GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw the certs still work even if it says it expired yesterday.

Pokémon Soul Silver going for $50 at my store dang. I burned my certs on diamond instead

Wow my local GS are falling apart. One has a leak so they have a bucket catching water. The other is having technical difficulties and can only accept cash transactions.

no one will risk their account ban for your personal gain. just save your points for next cyber monday.
Perhaps a cuck would be more than glad to give reward certificates out for free that way. Saving points is exactly what I did all of last year and I got a good $100+ coupons

Thanks to whoever mentioned techromancer for Xbox one...perfect use of my last $15 cyber Monday cert. Was able to move $356 over from GS to BB between the certs and B2G1 this week. Great success!

Also picked up a black series Kylo Ren and Gronk with the B1G1 promo.

So it looks like I came out okay after all. My local GS called me up this morning saying the trade hold on FFXV for Xbone ended so I picked it up with $30 worth of certs, went to another GS with a PS4 version, picked that up with $30 of certs, and picked up a free copy of Capcom Digital Collection (a bunch of the games are also BC for Xbone) with my last $15 cert. Traded in both FFXVs at once and picked up a $20 Steam GC (they didn't have any $10s to sell me  :wall: ).

So 30k PUR points -> $75 preowned certs -> $45 GS credit, $20 Steam credit and a free $15 game. Not bad at all.

Thanks to this thread for telling me about the Cyber Monday certs and blackbeard for posting his flips.

Happy New Year everybody. :bouncy:

So it looks like I came out okay after all. My local GS called me up this morning saying the trade hold on FFXV for Xbone ended so I picked it up with $30 worth of certs, went to another GS with a PS4 version, picked that up with $30 of certs, and picked up a free copy of Capcom Digital Collection (a bunch of the games are also BC for Xbone) with my last $15 cert. Traded in both FFXVs at once and picked up a $20 Steam GC (they didn't have any $10s to sell me :wall: ).

So 30k PUR points -> $75 preowned certs -> $45 GS credit, $20 Steam credit and a free $15 game. Not bad at all.

Thanks to this thread for telling me about the Cyber Monday certs and blackbeard for posting his flips.

Happy New Year everybody. :bouncy:
Was this in Cali with the 50% bonuses? I'm headed out to trade in my FFXV today.

The GTA shark codes aren't printing it in store anymore with purchase of the game. Guess they ran out, might be the case online too so buyer beware.

Maybe this helps someone , some stores got a snorlax beanbag chair in. Been sold out for months online. Could save yourself a bundle just not paying the shipping.
SKU 129601

Thanks to whoever mentioned techromancer for Xbox one...perfect use of my last $15 cyber Monday cert. Was able to move $356 over from GS to BB between the certs and B2G1 this week. Great success!

Also picked up a black series Kylo Ren and Gronk with the B1G1 promo.
Yeah i also picked up a handful of the black series figures that were on clearance and some of the die cast vehicles. Think the best luck i had was when one store i went to the guy rang one of the clearance figures and rang the up as the same even though i had some of the new figures that just came out. Was surprised how many darth ravens i have seen.

Yeah i also picked up a handful of the black series figures that were on clearance and some of the die cast vehicles. Think the best luck i had was when one store i went to the guy rang one of the clearance figures and rang the up as the same even though i had some of the new figures that just came out. Was surprised how many darth ravens i have seen.
Yeah I wish I knew earlier in the week when I was at another store that has a ton of collectibles. Really considering driving back out there for open tomorrow but it's the opposite direction of my football plans....wish the sale went till Monday.

Someone traded in a mint complete Fire Emblem for Wii! After trade credit and a Cyber Monday coupon only paid $34 out of pocket. Not bad for finding this with all inserts and manual!

Strike one on online GameStop support. Waited 55 minutes, got a guy with pretty good English, he listened and generated a return label, said it was on its way to my email, my dumb self thanked him and got off the call before I checked for the label. 10 hours later no label.

