GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the terms were "good for two weeks" from a pro day in december. They still work in the system and I'm not sure if anyone knows for how long
Gotcha. OK, well, like I said earlier, I guess I can push them if it doesn't work within 2 weeks from Jan 15th since that is the date they wrote on the card and it says "Valid for 2 weeks" (the 28th also works out to be about the same thing). Now just to find some other stuff to trade. If Best Buy sends me the AC Syndicate that I had to have shipped I'll use that.

I have a confusing 2ds question, brought it here because I bought a 2ds after some flipping.

I got a new 2ds with Mario kart installed on it. My son already owns Mario kart digitally and he has a Nintendo ID. My wife wants the Mario kart on her 3ds from the brand new 2ds but she has a Nintendo ID. Is there any way?
Yeah but it's pretty convoluted. You have to do a system transfer from your wife's 3DS onto the 2DS, and then the digital copy of Mario Kart 7 will be tied to her NNID. Then just do a system transfer back to her 3DS and she will have all her stuff back plus the Mario Kart 7. Then have your son recover his NNID on the 2DS (you may need to call Nintendo and have them remotely do it, if you don't have his original system) and he can redownload his Mario Kart 7 since he already had it.

Also, this won't work if your wife has a New 3DS (with the extra C-Stick nub on the right), because you can't transfer from a New 3DS system back to a 2DS or regular 3DS system

Yeah but it's pretty convoluted. You have to do a system transfer from your wife's 3DS onto the 2DS, and then the digital copy of Mario Kart 7 will be tied to her NNID. Then just do a system transfer back to her 3DS and she will have all her stuff back plus the Mario Kart 7. Then have your son recover his NNID on the 2DS (you may need to call Nintendo and have them remotely do it, if you don't have his original system) and he can redownload his Mario Kart 7 since he already had it.

Also, this won't work if your wife has a New 3DS (with the extra C-Stick nub on the right), because you can't transfer from a New 3DS system back to a 2DS or regular 3DS system
thank you, I read like 15 different Google responses and it took me reading your post to understand it.

I traded in my 3ds xl for $135, plus splatoon and Pokémon white 2 for $61 right before the store closed. My Switch is now pretty much paid off, thanks for all the help in this thread. Definitely getting a rise out of it, haha. Now I just gotta go back later and cancel my re7 preorder or transfer the credit to mass effect andromeda.

Found 2 Wii games at a local Goodwill and made one final trade to GS before the values tank. Paid 4.99 each for Mario Party 8 and Xenoblade Chronicles. Made out like a bandit with the 20% bonus and $5 coupon. Funny thing is, Xenoblade was a Pal version

IMG_9354.PNG
Nice! I love how cheap games are still out there thanks to clueless owners. Today I bought a pristine copy of Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for $10 off Facebook and I still can't believe it

This is so Nintendo® it hurts.

what time do the values update?

want to place an order but need 60$ worth of games to flip and make at least something off it

(my best buy is literally walking distance (rght next door) to best buy so its super convinient

what time do the values update?

want to place an order but need 60$ worth of games to flip and make at least something off it

(my best buy is literally walking distance (rght next door) to best buy so its super convinient
I think you mean your Best Buy is walking distance to Gamestop else wise I don't get it at all.

Ya boomerangs are gone

Game Date Cost Revenue Profit Profit%
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition PS4 1/15/2017 $13.05 $27.10 $14.05 107.66%
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition XB1 1/15/2017 $17.41 $27.10 $9.69 55.66%
Call of Duty Black Ops III 1/15/2017 $17.99 $22.00 $4.01 22.29%
LEGO Marvel's Avengers PS4 1/15/2017 $19.99 $28.60 $8.61 43.07%
LEGO Marvel's Avengers XB1 1/15/2017 $19.99 $28.60 $8.61 43.07%
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster 1/14/2017 $13.05 $19.50 $6.45 49.43%
LEGO Marvel's Avengers PS4 1/14/2017 $17.09 $28.60 $11.51 67.35%
LEGO Marvel's Avengers XB1 1/14/2017 $17.09 $28.60 $11.51 67.35%
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition PS4 1/14/2017 $13.05 $22.10 $9.05 69.30%
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition XB1 1/14/2017 $17.41 $22.10 $4.69 26.95%
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition XB1 1/14/2017 $17.41 $22.10 $4.69 26.95%
Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 1/14/2017 $17.41 $28.60 $11.19 64.28%
Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 1/14/2017 $17.09 $28.60 $11.51 67.35%
Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 1/14/2017 $17.09 ($17.09) -100.00%
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition PS4 1/13/2017 $8.06 ($8.06) -100.00%
Need for Speed: Rivals PS4 1/13/2017 $8.05 ($8.05) -100.00%
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir Storybook Edition 1/13/2017 $61.97 $22.10 ($39.87) -64.34%
Battlefield 4 1/8/2017 $9.79 $13.00 $3.21 32.79%
Mad Max 1/8/2017 $9.79 ($9.79) -100.00%
Need for Speed: Rivals PS4 1/8/2017 $9.79 $19.50 $9.71 99.18%
Need for Speed: Rivals PS4 1/3/2017 $0.00 $19.50 $19.50 #DIV/0!
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition PS4 1/2/2017 $12.77 $22.10 $9.33 73.06%
Resident Evil 4 1/2/2017 $12.77 $13.00 $0.23 1.80%
Total $368.11 $442.80 $74.69 20.29%

