GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a $20 PSN code off GameStop with trade credit then it went into "review" and it said 24 hours but it's been over 48. I'm fucked aren't I?
Do NOT order online gift cards from Gamestop. I'm sitting on 2 1/2 weeks since I ordered a $50 giftcard for Stubhub and received ONLY the pin part of the giftcard. Of course customer service via phone is no help and there is at least a glimmer of hope via their email setup. You are probably in much better shape due to it being one code for Gamestop but you may need to send an email or???? Good luck!

Is it true that GameStop can bar you from returning an unopened item within the stated time on receipt because, like that episode of Seinfeld, you had the wrong "reasons" for returning it?
Nope although the employee could hassle or lie to you since it probably messes up their COL (Circle Of Life) score that they can get written up or fired for.

COL is some score they base how employees are doing each week and I guess they are really tough on it. I think it goes in their perspective:

Pre-Orders lead to new game sales which lead to more trade ins which lead to more pre-orders.

When in reality it just leads to more returns and pre-orders being canceled since they force you to buy or pre-order for a decent TIV.

It does not , tested it myself.
Thanks man. Bummer that it only works on one. When I saw the ad I was dreaming up all the money I was gonna make.

Just as a side note. If you do this deal trade in your old Xbox controller because they get less on the base credit all the time and DS4 get about $40 with the biggest bumps

Shady AF but you could buy 4 seperate Elite controllers on 4 seperate transaction if you have enough credit to cover the difference and 4 spare controllers you are looking to get rid of and then return all the Elite controllers over time (Holiday return period).
I considered doing multiple transactions to get the bump seeing as I have multiple accounts plenty of credit. I'll most likely do 1 or 2 trades on some of the lower base controllers. It's not really worth going ham on this for an extra 10$.

Nope although the employee could hassle or lie to you since it probably messes up their COL (Circle Of Life) score that they can get written up or fired for.

COL is some score they base how employees are doing each week and I guess they are really tough on it. I think it goes in their perspective:

Pre-Orders lead to new game sales which lead to more trade ins which lead to more pre-orders.

When in reality it just leads to more returns and pre-orders being canceled since they force you to buy or pre-order for a decent TIV.
New sales don't factor into COL so wouldn't matter.

I know GS took away a lot of ways to cash out your GS credit over the last year, but whats the best way now? Gas gift cards? Xbox/psn cards? Any gift cards work at all anymore?

Is it true that GameStop can bar you from returning an unopened item within the stated time on receipt because, like that episode of Seinfeld, you had the wrong "reasons" for returning it?

I bought an Xbox after Black Friday. The date to return it by is January 7th. This week, it is both $50 cheaper and comes with a bonus $30 gift card. I went into a GS today to ask about returning and rebuying it at the new price, and they said it was a judgement call, and that it would be gaming the system to do so.

When has "it's cheaper at another store" let alone "its cheaper at your own store" ever not been a legitimate reason to return an item? I understand things like cars, you can't go hey this Ford is $5K cheaper than six months ago when I bought it, well, that's year end clearance, and a car is not refundable like that.

Most stores, besides GS apparently, have "price match guarantees" for their own stores, many even for rival stores, but almost always for their own stores where "if you see it for a lower advertised price... we'll refund you the difference". The reason they have these policies is BECAUSE it prevents the hassle of people having to refund the item in full, wait a day, then have another family member go to the other sister-store the next town over and rebuy it at the lower sale price.

So yeah, I'll find another area GS, return it, make up some better excuse ("my kid hates Xbox. The lemmings have been PWN3D!"), and then either buy it again at a third GameStop, or preferably at another store like Amazon that apparently is having the exact same sale. How in the world that makes me a criminal gaming the system I don't know.
Go to a different store. Have been lucky at all the stores I frequent to adjust, give additional game, gift card, etc when a better offer pops up within the return period. Just went to one yesterday and they gave me a $25 gift card for the PS4 slime I bought on BF. The even let me keep the Last of Us game as part of the BF promo.

I know GS took away a lot of ways to cash out your GS credit over the last year, but whats the best way now? Gas gift cards? Xbox/psn cards? Any gift cards work at all anymore?
Idk about cashing out your gift cards but if you are interested in gassing out your gift cards...I would recommend Taco Bell gift cards! :D

Idk about cashing out your gift cards but if you are interested in gassing out your gift cards...I would recommend Taco Bell gift cards! :D
aJtrAwWscjvP2.gif

Regal Gift Cards if you watch movies. I just bought some recently for Rogue One.
However movie GCs can be had easily for 20 percent off, more if your company offers corporate rates. So still loosing 20% of face value essentially.

