GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have to get two copies of Resident Evil 7. I bought a Wii U with some games and I'll trade them in to take advantage of that promo. I'm going on Tuesday to trade in some games and I'll go again when the Wii U arrives. Switch preorders aren't going to be available anytime soon so I can't take advantage of the Wii U trade in bonus.
Apparently, the 50% bonus only applies to games and accessories. I only mentioned that because you mentioned trading in your Wii U.

Shiiiiit this Switch is getting to be really expensive

$300 for the Switch

$100 for the Zelda special edition

$84 for the Zelda Amiibos

$60 for Mario Kart 8 deluxe

$50 for 1-2 Switch

Plus I gotta get Yoshi's Woolly World and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 in the next couple weeks, and get Zelda for Wii U as well, AND get Fire Emblem Echoes when that releases. Really wishing I capitalized more on the boomerangs last weekend :wall:
Paying $50 for 1-2 Switch feels so un-CAG. To each his own though.

im going to wait for the announcement for the ultimate collector's edition of 12switch, need dat piece of cow meat
I must ask... From watching a gameplay video, it really just felt like six quick mini games - similar to a shorter version of Wii Sports. Why is the game such an attractive item for so many - and that too at $50? Is it because it's "unique?" I'm just curious.

Apparently, the 50% bonus only applies to games and accessories. I only mentioned that because you mentioned trading in your Wii U.
I know that's why I mentioned the thing about the Switch. You can get an extra $75 extra in trade in credit for PS4, Wii U XBONE but they're not taking any more preorders.

Why is the game such an attractive item for so many - and that too at $50? Is it because it's "unique?" I'm just curious.
It's 2017 GOTY Duh!

kxuccz9zfanrujcravir.gif

I know that's why I mentioned the thing about the Switch. You can get an extra $75 extra in trade in credit for PS4, Wii U XBONE but they're not taking any more preorders.
Ah, I understand. I think I'm the only CAG who could care less about the Switch. I haven't been able to get my Wii U to recognize my wi-fi in order to log into the eShop since last summer, and I vowed never to buy another Nintendo system again.

Ah, I understand. I think I'm the only CAG who could care less about the Switch. I haven't been able to get my Wii U to recognize my wi-fi in order to log into the eShop since last summer, and I vowed never to buy another Nintendo system again.
I just want the trade bonus for preordering the Switch. I don't want it at the moment. I'm still interested in the Wii U tho unless they end up porting all the games to Switch :/

I think GS lost money on Song of the Deep they seem to have a lot of on sale or clearance merchandise left. Here a few examples I found while testing the server code.

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/pop-ridez-song-of-the-deep-merryn-sub-with-merryn/128854

New In Stock: 300
New Low Stock: 0
New No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 900 - 1800
National Range: 13302 - 26604
National Estimation: 19953
Estimate Progress: 100%
Elapsed seconds: 6.17

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/song-of-the-deep/128471

In Stock: 1
Low Stock: 87
No Stock: 212
Sample Range: 90 - 93
National Range: 1330 - 1375
National Estimation: 1352
New In Stock: 74
New Low Stock: 210
New No Stock: 16
Sample Range: 432 - 654
National Range: 6385 - 9666
National Estimation: 8026
Elapsed seconds: 6.194

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/song-of-the-deep/128472

In Stock: 0
Low Stock: 73
No Stock: 227
Sample Range: 73 - 73
National Range: 1079 - 1079
National Estimation: 1079
New In Stock: 31
New Low Stock: 249
New No Stock: 20
Sample Range: 342 - 435
National Range: 5055 - 6429
National Estimation: 5742
Elapsed seconds: 6.224

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/song-of-the-deep-ss-eirnin-statue/129232

New In Stock: 7
New Low Stock: 274
New No Stock: 19
Sample Range: 295 - 316
National Range: 4360 - 4670
National Estimation: 4515
Elapsed seconds: 6.223

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/song-of-the-deep-playing-cards/128990

New In Stock: 20
New Low Stock: 280
Sample Range: 340 - 400
National Range: 5025 - 5912
National Estimation: 5468
Elapsed seconds: 6.161
Can you predict their used pricing changes yet? This inventory data has some major potential. I am not smart enough to know what though.

The obvious next step of this thread is reverse engineering their pricing changes. So many other aspects of their policy have been deduced through the crowds data.

Tracking inventory changes over time correlated to price and trade in value? See if any trends appear.