Thank you blackbeard and fams in this thread, as my table shows, I flipped $368 with purely GS credit + BB gf and $0 cash out of pocket, got $442.8 back in total including the $22 cash from Black Ops 3 because two kids wanted to buy it but had no ID. At the end of this flippageddon, I am left with 4 games I want to play, the collector's edition items from OSL, $74.69 profit, and 4 free t-shirts. Glorious days.

Never mind, WAY more than I expected. Got $340 for the few Wii-U games I had, and also getting $170 for my console at Amazon! I'll take $510 to be rid of the Wii-U era!!!
I'm torn about trading it in. On one hand, my WiiU gets used like once a blue moon, but on the other hand, it's pretty fun on that blue moon.

Always assume that Gamestop is going to screw you over.

Be pleasantly surprised when they don't.

Which is basically never.
I had a manager convert a new game to preowned so that I could use it for the B2G1. It was one of the better things I've ever had happen in Gamestop. He went out of his way to help.

I had a manager convert a new game to preowned so that I could use it for the B2G1. It was one of the better things I've ever had happen in Gamestop. He went out of his way to help.
I had this happen once before as well. It was really nice and saved me some time.
1 time I had a manager allow me to exchange a game I bought new sealed , opened it and didn't like for a different new sealed game.
That's individuals though.

have values updated or when does that happen?
If anyone is wondering the gamestop app TIV tanked at 1:45AM PST (4:45AM EST) and the website followed at 2:55AM PST (5:55AM EST)

I assume their internal systems change right around the time the app changed.

One time while visiting my local store I politely mentioned to the manager that I was going to purchase a certain game from Best Buy as it was on sale.  As an accommodation, he adjusted the price of the game to match the "pre-GCU" Best Buy price (nearest BB store is 1 hour away from me).  I didn't even have to threaten him with jar full of glitter or violence against their magazine rack!

I appreciated the gesture and bought it there as a result.  Going out of the way like that engenders good will and encouraged me to open my wallet.

Does anyone's else's local stores seem to put more of a priority on answering the  fuck ing phone and helping assholes who cut to the front of the line to ask not so quick questions? 

"Thanks for calling GameStop, your headquarters for free t-shirts, boomerangs, winks, nods and furious handies with calloused hands.  This is Mongo.  How can I help you?"

Does anyone's else's local stores seem to put more of a priority on answering the fuck ing phone and helping assholes who cut to the front of the line to ask not so quick questions?
My local stores ignore the phone if they're helping someone. It drives me nuts as the noise is irritating and I'm a pretty patient person so I'm fine with them having me wait for 30 seconds while they're on the phone.

Does anyone's else's local stores seem to put more of a priority on answering the fuck ing phone and helping assholes who cut to the front of the line to ask not so quick questions?
I traded in a PS4 and Wii towards my Switch preorder. Took damn near an hour between all of the phone calls and all of the customers that were assisted while I waited for the consoles to be tested. The associate was very helpful, but it was a ridiculous amount of time to wait.

On a separate note, I attempted to trade in an Xbox One that has issues. It doesn't power on, but the supply receives power. The store I attempted to trade it in to said they were uncertain, so they called another store. That store told them not to take it. I contacted a different store, and that 3rd store said it was fine so long as they charged a refurb fee. As the original store was processing the trade-in, the 3rd store called back and said that they were wrong and that they should not take it. I was pretty frustrated and disappointed by the end of it. I asked for the DM's number, just so I could have clarification of the policy, but they said they did not have a number.

I traded in a PS4 and Wii towards my Switch preorder. Took damn near an hour between all of the phone calls and all of the customers that were assisted while I waited for the consoles to be tested. The associate was very helpful, but it was a ridiculous amount of time to wait.

