GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the past two returns I made to gamestop, I returned an item that I paid partially with a credit card and partially with a gift card. Both times, I received the full refund to my credit card. The store associates did this automatically. I'm surprised they would just post the whole credit to my credit card. Is this a normal policy or did I just get lucky both times? Both purchases were online and were returned in-store (not sure that would make a difference).

(I know this isn't a trade-in related post, but I figured people who post in this thread might be familiar with this)

i dont, they did so during a stealth bump and got even more than we will even with a 50% boost
Agreed. You could get $24+ (forgot the number but it was around here) for Mirrors Edge l instead of $13.20 with the 50% included now. No comparison.
I feel bad for people who traded in their games and such for the 20% boost gamestop haz been offering for weeks only to get fucked over the day before release with an increase trade boost to 40-50%.
Gamestop...

smh

I have both of the controllers you mentioned. What I noticed is that the Home button on the Xbox One S controller is flush with the controller while on other controllers it's raised up a bit. I can't say I've noticed a difference in functionality though.

If you are thinking about trading it or contacting Microsoft it may help to just go to a Gamestop, explain your situation, and then just ask if they will let you try out one of their used Xbox One S controllers. The used controllers are usually kept in what I can only describe as a ziplock bag so opening one and resealing it shouldn't be a problem for them.
Yes, I mentioned this a while back when I first got my S and everyone told me to deal with it. I thought I got a defective one but I guess it's just a shitty design flaw.
I have a white S controller and the lunar white now; I've had the original black one and the Forza 6 in the past. I don't notice the home button issue, perhaps because my lunar white isn't that responsive either. I would say that the sunken home button is worth living with for the Bluetooth and the built in stippling on the back of the controller. The rubber grips on my lunar white have stretched and become loose over time, so none of these x1 controllers are really built to last unfortunately.

Now if we are complaining about the home button, can we please discuss the blinding lighthouse that is the home button? Why is it so bright I have no idea, and it's WHITE to boot, which is the worst kind of bright light for blasting into someone's face from two feet away. The biggest question is just why. Why??
Thanks for these responses. I just got home, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. This thing has been driving me crazy. I know it seems like a non-issue, but it is really annoying. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with it lol.

Does anyone know how much % gamestop takes off a trade for defective items, like controllers, or is it a case by case price difference?

I feel bad for people who traded in their games and such for the 20% boost gamestop haz been offering for weeks only to get fucked over the day before release with an increase trade boost to 40-50%.
I doubled my credit and got a bunch of free t-shirts.

EDIT: Forgot free WOFF and Mirrors Edge too.

So, the past two returns I made to gamestop, I returned an item that I paid partially with a credit card and partially with a gift card. Both times, I received the full refund to my credit card. The store associates did this automatically. I'm surprised they would just post the whole credit to my credit card. Is this a normal policy or did I just get lucky both times? Both purchases were online and were returned in-store (not sure that would make a difference).

(I know this isn't a trade-in related post, but I figured people who post in this thread might be familiar with this)
I've never done an online to store return, so it is possible that they either didn't notice/too lazy to see what method you paid, gift cards work differently, or you just got lucky. Like with gift cards, if you have under $5 or less, you can just cash it out. Most of us here have trade credit, and my in store purchase returns have always been back to a trade card and my credit card if I partial pay both. I know this doesn't help, but if you weren't lucky, then I suspect it has to do with online to store, or the use of a gift card.

I'll be visiting this thread often. I had no idea there were better deals on credit in the past. I kept obsessing over the 50% extra trade in credit. I'm only trading in Wii, 3DS, and Wii U titles so i don't think it would have mattered.

I'll be visiting this thread often. I had no idea there were better deals on credit in the past. I kept obsessing over the 50% extra trade in credit. I'm only trading in Wii, 3DS, and Wii U titles so i don't think it would have mattered.
I think people aren't considering that the values tend to fluctuate. A GameStop associate admitted that to me a few days ago when I went in to make a trade. Whether it's worth it to do so or not is up to the individual. The other thing to consider is that items tend to hold value if they're in demand or somewhat rare, although GameStop really seems to have no clue about how in demand or truly rare certain items really are. I feel better dumping the PS3 and 360 titles that I'm planning to trade in on Monday night sooner than later. Some of them are backwards compatible with Xbox One and might hold their value. Others aren't and might be worth less in a few weeks. Same with the PS4 and Xbox One stuff. So, I'm willing to let them go on Monday night in one fell swoop although I'm going to hold back a few more duplicate copies for another time. To each, his own, I guess.

