GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a post on r/GameStop that says there was a screw up with shipping, so there's no day one CEs. They'll arrive later. I wish the poor GS workers luck in notifying people on this one.
Guess I should be getting a call from my local store about my RE7 CE, since it's paid off in full and I was planning to pick it up tomorrow. Apparently not.

There's a post on r/GameStop that says there was a screw up with shipping, so there's no day one CEs. They'll arrive later. I wish the poor GS workers luck in notifying people on this one.
They will be giving $20 vouchers in all likelihood.

I remember when i had stock issues on ces, i would give the vanilla game out until the ce arrived then just popped a preowned on the old disc.

Then again that was brought up when i was fired. Cx service isnt the most important thing to GS

According to the website the Switch preorder bonus for systems has been extended to February 12th. Can anyone confirm if that's true? Or is it a misprint and that's just for the people who preordered online?

On the website, it looks like the switch trade in bonus is extended another 3 weeks?
According to the website the Switch preorder bonus for systems has been extended to February 12th. Can anyone confirm if that's true? Or is it a misprint and that's just for the people who preordered online?
The new promo that ends on February 12 are for standalone trades that doesn't require a Switch preorder. It also excludes Wii U, Wii, and PS VR but adds PS Vita.

You only get an extra $50/$25 as oppose to $75/$30 with a Switch preorder.

Just noticed a new $25 bonus credit promo for any 3DS or Vita system trade-in without being beholdened to any purchase or pre-order. Nice! (ends 2/12)
Just took a free og vita I received that had a cracked screen that wouldn't turn on. After bump+ 5$ coupon and refurb I got a free $60 in credit.

Pre-rings start at 6PM local time. The game can be sold starting 9PM local time. Also, Tales of Beseria will be allowed to be sold at that time. According to corporate the 50% sould start going into affect at the 6PM pre-ring time. Hope this helps.
I assume the bonus will apply automatically at 6PM? Or there's a code to scan?

Because I've called a few stores and they've each told me 9PM - maybe they haven't read the memo.

The Switch preorder offer is still listed on the website, but the "legal" portion lists the expiration date as yesterday. Pretty sure that deal is dead.

The new promo that ends on February 12 are for standalone trades that doesn't require a Switch preorder. It also excludes Wii U, Wii, and PS VR but adds PS Vita.

You only get an extra $50/$25 as oppose to $75/$30 with a Switch preorder.
Would the 2ds be considered a 3DS SYSTEM?

Is the online Switch preorder code generic? They tell you to bring a print out of your switch order confirmation email as well as the email with code.

If not, with ignorant people working, it's just a code that gives a nice in boost this week on console trade ins.

I couldn't take advantage of my Xb1 trade in towards the switch (out of stock on preorders), so I will probably just trade it in and get the extra $50 credit.  Thus, making it a $150 trade in. 

Any other offers or advantages I need to look at? 

I have a kinect, Halo 5, Sunset overdrive, Titanfall and Gears ultimate edition.  I don't think those games and accessories will get me much at Gamestop so I will probably just sell them on ebay or craigslist. 

I know there was a link from before for the $5 trade in coupon but I can't find it now. Does anybody have that link still? Thank you.
The code is EBC3053891 for the extra $5 trade-in.

I just traded my PS4 in and got 200 for it. I had to give them the email code which is not unique
What's the code? Did you need anything else other than the code like your nintendo switch preorder email?

The code is EBC3053891 for the extra $5 trade-in.

What's the code? Did you need anything else other than the code like your nintendo switch preorder email?
I think they will shoot me down if I just give them a hand written code to put in. Any chance you or anyone has a link to the scan for the coupon?

Just received a text saying that prerings start at 6 here and the bonus will be active at that time.

Make sure you have your copy preordered by 6 again just to be on the safe side.

Disclaimer: Stores can be run differently by DM and SL discretion. Not sure why that is but it is a fact.

Would the 2ds be considered a 3DS SYSTEM?
Hey guys this is not as stupid of a question as everyone is making it sound for 2 reasons.

1. There are no "2ds games" and the system is designed primarily to play 3ds games (aka 3ds system) in 2d

2. Even though the drop down menu on the GS website under "3DS>3DS Hardware" allows you to specify "3DS XL Game Systems", "3DS Game Systems", or "2DS Game Systems", the 2DS hardware still shows in the search results when you select "3DS Game Systems"

It seems like it would be worth a shot at trying to get a bonus on a 2ds if it is automatic or if they are willing to enter/scan any promotion codes that specify 3DS system.

Hey guys this is not as stupid of a question as everyone is making it sound for 2 reasons.

1. There are no "2ds games" and the system is designed primarily to play 3ds games (aka 3ds system) in 2d

2. Even though the drop down menu on the GS website under "3DS>3DS Hardware" allows you to specify "3DS XL Game Systems", "3DS Game Systems", or "2DS Game Systems", the 2DS hardware still shows in the search results when you select "3DS Game Systems"

It seems like it would be worth a shot at trying to get a bonus on a 2ds if it is automatic or if they are willing to enter/scan any promotion codes that specify 3DS system.
yea the persons earlier post could have been "worded as he intended".

Not, is a 2ds a 3ds but is the bonus trade offer on the 3ds applying to the 2ds since they are in the same family. Regardless if it is on purpose or accidental.

I've got a roached out Xbox One. I can trade in the power supply and controller for around $65. Pretty tempting. Gotta find some of my 3DS games as well, pretty sure I have copies of Smash Bros and some Mario games. 

If you purchase RE7 using your trade credit from games traded in, will GS give you back cash or a gift card with your gift receipt return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back