GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what the limit you can have on a trade card? I recalled it is around $1k but wanted to make sure. Current card has $960 and planning to do another flip trip today that will easily go over.
On a similar note, is there a way to transfer the credit to another card? Current card is pretty old from all the swiping. I guess I could buy something for $1k and return for credit on a new card, but not a good option.
Limit on the card is 1k. Just ask for a new card there. As for transferring trade credit, not sure about that one.

So, is the 50/75 extra trade in towards a Switch still going on? Gamestop is getting more pre orders in? I was going to sell my xbox one locally but I'd be fine trading it in at Gamestop towards a Switch.
​I'm hoping they get more pre-orders in. I've got a spare x1 I'd def want to trade toward a Switch. I would much rather pickup the Switch from GS rather than wait for Amazon delivery as it's rather late here usually. Plus obviously much less out of pocket.

I'll help you then. Trade in only 1 game if you have multiples of the same title unless it's a different platform (1 ps4 ffxv and 1 xb1 ffxv). If you need to get rid of 2 on the same day, go in the morning and go at night to make sure you avoid the employees who open the store. Limit is 4.
Thank you for the clarification on my mistake. It's not an easy thing to ask for help.

Damn, this thread is hostile af. ck0 didn't even ask a question, all he wanted to do was to share some info with us. No wonder no one wants to answer anything anymore.

At the very least, she didn't inquire any further and you can always trade the other two into another store. I was able to trade 3 of the same game and the guy didn't really have much problem with it, but I've also had cases where someone would very reluctantly accept 2 copies and ask why I have multiples of a game. Usually a BS excuse would get them off your back. I'm gonna assume there's no actual limit set in place on how many they can take, and most employees don't even know about the 4 game limit as there doesn't seem to be anything written on paper, I think that was discovered by CAGs. It really comes down to what mood your cashier is in.
Yeah I've traded in two at once before with no problems. I guess I tested my limits with 3, just to save time from having to go to another GS store the other side of town. Luck was with me tho, because the other store the CS guy gave me one of those $5 trade-in boosts.

Thanks for the support. This forum seems to have a few nasty members that keep quiet until they see an opportunity to ridicule someone, and then they can't seem to hit the reply button fast enough to put others down, or post a gif. But when there is an opportunity to inform or help a fellow, they are nowhere to be found.

Damn, this thread is hostile af
This usually happens during these bump + TIV promo combos where it is easy to make some credit. People who usually don't follow the thread seem to get wind of it and the anonymous sheet users count usually shoots up from the normal 10-20 person average to 40-60 average. Most people seem to read and find out the information fine but there usually are a few that expect to be spoon fed information and it has happen a lot in the past so legit questions that are about common knowledge things tend to trigger some people myself included sometimes.

Can everyone click on the name of the game/accessory/console in the gamestop only sheets and get redirected to the local listings at gamestop.com?
Yes, goes to the "Hold for In-Store pickup" page for my local store when the item is in stock there or to the listing of nearby stores that carries the item if its not in stock at the local one. Never used the links before, but I will be now that's great, thanks!

Will gamestop trade straight across for a game? ex: used x360 game for a used ps3 game of the exact same title.
do you mean returning one for the other? that would depend on the price and you would have to pay any difference. if you are talking straight up trading, no, god no.

Can everyone click on the name of the game/accessory/console in the gamestop only sheets and get redirected to the local listings at gamestop.com?
Yeah. Tried that over the weekend and it worked great. I kinda expected the BB to GS sheet to do the same, though I certainly understand if that isn't easy or possible or whatever. Please don't mistake this as whining or criticism either way. Just saying that you spoil us.

Yeah. Tried that over the weekend and it worked great. I kinda expected the BB to GS sheet to do the same, though I certainly understand if that isn't easy or possible or whatever. Please don't mistake this as whining or criticism either way. Just saying that you spoil us.
I thought about that for the GS/BB sheet but i don't know what is more beneficial BB or GS location page. I guess it depends where you need to get it from. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to dynamically set it if there is a flip but I don't know how to handle if there are no flips and if it flips at both where does it go.

What's the difference between the regular wii and wii w/ motionplus for trade in purposes?

Is it a different SKU or will they give me the extra trade credit as long as the wii mote I include with the wii is a motionplus?

