some pokemon games I guess. 

Maybe I'll keep looking.  I would love some 3DS coop games for me and my 10yr old daughter to play, that would be a better deal on the B2G1 sale vs. Best Buy's B1G1 40% off + GCU deal tomorrow. 

Has anyone successfully gotten their virtual trade card? Mine said there was a problem trying to claim mine, now when I type my email it says there are no trade credits under this account

Anybody notice on the in store ad for dec 11-17 that GTA V will be $30 and include the whale shark card? That seems suspiciously generous. Trade Value has got to tank tomorrow I am guessing.

Yes. I went to two stores today, and I didn't need the coupon because they offered to use the store tablet to scan the coupon. Since I'm extremely cheap, I decided my magic price point would be $9.99 each and nothing higher, so I bought the first Toukiden for Vita, Splatterhouse for 360, and Battle Worlds: Kronos for PS4, all complete. There were more expensive games that I wanted since I'm collecting late releases for PS3, but I couldn't find three $19.99 games that were worth it. Black Friday sales and Target clearance titles have also spoiled me.
They used the coupon on your account, they just pulled it up on the tablet.

Local GS is telling all customers it's b2g1 for previous gen only. It's amazing how little they know. I always have to convince them to "just try it" and "see what happens." Love the look of shock on their face when the thing that's advertised works as expected. This thread should be their employee manual.
The weeklong one that starts tomorrow is last gen only. The coupon one today is everything. I can see how they got confused.

I picked up the ad as well , no dark souls 3.
Pre owned interactive figures 10 for $20 *not valid on amiibos
Forgot to use the virtual trade card , next time.

don't know if this is happening to  anyone else but i'm giving folks the heads up. my pur account got hacked this week and someone took $75 in reward certs from my account. The certs have been used so it was like I pocket redeemed them by phone. I sent an email to Gamestop and hopefully they will address it. 

I changed my password and recently reup membership, I got a little bit of points left and some credit. Should I just start fresh? 

Glad everyone is getting an early X-Mas gift from GameStop. 

Also looks like Batman Telltale Series is back to the Black Friday pricing. Didn't get a chance to pick one up, but with the season almost over looks like this is a good deal to play through and get a Plat

don't know if this is happening to anyone else but i'm giving folks the heads up. my pur account got hacked this week and someone took $75 in reward certs from my account. The certs have been used so it was like I pocket redeemed them by phone. I sent an email to Gamestop and hopefully they will address it.

I changed my password and recently reup membership, I got a little bit of points left and some credit. Should I just start fresh?
Damn hackers sell them on illegal forums and Ebay. Surprised Ebay doesn't take all the listings down. Just call and they will refund you the points email takes way to much time and may not resolve it at all.

Nah, I just hoped he wouldn't say anything (and didn't). Everything went smooth but I guess there really are people who go to local GameStops to hang out...
Something similar happened to me when there was a 50% bonus at Gamestop and BB was selling games for like half off or more. I grabbed like $400 worth of games at BB and the associate there made a comment about the sale generating the second longest receipt he'd ever seen. I went right to Gamestop and flipped them all and just as I was wrapping up the guy from BB comes in. Apparently, he just got off work and he's friends with the GS employees. He recognizes me immediately and says, "Man, you're buying more games?"

I just said "Yup" and hurried out of there. Thankfully, these weren't my regular locations so I'm not too worried now.

Nah, I just hoped he wouldn't say anything (and didn't). Everything went smooth but I guess there really are people who go to local GameStops to hang out...
Something similar happened to me when there was a 50% bonus at Gamestop and BB was selling games for like half off or more. I grabbed like $400 worth of games at BB and the associate there made a comment about the sale generating the second longest receipt he'd ever seen. I went right to Gamestop and flipped them all and just as I was wrapping up the guy from BB comes in. Apparently, he just got off work and he's friends with the GS employees. He recognizes me immediately and says, "Man, you're buying more games?"

I just said "Yup" and hurried out of there. Thankfully, these weren't my regular locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back