Gas cards might be more cost efficient as you only need to factor in price difference between Shell and say, Costco.

However movie GCs can be had easily for 20 percent off, more if your company offers corporate rates. So still loosing 20% of face value essentially.

Gas cards might be more cost efficient as you only need to factor in price difference between Shell and say, Costco.
If you are gonna buy gas cards, wouldn't it be just as easy to buy amazon or eBay then?? :)

Can you get the free 40$  battery charge station for buying the elite control, if you do the trade in promotion also... its advertised on the front page of the weekly ad if anyone was wondering

I thought that is no longer an option. I do not flip so my info may be skewed.
Gas, Ebay, Amazon, and Visa gift cards can no longer be purchased with gift cards or credit as of earlier this year. However everything else AFAIK is fair game. On that note has anyone gotten SouthWest Airlines gift cards with credit?

Gamestop has been rolling out some great deals lately (crazy, I know) so it might be wise to hold on to the trade credit for future sales. 

Gas, Ebay, Amazon, and Visa gift cards can no longer be purchased with gift cards or credit as of earlier this year. However everything else AFAIK is fair game. On that note has anyone gotten SouthWest Airlines gift cards with credit?
Ah, didnt know about gas cards, shows how much I know being a non–flipper. I just save up my credit. Last time I cashed out buying the aqua blue Vita, this time might go for the Switch.

yes I used $350 in September, $25 subway, $25 Chipotle, $100 whole foods and $200 Southwest for my x2 roundtrip tickets to Vegas. Really made my vacation cheaper plus breakfast at whole foods for those hungover nights really made some extra flipping I did around July worth it.

I should probably unload my credit on sw gift cards. Won't get me to Canada to ski whistler this season. Maybe not a good idea, I'd probably waste it going to Nashville for a concert.

yes im a terrible person....though certainly not by any reasonable standards on this board.

but traded in a broken controller(well it turns on and it works....but some of the buttons don't work 100% of the time and the joysticks always move your character forward and the d-pad is iffy with at least two buttons on the d-pad flat out not working at all)....but you'd never know all this unless you used all the buttons for a good 20 minutes.

so as much as i hated to part with my day one edition controller....between that and pawning off some useless crap an elite controller for 30ish bucks....i'll take it.

So it is confirmed that we can return the elite controller and keep the $50 credit? I bought one of those target clearance controllers (the armed forces one) for $20 and well the build quality is rather lousy and I've barely used it I'm afraid it's not going to last. Would love to take advantage and just buy one of the regular white "s" controllers after returning the elite one. Since I've hear that new new controllers are not all built the same and not all have Bluetooth I guess I can just get a white one

So it is confirmed that we can return the elite controller and keep the $50 credit? I bought one of those target clearance controllers (the armed forces one) for $20 and well the build quality is rather lousy and I've barely used it I'm afraid it's not going to last. Would love to take advantage and just buy one of the regular white "s" controllers after returning the elite one. Since I've hear that new new controllers are not all built the same and not all have Bluetooth I guess I can just get a white one
I would assume so. This promo is just like all the other bonus TIV promos out there.

Sorry for the lack of updates. The SL required shifts have been crazy for me.

B2G1F on all preowned products starts 12/26. "Cash same as credit" for trades also starts 12/26.

yes im a terrible person....though certainly not by any reasonable standards on this board.

but traded in a broken controller(well it turns on and it works....but some of the buttons don't work 100% of the time and the joysticks always move your character forward and the d-pad is iffy with at least two buttons on the d-pad flat out not working at all)....but you'd never know all this unless you used all the buttons for a good 20 minutes.

so as much as i hated to part with my day one edition controller....between that and pawning off some useless crap an elite controller for 30ish bucks....i'll take it.
That's pretty bad. Can you imagine little Timmy saving up his allowance and he has to buy a used controller to get just a bit more value so he can play video games with his brother, and between being in school and his parents being too busy to go to Gamestop again, he's not able to exchange it until after the return policy has already expired? Though you reminded me that I need to test out my Kinect in case someone traded it in broken.

Did the stealth bump end? I don't remember which games got a bump to test out. Just Dance 2016 held it's values.
The TIV for Far Cry Primal (XB1) was $22.50 yesterday and $13 today, so yes, I think the bump ended (except for JD 2016?).

Hmm B2G1 free and cash = credit at GS at the same time BB is doing 50% trade in values on Ps4 and xbone titles, all before the Cyber Monday certs expire?

This could get real interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back