GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rookie question: I have 3 3DS systems I want to trade in. Is there a limit on how many I can trade in at once at a specific store? Thanks!

Rookie question: I have 3 3DS systems I want to trade in. Is there a limit on how many I can trade in at once at a specific store? Thanks!
I was told as long as they aren't the same paint job or model you're cool. If there is a switch preorder bonus you are going for then you need to do them individually so you get the proper bonus

I was told as long as they aren't the same paint job or model you're cool. If there is a switch preorder bonus you are going for then you need to do them individually so you get the proper bonus
Thanks for the answer. They're all different (white new 3DS, black XL, black OG). I probably need to order chargers for each of them...

Thanks for the answer. They're all different (white new 3DS, black XL, black OG). I probably need to order chargers for each of them...
Yea, chargers and stylus are required. The switch trade in bonus goes until Sunday I believe. An extra $30 each. And with anything just ask them if it's ok that you do that.

Yea, chargers and stylus are required. The switch trade in bonus goes until Sunday I believe. An extra $30 each. And with anything just ask them if it's ok that you do that.
I wasn't planning on doing the Switch bonus since I did my preorder at Amazon, so I guess I can't really benefit from that bonus if I'm trading straight for credit lol.

Has anyone successfully traded in an Xbox or PS4 and got the extra $75 bonus when Switch pre-orders were no longer available at their store? I noticed the promo wording has changed online from "Extra $75 towards Switch Pre Order" to "Extra $75 towards existing Switch pre order"... I assume I'm out of luck at this point for the extra $75...

You won't need a charger with the white new 3DS, confirmed by an employee in this thread and by 2 employees at my store. They may try to tell you that you need it but you don't. And yes you'll have no problem trading those three at once but as far as I know it's still unknown whether the Switch promo works on multiple systems in the same transaction

OK I can get inventory estimates again on demand if anyone is curious, now in half the time and using a larger sample size thanks to GS exposing their server for queries. 

Currently working on getting locations with in stock retro games since that was taken away from the webpage but easily obtainable now with the server.

Has anyone successfully traded in an Xbox or PS4 and got the extra $75 bonus when Switch pre-orders were no longer available at their store? I noticed the promo wording has changed online from "Extra $75 towards Switch Pre Order" to "Extra $75 towards existing Switch pre order"... I assume I'm out of luck at this point for the extra $75...
If you already have an existing Switch preorder and haven't paid it off yet then the promo will work through the 22nd. If you don't have a Switch preordered yet then you're out of luck

Yep, won't work. Always leave some wiggle room on your preorders and in your backseat when on a date.
Good to know. Already paid my Deluxe edition off (was doing the extra 20% along with the free tshirts promo and the guy just applied the credit to the preorder). Wasn't going to fight him about it as he was a nice dude and I'll get a gift receipt when picking the game up and returning it another day.

Question: is it possible to move like $5 off the paid preorder to another preorder game to take advantage of this 50% promo? Not a big deal either way for me as I already did a few trades past couple weeks with the extra 50% and the 20% with weekend boost. Just curious if anyone has done it successfully.

You won't need a charger with the white new 3DS, confirmed by an employee in this thread and by 2 employees at my store. They may try to tell you that you need it but you don't. And yes you'll have no problem trading those three at once but as far as I know it's still unknown whether the Switch promo works on multiple systems in the same transaction
Just remember, besides the computer system everything else is some sort of ymmv. Ask ahead or just go somewhere else if you have problems.

I wasn't getting all of my trade value towards the switch and home boy was arguing. I figured I would just come back later. The trade I did today went fine after the associate used her brain and found the "EBC" code to give me the missing $25 on my trade in.

[quote name="Confidance" post="13605308" timestamp="1484934208"]

@blackbeard4886

Could you retrieve this sku for me?

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

I cannot locate this sumbih anywhere. Thing is though, I have it in the app as tradeable but no one in the store could locate the trade.[/quot

thats been trading for $20 on Amazon lately.

OK I can get inventory estimates again on demand if anyone is curious, now in half the time and using a larger sample size thanks to GS exposing their server for queries.

Currently working on getting locations with in stock retro games since that was taken away from the webpage but easily obtainable now with the server.
Ex-KGB confirmed.

