GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question, I have an old 3ds xl, with the new promo it goes to $110 does that seem like a good price to get rid of it? Also would I need to include ac cable, I know the new ones don't have it and I could probably trade it in/sell it separately.
Its a good price but you would have to dump the charger too unfortunately.

Hmm, i got 15 and 25 cyber monday coupon left, what seems to be the ebst way to cash them out?  I alrteady got pokemon sun, moon, omega and sapphire in preparation to 1/1  50% bonus.  I believe i am all tap out on skyrim during last buy 2 get 1 free deal.

There are tons of credit movers and from what I see a couple boomerangs to assuming Best Buy and Gamestop values hold. Already have my 15 games on hold and going to pick them up tomorrow.
How do you have so many games on hold? Typically they only allow me to do like 3 before I get an error on their website. Even if I try another email, they seem to always send me an email the next day stating that they can't fulfill my hold or some BS like that.

Hmm, i got 15 and 25 cyber monday coupon left, what seems to be the ebst way to cash them out? I alrteady got pokemon sun, moon, omega and sapphire in preparation to 1/1 50% bonus. I believe i am all tap out on skyrim during last buy 2 get 1 free deal.
Honestly I think just using the coupons, maybe asking for a gift receipt, and then returning the game/whatever to another gamestop is your best bet. I believe they will give you store credit, but I could be wrong.

Well, if ordering 2 copies of the same game got you banned I think half this forum would be banned.
I hit some limit buying Starcraft LotV CE as GS website does not let me buy it anymore. Might've been 6 copies over a few weeks. I just get a generic "order can't be processed" message if I try to checkout. There is some kind of limit that tallies over time. I can still buy anything else just not that game.

I hit some limit buying Starcraft LotV CE as GS website does not let me buy it anymore. Might've been 6 copies over a few weeks. I just get a generic "order can't be processed" message if I try to checkout. There is some kind of limit that tallies over time. I can still buy anything else just not that game.
yeah this happens.. for some games it seems like maybe they never reset? I ordered some DS games a looooong time ago, but if I try to buy them now the order won't go through. I did find that you can call in and have a rep place the order for you (and you can just tell them any promo codes you want to use) and they generally are able to place an order for anything you ask for - just don't get too greedy.

Cash is live !!! hope my local G.S don't come up with the bullshit that we're are out of cash by mid-afternoon like the last year when they did it
Does the extra $5 credit coupon work on cash trades too now that cash is same as credit?
Can't believe they r open at 7am lol

Looks like I can trade in Pokemon Battle Revolution for $22ish with the 50% extra credit. That's tempted.

For those of you that bought Just Dance 2016 for $8 at Best Buy, it looks like the values held.

What are all of the GS to Best buy moverrs besides Skyrim that I see.
Dishonored 2 for PS4 and Xbox, Xcom for PS4 is a small mover if you use store credit. Handful of used games with B2G1 work well, Madden fifa, Watchdogs 2, FF XV

There are more than this but i don't feel like listing them all for the lurkers.

Edit: I would like to thank the 1st store i stopped at this morning, the Star Wars blackseries figures were ringing up B1G1. Most of the ones i grabbed were not on sale $19.99, but the 1st one he rang up was 12.97 and he just rang the rest up that way. Saved me like $40

So I went to a small GS about 20 minutes away this morning and was in and out in 10 minutes with some nice B2G1 flips and Ratchet. Went to my regular GS right after on the way home and the line went around the whole store and they have no preowned stock. Crazy.

I'm in CA so I wonder if the $5 coupon will work for trade credit still (and stack with the 50%).
Yes it will work for trade credit, just not cash (clerk tried and told me this when I tried with cash trade). It has worked for me in previous bonus trades.

Guys don't forget to use the $5 trade coupon! It should work with cash same as credit! (unless they make up some bullshit saying you need the card or it won't work on cash)

EBC3053891

Is promo still valid where you get $50 towards an Elite controller when you trade in a DS4 or Xbone controller? Can't find it on the website or app

Can someone steal ur Pro points balance or get into ur acct somehow if all they have is ur Pro card #? I put all my trade credit on a trade card not my Pur card but just wondering if anything bad can happen if someone came across a receipt that has ur name and acct # on it for a transaction that was paid with cash?

I mean do employees ever look up an acct by acct # if the customer forgot the phone # on the acct and didn't have the keychain card on them to scan?

Can someone steal ur Pro points balance or get into ur acct somehow if all they have is ur Pro card #? I put all my trade credit on a trade card not my Pur card but just wondering if anything bad can happen if someone came across a receipt that has ur name and acct # on it for a transaction that was paid with cash?

I mean do employees ever look up an acct by acct # if the customer forgot the phone # on the acct and didn't have the keychain card on them to scan?
An employee technically can by looking it up but then you'd get a notification that your points were redeemed through email. I don't see why an employee would try to do that though. Each transaction is logged by purchase and by store. With some detective work, the employee could just get caught and terminated.

If i use the $off coupons does it only tske off one item? For example i get a $50 $30 and $25 game and i use a $25 and $5 off coupon will it bring the 50 and 30 to 25 or just bring the 50 to 20?

What are the chances on getting on this deal if I bought the Luna ps4 at the beginning of the month and going in today to try andifferent getting the giftcard.

[attachment=24959:Screenshot_20161226-125143.png]

An employee technically can by looking it up but then you'd get a notification that your points were redeemed through email. I don't see why an employee would try to do that though. Each transaction is logged by purchase and by store. With some detective work, the employee could just get caught and terminated.
Oops I didn't mean the employee lol. I meant if some random person found a receipt in the parking lot, could they go shopping with my PUR Pro point balance (or trade credit if i loaded my pur card with the credit instead of a separate card) while instore if all they had was my acct # since the employee wouldn't be able to look up my acct by phone# coz random person wouldn't have my phone #... if that makes any sense lol. basically can anyone do any weird damage to our acct if all the random person has is just our pur pro # from the receipt? (Think trade credit would be safe too coz isn't the Pin# required to manually enter the card or load it into Gyft? And receipt doesn't display Pin#)

Oops I didn't mean the employee lol. I meant if some random person found a receipt in the parking lot, could they go shopping with my PUR Pro point balance (or trade credit if i loaded my pur card with the credit instead of a separate card) while instore if all they had was my acct # since the employee wouldn't be able to look up my acct by phone# coz random person wouldn't have my phone #... if that makes any sense lol. basically can anyone do any weird damage to our acct if all the random person has is just our pur pro # from the receipt? (Think trade credit would be safe too coz isn't the Pin# required to manually enter the card or load it into Gyft? And receipt doesn't display Pin#)
. I don't know you but your question is sounding pretty strange. You are just randomly asking just in case you ever lose a receipt? You needed to clarify with a long explanation? If anyone finds a receipt and tries to use it to redeem stuff we would only hope they would get caught, as they would be committing some type of theft.

Does anyone here still use the official best buy trade in app in the android store?

If so does it work just to look up current trade in values or would the app data be wrong because it hasnt be updated in forever?

Edit: nevermind looks like they removed that app altogether from the play store.

Basically just need a front end to the best buy trade in website since the store lags for me sometimes

My local store had a huge ass line. Outside of being too expensive for those of us with extra trade in credit to burn did anyone pick up the ff xv ps4 system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back