GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think i am more happy i found these at GS than the B2G1 sale itself.

attachicon.gif
15380839_10102705485891963_704702025880139819_n.jpg
You suck. Revan is the only one I want and nobody around here has him. Hopefully shipments just haven't arrived yet. [emoji53]

The weeklong one that starts tomorrow is last gen only. The coupon one today is everything. I can see how they got confused.
Is there any ad you can link for the B2G1 that starts today? I only see, on the Gamestop website, the ad that goes from Dec 7-13 or something like that.

don't know if this is happening to anyone else but i'm giving folks the heads up. my pur account got hacked this week and someone took $75 in reward certs from my account. The certs have been used so it was like I pocket redeemed them by phone. I sent an email to Gamestop and hopefully they will address it.

I changed my password and recently reup membership, I got a little bit of points left and some credit. Should I just start fresh?

I got an email yesterday that 5,000 points were redeemed for $5 without any consent from me. Is this a new thing?

I have received the virtual trade card in my email, gonna try it out later tonight.
did it work? I've been offered one before and they never sent it (I got an email confirming "the order" of it, but not the actual codes to use) and then I've also been given a bogus credit promo code that never worked. It's a nightmare to try and get Gamestop to recognize that you are telling the truth in both cases.

edit - neither one of these was about trade credit disappearing and Gamestop reimbursing

I got an email yesterday that 5,000 points were redeemed for $5 without any consent from me. Is this a new thing?
If someone generated & redeemed your cert then you were hacked -- otherwise the default reward setting is to generate a $5 cert when you hit 5k pts

You need to change it to "stockpile my points" so you can manually generate certs -- log in to your online rewards account and change the setting

Interested in this, too. Haven't paid much attention to my points since I haven't been active at GS much, but I looked at my account during the BF deal and found that in June and July I had $5 certs "auto-rewarded" which of course expired in a month (WTF, 1 month? BB certs are a year!). And I currently have over 10k points so luckily those haven't auto-rewarded. Wondering how that happened when I never set up autorewarding.

Well after about 6-7 years of PUR I got banned from trading I just traded my xbox one in 3 days ago to upgrade to the s I went to trade last night and they said I'm banned I was so pissed the xbox is the first thing I've traded in 3 months I'm not heavy into trading like some of the members here. Only thing I can figure about a year ago they did the b2g1 on preowned I traded a ps4 and xbox one then bought 2 xbox ones and got the wii u free somewhere around $600 there then earlier this year I traded in all my disney infinity characters that was around $400 I don't understand this and never have I traded multiples of the same game.

If someone generated & redeemed your cert then you were hacked -- otherwise the default reward setting is to generate a $5 cert when you hit 5k pts

You need to change it to "stockpile my points" so you can manually generate certs -- log in to your online rewards account and change the setting
Interested in this, too. Haven't paid much attention to my points since I haven't been active at GS much, but I looked at my account during the BF deal and found that in June and July I had $5 certs "auto-rewarded" which of course expired in a month (WTF, 1 month? BB certs are a year!). And I currently have over 10k points so luckily those haven't auto-rewarded. Wondering how that happened when I never set up autorewarding.

I used to actively use the PUR program years back and already banked points. I generally redeemed for 'big ticket' items. I've never chosen to auto generate anything. This just have been some forced change recently.

did it work? I've been offered one before and they never sent it (I got an email confirming "the order" of it, but not the actual codes to use) and then I've also been given a bogus credit promo code that never worked. It's a nightmare to try and get Gamestop to recognize that you are telling the truth in both cases.

edit - neither one of these was about trade credit disappearing and Gamestop reimbursing
Well last night the link in the email worked and brought me to a page where my virtual trade card was, it displayed the account number and a PIN number. I totally spaced it and left GameStop without scanning it , $5. This morning the page would not reload and instead took me to where I was prompted to enter my information again and was told another email is coming.
So if you get the link for your card , print it out.

