GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn since when do bb tivs tank mid-day...thought i could do another run b4 the nightly reset ⌚.

At least i didnt start my run today
They have been doing these mid day tuesday tanks for a while. The quickest response was the Destiny one for what was it, The Taken King launch? I think that was nerfed in less than 4 hours.

Just wanted to say that I went to a Gamestop today, and a good friend/employee told me that the B1G1 collectibles applies to ALL clearance collectibles, not just the ones that are listed on the site. For instance, the employee told me about the Venom Play Arts Kai, and Eren Jagger statue, both for $80 I think, but wasn't listed on the B1G1 on the site. 

Just wanted to say that I went to a Gamestop today, and a good friend/employee told me that the B1G1 collectibles applies to ALL clearance collectibles, not just the ones that are listed on the site. For instance, the employee told me about the Venom Play Arts Kai, and Eren Jagger statue, both for $80 I think, but wasn't listed on the B1G1 on the site.
Hmm interesting. May have to check out my store. Do you know when this sale ends?

Anyone know if the Dualshock 4 base is the same as the website?
Traded one in today. It is the same, $24.50 base.

Wish my Gamestop had those in store. Mine is small, so doesn't have much. They did have a display of meh figures I saw a couple days ago, but was all gone when I went today.

So I used credit on the website to buy Xbox $s via an e-gift card. Several hours later, I still haven't gotten the email with the code.

Does GS usually take that long to fill the order of am I going to be chasing someone down in India/Phillipines tomorrow via phone?

So I used credit on the website to buy Xbox $s via an e-gift card. Several hours later, I still haven't gotten the email with the code.
Does GS usually take that long to fill the order of am I going to be chasing someone down in India/Phillipines tomorrow via phone?
Good luck to you, I had to call customer service and wait time was almost an hour.

My GameStops were hurting for stock. I couldn't find WD2, ​BioShock, AC: Ezio, NHL​, or ​Madden​ used on XB1, and only found Madden on PS4. I ended up taking new copes of DH2 and Steep with used copies of ​Madden, FIFA, and GTA V​ from GS to BB. Gonna maybe try again after work tomorrow, hopefully I can find NHL​ and a couple of other. I still have about $160 in GS credit to get out of there, I think.

You might have to speak to them - many have reported issues buying digital currency on their site with trade credit/gift cards - I'd highly advise anyone to do that and just do it at the store when you can. Saves you a headache.

Also the ones with 36 posts
This is a second account I had to make after being banned for cursing a troll like you off in the ce thread. I've been here a lot longer then you 2013. Sorry you got triggered and had to click on my profile.

I've bought psn credit once from GameStop online. The code was on the page after checkout for me so I could use it immediately, but I don't think I got an email until like 24 hours later or so.

This is a second account I had to make after being banned for cursing a troll like you off in the ce thread. I've been here a lot longer then you 2013. Sorry you got triggered and had to click on my profile.
Certainly using that second account wisely and staying off the radar!

The order is still "open" or processing (so no page with a code) but my GC balance has zeroed out and they charged my cc the difference. Lesson learned though. Just get the card in store.

The order is still "open" or processing (so no page with a code) but my GC balance has zeroed out and they charged my cc the difference. Lesson learned though. Just get the card in store.
I have an order still open from Dec 21. I bought digital hitman intro and upgrade packs. The website says give it 3 business days so I'll wait until the end of the week before calling.

Well, my other profile was banned after I trolled a chump like you. That user took the bait and started cursing...so easily triggered.

Anyways, fuck you, lurker. Numbers don't lie lmao

Anyone else getting "Invalid Card Number" errors when trying to check their Gift Card / Trade Credit Balances on the website?

GS site says:

LEGAL - CASH SAME AS CREDIT

Offer valid 12/26/16 through 1/8/17.

Does the concurrent cali 50% trade bonus usually go the duration of this deal? Thinking of ordering some stuff on their site to boomerang. 

GS site says:
LEGAL - CASH SAME AS CREDIT
Offer valid 12/26/16 through 1/8/17.

Does the concurrent cali 50% trade bonus usually go the duration of this deal? Thinking of ordering some stuff on their site to boomerang.
One or the other homie. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too...

Well, my other profile was banned after I trolled a chump like you. That user took the bait and started cursing...so easily triggered.

Anyways, fuck you, lurker. Numbers don't lie lmao
calling someone a lurker isnt an insult, sorry to break it to you big balls. The only people who care are nerd ass trolls like yourself that think theyre part of some exclusive group on the internet because of their post count lmao. Seems even more so on here because flipping games at gamestop is most likely your only source of income. Youre right, numbers dont lie. Grow up and get a life.

calling someone a lurker isnt an insult, sorry to break it to you big balls. The only people who care are nerd ass trolls like yourself that think theyre part of some exclusive group on the internet because of their post count lmao. Seems even more so on here because flipping games at gamestop is most likely your only source of income. Youre right, numbers dont lie. Grow up and get a life.
TRIGGERED! :)

I asked them yesterday and they told me I would lose the coupons if I did that. I'm skeptical though... Maybe somebody else can confirm.
That's true. If you return any games you buy with Reward certificates you lose them. I did what you're asking and the manager made an adjustment so I wouldn't have to cover the value of the cert. You may get by once, but it's a gamble.

