GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
motion plus came out after the wii controller did, there was an add on that plugged in bottom but most are built in now. It gave it more accuracy/improvement the tracking of movement. I think some games require it.

ymmv on if they notice or not but I'd say yea they should know to look out for that.
Thanks for the info!

Quick question. I'm About to go to GameStop and trade in all my wii-u games. Can I tell them I want to trade in everything towards resident evil 7 to get the bonus? Then just put $5 on the game and keep the rest on a GameStop card?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Thanks. I just got back from GS. I told the cashier that I forgot about my T-shirt and he re scanned my receipt and the T-shirt. It came up to $0 and he was surprised. So basically GS did not inform their workers about their own promotion (a lot of people got gypped). On my receipt it said "Promotion Not Found".

Also thanks blackbeard, I was able to get my B2G1 Proday coupon to work in-store and turned $55 credit into $103 credit (avoided the RE7 20% preorder).

I hope they bring back the t-shirt promo again soon, was this the 1st time they've ever done this promo? Saw some Disney Star Wars shirts I wanted if only I had more time to trade in more of my Pokémon games.

I do have to say the blue Gears of War Fenix shirt has the best fabric quality out of all the ones at the stores I visited... all my other free shirts feel very starchy lol

Quick question. I'm About to go to GameStop and trade in all my wii-u games. Can I tell them I want to trade in everything towards resident evil 7 to get the bonus? Then just put $5 on the game and keep the rest on a GameStop card?
Yes, but I never say "I want to trade these in towards x". I just trade my games and then say I want to put a $5 or $10 deposit on whatever game gets the bonus. I never mention promotions or anything like that, since they ring up automatically

On another note, anyone ever order games online for boomeranging? Or would the bumps almost always be over by the time you got your games?

YMMV but you may run across a employee that will give you a Dafuq look because you are only putting $5 down. Or asking about pre-ordering anything else and you already said no 5 times. Most of the time you will run across one that doesn't really care.

Yes, but I never say "I want to trade these in towards x". I just trade my games and then say I want to put a $5 or $10 deposit on whatever game gets the bonus. I never mention promotions or anything like that, since they ring up automatically

On another note, anyone ever order games online for boomeranging? Or would the bumps almost always be over by the time you got your games?
yeah dont bother with GS.com, let alone the super slow processing and shipping speed, you will very likely get a gutted or an even heavily scratched unplayable copy if you are ordering a disc. Personally I think its just not worth the hassle

B-ranged a new copy of Marvel Lego Avengers X1 for +$4 today. The nice thing is that I didn't even have to open it since it was an already opened "new" copy --- one less step --- Thanks GameStop! I was tired of opening all the shrink-wrapped AC Syndicate games from BB anyway.

I asked the GS employee if she could make a note on the receipt that it was a new opened copy in case I needed to return it, and she said it can't be returned since it's already opened...

Thanks Blackbeard and zlatour for the t-shirt promotion list. I hope that someday I meet you while I'm wearing my "I don't swipe right, I swipe up" t-shirt.

guys ill pay you for some advice ...

i am interested in buying

Mario Oddsy and that about it.. only 50$ worth of items

i want to take advanteage of the 25$ off 100$ promo but need another 60$ or so worth of ''flip games'' to maximize the use of my funds.

whast the higher flip right now that i ican go trade in tommorow and maybe pocket some coin?

B-ranged a new copy of Marvel Lego Avengers X1 for +$4 today. The nice thing is that I didn't even have to open it since it was an already opened "new" copy --- one less step --- Thanks GameStop! I was tired of opening all the shrink-wrapped AC Syndicate games from BB anyway.

I asked the GS employee if she could make a note on the receipt that it was a new opened copy in case I needed to return it, and she said it can't be returned since it's already opened...

Thanks Blackbeard and zlatour for the t-shirt promotion list. I hope that someday I meet you while I'm wearing my "I don't swipe right, I swipe up" t-shirt.
The swipe thing. What is that a reference to?

guys ill pay you for some advice ...

i am interested in buying

Mario Oddsy and that about it.. only 50$ worth of items

i want to take advanteage of the 25$ off 100$ promo but need another 60$ or so worth of ''flip games'' to maximize the use of my funds.

whast the higher flip right now that i ican go trade in tommorow and maybe pocket some coin?
The values are going to go down tomorrow, so I would check then

So I went today to try & sell my white Wii complete with a Wii motion plus remote built in for $35 before bonus. Again I'm not too familiar with the Wii so idk. She wanted to give me $20 for it. When I asked why she said because the system is the original one that let's you play GameCube games. The Wii motion plus is the one that has the door locked & won't let you play GC games. I told her that I though the Wii motion plus had to do with the Wii remote. She said no. When I asked are you sure? She said "Yes I work here". How can I argue with that? Is she right?

So I went today to try & sell my white Wii complete with a Wii motion plus remote built in for $35 before bonus. Again I'm not too familiar with the Wii so idk. She wanted to give me $20 for it. When I asked why she said because the system is the original one that let's you play GameCube games. The Wii motion plus is the one that has the door locked & won't let you play GC games. I told her that I though the Wii motion plus had to do with the Wii remote. She said no. When I asked are you sure? She said "Yes I work here". How can I argue with that? Is she right?
She's wrong. The Wii Motion Plus has only to do with the controller.

She is wrong as far as the hardware is concerned. GS trade value may be based on the model number of the console so she may be correct as far as the trade value.

I bought $107 worth of stuff online at Best Buy the other day and had no idea about the Visa checkout thing.  FML.