I've never done an online to store return, so it is possible that they either didn't notice/too lazy to see what method you paid, gift cards work differently, or you just got lucky. Like with gift cards, if you have under $5 or less, you can just cash it out. Most of us here have trade credit, and my in store purchase returns have always been back to a trade card and my credit card if I partial pay both. I know this doesn't help, but if you weren't lucky, then I suspect it has to do with online to store, or the use of a gift card.
Thanks for response. That does help a bit. I actually used a trade card. Didn't realize there was a difference w/ gift cards. For both purchases I used +$5 in trade credit (one ~$15 and the other ~$70). The two returns where I received everything back on my cc were done at different stores / different sales associates. Maybe it was two lucky occasions. Might try again just to see what happens.

Recently, I also purchased & returned a game in-store w/ partial trade credit and partial credit card. In that case, I received funds back to my cc and trade card matching the original purchase split.

damn the GS near me is closing down and today is its last day... they even moved my RE7 preorder to another store, and gave us a "20% off your next purchase" coupon to use in this specific alternative store, but damn, its gonna be hard for me to flip that frequently in the future since its so much farther away from me.

With the extra 40% monday night, can you just do 5$ down? I was hoping the associates would allow me to fully use that extra $5 coupon
YMMV. Normally the promo works perfectly fine just putting $5 down. But since it's release night, it'd come off as very suspicious if you went in just to preorder it and not pick it up when it's available. You're better off just buying it and getting a gift receipt.

YMMV. Normally the promo works perfectly fine just putting $5 down. But since it's release night, it'd come off as very suspicious if you went in just to preorder it and not pick it up when it's available. You're better off just buying it and getting a gift receipt.
I'm going to have to do two preorders at different days of the week. I'll just preorder the PS4 version on Tuesday and the Xbone version when I get my Wii U games in the mail. I just hope the promo is still valid. I'll get gift receipts for both. I hope it's not too suspicious. I'll go to different stores just to be safe.

Testing new code but here are all the gs stores in the country with new core PSVR systems in stock:

Belvedere Plaza
3116 N MAIN ST
ANDERSON SC 29621

Carolina Mall
1480 CONCORD PKWY N STE 285
Concord NC 28025

EFK Plaza
324 E State St
Herkimer NY 13350

North Point Mall
1198 NORTH POINT CIRCLE
ALPHARETTA GA 30022

Raytown Gregory Squ.
9203 E STATE ROUTE 350
Raytown MO 64133

SWM North Augusta
1229 Knox Avenue Space # 80
North Augusta SC 29841

Shoppes @ Ctr Pointe
4950 Centre Pointe Dr STE 116
North Charleston SC 29418

Trussville S/C
5964 Chalkville Mountain RD
Birmingham AL 35235

Webberstown Mall
4950 Pacific Ave
Stockton CA 95207

I guess what we are saying is, you won't be able to do a preorder tomorrow night and after, because the game will already be out. It would just be a purchase at that point.
Although, someone in here was saying that another promo was gonna start with trades towards RE. I would assume you'd have to actually purchase the game though.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

All stores in the country showing NES Classic Edition in stock:

Arroyo Comons
7290 ARROYO CROSSING PKWY STE 130
Las Vegas NV 89113

Columbia Corners
1005 Highway 98 BYP Ste 7
Columbia MS 39429

Roebuck Center
9256 Parkway E Ste C
Birmingham AL 35206

Sonora Crossroads
1245 Sanguinetti RD
Sonora CA 95370

damn the GS near me is closing down and today is its last day... they even moved my RE7 preorder to another store, and gave us a "20% off your next purchase" coupon to use in this specific alternative store, but damn, its gonna be hard for me to flip that frequently in the future since its so much farther away from me.
We'll sure miss you.

All stores in the country with Official Nintendo NES Classic Controller in stock:

Providence Center
1410 S. Providence Center Dr Ste A
Cedar City UT 84720

Richland Mall
684 Richland Mall
Mansfield OH 44906

Any news of a possible bonus 50% tiv promo coming up anytime soon (besides the narrow window tomorrow night)? Probably a stupid question, but there's really only a month before the switch comes out and I don't have quite enough credit to cover it yet.

All stores in the country with Official Nintendo NES Classic Controller in stock:

Providence Center
1410 S. Providence Center Dr Ste A
Cedar City UT 84720

Richland Mall
684 Richland Mall
Mansfield OH 44906
Very cool of you to do this! Does it work for any GS sku? I have plenty of games to track down but it is extremely tedious to find a store that has it in stock. Is there a future possibility of making the code public (or even selling it?) so people can search for their own availabilities?

Thanks I was going to see if the associate would let me do multiple trades so I can use that $5 coupon multiple times

Thanks I was going to see if the associate would let me do multiple trades so I can use that $5 coupon multiple times
Seems a bit of a long shot but hey, I guess its worth a shot.