Ex-KGB confirmed.
I think GS lost money on Song of the Deep they seem to have a lot of on sale or clearance merchandise left. Here a few examples I found while testing the server code.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/pop-ridez-song-of-the-deep-merryn-sub-with-merryn/128854

New In Stock: 300
New Low Stock: 0
New No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 900 - 1800
National Range: 13302 - 26604
National Estimation: 19953
Estimate Progress: 100%
Elapsed seconds: 6.17

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/song-of-the-deep/128471

In Stock: 1
Low Stock: 87
No Stock: 212
Sample Range: 90 - 93
National Range: 1330 - 1375
National Estimation: 1352
New In Stock: 74
New Low Stock: 210
New No Stock: 16
Sample Range: 432 - 654
National Range: 6385 - 9666
National Estimation: 8026
Elapsed seconds: 6.194

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/song-of-the-deep/128472

In Stock: 0
Low Stock: 73
No Stock: 227
Sample Range: 73 - 73
National Range: 1079 - 1079
National Estimation: 1079
New In Stock: 31
New Low Stock: 249
New No Stock: 20
Sample Range: 342 - 435
National Range: 5055 - 6429
National Estimation: 5742
Elapsed seconds: 6.224

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/song-of-the-deep-ss-eirnin-statue/129232

New In Stock: 7
New Low Stock: 274
New No Stock: 19
Sample Range: 295 - 316
National Range: 4360 - 4670
National Estimation: 4515
Elapsed seconds: 6.223

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/song-of-the-deep-playing-cards/128990

New In Stock: 20
New Low Stock: 280
Sample Range: 340 - 400
National Range: 5025 - 5912
National Estimation: 5468
Elapsed seconds: 6.161

Just had bb chat deny me a price match on madden 17. Their excuse, they dont price match prime exclusive items. I tell them that anyone can buy it. They say no, because it has prime on it it means prime only.

I told them that last time they denied me because it didnt have prime on it so by their logic it wasnt shipped by amazon.

He says again, its a verified prime only purchase so we cannot match.

Best buy is the worst on this price match shit

Just had bb chat deny me a price match on madden 17. Their excuse, they dont price match prime exclusive items. I tell them that anyone can buy it. They say no, because it has prime on it it means prime only.

I told them that last time they denied me because it didnt have prime on it so by their logic it wasnt shipped by amazon.

He says again, its a verified prime only purchase so we cannot match.

Best buy is the worst on this price match shit
no kidding. first rep I tried said that. didn't bother arguing. next rep did the PM. I was however more prepared and introduced the PM saying this is not a Prime Exclusive deal, etc.

Looks like most stores are already stocked with copies of Resident Evil 7. Both :ps4: :xb1: have the same estimate of new copies for the standard edition. Judging by this I should be able to do the same with the Switch closer to when that comes out.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard/131611

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard/131612

New In Stock: 299
New No Stock: 1
Sample Range: 897 - 1794
National Range: 13258 - 26515
National Estimation: 19886
Elapsed seconds: 6.059

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard-deluxe-edition-only-at-gamestop/136801

New In Stock: 1
New Low Stock: 288
New No Stock: 11
Sample Range: 291 - 294
National Range: 4301 - 4345
National Estimation: 4323

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard-deluxe-edition-only-at-gamestop/136800

New In Stock: 54
New Low Stock: 245
New No Stock: 1
Sample Range: 407 - 569
National Range: 6015 - 8410
National Estimation: 7212
Elapsed seconds: 6.164

Looking to order a couple older new games off gs.com. I'm going to assume there is a decent chance that I get resealed. Anyone have experience with getting resealed copies?

I just tried to return a shirt I got off the "trade in a game get a free shirt" promo and was turned away. I had gotten it for my brother who didn't like it so I figured I'd take it back and get another one. The employee at the store had never heard anything about the promo (along with the other 2 stores I'd went to) so I'm just gonna have to go to my home store and try it. Just giving anyone a heads up who may try as well.

I think the Madden TIV dropped a few bucks this afternoon. Around noon I looked it up and it was $22 base, but by the time I hit up GS after work it was $20.

I never buy pops, but I liked Song of the Deep and I remember seeing a big pop for it with the Girl in the Sub and thought it looked awesome.

I went to a gamestop randomly yesterday and saw they had a few of those pops and it was on sale for $9.99.

Just a heads up in case anyone was interested in it. I bought one lol it looks neat. :p

So this 50% deal on RE7B is intriguing. Of course, im not a GS employee or tech, but the likelihood of GS loading a targeted promotion at 9 local time is low at best. To load a promo, the code would need a rewrite, and a refresh, which would momentarily disable or improperly jack the system. Again, im not in their tech deprtment, but thats a weird time to load a promo. Couple that with targeting a 3 hour window nationwide while the timezones differ peaks my pessimism.

Furthermore, guests who have the game preordered at mall stores that refuses to remain open past 9pm would be screwed.

I think this promo will be all day. At least, I hope so. I left a penny balance on my game for just that possibility.

So this 50% deal on RE7B is intriguing. Of course, im not a GS employee or tech, but the likelihood of GS loading a targeted promotion at 9 local time is low at best. To load a promo, the code would need a rewrite, and a refresh, which would momentarily disable or improperly jack the system. Again, im not in their tech deprtment, but thats a weird time to load a promo. Couple that with targeting a 3 hour window nationwide while the timezones differ peaks my pessimism.

Furthermore, guests who have the game preordered at mall stores that refuses to remain open past 9pm would be screwed.