I thought about that for the GS/BB sheet but i don't know what is more beneficial BB or GS location page. I guess it depends where you need to get it from. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to dynamically set it if there is a flip but I don't know how to handle if there are no flips and if it flips at both where does it go.
Totally your call. I haven't the slightest clue how to improve any bit of this. Just pointing out how awesome it was on the GS sheet, and then noticing how much I missed the feature on the other sheet. Great work regardless.

Hey everyone. Just want to say thanks for all the info. Paid off most of my Switch/Zelda preorder thanks to all the info in this thread. Also scored some free shirts. Also, I was mainly looking at the thread in mobile and on tapatalk at first. Then I found the link to Blackbeard's mega spreadsheet of death using a normal browser. Man, great work on that. Thanks again all, and I will contribute when possible.

Literally any Wii console with a motion plus controller; the controller is what makes the difference.
Yep. I just traded in an original gc port wii with a beat up blue motion+ controller and they put it in as wii w/ motion+.

Between the $5 3ds (from Goodwill last week) and the $10 wii I got from a yard sale last year, I already have 185 of my switch paid off.
Awesome! Thank you very much for the info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

the promo for trading in towards the switch is back on the website. also, playstation move controllers are up to $15? i know they are used for VR but damn they were selling them for less than that early last year.

One of the gamestops I was flipping games at today, when I tried to trade in games he was able to see that I had preorders for res evil 7 at multiple stores and denied my trade. he was also able to see my online preorders and brought that up as well. I went to another gamestop to finish up and the trade went fine. What happened at that gamestop and how was he able to see everything? I'm worried my account will get banned and I'll lose my in-store pre-order credit and also my online preorders.

So if you do a trade in and get the bonus for pre-ordering (did the Switch promo), if you cancel the pre-order, the employee can take the bonus you were given?

the promo for trading in towards the switch is back on the website. also, playstation move controllers are up to $15? i know they are used for VR but damn they were selling them for less than that early last year.
Yeah they've been $15 for a while. I received $24 for each one during a 50% bump

So if you do a trade in and get the bonus for pre-ordering (did the Switch promo), if you cancel the pre-order, the employee can take the bonus you were given?
No. If they say they can, give them hell. Or walk away and contact the regional manager by survey from the website

The Lego marvel avengers ps4 game that i transferred from South Dallas to North Dallas yesterday magically found its way to a dufferent north Dallas GameStop only five minutes away today...

I know because I want a seventh Batman shirt.

I'm not too familiar with the Wii system but what does the Motion plus actually do & why do some controllers have it built in & others don't? If I try to sell the wii with a regular Wii remote will they actually notice??

So why would he care that you have online preorders?
I don't know probably because I have multiple preorders for the Zelda edition since I buy for myself and friends because I was the only one to stay awake all night waiting for preorders and I knew they would miss it.

Or simply transfer it over to another game down the road that will give you a different promo or a game you'll actually buy. Its not hard people.
That wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have $275 (a different employee yesterday put the whole $225 trade value on the pre-order or wouldn't have given me the bonus) on the Switch pre-order...

I'm not too familiar with the Wii system but what does the Motion plus actually do & why do some controllers have it built in & others don't? If I try to sell the wii with a regular Wii remote will they actually notice??
motion plus came out after the wii controller did, there was an add on that plugged in bottom but most are built in now. It gave it more accuracy/improvement the tracking of movement. I think some games require it.

ymmv on if they notice or not but I'd say yea they should know to look out for that.

One of the gamestops I was flipping games at today, when I tried to trade in games he was able to see that I had preorders for res evil 7 at multiple stores and denied my trade. he was also able to see my online preorders and brought that up as well. I went to another gamestop to finish up and the trade went fine. What happened at that gamestop and how was he able to see everything? I'm worried my account will get banned and I'll lose my in-store pre-order credit and also my online preorders.
Does anyone have any information on a situation like this please?

How many preorders we talking here? Why not go to the same store and just add money to an already exsisting preorder and simply cancel it or transfer the preorder to a different game later on?