A uhhhhh certain game I want won't let me put in a hold request for it and I got an email REALLY early this morning that it was unavailable. Now I can't request it from any stores. Think they flipped a switch on it or something and I should just go try to get it?
Man, the GS site is full of shit, at this point. I went to go get a last round of flips (using the B2G1 coupon I got from my PURP renewal, since the thing expires in 2 weeks), and I couldn't find about 60% of what I wanted to get that was shown as in-stock. I had to go across town instead. I was inaccurately told that the first store had ​Madden, The Last Guardian, NBA, Assassin's Creed, and I think something else. This was after I tried to put a hold on FF XV​, only to have it rejected, from another store a few days ago (and the site still says the store has it) The second store incorrectly stated it had AC: Ezio, I think Watch Dogs 2​, and another one or two. I didn't even care to go to the third store (where I tried to hold FF XV​ previously).

Man, the GS site is full of shit, at this point. I went to go get a last round of flips (using the B2G1 coupon I got from my PURP renewal, since the thing expires in 2 weeks), and I couldn't find about 60% of what I wanted to get that was shown as in-stock. I had to go across town instead. I was inaccurately told that the first store had ​Madden, The Last Guardian, NBA, Assassin's Creed, and I think something else. This was after I tried to put a hold on FF XV​, only to have it rejected, from another store a few days ago (and the site still says the store has it) The second store incorrectly stated it had AC: Ezio, I think Watch Dogs 2​, and another one or two. I didn't even care to go to the third store (where I tried to hold FF XV​ previously).
I recently found out that an online hold for an item doesn't take it out of local inventory. It seems to be a partially informal process.

I recently found out that an online hold for an item doesn't take it out of local inventory. It seems to be a partially informal process.
Well, I'm not just speaking to holds. I went to stores today that showed stock online, but they weren't there. I was in the store, nothing to be seen, even though the game was listed as available. Even now, the first store I went to shows a used copy of The Last Guardian​ available, but it wasn't there when I was. I ended up taking a 20-minute drive (one-way) to get it elsewhere, along with the other flips I wanted. The nice thing is that it took me to the one store with a used copy of Steep​.

Well, I'm not just speaking to holds. I went to stores today that showed stock online, but they weren't there. I was in the store, nothing to be seen, even though the game was listed as available. Even now, the first store I went to shows a used copy of The Last Guardian​ available, but it wasn't there when I was. I ended up taking a 20-minute drive (one-way) to get it elsewhere, along with the other flips I wanted. The nice thing is that it took me to the one store with a used copy of Steep​.
ya you need to reserve first if they said available. i think there online stock doesnt update until another day. ask the specific store associate probably has the most accurate stock info

ya you need to reserve first if they said available. i think there online stock doesnt update until another day. ask the specific store associate probably has the most accurate stock info
Nah, it seems to just suck. The Last Guardian​ isn't listed as available at the store I bought it from a few hours ago. However, it is still listed as available for the store I physically went to, only to find they didn't have it. I requested a hold on FF XV​ at the third store, and they rejected it, but the game is still showing as available on their site. I'm just not going to bother trusting the stocks for a bit, I feel this B2G1 and trade stuff has made it a bit messed up. Having a stock discrepancy on about 10 games I tried to get seems to be more than a simple anomaly.

This happens to me a lot. I go in at night asking for a specific game that shows in stock at a store and the night person is too lazy or dumb to find it. Then the next day I put a hold on the game online an hour before they open and magically it turns up when I go to pick it up.

This happens to me a lot. I go in at night asking for a specific game that shows in stock at a store and the night person is too lazy or dumb to find it. Then the next day I put a hold on the game online an hour before they open and magically it turns up when I go to pick it up.
I have that problem a lot this time of year. I blame it on the holidays and a small staff, their numbers are always off. As for the original poster, I usually buy one pre owned game and do a return rebuy at a store that has the other 2 games I need, I just explain to whomever helps me that the previous store I was at said it would be okay. Otherwise I hate trying to find one store that has the 3 games I need

I went into GS earlier today (in Cali) and traded in Final Fantasy XV ($40) as well as Assassin's Creed Syndicate ($16)...this was with the 50% bonus.  Sign was still in the window for 50% bonus too. 

Damn , didn't know the CAG goldmine, aka GS cag donations, was plaster ala viva vegas. Just finally figure out now how to re-enable cag user signatures and wow, wt fuck everyone bombarding you for.

Speaking of 50%..... anyone hear any rumors about the next time we're having that bonus nationwide? Would really like to trade in a bunch of retro stuff (would be perfect to get the $5 coupons working for this as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back