GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe it took me this long to figure out the Pokémon boomerangs. May the nostalgia train keep their values high for many moons to come.
Killed it last week with cali 50% and That was without loading up on GS online for more. A lesson for next time. Thanks cags and Blackbeard(!) for the info per usual. Finally generating lots of trade credit without bans by diversifying items. Retro is the next challenge.

Been flipping at farther and farther GS to keep things good at the local spot. Amazed to find out when the website says a store has something and it's not on the floor, that there really is stuff hiding in drawers. It just takes a competent staff member to put effort.

I have been using this site for awhile and I still can't figure out the Pokémon boomerangs. "/

Can't believe it took me this long to figure out the Pokémon boomerangs. May the nostalgia train keep their values high for many moons to come.
Killed it last week with cali 50% and That was without loading up on GS online for more. A lesson for next time. Thanks cags and Blackbeard(!) for the info per usual. Finally generating lots of trade credit without bans by diversifying items. Retro is the next challenge.

Been flipping at farther and farther GS to keep things good at the local spot. Amazed to find out when the website says a store has something and it's not on the floor, that there really is stuff hiding in drawers. It just takes a competent staff member to put effort.

Damn phone, it's hard to use this site on my phone. But anyways I've been using the site for awhile and I still haven't figured out the Pokémon boomarangs lol heard someone even mention it at Best Buy "/

So I've had an open digital order since 12/27. I'm assuming Gamestop will never fulfill it, right?

I've emailed multiple times with no response other than the auto email...
Don't ever buy digital from GameStop.com. I bought a $20 PSN code, waited about a week, contacted support (was on hold over an hour) and they said "You can't use your store credit to buy digital codes on the website" which I've done in the past with no problems but didn't feel like arguing with someone I could barely understand. They said they would cancel the order and I'd see the $20 back in GameStop account within 24 hours.

So, I wait three days... no $20. Contact support again and wait 1+ hour again and tell them I still haven't had my credit funded back to me and then after 20ish minutes of talking to the lady she said check your account and finally it was credited back.

Well this makes sense now from all the calls I've had to make about points haha
I checked this on Snopes dot com and it's confirmed.
GameStop customer service is handled entirely by two outsourced call center employees from the Pacific Rim that go by the name of "Abraham" and "Barbara".

They only hired 2 outsourced people from India to do it.
It's the American csr that's the problem. Twice I dealt with some ladies from TX and they both argued that price adjustments don't allow GCU. I argued a min then hung up. Called back at a late hour and got an Indian guy and he did the math and I received emails with the credit message while still on the phone with him. This was Bestbuy but the point is the same. I hope I never have to deal with a US CSR ever again.

Don't ever buy digital from GameStop.com. I bought a $20 PSN code, waited about a week, contacted support (was on hold over an hour) and they said "You can't use your store credit to buy digital codes on the website" which I've done in the past with no problems but didn't feel like arguing with someone I could barely understand. They said they would cancel the order and I'd see the $20 back in GameStop account within 24 hours.

So, I wait three days... no $20. Contact support again and wait 1+ hour again and tell them I still haven't had my credit funded back to me and then after 20ish minutes of talking to the lady she said check your account and finally it was credited back.
That's basically what I'm waiting on. I used GS credit and about $3 from my visa to buy a $20 Xbox code online rather than going in store. My order has been open for a week now.

Doesn't look like they be charged the GS giftcard though but I'm sure as soon as I use the giftcard, they'll process the order and charge my card on file.

Hey to those of you that informed be about the .6% extra thank you! Also, as for the extra 5$ coupon, it was unknown, to me. She just scanned it I didn't see it, how do I go about getting this coupon or having them use it again in the future?

Also I ordered some games from their online retro sale. I never received an email confirming the purchase or that the order has shipped, does anyone know if I should have received an email or no?

you got lucky they scanned the $5 for you. last week, cashier said free $5 PO with my trade-in, ended up PO RE7 as its a Jan release and will go back and collect once the game out.  lots of shady practice by gs cashier with these coupon. another cashier offered $5 off a pur membership as a "today special promo only" to another customer. 

My coupon from our day did not give the bonus to accessories
My Wii U remotes rang up more than the app so I got more than I expected so a win I guess :)

I meant the auto response. You usually get an auto response from Gamestop if you email them.
I don't think you get an auto response from the escalation group. Your basically going over the heads of the normal CS reps and straight to the people who handle really big fuck ups.

Anyone hear any news about the $5 bonus trade credit coupon? My local store shot me down with it today. I'm in there all the time and have a good rapport (though this one dude seems to not like me) and I asked him to scan the pic of it like my last trip. He said sure but then saw it was the $5 bonus and said "No, I can't. People have been getting fired over this. Only one use, and I've seen you use it before." I said I got another last night in physical form and he said ok. Looked for it, found it, then he changed his mind and said he needed that to throw out since I've used that same one..... then went to another store and they just automatically scanned one for me...
Did something circulate about people multi-using these?

Just wanted to clarify (from a couple pages back), that the 3.5mil cash for GTA5 is still active. Got my code today around NoonEST from a order placed last Thursday (that shipped that Friday). If you didn't get a code in-store, you need to go back and get your free 50$(MSRP) code.

In other random complaint news when did your renewal coupon ,b2g1, start only being good for two weeks? Seems like it used to be good for at least a month.

So I have a $15 certificate for pre owned stuff, that is going to expire soon and I don't know what to get. I wish they had the psvr stand used.

Received my 12 Pokemon's today from the b2g1 (used 9 Pokemon's and last guardian to trade up) Everything showed up fine except my Pokemon X, looks ugly and might get a refurb fee for it. Strangest thing is my Pokemon Moon and sun came in sealed (brand new).

Haven't been on here for a while...Is that 50% in CA still going on? I know the app still shows trade credit and cash as same value. Need to unload my copies of Mighty No. 9 and Dishonored 2.

I'm not positive I have a coupon, I kinda already bought one and then the dude refunded me back the money but I have the coupon code and everything in my possession, so its odd.

In case I can't hash out a deal with the guy or work out this crazy situation, I'll pay $25 paypal for the 50% coupon.

Does the 50% bonus trade in coupon work on just one item or is it the whole transaction? TIA

Any opinions on how likely the base $75 Xbox One and $125 PS4 trade in values will hold with the $50 bonus going on now?  I'm tempted to do a trade-in to upgrade.

Any word yet from GS "insiders" about when Switch per-orders will happen? I'm guessing late next week but whether it's a weekday or weekend will affect which store I go to. Would rather go to my main GS but it's a weekend-only destination for me.

Any word yet from GS "insiders" about when Switch per-orders will happen? I'm guessing late next week but whether it's a weekday or weekend will affect which store I go to. Would rather go to my main GS but it's a weekend-only destination for me.
Probably not until after Nintendo's big event on 1/12 at the earliest, so maybe that weekend (1/13-1/15)?

Any opinions on how likely the base $75 Xbox One and $125 PS4 trade in values will hold with the $50 bonus going on now? I'm tempted to do a trade-in to upgrade.
probably will hold, since you only get the $50 with the purchase of an xbox one s or ps4 pro. i could see the ps4 dropping to $100 though

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back