I did swing by GS again yesterday and traded a single Shadow of Mordor and got the $5 bonus applied again for a quick $11.99 -> $23.70 though.  And another free T-shirt.  I just wish my GS had the selection of shirts some of you guys are seeing.  I got an Arceus Pokémon shirt for my younger son this time.

This time the clerk handed me my own $5 coupon for later use (after scanning their register copy for my trade-in).  How long can these be used for?  There is no date on it other than a hand-written 1/15 and then it says valid for 2 weeks.  So I suppose I can get an override even if the computer doesn't automatically apply it, say, next week.

I bought $107 worth of stuff online at Best Buy the other day and had no idea about the Visa checkout thing. FML.

I did swing by GS again yesterday and traded a single Shadow of Mordor and got the $5 bonus applied again for a quick $11.99 -> $23.70 though. And another free T-shirt. I just wish my GS had the selection of shirts some of you guys are seeing. I got an Arceus Pokémon shirt for my younger son this time.

This time the clerk handed me my own $5 coupon for later use (after scanning their register copy for my trade-in). How long can these be used for? There is no date on it other than a hand-written 1/15 and then it says valid for 2 weeks. So I suppose I can get an override even if the computer doesn't automatically apply it, say, next week.
I don't have a response to your question, but I did flip a Shadow of Mordor GOTY for PS4 after work tonight that was on sale at Best Buy for $14.99. With GCU, it was $11.99, and after a $5 reward zone cert, I turned $6.99 into $18.70. I paired it with Far Cry Primal for Xbox One that was worth $24.20. It was exhilarating. Does anyone else get a euphoric feeling from flipping games at GameStop?

I don't have a response to your question, but I did flip a Shadow of Mordor GOTY for PS4 after work tonight that was on sale for $14.99. With GCU, it was $11.99, and after a $5 reward zone cert, I turned $6.99 into $18.70. I paired it with Far Cry Primal for Xbox One that was worth $24.20. It was exhilarating. Does anyone else get a euphoric feeling from flipping games at GameStop?
Does an uncontrollable erection count?

Last store i stopped at tonight i decided to do a cash trade to make up some of the funds i spent at BB with the past weekend flips. I didnt lose out on cash as i only did both lego marvel and mirror edge all preowned. The interesting thing was one of the customers that came in saw i was doing a cash trade and waited for 15 mins or so while i was talking with the mgr about some games. As soon as i was walking to my car, dude asked if i could throw him a few bucks. I told him hustling gamestop isn't easy and drove off into the sunset.

Found 2 Wii games at a local Goodwill and made one final trade to GS before the values tank. Paid 4.99 each for Mario Party 8 and Xenoblade Chronicles. Made out like a bandit with the 20% bonus and $5 coupon. Funny thing is, Xenoblade was a Pal version

[attachment=25162:IMG_9354.PNG]

Quick question that I bet some CAGers know; I'm trading in a bunch of Wii U games and frankly it looks like I can get around 33 bucks for many of them which is only a few less than ebay as long as I trade towards RE7. Can I trade towards multiple copies of RE7 to get the most out of the deal or can I only trade towards one copy with the 20% bonus.

Quick question that I bet some CAGers know; I'm trading in a bunch of Wii U games and frankly it looks like I can get around 33 bucks for many of them which is only a few less than ebay as long as I trade towards RE7. Can I trade towards multiple copies of RE7 to get the most out of the deal or can I only trade towards one copy with the 20% bonus.
If you plan to do it all in 1 transaction you can actually just put $5 on 1 copy of RE7 and get the bonus for everything being traded in.

Totally your call. I haven't the slightest clue how to improve any bit of this. Just pointing out how awesome it was on the GS sheet, and then noticing how much I missed the feature on the other sheet. Great work regardless.
If you guys do have improvement ideas don't hesitate to let me know.

Hi. I'm a long time lurker/ first time poster. Thanks for the hard work on this thread. I was able to get five t-shirts and about $125 bucks in trade credit. I even flipped 1 copy of marvel avengers in the same transaction to make $9. I probably could have gotten a t-shirt too if I had paid attention. Thanks again!

Never mind, WAY more than I expected. Got $340 for the few Wii-U games I had, and also getting $170 for my console at Amazon! I'll take $510 to be rid of the Wii-U era!!!

I don't have a response to your question, but I did flip a Shadow of Mordor GOTY for PS4 after work tonight that was on sale at Best Buy for $14.99. With GCU, it was $11.99, and after a $5 reward zone cert, I turned $6.99 into $18.70. I paired it with Far Cry Primal for Xbox One that was worth $24.20. It was exhilarating. Does anyone else get a euphoric feeling from flipping games at GameStop?
Haha. Yeah, kind of. Especially because I haven't been doing it as much as I did in my youth.

Swipe right references tinder, swipe up is pokemon go I believe; I could be wrong though I haven't played it before.
But if you are a real pro Pokémon Go player you don't swipe straight up. You swipe up and to the left. Make of that what you will.

So does anyone know the deal with the $5 coupons? (Specifically how long they will be good for).

So does anyone know the deal with the $5 coupons? (Specifically how long they will be good for).
I believe the terms were "good for two weeks" from a pro day in december. They still work in the system and I'm not sure if anyone knows for how long

I have a confusing 2ds question, brought it here because I bought a 2ds after some flipping.

I got a new 2ds with Mario kart installed on it. My son already owns Mario kart digitally and he has a Nintendo ID. My wife wants the Mario kart on her 3ds from the brand new 2ds but she has a Nintendo ID. Is there any way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back