GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question

I want to trade in my PS4(500GB) console..yesterday I purchased online the PRO Membership, so for this console I would make 200 bucks for the Switch..thing is every Gamestop I have called no longer has the NEON one available for pre order, just the grey one..but on their site it shows this promotion goes til next Sunday..so would they still be able to honor the trade in value even if I cant pre order the console that I want? I dont want the grey one(Seems they have plenty of those available for pre order) just really want the Neon one
Just trade it in now and worry about the color later...

btw best buy sent out free $10 certs to email addresses if you didn't know. YMMV as I don't know if it was targeted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
My secondary account got one, but my main account didn't.

Went to use it on XBL credit and BBY is trying to charge tax. WTF? XBL charges tax when you make purchases too. Ugh..

damn feel so stupid right now. bought 173.54 worth of stuff (and so far got $254.12 back), BUT accidentally bought a XB1 copy of ME:C and realized it only trades in for 10.4 after the 20% bonus... and I opened it (facepalm). Here's hoping I can somehow return it to BB tomorrow... 

damn feel so stupid right now. bought 173.54 worth of stuff (and so far got $254.12 back), BUT accidentally bought a XB1 copy of ME:C and realized it only trades in for 10.4 after the 20% bonus... and I opened it (facepalm). Here's hoping I can somehow return it to BB tomorrow.
My brother did the same thing yesterday, and even had the ps4 version in his hand at the store but chose the XB1 copy haha. He even rubbed it on the side of the store to get the new feel off of it lol.

Blackbeard, how is UFC2 best in value at 20% extra credit but second best in value at 50% extra trade in credit?

*EDIT* er, viceversa

and the guys at my store had no idea about the free T-shirts. asked for my number and said will call me when they got the "list" of eligible games and tshirts. I guess that means no free tshirts for me lol

and the guys at my store had no idea about the free T-shirts. asked for my number and said will call me when they got the "list" of eligible games and tshirts. I guess that means no free tshirts for me lol
My store didn't know anything still either, so I just took a random shirt up that I wanted and had them scan it after the trade. It drops the shirt price to free automatically, so that's something you can do if they are clueless. Since the link of the list was posted here, we know which games qualify anyways.

damn feel so stupid right now. bought 173.54 worth of stuff (and so far got $254.12 back), BUT accidentally bought a XB1 copy of ME:C and realized it only trades in for 10.4 after the 20% bonus... and I opened it (facepalm). Here's hoping I can somehow return it to BB tomorrow...
Just take the L and trade that sucka in. Even with the $4 loss, you are still coming out on top.

Thank you everyone, just came back and made some decent trade ins. Got like 5 free shirts too. Hope I can get more before deal ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a pre-owned game from GameStop.com.

Someone in here said the return policy is actually 30 days, but all I'm on seeing on the website is 7. Am I boned?

The free t-shirt offer doesn't work if you take cash for the game. Taking credit and using a $5 coupon still works though
Can you get more than one free shirt per transaction? I have quite a few of the games on that list that I am going to trade soon. Does it stack with the 20% promo towards RE7? I'm going to guess its either free shirt or 20% extra trade value?

Can you get more than one free shirt per transaction? I have quite a few of the games on that list that I am going to trade soon. Does it stack with the 20% promo towards RE7? I'm going to guess its either free shirt or 20% extra trade value?
Only 1 free t-shirt per transaction regardless of how many games on the list you're trading in. It does stack with the 20% RE7 bonus

1 shirt per transaction. I tried two shirts with two eligible games and it didnt work.

Resident Evil bump and Tshirt promo works on same transactions as well.

1 shirt per transaction. I tried two shirts with two eligible games and it didnt work.

Resident Evil bump and Tshirt promo works on same transactions as well.
Where did you find the list of eligible games? On the website when I click the "See Eligible Games" button it just brings me to a store locator.

Where did you find the list of eligible games? On the website when I click the "See Eligible Games" button it just brings me to a store locator.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.com%2Fgs%2Fpages%2Ftrade%2Fimages%2FTshirtTradePromo.pdf%3Ftp%3Di-H43-8C-872-809Vje-1n-1oJKU-1c-806CgC-1ZA58k%26amp%3Bamp%26amp%3Butm_source%3Dlinkshare%26amp%3Butm_medium%3Daffiliate%26amp%3Butm_campaign%3Ddeeplink%26amp%3Bcid%3Dafl_10000087%26amp%3BaffID%3D77777%26amp%3BsourceID%3DFKSJxY2VJAk-j2J0.c5Prq0B3qhG.IUfhA&pid=13598397

here is the link, if your gamestop person is nice enough you can trade in each game separately and get a shirt for each one.

atm have 8 shirts gonna end today with 12.

Just a heads up, if you are looking to use Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster to move Best Buy Credit to Gamestop, don't be a dope like me and get Final Fantasy Type-0 HD instead. I was moving too fast and wasn't paying attention. Luckily that was only part of my trade so I still made out fine, but would've made out a lot better without that blunder. Didn't want this to happen to anyone else so figured I'd share.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 for PS4 is on clearance for $9.98 at Target. Here is the DCPI if anyone wants to check Target Brickseek: 207340040.

