GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any CAGr's wanting to trade their trade credit for cash? I'm going to buy a xbox one s to get on the current deal. I figured if anyone was wanting to change their trade credit for cash this might work for both of us. I will only do this with you if you have excellent feedback though.
Not to derail anything, but what's your exchange rate?

So, success at the third GameStop. Just needed the receipt. Having used a $10 certificate on the original transaction apparently caused some issues, but it all worked out. Got a $30 gift card, $69.99 JD Fenix controller for free, and a random extra $2.10 "return" gift card for some reason.

Decided to get the Xbox deal, got the gow4 controller too. Probably gonna sell pretty much everything but the console and trade in my VCR. Great deal!

Sometimes I feel really bad for you. This a typical situation that you do something for absolutely no compensation but people will demand so much more effort out of you.
To each their own but do speak for yourself.

Myself and plenty (I hope!) other CAGs do send donations to Blackbeard every once in a while to compensate for his trouble, never has he been disrespectful to anybody here AFAIK ever since I joined the site. Least you can do is to move along while reading the forum.

I strongly encourage everyone to send a contribution to him every now and then, it sure goes a long way!

Myself and plenty (I hope!) other CAGs do send donations to Blackbeard every once in a while to compensate for his efforts and great job, never has he been disrespectful to anybody here AFAIK ever since I joined the site. Least you can do is to move along while reading the forum.

I strongly encourage everyone to send a contribution to him every now and then, it sure goes a long way!
I sent him several 7 Day Free XBox Live codes from new games that I flipped thanks to Blackbeard's spreadsheet. He says he can always use those, too!

What is everyone being told the return policy is on used games this month?  Is it still 7-days or by 1/15/2017 like the receipt says.  I am just asking because we all know how consistently GS employees interpret and enforce company policy.  Thanks. 

What is everyone being told the return policy is on used games this month? Is it still 7-days or by 1/15/2017 like the receipt says. I am just asking because we all know how consistently GS employees interpret and enforce company policy. Thanks.
My "usual" stores are all happy to return/rebuy stuff even though it's over a week old, because I'm sure they know about the extended return policy. However, some locations I don't frequent have said stuff along the lines of "I'll let it slide this time," acting like they're doing me a favor. No one has outright denied me though. So YMMV on if you get an ignorant employee or not

My "usual" stores are all happy to return/rebuy stuff even though it's over a week old, because I'm sure they know about the extended return policy. However, some locations I don't frequent have said stuff along the lines of "I'll let it slide this time," acting like they're doing me a favor. No one has outright denied me though. So YMMV on if you get an ignorant employee or not
Thanks man, I'm on day 7 today (including the day of purchase) with SFV and I don't have time to return it today. I liked the game, but not for $28. Wish I had picked it up when someone had it for $15 on BF. Anyway, I'll get back to it when the price drops.

Myself and plenty (I hope!) other CAGs do send donations to Blackbeard every once in a while to compensate for his trouble, never has he been disrespectful to anybody here AFAIK ever since I joined the site. Least you can do is to move along while reading the forum.

I sent him several 7 Day Free XBox Live codes from new games that I flipped thanks to Blackbeard's spreadsheet. He says he can always use those, too!
I am very grateful and thankful for all that have but at the same time please don't feel obligated that you have to though as the sheets are there as resource for everyone (Except IATCG fuck you!).

Not sure why you would direct such a comment at my post? Did you even understand what I was saying?

What is everyone being told the return policy is on used games this month? Is it still 7-days or by 1/15/2017 like the receipt says. I am just asking because we all know how consistently GS employees interpret and enforce company policy. Thanks.
It's 1/15.

YMMV on return/rebuy new stuff that has been opened because technically they don't have to return it for games/systems.

Hard no's at all my GameStops including my usual spots. I already had the GOW 4 controller on account of trading in the white one during the 50%, but another one doesn't hurt. Oh well. 

Interesting how they're doing a 20% trade in bonus for Steam cards during the Steam sale that's gonna start tomorrow. I wonder if Steam is paying them for that? Surely they wouldn't give away extra credit, seeing as they don't make much (if any) profit on Steam cards. I would think they'd prefer to sell physical copies of those games on consoles rather than promote buying stuff digitally on Steam

Following up on the "Cash Same As Credit" trade promo that starts 12/26 - offer is not valid in California.

However, it looks like the 50% bonus credit for game and accessory trades will be the trade promo for California starting 12/26.

Following up on the "Cash Same As Credit" trade promo that starts 12/26 - offer is not valid in California.

However, it looks like the 50% bonus credit for game and accessory trades will be the trade promo for California starting 12/26.
Not sure how I feel about that. I think i'd prefer 50% bonus over cash same as credit, since I might boomerang some stuff with my cyber Monday coupons.

Damn thank god I didn't buy the PS4 slim just yet. Now to think about my next course of action.

Damn, looks like I traded in that Pokemon Sun I bought with certs too quick, I'll be missing out on $5 credit. But that Platinum I just bought on eBay for $23 will definitely be going in now.

Not sure exactly what you intend on doing but just remember that the price is going back up to $300 on the 25th.
Yeah for like a week or two. Then will be down to the perm price of 250. Didn't Microsoft do this last year the same way? Temporarily was lower the price by the end of the holiday. Raised it for few weeks afterwords and then back down perm.

Interesting how they're doing a 20% trade in bonus for Steam cards during the Steam sale that's gonna start tomorrow. I wonder if Steam is paying them for that? Surely they wouldn't give away extra credit, seeing as they don't make much (if any) profit on Steam cards. I would think they'd prefer to sell physical copies of those games on consoles rather than promote buying stuff digitally on Steam
Does this start today? I try to buy something on Steam at least once a year since I read that you might be locked out of your Steam account if you don't buy something at least once a year.