You're best bet would be to use that coupon once per transaction, per store per day in order not to raise any eyebrows, if any but highly doubtful given the short timeframe for tomorrow.

Testing new code but here are all the gs stores in the country with new core PSVR systems in stock:

Belvedere Plaza
3116 N MAIN ST
ANDERSON SC 29621

Carolina Mall
1480 CONCORD PKWY N STE 285
Concord NC 28025

EFK Plaza
324 E State St
Herkimer NY 13350

North Point Mall
1198 NORTH POINT CIRCLE
ALPHARETTA GA 30022

Raytown Gregory Squ.
9203 E STATE ROUTE 350
Raytown MO 64133

SWM North Augusta
1229 Knox Avenue Space # 80
North Augusta SC 29841

Shoppes @ Ctr Pointe
4950 Centre Pointe Dr STE 116
North Charleston SC 29418

Trussville S/C
5964 Chalkville Mountain RD
Birmingham AL 35235

Webberstown Mall
4950 Pacific Ave
Stockton CA 95207
Is there a way to search game by item# anymore with the new site?

Anyone know with the RE7 promo tonight if it's an early cash-out with them handing out copies at midnight or would I be able to trade and pay off the preorder without picking up the game tonight?  Reason I ask is I want to take advantage of the 50% promo, but I'm not going to stick around until midnight for my copy.  I have to be up for work early and was planning on picking mine up after work tomorrow.

Anyone know with the RE7 promo tonight if it's an early cash-out with them handing out copies at midnight or would I be able to trade and pay off the preorder without picking up the game tonight? Reason I ask is I want to take advantage of the 50% promo, but I'm not going to stick around until midnight for my copy. I have to be up for work early and was planning on picking mine up after work tomorrow.
According to email you should be able to get it at 9

Anyone know with the RE7 promo tonight if it's an early cash-out with them handing out copies at midnight or would I be able to trade and pay off the preorder without picking up the game tonight? Reason I ask is I want to take advantage of the 50% promo, but I'm not going to stick around until midnight for my copy. I have to be up for work early and was planning on picking mine up after work tomorrow.
At one NYC store, I was told that I could get a copy 9 pm -10 pm.

Just called my local store, and they said they'll be open a little after 9, but trade in will only count if you already have the game preordered.

Pre-rings start at 6PM local time. The game can be sold starting 9PM local time. Also, Tales of Beseria will be allowed to be sold at that time. According to corporate the 50% sould start going into affect at the 6PM pre-ring time. Hope this helps.

Just called my local store, and they said they'll be open a little after 9, but trade in will only count if you already have the game preordered.
You won't have to have it preordered for the bump to work. You WILL have to be a PUR member though to get the bump. The free Basic will work but will only get you the 40% bump.

Pre-rings start at 6PM local time. The game can be sold starting 9PM local time. Also, Tales of Beseria will be allowed to be sold at that time. According to corporate the 50% sould start going into affect at the 6PM pre-ring time. Hope this helps.
Which means to everyone who hasnt already, preorder by 6pm local time to ensure you have the game held and you qualify for the bonus no matter what. Once prerings start preorders are no longer allowed. It is possible but requires an enormous exception.

Which means to everyone who hasnt already, preorder by 6pm local time to ensure you have the game held and you qualify for the bonus no matter what. Once prerings start preorders are no longer allowed. It is possible but requires an enormous exception.
GS rookie here. I want to get my preorder in before 6 to take advantage of bonus trade in. Do I have to preorder in store? I tried via app and my only options are delivery. I also didn't get all the way through checkout, but I don't know if it'll let me put down anything less than the full amount.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Just noticed a new $25 bonus credit promo for any 3DS or Vita system trade-in without being beholdened to any purchase or pre-order. Nice! (ends 2/12)

Hope no one pre-ordered the RE7 Collector's edition. I'm seeing none in stock still but the standard and deluxe have been in stock for days now.
Don't stores sometimes "defective" their stock out for bigger ticket items just till pre-orders have been picked up? My local store did that during the height of the Amiibo craze with some rarer amiibo. They would receive them check them in and then move them to defective or whatever that status is. I'm hoping thats the case since I pre-ordered the CE in store too.

Hope no one pre-ordered the RE7 Collector's edition. I'm seeing none in stock still but the standard and deluxe have been in stock for days now.
There's a post on r/GameStop that says there was a screw up with shipping, so there's no day one CEs. They'll arrive later. I wish the poor GS workers luck in notifying people on this one.

The 50% bonus applies if you already preordered resident evil 7? I'm a pur member, so it would be 60%? Sorry for the question,Andi see that other people asked this already, but this is a super weird promo since most people already preordered it/paid it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back