It was posted a couple of pages back.

On an unrelated note, yesterday when I was doing some trades and was waiting in line a crack addict came in and stole some of those Call of Duty drones that go for $100. All he had was a tote bag and no weapon from what I could see. There was only one employee and he didnt even bother to acknowledge or look at the crack addict stealing the drones. He didnt speak about it when I did my transaction or even look at what was missing.

Traded in $1050 in one transaction with 50% bump code ! Brought 2 games and 1 free tshirt which brought the total to $985 credit on a credit trade card. Trade credit cards max out at $1000. Even if I get banned it will be worth it 😎
Ufc 2, AC syndicate from Best buy were good flips. Unloaded most of my Black Friday and Holiday purchases. I'm good for a while!

Crap, I traded in a wii and only got $50. Is it possible to get the $65 price with a wiimotion plus attachment rather than the actual wiimotion plus controller? I'm an idiot for not including a wiimotion plus attachment for an extra $15 if so.
No or atleast extremely YMMV

wii motion plus attachment trades in for ~$2.75

Thanks for the heads up guys.  I stopped by BB on my way home and grabbed an AC Syndicate, traded it in for a profit and got a free shirt to give a relative out of the deal.  Might do another round tomorrow.

They've let me return preowned games purchased online up to the 30 day limit at least twice in my experience. YMMV I guess.
Fingers crossed. I don't want to be stuck with 2 copies of Capcom Digital Collection.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I stopped by BB on my way home and grabbed an AC Syndicate, traded it in for a profit and got a free shirt to give a relative out of the deal. Might do another round tomorrow.
Just did the same, thanks to blackbeard and everyone else for posting about the promos/trade bump. Got my bro a free $20 Dishonoured 2 shirt which'll make the perfect going back to college present for him. :bouncy:

the list of games that are eligible for free tshirt loads up for me here as a PDF file, its HUGE so takes like 1 minute to load for me

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/trade/images/TshirtTradePromo.pdf?tp=i-H43-8C-872-809Vje-1n-1oJKU-1c-806CgC-1ZA58k&cid=eml_10003492&fq=1&om_rid=1264640237&om_mid=31188
Bumping this in case others are trying to find it.

I am going to buy some games at Best Buy and flip for like the first time in over a year. Of course I have no idea what this $5 coupon or 50% thing is, but I guess I missed out on those (at least the 50% one anyway). I guess I can preorder RE7 even though I don't want it. Meh. Even without any bonus, though, it is worth it as my GS credit is running dangerously low.

Before I head out, are the $5 coupons available anywhere?

PO GCU prices > GS base

WWE 2K16 360 8.99 > 15
WWE 2K16 PS3 8.99 > 15
Madden NFL 16 PS3 8.99 > 15

ME Catalyst PS4 13.49 > 22
Madden NFL 16 360 17.99 > 15
Deus Ex PS4 17.99 > 17
Deus Ex XB1 17.99 > 17
Witcher 3 XB1 17.99 > 17
TMNT : Manhatten PS4 17.99 > 15

UFC 2 PS4 26.99 > 25
UFC 2 XB1 26.99 > 25
Mafia III XB1 26.99 > 22
Siege PS4 26.99 > 22
Primal XB1 26.99 > 22
Primal PS4 26.99 > 22
Zelda Twilight Princess for Wii U is another one you could add to this. I have seen it a couple of stores but it should be 26.99 at a $25 base at GS.

Also some other games i found that could work for some

Skate 3 for X360 was on clearance at my local walmart for $10 with a base of $15 at gs

Far Cry 4 for 360 is on sale at Amazon for 13.99 at a base of $17 at gs if any one is wanting to burn credit.

Anyone still have a scan of the 5 dollar coupon. Just left the house and forgot to grab mine

Bumping this in case others are trying to find it.

I am going to buy some games at Best Buy and flip for like the first time in over a year. Of course I have no idea what this $5 coupon or 50% thing is, but I guess I missed out on those (at least the 50% one anyway). I guess I can preorder RE7 even though I don't want it. Meh. Even without any bonus, though, it is worth it as my GS credit is running dangerously low.

Before I head out, are the $5 coupons available anywhere?
fbx2ro.jpg

I have 2 questions:

1) What do I need to include with my Xbox One for gamestop to accept it?

2) Is it possible to sell at one gamestop store toward the purchase of a switch but place the preorder at a different store?

Thanks guys

Zelda Twilight Princess for Wii U is another one you could add to this. I have seen it a couple of stores but it should be 26.99 at a $25 base at GS.

Also some other games i found that could work for some

Skate 3 for X360 was on clearance at my local walmart for $10 with a base of $15 at gs

Far Cry 4 for 360 is on sale at Amazon for 13.99 at a base of $17 at gs if any one is wanting to burn credit.
Thanks for mentioning Skate 3. I got a copy of it laying around when I bought an xbox 360 + games for $40. Sure does feel nice to make up nearly $20 just for that one game :D/

My town no longer has a gamestop. If I go to the one closest to me and trade in some stuff can I use the credit online. Wouldn't mind trading a wii for $50 towards the Switch 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back