If anyone else is having trouble reading that list of eligible games for a free t-shirt, here it is typed out:

AIR CONFLICTS PACIFIC CARRIER ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
7 DAYS TO DIE ( :ps4: )
AMAZING SPIDERMAN ( :360: )
AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 ( :ps4: , :xb1: , :360: )
ANIMAL CROSSING CITY (GM ONLY) ( :wii: )
ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF ( :3ds: )
ANIMAL CROSSING WILD WORLD ( :ds: )
ASSASSIN'S CREED AMER NO LIB 4 CD ( :360: )
ASSASSIN'S CREED CHRONICLES ( :ps4: )
ASSASSIN'S CREED EZIO (3 CD) ( :360: )
ASSASSIN'S CREED IV BLACK FL ( :ps4: )
ASSASSIN'S CREED SYNDICATE ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
ATTACK ON TITAN ( :ps4: )
BARBIE & HER SISTER PUPPY RESCUE ( :3ds: )
BATTLEFIELD 1 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
BATTLEFIELD 4 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
BIOSHOCK THE COLLECTION (2 DISC) ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
BLOODBORNE ( :ps4: )
BORDERLANDS 2 GOTY (2 CD) ( :360: )
BORDERLANDS HANDSOME COLLECTION ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
BULLY SCHOLARSHIP EDITION (BC) ( :360: )
CABELA'S AFRICA ADVENTURE ( :xb1: )
CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS ( :ds: )
CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 1 & 2 (2 CD) ( :ps3: , :360: )
CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 3 ( :ps3: , :360: )
CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS DECL ( :vita: )
CALL OF DUTY INFINITE WARFARE ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
CALL OF DUTY INFINI WAR W/MW4 REMASTERED ( :xb1: )
CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR (BC) ( :360: )
CAPTAINTOAD TREASURE TRACKER ( :wiiu: )
CREW ( :ps4: )
DARK SOULS 2 SCHOLAR OF 1ST SIN ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
DARK SOULS 3 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
DARKSIDERS 2 DEATH EDITION ( :ps4: )
DEAD ISLAND DEF COLL (DI1 ONLY) ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
DEADPOOL ( :ps3: , :360: )
DEAD RISING 2 HD ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
DEAD RISING 3 ( :xb1: )
DEAD RISING HD ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
DEAD POOL ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
DEUS EX MANKIND DIVIDED ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
DIABLO III ULTIMATE EVIL EDITION ( :ps4: , :xb1: , :ps3: , :360: )
DIGIMON STORY CYBERSLEUTH ( :ps4: )
DISHONORED 2 ( :ps4: )
DISHONORED DEFINITIVE EDITION ( :xb1: )
DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS ( :wii: )
DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS BST ( :3ds: )
DONKEY KONG COUNTRY TROPICAL ( :wiiu: )
DOOM ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
DRAGONBALL XENOVERSE ( :ps4: , :xb1: , :360: )
DRAGONBALL XENOVERSE 2 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
DRIVE CLUB ( :ps4: )
DYING LIGHT FOLLOWING ED ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
ELDER SCROLLS V SKYRIM SE ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
ELDER SCROLLS V SKYRIM LEGE ( :ps3: , :360: )
FAR CRY PRIMAL ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
FARMING SIMULATOR 15 ( :ps4: , :xb1: , :360: )
FIFA 16 ( :360: )
FIFA 17 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
FINAL FANTASY EXPLORERS ( :3ds: )
FINAL FANTASY XV ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
FINAL FANTASY X-X2 HD ( :ps4: )
FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING ( :3ds: )
FIRE EMBLEM FATES BIRTHRIGHT ( :3ds: )
FIRE EMBLEM FATES CONQUEST ( :3ds: )
FORZA 5 ( :xb1: )
FORZA 6 ( :xb1: )
FORZA HORIZON (BC) ( :360: )
FORZA HORIZON 2 ( :xb1: , :360: )
FORZA HORIZON 3 ( :xb1: )
GEARS OF WAR 4 ( :xb1: )
GOD OF WAR III REMASTERED ( :ps4: )
GODZILLA ( :ps4: )
GRAN TURISMO 6 ( :ps3: )
GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS ( :ps3: , :360: )
