GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
$50 for a Wii without Motion Plus is insane. They were just clearanced to $39.99 on Black Friday lol

My 3 Wii systems and 2 Black Friday N3DS systems alone will pay for my Switch, Pro Controller, and several games

Just came back from trading some stuff in. Used the additional +50% TIV coupon but noticed that my dualshock 4, move controller and a pair of xbox controllers did not boost while the rest being games did, I just decided to keep the accys til the next boost but thought it was strange.

Anyone had luck with accessories bumping automatically by scanning the coupon?

Well the Switch preorders have been up for like 20 minutes on Best Buy and Walmart, unlike the N3DS and NES Classic which both sold out in under a minute whenever they restocked. This bodes well for getting a preorder in store at GS  O:)

Starting tomorrow (barring any unforseen bugs) I will be including the new price (if applicable) for games in gamestop queries.

That way people can see if it cheaper to buy new for now on.

My holiday 2014 500 GB Xbone is starting to show its age, I think. My other one from the Best Buy glitch is still unopened to boot.

Value including the Switch bump is $175. Should I go for it or do you think anyone on Craigslist is gonna bother paying $200 for it at this point?

My holiday 2014 500 GB Xbone is starting to show its age, I think. My other one from the Best Buy glitch is still unopened to boot.

Value including the Switch bump is $175. Should I go for it or do you think anyone on Craigslist is gonna bother paying $200 for it at this point?
I have had my old 1tb listed for a few weeks and people want to pay less than $150 for it and don't seem serious about picking it up. I am going to jump on the $200 Gamestop is offering tomorrow, $175 sounds good for a 500gb.

Did pretty good with my Xbox One S upgrade, was $265 - $40(battlefield trade) - $30 gift card - $45 free controller - $35 free kinect adapter. If I can get $200 for my old one, that will be awesome.

I have had my old 1tb listed for a few weeks and people want to pay less than $150 for it and don't seem serious about picking it up. I am going to jump on the $200 Gamestop is offering tomorrow, $175 sounds good for a 500gb.

Did pretty good with my Xbox One S upgrade, was $265 - $40(battlefield trade) - $30 gift card - $45 free controller - $35 free kinect adapter. If I can get $200 for my old one, that will be awesome.
That's about what I expected. I guess I'll have to get started on moving shit over to the new one. Thank god for external hard drives.

Do you know what is required for the trade-in off the top of your head?

Yeah I decided to go with the 500gb S model and bought a 2tb hard drive for $50 at Walmart, so basically I got a new system and 2tb of storage and made about $45 on the whole deal.

Just the console, controller, power, and hdmi is required, basically whatever came with it. Mine has a few scratches on the matte finish top part so I hope that isn't an issue.

I have a Halo 5 Xbox One 1TB that I got from GS used Dec 2015 during a B2G1, I am considering trading it in if I can get $200 for it though I do like the design of it and the controller. I just scored a Xbox One S 500GB from AWD that came brand new for $187, though I do lose 500GB of space and the cool design. Hmm decisions.

Just a quick FYI for everyone that wants to take advantage of the Switch pre order bonus TIV on systems.

The promotion goes until 1/22 according to fine print on the sign at my local store. If you put the minimum $50 down in store in the morning you should be able to go back later and add a minimal amount of additional money ($5) towards your existing in store pre order to get the bonus without having to worry about pre orders selling out.

LOL, this is on the trade page on Gamestop.com. 

LEGAL - FREE T-SHIRT WITH TRADE

Offer valid 1/13/17 - 1/16/17. Limit 1 free item per transaction. Subject to availability by location.  Prices subject to change.  While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer.  See store associate for details.  No dealers.  Offer valid in the United States and Guam only.  Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Offer valid 1/13/17 - 1/16/17. Limit 1 free item per transaction. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
I wonder if trading in a cheap game would let you do this.

Just a quick FYI for everyone that wants to take advantage of the Switch pre order bonus TIV on systems.

The promotion goes until 1/22 according to fine print on the sign at my local store. If you put the minimum $50 down in store in the morning you should be able to go back later and add a minimal amount of additional money ($5) towards your existing in store pre order to get the bonus without having to worry about pre orders selling out.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try this method instead of lugging both my Wii U and Xbox One in the morning lol.

Damn.  I'm glad I waited (*ahem* too lazy to sell on craigslist) to get rid of my Xbox One.  I would have sold it for $120, but now I can trade it in to GS no hassles for $175.

The rare time I wish I had more gamestop credit -- so that I can pay off the Nintendo Switch in full, so that I won't have to pay the $22 tax on the system.

I hope I'm wrong, but there has to be a minimum TIV of $3 or something for that T-Shirt promo, right? Wouldn't it say it on the trade page though?/ If not I'm driving to every GS in my area and buying a new wardrobe with these boxes of worthless old 7th gen games I have. 