I used to actively use the PUR program years back and already banked points. I generally redeemed for 'big ticket' items. I've never chosen to auto generate anything. This just have been some forced change recently.
Not recently. Like around eight months ago. They changed the default option to autoreward at $5. If you want to stockpile your points, you have to change the setting in your profile.

don't know if this is happening to anyone else but i'm giving folks the heads up. my pur account got hacked this week and someone took $75 in reward certs from my account. The certs have been used so it was like I pocket redeemed them by phone. I sent an email to Gamestop and hopefully they will address it.

I changed my password and recently reup membership, I got a little bit of points left and some credit. Should I just start fresh?
Yes there are groups of people on the internet making false gamestop api calls to get into people's accounts to rifle PUR points so they can either sell the PUR coupons on ebay or setup throwaway basic pur accounts to get free games to sell on ebay. Changing your password doesn't do shit as they hack into some gamestop admin account.

Last time I traded in retro controllers to gamestop, they'd only take 2 of each. Anyone know about how long I should wait before making another attempt? Don't really want to get my account flagged but there's a couple games I want and that's the quickest way to them.

Yes there are groups of people on the internet making false gamestop api calls to get into people's accounts to rifle PUR points so they can either sell the PUR coupons on ebay or setup throwaway basic pur accounts to get free games to sell on ebay. Changing your password doesn't do shit as they hack into some gamestop admin account.
so most likely this is what this douche is doing?

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/359355-have-50-90-off-any-one-item-w-2545-pp/

I seen him post in here a few times and pretty sure it's an old user that used to sell them here.

Last time I traded in retro controllers to gamestop, they'd only take 2 of each. Anyone know about how long I should wait before making another attempt? Don't really want to get my account flagged but there's a couple games I want and that's the quickest way to them.
I think someone said before that accessories has no limit because they expect more than a few controllers. Don't know for sure though and about retro stuff also.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Saw this at my store. Not really anything great but there could maybe be a few flips in here. A good portion of these games already trade in at a $25 base.[attachment=24750:20161211_182408.jpg]

I had a game reserved at a store yesterday but i didn't pick it up because the other 2 games i tried to reserve was out of stock. Just want to make sure ...i won't be charged a restocking fee right?

I got a question. For the 20% bonus trade in toward Last guardian and dead rising 4, can u trade in more than 1 game for the 20% bonus?
Yes you can trade as many as you want as long as you don't pass the limit of 1 per title per platform. I have traded 10+ lots of times. Anything above the cost of the game just goes towards store credit.

Even better when it's a preorder, you can choose to just put $5 down, then come back and trade more towards it later and still get the trade bonus.

Just got my emailed gift card as well. For 35.xx. My physical gift card was not zeroed out ($22.xx balance). I did cancel a GS online order which totaled 35.27 (a few cents less than the emailed GC value) but yet this was charged on my AMEX not credit (verified on my order email.) there is no longer a pending charge on my AMEX account after this cancellation (ordered 12/6 cancelled 12/9). Did they just give me free money lol

Couple questions about the 2 for $50 trade in deal: Does PUR work? i.e. would I actually get $55?

And if I brought in an odd amount of games, would I get $25 for each? Like if I brought in NBA 2k17, WWE 2k17, and Pokemon Black, would I get $75? Or only $50 and then the regular trade in value for the third game?

I just traded in Black Black 2 Platinum and pearl and got 140 with the 50% bonus now its only 100 with that promo lol
There was a 50% bonus? When or was it yesterday only?

Seems like Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is a decent flip if you get three using a B2G1 and another game on the list.

You have some platforms swapped on there. NBA 2k17 XBO is listed as Wii, Kirby Return to Dreamland is listed as XBO and some others.

EDIT: also prices are wrong. You list Pokémon White as $44.99 used, but it's $39.99, not sure if there's more.
Thanks didn't see that, I must of screwed something up in excel when sorting the ones off the pic above. I'll leave it up for now as I need the skus to re-query them by themselves. I just tried doing it and gs servers are giving me errors while querying some of them (Normal for their site between 12am -3am)

How do you properly use the Cyber Monday PUR coupons with B2G1 so they apply to the right games?
Make sure one of the games is more expensive than the other two to the point where the post-coupon price won't work against you.

Example: If you buy two $9.99 games and one $19.99 game, you can use a $5 or $10 coupon without any trouble, but a $15 coupon would be wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back