GRAND THEFT AUTO V BST ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
HALO MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION ( :xb1: )
HASBRO FAMILY FUN PACK ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
HYRULE WARRIORS ( :wiiu: )
INFAMOUS SECOND SON ( :ps4: )
INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US (BC) ( :360: )
INJUSTICE ULTIMATE EDIT (BC) ( :ps4: , :360: )
J-STARS VICTORY VS+ ( :ps4: )
JUST CAUSE 3 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
KILLER INSTINCT COMBO BREAKER ( :xb1: )
KINECT SPORTS RIVALS (KNR) ( :xb1: )
KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ( :ps3: )
KINGDOM HEARTS 2.5 ( :ps3: )
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D DDD BST ( :3ds: )
KIRBY TRIPLE DELUXE ( :3ds: )
LAST OF US REMASTERED ( :ps4: )
LEFT 4 DEAD 2 (BC) ( :360: )
LEGEND OF ZELDA LINK BETWEE BST ( :3ds: )
LEGEND OF ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK ( :3ds: )
LEGEND OF ZELDA OCARINA TI ( :3ds: )
LEGEND OF ZELDA SKYWARD SWO ( :wii: )
LEGEND OF ZELDA THE WINDWAKER ( :wiiu: )
LEGEND OF ZELDA TWILIGHT PRIN ( :wiiu: )
LEGO BATMAN 3 BEYOND GOTH ( :xb1: , :ps4: , :360: , :3ds: )
LEGO JURASSIC WORLD ( :xb1: , :ps4: , :360: , :ps3: )
LEGO MARVEL SUPERHEROES ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
LEGO MARVELS AVENGERS ( :ps4: , :xb1: , :360: , :ps3: , :vita: , :3ds: )
LEGO STAR WARS COMPLETE SA ( :360: , :ps3: )
LEGO STAR WARS FORCE AWAKENS ( :ps4: , :xb1: , :3ds: )
LIFE IS STRANGE ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
LITTLE BIG PLANET 3 ( :ps3: , :ps4: )
LUIGI'S MANSION DARK MOON BST ( :3ds: )
MADMAX ( :xb1: )
MADDEN NFL 16 ( :ps3: , :360: )
MADDEN NFL 17 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
MAFIA III ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
MARIO & LUIGI DREAM TEAM ( :3ds: )
MARIO KART ( :ds: )
MARIO KART (GM ONLY) ( :wii: )
MARIO KART 7 BST ( :3ds: )
MARIO KART 8 ( :wiiu: )
MARIO PARTY 10 ( :wiiu: )
MARIO PARTY 8 ( :wii: )
MARIO PARTY 9 ( :wii: )
MARIO PARTY ISLAND TOUR ( :3ds: )
MARIO SUPER SLUGGERS ( :wii: )
MASS EFFECT TRILOGY (5 CD) (BC) ( :360: )
MEGA MAN LEGACY COLLECTION ( :ps4: )
MINECRAFT PLAYSTATION 3 EDITION ( :ps3: , :ps4: , :xb1: , :360: )
MINECRAFT STORY MODE ( :ps3: , :ps4: , :xb1: , :360: )
MIRRORS EDGE CATALYST ( :ps4: )
MLB 16 THE SHOW ( :ps4: )
MONOPOLY FAMILY FUN PACK ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
MONSTER HUNTER GENERATIONS ( :3ds: )
MORTAL KOMBAT XL ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
MXGP 2 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ULT NINJA STOR 4 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
NBA 2K16 BST ( :ps3: , :360: )
NBA 2K17 ( :ps3: , :ps4: , :xb1: , :360: )
NBA JAM ( :360: )
NBA LIVE 16 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
NCAA FOOTBALL 2014 ( :ps3: , :360: )
NEED FOR SPEED ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS ( :ps4: )
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS BST ( :ds: )
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS 2 ( :3ds: )
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U ( :wiiu: )
NEW SUPER MARIO U / LUIGI U ( :wiiu: )
OVERWATCH ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
PAYDAY 2 CRIMEWAVE ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
PIKMIN 3 ( :wiiu: )
PLANTS VS ZOMBIES GARDEN WAR 2 ( :ps4: )
POKEMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE ( :3ds: )
POKEMON BLACK ( :ds: )
POKEMON BLACK VERSION 2 ( :ds: )
POKEMON DIAMOND ( :ds: )
POKEMON MOON ( :3ds: )
POKEMON OMEGA RUBY ( :3ds: )
POKEMON PEARL ( :ds: )
POKEMON PLATINUM ( :ds: )
POKEMON SOUL SILVER (GM ONLY) ( :ds: )
POKEMON SUN ( :3ds: )
POKEMON SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON ( :3ds: )
POKEMON WHITE ( :ds: )
POKEMON WHITE VERSION 2 ( :ds: )
POKEMON X ( :3ds: )
POKEMON Y ( :3ds: )
POKKEN TOURNAMENT ( :wiiu: )
PROJECT CARS ( :ps4: )