Looks like most stores are already stocked with copies of Resident Evil 7. Both :ps4: :xb1: have the same estimate of new copies for the standard edition. Judging by this I should be able to do the same with the Switch closer to when that comes out.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard/131611
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard/131612

New In Stock: 299
New No Stock: 1
Sample Range: 897 - 1794
National Range: 13258 - 26515
National Estimation: 19886
Elapsed seconds: 6.059

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard-deluxe-edition-only-at-gamestop/136801

New In Stock: 1
New Low Stock: 288
New No Stock: 11
Sample Range: 291 - 294
National Range: 4301 - 4345
National Estimation: 4323

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard-deluxe-edition-only-at-gamestop/136800

New In Stock: 54
New Low Stock: 245
New No Stock: 1
Sample Range: 407 - 569
National Range: 6015 - 8410
National Estimation: 7212
Elapsed seconds: 6.164
This is powerful data for the flippers. Psvr, nes classic, etc. hit crazy high prices on eBay over holidays. The longer things stay out of stock...

Out of curiosity, what's psvr stock like? I noticed they restocked on the website a day or two ago. They're only doing bundles. They force you to buy more extras than you would normally because they know stock is low every where. It started when they first went out of stock a few weeks after release.

They already are doing the same with Switch. I searched it on the app today to show a picture of it to a friend and the only listings that come up are bundles. I think they're predicting low supply, so will only sell Switch in bundles with what trickles in from Nintendo after launch.

I've been out of the loop for a little while. Is the gs switch promo dead already due to no more pre-orders left? Or does everybody think gs will restock preorders later?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

anyone know if  you get any extra from trading in   ds lites   (just systems)    i got like  6 of  them from the goodwill flips i did  years ago

seems about 30 each i can get for them  from gamestop.. too bad none of them have chargers... still be about 20 each

Shiiiiit this Switch is getting to be really expensive

$300 for the Switch
$100 for the Zelda special edition
$84 for the Zelda Amiibos
$60 for Mario Kart 8 deluxe
$50 for 1-2 Switch

Plus I gotta get Yoshi's Woolly World and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 in the next couple weeks, and get Zelda for Wii U as well, AND get Fire Emblem Echoes when that releases. Really wishing I capitalized more on the boomerangs last weekend :wall:
Why are you buying that amiibo bullshit? The regular ones are overpriced and he breath of the wild ones are even more!

I must ask... From watching a gameplay video, it really just felt like six quick mini games - similar to a shorter version of Wii Sports. Why is the game such an attractive item for so many - and that too at $50? Is it because it's "unique?" I'm just curious.
I think its more than just what was showed at the event.

I am considering it as a thing to play with family and my kid. It does seem like it will be fun in the same way Wii sports was back then to play with people who don't or won't play videogames.

I think its more than just what was showed at the event.

I am considering it as a thing to play with family and my kid. It does seem like it will be fun in the same way Wii sports was back then to play with people who don't or won't play videogames.
I agree. I will certainly buy it once the price hits $30.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Has anyone bought an Xbox One S or a relatively new controller lately? I got my console last month and I've been gaming with the bundled controller that came with it. The home button is... strange. It's like sunken in and requires an uncomfortable amount of pressure to actually function the way it's supposed to. I whipped out the Lunar White controller that I have, and compared the two: it's night and day. No problems at all. 

Has anyone else run into this problem? It's pretty annoying. Thinking about either trading in the controller and eating the loss, or actually contacting Microsoft because it's that big of a nuisance to me. 

Has anyone bought an Xbox One S or a relatively new controller lately? I got my console last month and I've been gaming with the bundled controller that came with it. The home button is... strange. It's like sunken in and requires an uncomfortable amount of pressure to actually function the way it's supposed to. I whipped out the Lunar White controller that I have, and compared the two: it's night and day. No problems at all.

Has anyone else run into this problem? It's pretty annoying. Thinking about either trading in the controller and eating the loss, or actually contacting Microsoft because it's that big of a nuisance to me.
I have both of the controllers you mentioned. What I noticed is that the Home button on the Xbox One S controller is flush with the controller while on other controllers it's raised up a bit. I can't say I've noticed a difference in functionality though.

If you are thinking about trading it or contacting Microsoft it may help to just go to a Gamestop, explain your situation, and then just ask if they will let you try out one of their used Xbox One S controllers. The used controllers are usually kept in what I can only describe as a ziplock bag so opening one and resealing it shouldn't be a problem for them.

Yes, I mentioned this a while back when I first got my S and everyone told me to deal with it. I thought I got a defective one but I guess it's just a shitty design flaw.

I have a white S controller and the lunar white now; I've had the original black one and the Forza 6 in the past. I don't notice the home button issue, perhaps because my lunar white isn't that responsive either. I would say that the sunken home button is worth living with for the Bluetooth and the built in stippling on the back of the controller. The rubber grips on my lunar white have stretched and become loose over time, so none of these x1 controllers are really built to last unfortunately.

Now if we are complaining about the home button, can we please discuss the blinding lighthouse that is the home button? Why is it so bright I have no idea, and it's WHITE to boot, which is the worst kind of bright light for blasting into someone's face from two feet away. The biggest question is just why. Why??