Too bad the wardrobe will be a bunch of nerdy shirts that will probably act as female repellent, but what else is new?  :D/

So...uh..does anyone know how long you can hold onto preorders?

After reading a bit more about the Switch, seems the best thing to do is to wait until Holiday since the library looks sparse until then. I would like to trade-in my Xbox One towards Switch, but don't plan to buy it until Mario releases in Holiday, and perhaps a price drop on the console.

Quick question, has anyone ever bought a used game from Gamestop online that their nearest store does not have in stock, just so you could return it and use a rewards coupon on it? I am thinking about doing it for Final Fantasy XV

So...uh..does anyone know how long you can hold onto preorders?

After reading a bit more about the Switch, seems the best thing to do is to wait until Holiday since the library looks sparse until then. I would like to trade-in my Xbox One towards Switch, but don't plan to buy it until Mario releases in Holiday, and perhaps a price drop on the console.
Nintendo doesn't do price drop, even on BF. they usually stick to their guns, maybe if you get lucky, they may throw you a bone/shovel ware.

Nintendo doesn't do price drop, even on BF. they usually stick to their guns, maybe if you get lucky, they may throw you a bone/shovel ware.
Wii U got a $50 price cut after 9 months. Perhaps if sales flag for the Switch, it will be the same. Or very likely Zelda bundle.

$225 for the bf1 Xbox one s is too good to pass up.

Will it only work if I can pre order a switch though? I can't go until after work.

3DS and WiiU both got one. Sure the Nintendo of old might not have done price drops but Nintendo today certainly does.

I didn't want the Switch but getting it for a little over $100 with my paperweight Wii U trade would be great. Unfortunately I can't get to a store until tomorrow morning so I'll have to hold out hope I can do it then. Otherwise I wonder if they'll let me trade toward a reservation of the Switch after the initial run? I don't need the thing the day of.

Offer valid 1/13/17 - 1/16/17. Limit 1 free item per transaction. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.
Wish GS still took kinect adventures i have like 10 copies of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I pretty much only use my XboxONE to play RareReplay and 360 games that I missed because I play everything else on my PS4.  

This Switch deal is intriguing.  I'm not a power up member though and I really like RareReplay.  Hmm...

My store is pretty small and they had 27 Switches available for preorder, and 5 Zelda BotW special editions for preorder. They said there were no Zelda master editions though, probably because the GS website fucked up and way oversold last night, and they had to use the allotment of in store preorders. I got there 10 minutes before they opened and was the 3rd in line. The 1st dude had been there since 2am and the 2nd dude had been there since 7am lol wtf

I felt VERY fortunate to get $180 cash for my 500GB VCR in December from a garage sale app, I would rather actually have traded it to GameStop for $175 in trade credit...

I hope so. I have a few wii systems to unload.

I got a preorder online. I should be able to still do an in store too right?
I believe it only applies to pre-orders made in store.

wow, I could get 195 for my wii u paperweight. Too bad my kids like playing it....
It doesn't sound like it's really a paperweight if the kids are actually using it. ;)

Just went to GS to trade in my Xbox One.  They had 25 preorders available, sign on the front door.  CSR said they got 9 pre-orders already within the half hour.  I didn't need to put any money down towards the Switch, which was great.  

$175 is damn good for the Xbox One OG, better than I could have gotten CL or eBay.  Now I just need to sit on the preorder until Holiday 2017, hopefully the Switch will drop $50 and then I'll only need to pay $75, or trade in some games to get credit towards it so I don't have to pay tax on the console.  Made out like a bandit.

So I am thinking of trading in the Wii Mini I picked up for cheap towards the Switch. I want to keep the Red Controller and Nunchuk. Can I trade in third party controllers or an old white controller with the remote plus adapter and not get docked?

So I am thinking of trading in the Wii Mini I picked up for cheap towards the Switch. I want to keep the Red Controller and Nunchuk. Can I trade in third party controllers or an old white controller with the remote plus adapter and not get docked?
Probably not a 3rd party controller but YMMV if you get an ignorant employee. Any Nintendo-brand controller will work though, color doesn't matter

Guy told me wiimote + motion plus <> Wii Motion Plus when trading in a Wii. YMMV though...

Just went to GS to trade in my Xbox One. They had 25 preorders available, sign on the front door. CSR said they got 9 pre-orders already within the half hour. I didn't need to put any money down towards the Switch, which was great.

$175 is damn good for the Xbox One OG, better than I could have gotten CL or eBay. Now I just need to sit on the preorder until Holiday 2017, hopefully the Switch will drop $50 and then I'll only need to pay $75, or trade in some games to get credit towards it so I don't have to pay tax on the console. Made out like a bandit.
Perhaps...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_value_of_money

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back