GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop only increased the price on Dragon Age Origins from 4.99 to 19.99.

Power to the Players!!

For anyone looking for a copy, it's $6.90 on Warehouse Deals (27 remaining as of this post)
Online it is $19.99 but Battlefield 3 is still $2.99 in store and DAO is still $4.99 in store according to the website. Should get them while you can as maybe they are waiting to do the change in store tomorrow as Wednesday is the weekly price change day.

Online it is $19.99 but Battlefield 3 is still $2.99 in store and DAO is still $4.99 in store according to the website. Should get them while you can as maybe they are waiting to do the change in store tomorrow as Wednesday is the weekly price change day.
Prices changed in store. I got an update on all the price changes today.

I played it when it first came out. Loved it. I just went for round two on Warehouse Deals. I should really check out DA:I at some point.
DA:I is a completely different animal DA:O. I stopped about halfway through DA:I and moved on to Dark Souls 3 which is taking most of my time nowadays. I found DA:I a somewhat sequential button masher or maybe that was just the style I was playing. Got bored with it.

My local GS already has a retro game case. It only has 3 games (2 GameCube and 1 N64).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I think it depends on the store. You're probably in a trial market area. I was in Gamestop the other day in CT browsing and saw about twenty-five nes carts piled up on the back counter. I asked to look at them and the guy said they were just traded in and not for sale and that they all had to go back to the warehouse for the website. Too bad... because the only way I would buy retro games from them is if I could look at them in my hand first and ensure condition and authenticity.

I have checked their retro website from time to time though and the stock is godawful anyway. Can't imagine how they could have such little for sale with 4000+ stores now accepting trade ins.

Got DAO for $4.49. It rings up $19.99 but if your local is like mine they were too busy to change the price sticker today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Trying to replace my son's 2ds, I can't seem to find a stylus for the one he chewed on lol. Do you guys happen to know the refurb fee? They offer $45 right now

New 2ds are in stock right now. I think it's a good idea to replace any if you guys are trying to. My sons is beat up, it works fine though but the battery dies way to quick.  They trade for 45 right now

I do have to replace the stylus though but Nintendo's site has those for 3.99 plus 4.99 chargers and $5 shipping. I might have to hop on that especially since I'm using 1 charger for 3 systems atm

I reported doing $1965 in less than a month last year and wasn't banned so the limit should be at least $2k. I'm pretty sure more than $1200 of that was in one week so you should be fine on that front too. I'm up pretty high now too with the 50% bonus that was going on in Cali and still no ban. You should be fine.
I did over $1600 in about 4 days or so & was slapped w/the ban last yr. Was banned after doing about $1900ish

~starlight~, on 11 Jan 2017 - 02:20 AM, said:
I did over $1600 in about 4 days or so & was slapped w/the ban last yr. Was banned after doing about $1900ish
Yeah, there are other ways to get banned as well though (going over the 4 item limit, Jr. Detective looking into your account, etc.) and I guess it's possible that you went over the $2k threshold without knowing it if you did $1900+. I can only relay my experiences. I specifically went up to $1965 to test whether the limit was $1500 or $2000 back when we were questioning that exact issue. And I was fine. YMMV.

Honestly disappointed that the deluxe Wii U's TIV tanked overnight, but I wonder if a promo towards the Switch is on the horizon.
I would doubt it as the WiiU will be all but obsolete and I doubt GameStop would want a bunch of used WiiU's sitting around. That would be like GameStop having an Xbox360 trade in bonus for the Scorpio.

I would doubt it as the WiiU will be all but obsolete and I doubt GameStop would want a bunch of used WiiU's sitting around. That would be like GameStop having an Xbox360 trade in bonus for the Scorpio.
Deader confirmed it (he works there). And wii u is the current model, so it would be more like gamestop offering a trade in bonus on the s model when scorpio comes out which I'm sure they will as well as with the original Xbox one.

Deader confirmed it (he works there). And wii u is the current model, so it would be more like gamestop offering a trade in bonus on the s model when scorpio comes out which I'm sure they will as well as with the original Xbox one.
That's true. I just don't see how GameStop would benefit from getting a bunch of used WiiU's. People would buy the Switch regardless. I guess as long as it guarantees that people buy the Switch from them instead of another retailer, that's reason enough. I feel like I just answered my own question. I'm proud of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back