RAINBOW SIX SIEGE ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
RAYMAN LEGENDS ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
RBI BASEBALL 2016 ( :xb1: )
RED DEAD REDEMPT GOTY (2 CD) (BC) ( :360: , :ps3: )
RESIDENT EVIL 4 HD ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
RESIDENT EVIL 5 HD ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
RESIDENT EVIL 6 HD ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
RESIDENT EVIL ORIGINS COLLECTION ( :ps4: )
RIDE ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (VRC) ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
RORY MCILROY PGA TOUR ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
SAINTS ROW IV RE-ELECTED ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
SEBASTIAN LOEB RALLY EVO ( :xb1: )
SHADOW OF MORDOR GOTY ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
SIMS 3 ( :ps3: , :360: )
SIMS 3 PETS ( :ps3: , :360: )
SKATE 3 (BC) ( :ps3: , :360: )
SLEEPING DOGS DEFINITIVE EDITION ( :ps4: )
SNIPER ELITE 3 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
SNIPER ELITE 3 ULTIMATE ( :ps4: , :xb1: , :360: )
SNOOPYS GRAND ADVENTURE ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
SONIC & ALLSTARS RACING TRANS (BC) ( :360: , :ps3: , :wiiu: )
SONIC & SEGA ALL-STARS RAC ( :360: )
SONIC BOOM RISE OF LYRIC ( :wiiu: )
SONIC LOST WORLD ( :wiiu: )
SPLATOON ( :wiiu: )
STATE OF DECAY YEAR ONE ( :xb1: )
STREET FIGHTER V ( :ps4: )
SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD ( :wiiu: )
SUPER MARIO 64 DS ( :ds: )
SUPER MARIO ALL-STARS LE ( :wii: )
SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 ( :wii: )
SUPER MARIO LAND 3D BST ( :3ds: )
SUPER MARIO MAKER ( :wiiu: )
SUPER PAPER MARIO  ( :wii: )
SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL ( :wii: )
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BST ( :3ds: , :wiiu: )
SWORD ART ONLINE LOST SONG ( :ps4: )
TALES OF ZESTIRIA ( :ps4: )
TERRARIA ( :3ds: , :ps3: , :ps4: , :xb1: , :360: )
TITANFALL 2 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
TMNT MUTANTS IN MANHATTAN ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
TOMB RAIDER DEFINITIVE EDITION ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
TOMODACHI LIFE ( :3ds: )
TONY HAWK PRO SKATER5 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
TRACKMANIA TURBO (VRC) ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
TRANSFORMERS RISE OF DARK SPARK ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
TRIALS FUSION ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
UFC 2 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
UFC UNDISPUTED 3 ( :ps3: , :360: )
UNCHARTED NATHAN DRAKE COL ( :ps4: )
UNTIL DAWN ( :ps4: )
WALKING DEAD COMPLETE FIRST ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
WALKING DEAD SEASON TWO ( :ps4: )
WATCH DOGS (2 CD) ( :360: )
WATCH DOGS 2 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
WITCHER WILD HUNT ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
WRC 5 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
WWE 2K16 ( :ps3: , :360: )
WWE 2K17 ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X ( :wiiu: )
YOSHI'S NEW ISLAND BST ( :3ds: )
YOSHI'S WOOLLY WORLD ( :wiiu: )
ZOMBIE ARMY TRILOGY ( :ps4: , :xb1: )
ZOO TYCOON ( :xb1: )

Same thing happened to me but I just played it cool and he still traded me stuff

The losers at the stores should have printed out an EBC code and they need to use that to add the PRO bonus on the trade.

Also it's one bonus per transaction, tell them to do two and you can just add money to the existing Switch pre-order to get the trade bonus.
Just bumping this quote because I'm going in to trade two N3DS's in a couple hours, and thought this was important information in regards to the promo. Thanks for the info, and good to see you back! Seemed like you went MIA for a little bit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back