I have a white S controller and the lunar white now; I've had the original black one and the Forza 6 in the past. I don't notice the home button issue, perhaps because my lunar white isn't that responsive either. I would say that the sunken home button is worth living with for the Bluetooth and the built in stippling on the back of the controller. The rubber grips on my lunar white have stretched and become loose over time, so none of these x1 controllers are really built to last unfortunately.

Now if we are complaining about the home button, can we please discuss the blinding lighthouse that is the home button? Why is it so bright I have no idea, and it's WHITE to boot, which is the worst kind of bright light for blasting into someone's face from two feet away. The biggest question is just why. Why??
I appreciate you guys warning the rest of us about the new Xbox One controller. I've been thinking about "upgrading" to a Slim but the more I read about it, the less I want one. Of course, I wasn't crazy about the Xbox One controller to begin with. The angular design and the little Hot Wheels tires on the analog sticks are just annoying. I wish they had just given us the option to use the 360 controller like on PCs.

Battlefield 1 DELUXE is $32 today ps4/xb1 with GCU @ Best Buy.  Current base is $27.50 before any promo boosts , get a few and trade in a few ;)  (Remember to keep or flip the DLC of course) If your local store is open for tomorrow's resident evil midnight release get the 50% boost or wait until next weeks 40% boost.  Use VISA checkout $25 off $100 if TRU CAG !

Battlefield 1 DELUXE is $32 today ps4/xb1 with GCU @ Best Buy. Current base is $27.50 before any promo boosts , get a few and trade in a few ;) (Remember to keep or flip the DLC of course) If your local store is open for tomorrow's resident evil midnight release get the 50% boost or wait until next weeks 40% boost. Use VISA checkout $25 off $100 if TRU CAG !
Where are you seeing a base of $27.50? I only see $25 base for GS and BB.

It'll be $32+tax and only trade in for $37.50 (remember, it's really a 40% bonus). Plus you'll have to buy several copies of RE7 because you can only trade in one of the same game at a time, unless they let you do one X1 copy and one PS4 copy at once

Imo not worth the hassle to move BB credit to GS, let alone actually putting out cash. Unless those DLC codes go for a lot

It'll be $32+tax and only trade in for $37.50 (remember, it's really a 40% bonus). Plus you'll have to buy several copies of RE7 because you can only trade in one of the same game at a time, unless they let you do one X1 copy and one PS4 copy at once

Imo not worth the hassle to move BB credit to GS, let alone actually putting out cash. Unless those DLC codes go for a lot
I sold one last week for 15

Can you predict their used pricing changes yet? This inventory data has some major potential. I am not smart enough to know what though.

The obvious next step of this thread is reverse engineering their pricing changes. So many other aspects of their policy have been deduced through the crowds data.

Tracking inventory changes over time correlated to price and trade in value? See if any trends appear.
Not yet as it takes a full 6 seconds to get a estimation (10-12 before the website change) and it would be easier to record and see changes if I included it during the automatic full scan (what I post the Google Sheets) but the full scan runs at a speed of 3-4 items a second. So to add that functionality I would end up taking about 6.25 secs per item * 7900+ items = 13.71 hrs to complete (Normally takes a little over 1 hour). So for now it is currently a case by case thing.

This is powerful data for the flippers. Psvr, nes classic, etc. hit crazy high prices on eBay over holidays. The longer things stay out of stock...

Out of curiosity, what's psvr stock like? I noticed they restocked on the website a day or two ago. They're only doing bundles. They force you to buy more extras than you would normally because they know stock is low every where. It started when they first went out of stock a few weeks after release.

They already are doing the same with Switch. I searched it on the app today to show a picture of it to a friend and the only listings that come up are bundles. I think they're predicting low supply, so will only sell Switch in bundles with what trickles in from Nintendo after launch.
GS actually made all the SKUS and ProductIDs for PSVR hardware not searchable now. But the last time I remember maybe a week ago the used system came up with about 77 units nationwide in stores and the new system was sold out still. The bundles were never searchable though since I think they are online only.

Not yet as it takes a full 6 seconds to get a estimation (10-12 before the website change) and it would be easier to record and see changes if I included it during the automatic full scan (what I post the Google Sheets) but the full scan runs at a speed of 3-4 items a second. So to add that functionality I would end up taking about 6.25 secs per item * 7900+ items = 13.71 hrs to complete (Normally takes a little over 1 hour). So for now it is currently a case by case thing.

GS actually made all the SKUS and ProductIDs for PSVR hardware not searchable now. But the last time I remember maybe a week ago the used system came up with about 77 units nationwide in stores and the new system was sold out still. The bundles were never searchable though since I think they are online only.
Wouldn't GS.com raise some red flags if you were spidering it for 14 hours straight?

