GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
In all fairness this was the computer:
nes-rob-a4.JPG

That was awesome. I still don't know if 12 is too much or not.
When I worked at GameStop people would bring in duffle bags of shit. After scanning everything for over an hour and letting them know they'd be getting a grand total of $55 they'd get angry with me (because you know, since I work there 4 hours a week I obviously set the trade in prices) and leave.

East coaster here. Preordered around 4. Came back at 9 with a dozen wiiu games. Bonuses showed up automatically at the end. Didn't get gift receipt though. I wonder how difficult it will be to return with regular receipt.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Screwed myself somewhat was hoping to get $150 but apparently my games were the older version and netted me $100. I still profited and got RE7 but after reading reviews I want to return it and rent it.

Just confirming that just after 9 the bonuses were automatically applied. Had like 2 bucks left on RE7, but traded in like $120 worth. Put all the extra towards switch and SE Zelda. The manager working even told me about the extra 50% as I handed over the games. East coast btw.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

It turns out that you didn't have to do the preorder to qualify for the 50% bump, but I found that out at the last GameStop I went to tonight. Just having a Pro account and buying RE7 was enough. Anyway, in less than a half hour, I had turned a $60 investment into $255.75. After the RE7s go back, that is. Separate trade cards at each store for the leftovers so they can't see my account balance. I'll be returning the RE7s in a couple of days with totally different associates than the ones who rang me up tonight. And since I have several duplicate copies of certain titles to unload, I will probably dump those during the regular 40% bump period unless someone can convince me that it's a bad idea to do so. Most of them are backward compatible 360 titles, but I don't really see a reason to wait for a stealth bump since values might tank after they receive certain numbers of titles. Thoughts?

So I got results back for every store in the country and only 23 have "Low Stock" (1-2) of the :pS4: CE right now.

Charter Oak,69 William Shorty Campbell St Ste G,Hartford CT 06106
New Milford,166 DANBURY RD STE B,New Milford CT 06776
Groton Shppers Mart,985 POQUONNOCK RD STE B,Groton CT 06340
Swansea,262 SWANSEA MALL DR,SWANSEA MA 02777
Rockingham Mall S/C,92 CLUFF CROSSING RD,Salem NH 03079
Square one Mall,1277 BROADWAY,SAUGUS MA 01906
Smith Haven Mall GS,242 Smith Haven Mall STE M4A,Lake Grove NY 11755
Scarborough Gallery,200 GALLERY BLVD SPC A,Scarborough ME 04074
King Kullen S/C,267 Jericho Turnpike,Syosset NY 11791
Westchester NY,1030 Westchester Ave,Bronx NY 10459
Knickerbocker Ave,368 Knickerbocker Ave,Brooklyn NY 11237
Rockaway Townsq Mall,301 MT HOPE AVENUE,ROCKAWAY NJ 07866
Greenridge Plaza,3263 Richmond Ave,Staten Island NY 10312
Omaha Crossing,207 S 72ND ST,Omaha NE 68114
Westwood Village,33020 FM 2978 RD STE 523,Magnolia TX 77354
Northtown Plaza,5598 NORTH FWY STE A,Houston TX 77076
Laredo Shopping Ctr,4311 Clark Blvd Suite D,Laredo TX 78043
Kingsville Junction,1310 E GENERAL CAVAZOS STE E,Kingsville TX 78363
Fountains at Farah,8889 Gateway West Blvd Suite 530,El Paso TX 79925
SWM Desert Mtn PLaza,4650 Woodrow Bean STE D1,El Paso TX 79924
Thornton Town Center,10001 GRANT ST UNIT A,THORNTON CO 80229
Downey Center,12144 Lakewood Blvd.,Downey CA 90242
Platt Village Shppng,6432 PLATT AVE,WEST HILLS CA 91307
I called downey and they said that even though its showing, its already on reserve and can not be sold. And West hills does not show in stock anymore.

