GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glitch Alert.. At Gamestop You can buy Lego Marvel Avengers "Xbox One or Ps4" for $17.09 then trade it in for $24.20 store credit with Pur of course.. Have fun & enjoy..
I hope someday someone somewhere creates a spreadsheet to track prices and trade in values /s

Man love seeing people try to get as much as they can, sometimes I hate myself for being so lazy and not going out to do this would make my switch preorder cheaper 

Glitch Alert.. At Gamestop You can buy Lego Marvel Avengers "Xbox One or Ps4" for $17.09 then trade it in for $24.20 store credit with Pur of course.. Have fun & enjoy..
Thank you for posting information people can benefit from.

Unlike some critiquing your post.

i went to the store they out right deny me and say they are not doing it. Time to give them a bad review and chat with DM
Here's an idea:

Grab a shirt and a copy of bully 360 off the shelf (or another game in the list if that one is not in the store) and tell them to ring up bully 360 as a trade and the shirt as a purchase in the same transaction. Computer won't lie.

man, gs is literally giving away credits. too bad i'm force to sit this one out due to my temp ban from the 50% Cali boost in Dec.

Anyone know if its possible to make another pur acct to circumvent the 90 day ban? I'm assuming it should work on the 1st day before the system catches up and flag the account? am i correct?
It happened to me once and I opened another account in the meantime. You can open it in someone else's name if you like.

Is it safe to assume that Gamestop is exiting the tshirt business considering this promo? Hoping to find two shirts that I could maybe wear to the gym or something tomorrow when I make my rounds. 

I got the Chocobo Crossing shirt, the blue Mega Man shirt, the Capcom shirt with all their characters on it, the Skyrim shirt, and the PlayStation buttons shirt. Then I got several repeats for gifts

But yeah does anyone have any recommendations for decent shirts to get with the promo? Everything else I've seen I probably wouldn't wear

Hells yeah!
My favorite has been the gears of war 4 shirt its crazy soft.
Honorable mention to the call of duty shirts as well.

I was tempted to do separate transactions for extra shirts, but I didn't and only got one for yesterday and one for today (traded 5 or so eligible games).  I didn't care for any of the selection at my store and I would not wear or give them to anyone.  Doesn't help many were also XXL or XL as well, so even if someone would wear it for the design, they wouldn't due to the size.

I liked this one
129222b.jpg

So, I did some trades today and jr detective made me sign some printed forms for trade-ins, which would now be the 2nd time. I've only been requested to sign one a few weeks ago, all while being ringed by the same guy. I've never been requested to fill out any one of these before at any other store nor with another clerk. The form was a "Secondhand dealer trade form"

Is there anything to be concerned about?  

The white one with the classic PS logo has some serious shrinkage after 1 wash. Definitely go 1 size up if you consider that shirt

So, I did some trades today and jr detective made me sign some printed forms for trade-ins, which would now be the 2nd time. I've only been requested to sign one a few weeks ago, all while being ringed by the same guy. I've never been requested to fill out any one of these before at any other store nor with another clerk. The form was a "Secondhand dealer trade form"

Never heard of this, but just wondering - what'd they ask on it, and did you tell the truth? Sounds like he knows you're flipping for sure.

What state are you in?

The way the Switch bonus works is you have the add he amount to the pre-order first then trade in the system to get the bonus. Filling out a survey wont do much when its how its intended.

The way the Switch bonus works is you have the add he amount to the pre-order first then trade in the system to get the bonus. Filling out a survey wont do much when its how its intended.
Doing the trade first and then adding $5 of it towards the Switch preorder after worked for me

This happened to me only once back in December during the B2G1. I haven't had it happen again at any other GameStop. I traded in Pokémon White and had no idea what to put for "original date of purchase". Even if it wasn't a game that I just bought to flip, who would actually remember when they purchased an old DS game?!

Does anyone know how many of the same game I can trade in to GameStop during a year? I know that Best Buy it's only 3 of the same console per year. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of this, but just wondering - what'd they ask on it, and did you tell the truth? Sounds like he knows you're flipping for sure.
He basically told me it was protocol but I do think he might be on to something. I did see the form and it does show my drivers license no. and other user info. The form was titled as "Secondhand Dealer Transaction Form" or very similar.

I believe he might have tagged my account when I returned 2 of the same title/console back in december, he asked me why was I returning and I had told him they were unwanted/wrong gifts and I know he definitely wrote something down under my account, I believe he's not even store manager. In addition, this same guy shot me down when I tried to use a +$5 physical coupon since the coupon didn't came from his own store, even though it was signed/stamped. I thought this was utter BS but shut my mouth, thought it would be better on the long run. Will definitely avoid trading in while that guy is working...

Is there any way I can fill a survey without exposing any of my personal info? (in order to avoid people looking through my acct info and such) I've had few complaints over the course but I do hesitate to file a survey since I don't want anyone snooping in on my transaction history.

What state are you in?
Good ol' Texas my friend ;)

This happened to me only once back in December during the B2G1. I haven't had it happen again at any other GameStop. I traded in Pokémon White and had no idea what to put for "original date of purchase". Even if it wasn't a game that I just bought to flip, who would actually remember when they purchased an old DS game?!
I see, I wasn't required to fill any info other than my signature

Is it safe to assume that Gamestop is exiting the tshirt business considering this promo? Hoping to find two shirts that I could maybe wear to the gym or something tomorrow when I make my rounds.
More likely they are clearancing them out to create space in the stores and then we will see them again around next Christmas.

I got the Chocobo Crossing shirt, the blue Mega Man shirt, the Capcom shirt with all their characters on it, the Skyrim shirt, and the PlayStation buttons shirt. Then I got several repeats for gifts

But yeah does anyone have any recommendations for decent shirts to get with the promo? Everything else I've seen I probably wouldn't wear
I got a pretty cool looking Dr. Strange one today

Was it automatic or did they override it? Wasn't work yesterday or today for me but they might have fixed it later on.
It was automatic. I signed for the trade and then they added the $5 towards my Switch preorder, which changed the value of my Wii from $20 to $40. Then they scanned the code for the extra $10 for Pro members

I might have mentioned it before, but do you think GS would trade in a 3ds xl that is hacked? With system, they just have to make sure it turn on and then they wipe your data and do a factory restore. I want to trade in my xl but I am being kind of lazy about restoring it to original firmware. Is there an expiration on console trade in bump

I might have mentioned it before, but do you think GS would trade in a 3ds xl that is hacked? With system, they just have to make sure it turn on and then they wipe your data and do a factory restore
Correct. They will just turn it on and restore to the factory settings. They don't check anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back