GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
My local store had a huge ass line. Outside of being too expensive for those of us with extra trade in credit to burn did anyone pick up the ff xv ps4 system?
I was so close to getting it only because I had credit burning a hole in my pocket but I couldn't justify spending that exorbitant price price over the $190 I paid for the uncharted bundle. Thanks but no thanks GS

Yea i agree. But all of the systems in my area have gone oos. And thanks to Blackbeard its pretty easy to build up more credit especially when i have extra. Im sort of waiting to see if it gets reduced in price outside of the current gift card promo. But was keeping an eye in it in my area and was really surprised to see it go from being available everywhere in my area to gone completely. I figured because of the price it would be available in store for a while.

My local store had a huge ass line. Outside of being too expensive for those of us with extra trade in credit to burn did anyone pick up the ff xv ps4 system?
I bought one at launch. Sold the controller for $110 and the game for $90 on ebay (before fees) to help mitigate the cost.

Couldnt find any used games worth trading over to best buy in my area so I grabbed a few copies of dishonored 2 and skyrim new. If the value somehow holds I'll do another round tomorrow.

Went ahead and got Pokemon Platinum, Titanfall 2 :xb1: and COD: IW :xb1: for around $80 today. Assuming values hold tomorrow, I should be able to trade those for $104 credits plus I'll be trading Just Dance 2016 :360: which should bring my total up to $128

. I don't know you but your question is sounding pretty strange. You are just randomly asking just in case you ever lose a receipt? You needed to clarify with a long explanation? If anyone finds a receipt and tries to use it to redeem stuff we would only hope they would get caught, as they would be committing some type of theft.
Well I hope if it ever happens they'll get caught. Was giving an example coz previous answer was about if an employee did that, not what I was asking lol but would an employee ever help a customer if the customer did that -_- I already do not like it when employees announce my points balance to the whole store and found that weird that GS puts ur acct # and trade card acct # without * on the receipt...other stores usually only list just last 4 digits after *
Not that random, I remember someone earlier in the thread mentioned their points were randomly redeemed for certs by someone else they didn't know, hope that never happens to me lol

Scenario where I combined B2G1 and Cyber Monday Certificate

FIFA 17 $37.99

2- $19.99 Xbox One Charge Kits

I used a $25 certificate, which I thought would go to one of the $19.99 items, ultimately making it useless - however, it took the $25 off FIFA, made it the free game, and I ended up paying $18 x 2 (PUR).

I may have lost a few bucks on potential but need to get rid of the excess coupons.

Started with $140 GameStop, BF1 from my Xbox and a few rewards certificates and ended up with $235 Best Buy and a used copy of Pokemon Moon. Checked the app and two of the certificates I used today are still there. Cool. :D

Started with a $50 cash outlay, ended up with a PS4 pro and flipped a couple copies of skyrim to Best Buy to get a 2tb hdd and Ponyo. Pretty great day!

Change the sheet to have an obscene message on it, or a funny one, and grant them access.
i would just put some really low value games that are cheap as really high values, then talk about the amazing boomerangs and step back and watch the lurker rage as they have to figure out why their games are all only trading in for 25 cents.

Still with dozens of people requesting access to the old sheet. Maybe I should just start giving access.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Fill it with garbage data, like reverse flips. Get some Cooking Mamas moving from Gamestop to Gamestop. Also some America's Test Kitchen for DS.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 trades for $35.2 in Cali, might be a good idea to dump your $25 BF copy. The game's ending is very, very bland, I just finished it yesterday, if I weren't a big DBZ fan I wouldn't have finished it despite my usual habit of finishing games I start.

i would just put some really low value games that are cheap as really high values, then talk about the amazing boomerangs and step back and watch the lurker rage as they have to figure out why their games are all only trading in for 25 cents.

Fill it with garbage data, like reverse flips. Get some Cooking Mamas moving from Gamestop to Gamestop. Also some America's Test Kitchen for DS.
Sorry for being a softy, but this is just mean. I don't have any better solution though

Have 30 bucks in credit and a 10 cert to blow so might just go the full Skyrim route.

Dragonball Xenoverse 2 trades for $35.2 in Cali, might be a good idea to dump your $25 BF copy. The game's ending is very, very bland, I just finished it yesterday, if I weren't a big DBZ fan I wouldn't have finished it despite my usual habit of finishing games I start.
Might've been worth keeping. BestBuy doesn't sell copies online, only in-store and seems like its really hard to find. Could be worth a sell on eBay or so pending prices. Kinda kicking myself for not picking up a copy

Have 30 bucks in credit and a 10 cert to blow so might just go the full Skyrim route.

Might've been worth keeping. BestBuy doesn't sell copies online, only in-store and seems like its really hard to find. Could be worth a sell on eBay or so pending prices. Kinda kicking myself for not picking up a copy
Really? I see a lot of them in my local GS, and still readily available on Amazon.

At one of my local stores today I bought :ps4: COD IW to boomerang. It had no case and upon further inspection in the car before exchanging it I noticed remnants of sticky residue on the inner circle and deep cuts on the inner circle on the artwork. I could only deduce this was a stolen redbox game as Redbox is not selling COD IW yet.

I confirmed with an employee that they do 50% bonuses in California not because they are breaking a law but the law requires them to hold the item for 30 days before selling it. I don't know how giving credit for items is different but he confirmed my suspicion that Gamestop is running the cash=credit promo hoping that people trade in their BF top shelf game purchases for cash and then flipping them back used in a very short period of time.

I confirmed with an employee that they do 50% bonuses in California not because they are breaking a law but the law requires them to hold the item for 30 days before selling it. I don't know how giving credit for items is different but he confirmed my suspicion that Gamestop is running the cash=credit promo hoping that people trade in their BF top shelf game purchases for cash and then flipping them back used in a very short period of time.
so was 50%/cash=credit only today or the week or what

so was 50%/cash=credit only today or the week or what
LEGAL - CASH SAME AS CREDIT

Offer valid 12/26/16 through 1/8/17. At participating stores. Offer not available in California. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Not all states provide cash.

LEGAL - CASH SAME AS CREDIT

Offer valid 12/26/16 through 1/8/17. At participating stores. Offer not available in California. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Not all states provide cash.
Thanks Senpai

Scored pretty well today with my usual X1 controllers and ac adapters. Also dumped a bunch garage sale and goodwill finds that have held some surprising value. Loaded up on some Pokémon games to try boomeranging tomorrow. If that goes well I may even try the credit moverás to BB. Gotta step up my cag game.

wait so its extra 50% on all items for cali residents?

my old persona q 3ds is $110 base.. hopefully this continues tomorrow.
Signage in store says the 50% is good only on games and accessories. But I'll be trying with my IPhone 6 later in the week to see if everything gets the bump or not. If anyone trades in a console or electronic item before then, please report back if the bump applies to everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back