I think this promo will be all day. At least, I hope so. I left a penny balance on my game for just that possibility.
My guess is it will be something they have to scan. That will leave a minimal impact on the system then and it's probably already in.

So I would have to call on Monday to see if they will have the %50 extra trade in credit promo. I called a store and they said they would be closed by the time this promo would start. I really need this promo.

so i traded in an OG xb1 today for 175$

is that a good deal? i should have sold it back in black friday anyone remember what they were going for then?

paid 250$ for it dec 2014 and got 40 hours out of need for speed 2015 so id say the 75$ loss isnt too bad

reason for selling is i already own a S version and i want to upgrade to scorpio holiday 17s

so i traded in an OG xb1 today for 175$

is that a good deal? i should have sold it back in black friday anyone remember what they were going for then?

paid 250$ for it dec 2014 and got 40 hours out of need for speed 2015 so id say the 75$ loss isnt too bad

reason for selling is i already own a S version and i want to upgrade to scorpio holiday 17s
175 is pretty good. i sold a new one for 200 before bf.

I never buy pops, but I liked Song of the Deep and I remember seeing a big pop for it with the Girl in the Sub and thought it looked awesome.

I went to a gamestop randomly yesterday and saw they had a few of those pops and it was on sale for $9.99.

Just a heads up in case anyone was interested in it. I bought one lol it looks neat. :p
I think GS lost money on Song of the Deep they seem to have a lot of on sale or clearance merchandise left. Here a few examples I found while testing the server code.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/pop-ridez-song-of-the-deep-merryn-sub-with-merryn/128854

New In Stock: 300
Sample Range: 900 - 1800
National Range: 13302 - 26604
National Estimation: 19953
Elapsed seconds: 6.17
I think every store in the country has at least 3 of these.

Thanks for the heads up. I am in the same boat, I have never owned any figures, but I do like the look of this one to go with my collectors edition.

I know people where saying how bad the new page to check in store inventory on the website and now I see why. They don't even show if it's low stock or in stock anymore. That's gonna make it a pain in the ass when looking for multiples.

gamerdad101, on 20 Jan 2017 - 6:16 PM, said:
My guess is it will be something they have to scan. That will leave a minimal impact on the system then and it's probably already in.
I'm betting that the 40% bonus will just apply automatically when an RE7 game purchase is made in the same transaction as the trades. I don't think they'll have to scan anything. They're only selling RE7 from 9pm-Midnight on Monday right? So there shouldn't be a complicated timeframe issue: any trades applied toward the purchase of RE7 on Monday would get the bump, but they're only selling the item during that timeframe which is why that's the only time they're advertising the bump. Also, if it's like past purchase-dependent bonuses, it won't matter if your preorder is paid off or not - you'll still get the bump when the purchase is added to the transaction. Guess we'll see...

I'm betting that the 40% bonus will just apply automatically when an RE7 game purchase is made in the same transaction as the trades. I don't think they'll have to scan anything. They're only selling RE7 from 9pm-Midnight on Monday right? So there shouldn't be a complicated timeframe issue: any trades applied toward the purchase of RE7 on Monday would get the bump, but they're only selling the item during that timeframe which is why that's the only time they're advertising the bump. Also, if it's like past purchase-dependent bonuses, it won't matter if your preorder is paid off or not - you'll still get the bump when the purchase is added to the transaction. Guess we'll see...
If it is automatic I am wondering if it will be active at 6PM PST

After the 50% early release RE7 trade promo ends on 1/23, the RE7 power trade promo will be increased to 30% (40% with PUR Pro) starting 1/24. It will be good until 2/5.

Hey blackbeard, with the new website have you figured out a way to check in store stock for items where you can't normally check in store stock? I'm trying to see if any nearby GameStops have a new Galaxy N3DS XL, but doing the old trick of replacing the correct item number and SKU on a different URL gives me a picture of the item I'm looking for with an error message that says "Availability cannot be checked for this product"

If it is automatic I am wondering if it will be active at 6PM PST
Thats my point. If its geared and tied to the pickup of re7, then it cannot happen until they decide to sell the game. When the first pickup happens, preorders are no longer possible if that makes sense. At least thats how it used to go when i managed one years ago...

Hey blackbeard, with the new website have you figured out a way to check in store stock for items where you can't normally check in store stock? I'm trying to see if any nearby GameStops have a new Galaxy N3DS XL, but doing the old trick of replacing the correct item number and SKU on a different URL gives me a picture of the item I'm looking for with an error message that says "Availability cannot be checked for this product"
Yes, just would need to know a zip code but I would say your chances are slim as only 3 in 300 stores had them in stock.

New In Stock: 0
New Low Stock: 3
New No Stock: 297
Sample Range: 3 - 3
National Range: 44 - 44
National Estimation: 44
Elapsed seconds: 6.0741488

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back