I've got RE7 preorders at two different stores that are physically close to each other. One is PS4. The other is XB1. Thanks for the tip!

If anyone was still wondering about the nes classic inventories

Console:

New In Stock: 0
New No Stock: 300
Sample Range: 0 - 0
National Range: 0 - 0
National Estimation: 0

Official Extra Controller: http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nintendo-nes-classic-controller/136573
New In Stock: 0
New Low Stock: 1
New No Stock: 299
Sample Range: 1 - 1
National Range: 15 - 15
National Estimation: 15

Miniboss Wireless Controller: http://www.gamestop.com/nes/accessories/miniboss-wireless-controller-for-nes-classic-edition/136453
New In Stock: 192
New Low Stock: 108
Sample Range: 684 - 1260
National Range: 10110 - 18623
National Estimation: 14366

NES Classic Wired Controller by U&I Entertainment: http://www.gamestop.com/nes/accessories/nes-classic-wired-controller/138482
New In Stock: 196
New Low Stock: 104
Sample Range: 692 - 1280
National Range: 10228 - 18918
National Estimation: 14573

NES Extension Cable by Nyko: http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nes-extendlink-extension-cable-for-nes-classic-edition/136452

New In Stock: 215
New Low Stock: 85
Sample Range: 730 - 1375
National Range: 10789 - 20322
National Estimation: 15556

Edge Joystick for NES Classic Edition: http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/edge-joystick-for-nes-classic-edition/138443
New In Stock: 151
New Low Stock: 80
New No Stock: 69
Sample Range: 533 - 986
National Range: 7878 - 14573
National Estimation: 11226

NES Classic Deluxe Carrying Case: http://www.gamestop.com/nes/accessories/nes-classic-deluxe-carrying-case/138874
New In Stock: 230
New Low Stock: 28
New No Stock: 42
Sample Range: 718 - 1408
National Range: 10612 - 20810
National Estimation: 15711

I actually saw a NES Classic Controller at a fairly close GS a couple weeks ago...Should have bought it.  Didn't realize those were so rare as well in addition to the actual system.

I got an email about my Nintendo Switch pre-order saying they are offering the Trade In Promo to online purchasers and it had an EBC code in it.

Kinda dumb since you cant retroactively apply it to the order like at Amazon, but still cool

40%extra trade in promo during RE7's launch seems nice, but who is willing to bet the trade in values for games suddenly tanks the day of, making a great deal into a "meh, not so great" deal?

I wouldn't put it past them. I doubt most of the casual consumers who trade with gamestop ever check the values of their trades (days ahead of time) before going in.

40%extra trade in promo during RE7's launch seems nice, but who is willing to bet the trade in values for games suddenly tanks the day of, making a great deal into a "meh, not so great" deal?

I wouldn't put it past them. I doubt most of the casual consumers who trade with gamestop ever check the values of their trades (days ahead of time) before going in.
The values are already meh. No need for another tanking.

For those that preordered a Switch on GameStop.com, they're sending out these emails. I will post the EBC code once I confirm the ones I have are not one time use.

Dear Prison Mike,

Thank you for your GameStop.com Order #XXXXXXXXX for the Nintendo Switch! We are excited to inform you of a special trade-in promotion you activated with your pre-order of the Nintendo Switch. This offer is exclusive to online pre-order guests. From 1/23 thru 1/29, you can receive extra trade credit for your systems:

·        Receive $50 extra trade-in credit for any PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, or Playstation VR headset, on top of normal trade-in value. PowerUp Rewards Pro Members get more, and will receive $75 trade-in credit in addition to normal trade-in value!*

·        Receive $20 extra trade-in credit for any 3DS or Wii, on top of normal trade-in value. PowerUp Rewards Pro Members get more, and will receive $30 trade-in credit in addition to normal trade-in value!*

Simply show this email and your Nintendo Switch order confirmation email to a GameStop associate at your local store. The associate can use the following coupon codes to activate this offer:

·        PowerUp Rewards Pro Members: EBC3054791

·        PowerUp Rewards Basic Members/Non-PowerUp Rewards Members: EBC3054783

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing GameStop!

Have a wonderful day,

Your friends at GameStop

*Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Someone else who preordered it online should confer with Prison Mike and see if the EBC codes are unique or if it's a generic code. I got a couple more Wii's I'd like to dump lol

I feel bad for people who traded in their games and such for the 20% boost gamestop haz been offering for weeks only to get fucked over the day before release with an increase trade boost to 40-50%.

I feel bad for people who traded in their games and such for the 20% boost gamestop haz been offering for weeks only to get fucked over the day before release with an increase trade boost to 40-50%.
i dont, they did so during a stealth bump and got even more than we will even with a 50% boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back