GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in Cali want to see if the 50% is still running? :whistle2:
Traded in four games today in Vegas and 50% was still active, vegas has the same rules as cali (no cash for trades so 50% bonus instead) although B2G1 is gone like everywhere else nationwide. One clerk thought the 50% trade promo ends tomorrow, another thinks it runs until 1/8 (like the cash=credit promo) so who knows how much longer it will run, but its definitely good still today.

Traded in four games today in Vegas and 50% was still active, vegas has the same rules as cali (no cash for trades so 50% bonus instead) although B2G1 is gone like everywhere else nationwide. One clerk thought the 50% trade promo ends tomorrow, another thinks it runs until 1/8 (like the cash=credit promo) so who knows how much longer it will run, but its definitely good still today.
Nice heading out now, thanks for the report

iirc the last time they had a cash = credit promo, the CA and NV stores had the 50% promo going on the entire time. So it stands to reason the bonus is still good for another week.

Damn can't believe I missed the b2g1. Went to a store yesterday for SFV and planned on going to another 2 for some more stuff, but ran out of time. Oh well I have almost every big release from 2015-2016 anyways. 

:wall: They look like they are doing server changes/maintenance. I keep getting incomplete results with retro all GS queries.

So I didn't notice it before but I recently made an online purchase and there is an outstanding authorization charge against my gift card which is screwing up my balance.  I placed a B2G1 order online a few days ago and the orders were broken up but the final games were shipped out last night (charged back on the 27th).  The balance on the gift when I check online and in-store (purchase receipt balance) were both short by $220+ but when I just called CS about the issue they said they see my current balance plus the outstanding $220 I thought I was short by.  Weird because when my order was first charged on the 27th the balance in-store was correct but last night (28th) I noticed it was off by the authorization amount.  I doubt many others were affected similarly, but just something to keep an eye out on your trade card balance.

Weird question, does Gamestop have a limit on how much cash they can give you if you decide to go the cash route with trade ins? I ask because there are a couple of things I like to trade in for cash as oppose to credit considering that they are offering same amount for cash. 

Weird question, does Gamestop have a limit on how much cash they can give you if you decide to go the cash route with trade ins? I ask because there are a couple of things I like to trade in for cash as oppose to credit considering that they are offering same amount for cash.
As much as there is in the cash register? There is a rolling 30 day cash trade limit too. I forget if it is $500 or $1000.

Wanted to say thanks to whoever posted that GS had the preowned rewards certificates on sale for Cyber Monday!

Was able to use mine to get Quantum Break for 13.XX and it had the Alan Wake code inside unused!

So I want to trade in my OG PS4 for a PS4 Pro, does Gamestop do system transfers in store? Or do I need to back it up beforehand?
:rofl:

Do system transfers in-store? In what amount of free space not taking up by toys, figures and other non-gaming items do you think GS would give you enough counter space to set up two system side-by-side? For hours?

Do gamestop sell King's Quest: The Complete Collection used? I got 15 credit cyber monday left over and i need to use it before ti expire... fast
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is codes for game download in the package, so no.

Guess I am wrong, TIV is only $3 for all platforms at the moment, so it might be kind of difficult to find.

If it expires Month/Day, you can use it on that exact day.

My Cyber Monday coupons expire 12/31 though - are you sure yours are 12/30?
Also, be sure to screenshot them or copy down the coupon codes if you're cutting it close. GS has a history of removing coupons from your active offers before they actually expire. Not sure if this is still an issue, but I've lost out on money before because of it.

If it expires Month/Day, you can use it on that exact day.

My Cyber Monday coupons expire 12/31 though - are you sure yours are 12/30?
Yeah I just double checked. Exspired 12/30. Weird. Thanks for the reply.
In the GS app the expiration date is 12/30, but on the PUR website (or if you printed the coupon) the expiration date is 12/31. It's the same coupon code/barcode, just with different dates.

With my 6 cyber Monday coupons (25x3 5x3) I was able to get Pokemon Moon, Sun, and two copies of Steep for PS4 that I traded into BB for $80. One set of coupons didn't disappear so I was able to use them twice, great deal! Turned $140 Gamestop and the certs into $270 BB and the two Pokemon games.

Starting to think I may actually be banned from gamestop.com. None of my orders have been processing since about Dec 10th. Kinda odd considering I only return things when they send me really shitty looking discs that obviously should have been resurfaced.

Probably YMMV, but my Gamestop store has a Buy 1 Get 1 Free on clearance items. I saw a sealed copy of Zelda Triforce 3DS ($25) and Bravely Second 3DS ($33) on the shelf with a clearance sticker on it. Basically if you buy Bravely Second, you get Zelda Triforce for free.

5c198d5a7f.jpg

Just traded in GOW4 at my local GS and no sign of B1G1 on clearance item. Saw Borderlands Claptrap and Batman Statue on clearance, would've been nice to get both for $120.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back