Does this start today? I try to buy something on Steam at least once a year since I read that you might be locked out of your Steam account if you don't buy something at least once a year.
It has been going on and lasts until January 3rd. And that is most definitely not true, I know someone who hasn't bought something since 2013, and their account is fine today. Origin is the service where inactive accounts being disabled was rumored, but EA released an official statement saying that will never happen

Hmmm I was doing the Redbox to GS this morning and Redbox stopped selling about 25 games today. Looks like they may be getting fresh games in there soon?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o5qZLLPwhnbSneHBURAIRnVQaTCs5JtFjSKNxIhN44c/edit#gid=1024227703

Here are the games that seem to be gone:

Transformers Devastation Playstation 4
Snoopy's Grand Adventure Playstation 4
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Playstation 4
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Xbox One
WWE 2K16 Xbox 360
Deadpool Playstation 4
Deadpool Xbox One
Until Dawn Playstation 4
Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends Playstation 4
Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of Legendary Legends Xbox One
NBA 2K16 Xbox 360
Batman: Arkham Knight Xbox One
Batman: Arkham Knight Playstation 4
Halo 5: Guardians Xbox One
Mortal Kombat X Playstation 4
Mortal Kombat X Xbox One
WWE 2K16 Playstation 4
WWE 2K16 Xbox One
Star Wars: Battlefront Xbox One
Hasbro Family Fun Pack Playstation 4
Star Wars: Battlefront Playstation 4
NBA 2K16 Playstation 4
NBA 2K16 Xbox One
Hasbro Family Fun Pack Xbox One
Just Dance 2016 Playstation 4
Just Dance 2016 Xbox One

Hmm. I have 2 copies of Just Dance 2016 for Xbox 360 and with the 50% extra, I'm not sure if I should wait and risk it being tanked in value or just trade it in today.

Hmmm I was doing the Redbox to GS this morning and Redbox stopped selling about 25 games today. Looks like they may be getting fresh games in there soon?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o5qZLLPwhnbSneHBURAIRnVQaTCs5JtFjSKNxIhN44c/edit#gid=1024227703

WWE 2K16 Xbox 360
Deadpool Playstation 4
Deadpool Xbox One
Until Dawn Playstation 4
NBA 2K16 Xbox 360
Mortal Kombat X Xbox One
WWE 2K16 Playstation 4
WWE 2K16 Xbox One
NBA 2K16 Playstation 4
NBA 2K16 Xbox One
Just Dance 2016 Xbox One
Gosh I hope so. It's been pretty stable lately, and as a California resident, I'm ready to unload Redbox's games for them to GS for a 50% refurb fee.

WWE 2K16 Xbox 360
Deadpool Playstation 4
Deadpool Xbox One
Until Dawn Playstation 4
NBA 2K16 Xbox 360
Mortal Kombat X Xbox One
WWE 2K16 Playstation 4
WWE 2K16 Xbox One
NBA 2K16 Playstation 4
NBA 2K16 Xbox One
Just Dance 2016 Xbox One
I wonder how that works. I know a few games near me on that list but they don't show up on search anymore. Are they still in the kiosk and sell-able or gone altogether?

I wonder how that works. I know a few games near me on that list but they don't show up on search anymore. Are they still in the kiosk and sell-able or gone altogether?
The old direct links from yesterday still work and each game says "Coming Soon" now which is what they usually say when they pull them from the kiosk. However yes they do not show up on a search either which furthers me thinking they have been pulled from the kiosks or are about to be pulled.

So been working on improving BB to GS query as each time it is runs it has over 200 N/A GS SKUs. No matter how much string manipulation I do I am at the mercy of their site search engines. To remedy this I have implemented a new patch to the code in my app and have created a BB to GS sku repository so I can have more reliable complete results in the future with less time with me manually editing that query. (Takes 20-30 minutes to edit sometimes) this will be fully implemented in the next day or two.

I wonder why they don't do the cash same as credit in California. Is there a law hinders this? :whistle2:k

I'm assuming there is a certain time period legally they have to hold the item before they can sell it if you receive cash for it. I also assume the cash=credit promos are mostly to increase their higher end pre-owned inventories for a quick turnaround. That would also explaing the guarenteed $30 credit promos for new games so they can sell it right away. Once again this is an assumption and is straight out of my ass.

There is a 30 day hold thing they do in CA. Learned from friends that work at guitar center. Gives time for the serials to be matched to the pawned items database for stolen items.

Maybe that somehow relates.

There is a 30 day hold thing they do in CA. Learned from friends that work at guitar center. Gives time for the serials to be matched to the pawned items database for stolen items.

Maybe that somehow relates.
yeah, one of the managers mentioned they had to hold things rather than put them out immediately for sale. I also think the cash=credit thing went away when they started enforcing the fingerprinting for trade ins.

Yeah I mean that just seems kind of dumb to enforce that on games. If you trade in a game and only give the disc or the cartridge, there's literally no way to prove it was stolen, so the 30 day hold is pointless. This is why one GameStop near me in the ghetto always gets disc-only copies of new games the day they come out (some dude steals them from the Target next door and takes them right there; even though they know it's stolen, they can't do anything to prove it). I can see why they would do it for tablets/phones and consoles though

So been working on improving BB to GS query as each time it is runs it has over 200 N/A GS SKUs. No matter how much string manipulation I do I am at the mercy of their site search engines. To remedy this I have implemented a new patch to the code in my app and have created a BB to GS sku repository so I can have more reliable complete results in the future with less time with me manually editing that query. (Takes 20-30 minutes to edit sometimes) this will be fully implemented in the next day or two.
64012321.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back