On a separate note, I attempted to trade in an Xbox One that has issues. It doesn't power on, but the supply receives power. The store I attempted to trade it in to said they were uncertain, so they called another store. That store told them not to take it. I contacted a different store, and that 3rd store said it was fine so long as they charged a refurb fee. As the original store was processing the trade-in, the 3rd store called back and said that they were wrong and that they should not take it. I was pretty frustrated and disappointed by the end of it. I asked for the DM's number, just so I could have clarification of the policy, but they said they did not have a number.
tellgamestop.com. A DM will contact you.

So I was happy to sell TONS of my Wii U stuff to GameStop yesterday for way more than I would have gotten on Amazon, but now today I realize I can't buy Amazon gift cards from GameStop.....? Anyone have info on this? My stores don't seem to carry cards anymore....

So I was happy to sell TONS of my Wii U stuff to GameStop yesterday for way more than I would have gotten on Amazon, but now today I realize I can't buy Amazon gift cards from GameStop.....? Anyone have info on this? My stores don't seem to carry cards anymore....
Nope, those were removed from stores last year (summer or fall).

Gotta keep up with the times...

I don't do a whole lot of flipping but did a couple yesterday before the day, but have a couple questions:

I did the 20% trade for RE7, and it's now tied to that as in when I look at my account, it shows the money going towards RE7 and not in my general trade credit.  Is there a way to use that for something else, or cancel the preorder? 

I went through the first page again.. so I can cancel the preorder and get the credit generically it looks like.

What is the 50% bonus trade day that's in blackbeard's spreadsheet?  When does that happen?

Thanks!

I don't do a whole lot of flipping but did a couple yesterday before the day, but have a couple questions:

I did the 20% trade for RE7, and it's now tied to that as in when I look at my account, it shows the money going towards RE7 and not in my general trade credit. Is there a way to use that for something else, or cancel the preorder?

What is the 50% bonus trade day that's in blackbeard's spreadsheet? When does that happen?

Thanks!
Isn't the 50% dead? Still some boomerangs with B2G1 $14.99 renewal I guess though the profit is small. I guess the points can make it worth it.

I did the 20% trade for RE7, and it's now tied to that as in when I look at my account, it shows the money going towards RE7 and not in my general trade credit. Is there a way to use that for something else, or cancel the preorder?

I went through the first page again.. so I can cancel the preorder and get the credit generically it looks like.

What is the 50% bonus trade day that's in blackbeard's spreadsheet? When does that happen?

Thanks!
The 50% bonus only applies to those who applied for/renewed PUR on Pro Day last October and received a coupon under Active Offers earlier this month.

Nice user+post combo. As someone already said, they were removed from most (all?) regions during the summer. I knew it was coming and still managed to get burned by my procrastination.

I was going to trade in a 3DS Majora's Mask and MK 8 for WiiU, but decided to wait for any potential new promos. I figured that the trade values would hold from over the weekend, but both dropped today. Do values tend to trend downwards, or will they Yo-Yo around? 

I got a 5 off 'promo not found' one day as an apology due to line wait and the guys asking ridiculous questions taking forever to make a purchase.
I could only imagine the non sense phone calls they have to be polite and respond to.

SORRY! The question was quick, but the answer was long-winded. Next time I'll wait in line. :)
It happens a lot at my stores, I am either waiting in line or being rung up and someone walks to the front and is like "Hey you got this insert random thing in stock?" and the cashier usually stops what they are doing to look it up on the computer and either checks the back or comes from behind the counter to grab the item off the shelf for the said asshole. It's been worse lately with the holidays and Gamestop cutting hours so there is usually one employee.

Does anyone else have an active offer of "Take up to $14.99 off any new Skylanders figure"?

Am I reading that right? Sounds like a totally free Skylander the way I'm interpreting it. It just seems too generous.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and forgot I was in the Skylanders Club. Nothing to see here.

Does anyone else have an active offer of "Take up to $14.99 off any new Skylanders figure"?
Am I reading that right? Sounds like a totally free Skylander the way I'm interpreting it. It just seems too generous.
GameStop is in the generous mood lately.
I did not get that coupon , mine are disappointing as usual.

Are you part of the Skylander's Club? If you are and you buy a certain amount of Skylanders they send you a coupon like that. However I signed up for it a while back when my kids were into it but I haven't bought one in almost a year and I got the same coupon back in November for no reason.

Are you part of the Skylander's Club? If you are and you buy a certain amount of Skylanders they send you a coupon like that. However I signed up for it a while back when my kids were into it but I haven't bought one in almost a year and I got the same coupon back in November for no reason.
Ahhh you know what I bet that would be it! I never buy Skylanders there but we did go in Saturday during the promo and buy some and I guess that triggered it. I completely forgot about that. Thanks for clearing that up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back