That's true. If you return any games you buy with Reward certificates you lose them. I did what you're asking and the manager made an adjustment so I wouldn't have to cover the value of the cert. You may get by once, but it's a gamble.
i dont think anyones tried getting a gift receipt and then trying to return the game and get the full value back on a trade card.

triggered

Matt-Damon-Crying.gif

MRW looking through the thread updates this morning.  All I want is some GameStop deals.

i dont think anyones tried getting a gift receipt and then trying to return the game and get the full value back on a trade card.
That's true, but I'd imagine things would go down the same way. At the end of the day it all comes down to how the system tracks the method of payment. Whether you get a gift receipt or not doesn't change that.

Question for those who have used multiple Cyber Monday coupons on the same transaction:

Suppose I buy 3 games under B2G1 and use the following coupons

$19.99 - $5 coupon = $14.99
$37.99 - $25 coupon = $12.99

$37.99 - $25 coupo = $12.99 (free B2G1)

Would it work out this way, or will the coupons apply differently? I'll be stopping at a couple different stores to get what I need and I'd like to have a plan on what I'm getting at each store and which coupons to use. T.I.A.

Question for those who have used multiple Cyber Monday coupons on the same transaction:

Would it work out this way, or will the coupons apply differently? I'll be stopping at a couple different stores to get what I need and I'd like to have a plan on what I'm getting at each store and which coupons to use. T.I.A.
Would not work, you can't use two of the same value coupon.

That won't work because you can't use two of the same offer code on the same transaction.

Also, they won't pick and choose who gets the coupon. Everything pulls from the most expensive one until it's the free game and they get wasted.

Anyone else getting "Invalid Card Number" errors when trying to check their Gift Card / Trade Credit Balances on the website?
Thank god this is not just me, as I was getting worried that there was something bad going on with my account. It looks like it won't update/show your current trade balance on your PUR card when logged in to the site or app as well.

Discussing and reporting things like this here is about 100x better than dealing with their customer service to get to the bottom of things, and I am thankful for this community of "nerds", "trolls", "flippers", "lurkers", or whatever.

On that note, we should try to avoid fighting with stupid/difficult people and ignore them or report them to mods when their antics get out of hand.

Also, that link Blackbeard made to the "updated" spreadsheet was funny as s**t!

Something I noticed on a Gamestop run yesterday.  I had scoped out several area Gamestops and went to a location that had 6 games that I wanted to pick up.  When I got there, I saw several games that didn't appear online like FFXV and Ezio collection pre-owned and was surprised.  When I picked up the cases they each had a Trade Hold sticker from earlier in the month on them.  I asked the cashier, who was the manager at that time, and he said that he found a whole bunch of these games in a box and just had put them out.  So if you are looking for the higher value flips swing by a store anyways and see if they are on the shelf.  Can any Gamestop employees comment on whether a trade hold has to be manually removed for the stock to show up online or if the system does it automatically?>

In reality it would work like this:

$19.99

$37.99

$37.99 -$25.00 -$5.00 = $7.99 (Free Game)

Something I noticed on a Gamestop run yesterday. I had scoped out several area Gamestops and went to a location that had 6 games that I wanted to pick up. When I got there, I saw several games that didn't appear online like FFXV and Ezio collection pre-owned and was surprised. When I picked up the cases they each had a Trade Hold sticker from earlier in the month on them. I asked the cashier, who was the manager at that time, and he said that he found a whole bunch of these games in a box and just had put them out. So if you are looking for the higher value flips swing by a store anyways and see if they are on the shelf. Can any Gamestop employees comment on whether a trade hold has to be manually removed for the stock to show up online or if the system does it automatically?>
I had 2 preowned :pS4: FF XV show up out of nowhere yesterday morning after the local stores showed none. I actually reserved one and kept it ( free :) ). It looks like new gutted and not preowned.

Aside from not being able to use two coupons of the same dollar amount as already stated by others, it is important to know how the computer would process the transaction even if you only use 2 of those coupons.

Based on my recent experience this is how that scenario would likely look:

$19.99
$37.99

$37.99 - $25 coupon - $5 coupon = 7.99 (becomes free game and wastes some of your certificate value)

Maximizing the value of those certs without leaving wasted money on the table can be difficult even when you think you have the math down, because the computer is wonky in how it tries to allocate coupons to the most expensive game (even when using multiple coupons)

If you list out what coupons you have and what games/price points you are interested I may be able to help you on this.

Aside from not being able to use two coupons of the same dollar amount as already stated by others, it is important to know how the computer would process the transaction even if you only use 2 of those coupons.

Based on my recent experience this is how that scenario would likely look:

$19.99
$37.99

$37.99 - $25 coupon - $5 coupon = 7.99 (becomes free game and wastes some of your certificate value)

Maximizing the value of those certs without leaving wasted money on the table can be difficult even when you think you have the math down, because the computer is wonky in how it tries to allocate coupons to the most expensive game (even when using multiple coupons)

If you list out what coupons you have and what games/price points you are interested I may be able to help you on this.
Thanks! Given what everyone has said so far, it looks like it's hard to use multiples unless one game is considerably more expensive than the other two. So perhaps that means combining a ~$40 game with two others that are ~$15.

I have:

$5 - 1

$10 - 1

$15 - 1

$25 - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back