I also wanted to point out that my PS4 RE7 preorder came a bonus DLC code and a code for Resident Evil: Retribution movie via the VUDU app that's printed on the receipt. The Xbox One RE7 copy that I didn't preorder still came with a code for the movie on that receipt. Bonuses are nice. It's like them paying you to flip! :D

I just got this:

PowerUp Rewards Members EARLY ACCESS
Play early! Pick up Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue at 9pm local time TONIGHT, 1/23/17.
Wowzers they are gonna be busy tonight. Somehow I thought it was already released in the US but it was released on Jan 12 only in Japan...yet I saw it in Wal-Mart's glass cases on Saturday so I thought it was already out here too lol

It turns out that you didn't have to do the preorder to qualify for the 50% bump, but I found that out at the last GameStop I went to tonight. Just having a Pro account and buying RE7 was enough. Anyway, in less than a half hour, I had turned a $60 investment into $255.75. After the RE7s go back, that is. Separate trade cards at each store for the leftovers so they can't see my account balance. I'll be returning the RE7s in a couple of days with totally different associates than the ones who rang me up tonight. And since I have several duplicate copies of certain titles to unload, I will probably dump those during the regular 40% bump period unless someone can convince me that it's a bad idea to do so. Most of them are backward compatible 360 titles, but I don't really see a reason to wait for a stealth bump since values might tank after they receive certain numbers of titles. Thoughts?
$60 ??/ what games

Yeah given the inability of most of the local GS staff to pull a single game correctly there was no way I was messing with this deal tonight. I'll take the $20 hit to just trade later and avoid the inevitable frustrations tonight.

$60 ??/ what games
I recently acquired about 20 games across several systems that I had paid $3 each for, and that's what I traded in tonight. So I could post the names, but it won't make a difference since I can't tell someone that they can go to Best Buy or go to Target to buy them too since that's not where they came from. All of them were dupes of games that I already owned before they came into my possession, so I just said to hell with it and let 'em go. And, no, they weren't stolen.

I was able to trade in all my Wii games and 3DS games towards Resident Evil 7. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I couldn't stay until 9PM launch. I was only able to flip Yokai Watch Fleshy Souls and Smash 3DS. I finally got rid of the games that I didn't want anymore at least.

Central time here(trade at 9:15pm)

$700 in trades from RE7 tonight. He told me I made his week for trade quota. Started with two 3ds games and he was like "see that!! That's your game paid off right there!". I asked if I could do multiple trades so I can use that $5 bonus coupon. Just to let everyone know "it only works once a day per account" lol

I kept a couple of the $5 items and my retro game since the boost didn't apply to my retro and I will just make some stops to maximize trade value with that coupon. I guess having clueless associates or managers in this case is only so helpful.

Also when I got there, there was about 8 people cosplaying as like raccoon city cops or whatever they are called. Was interesting to say the least.

West coast here and bonus did not apply to my pre-order automatically about 50 mins ago.  They were adding it wrong and said the bonus did apply, but it was only for the 20%.  I don't know if I maybe had to pay it off or what? 

But I was told we had to pay it off before 9 since that's when they close and they would basically only be giving vouchers to pick up the game at 9.  They won't be accepting payments after.  And after everyone gets it, they will close.  So as some have mentioned, it probably varies by store and they are definitely not open for the 3 hour timeframe that is listed.  I only traded in a couple things, so it was just a small bump.  The associate just manually added the difference in value for me instead.

$700 in trades from RE7 tonight. He told me I made his week for trade quota. Started with two 3ds games and he was like "see that!! That's your game paid off right there!". I asked if I could do multiple trades so I can use that $5 bonus coupon. Just to let everyone know "it only works once a day per account" lol

I kept a couple of the $5 items and my retro game since the boost didn't apply to my retro and I will just make some stops to maximize trade value with that coupon.
Damn. And I thought that $255 was good. I didn't have any 3DS games though. The funny part was when I traded at the first store, the associate said, "Your game is paid off with these. Do you want to take these other games back home?" I said, "No, keep going!"

Damn. And I thought that $255 was good. I didn't have any 3DS games though. The funny part was when I traded at the first store, the associate said, "Your game is paid off with these. Do you want to take these other games back home?" I said, "No, keep going!"
Haha, yea. He acted like I should stop trading them in since my game was paid for.

I got cash back when I returned Doom for Xbox One last year and presented only the gift receipt instead of the original receipt. I told them that I lost the original receipt. Since they didn't know how the sale was tendered in the first place, they offered me cash. I politely accepted. I'm going for credit this time around because (a) I want to avoid suspicion from any junior detectives since I frequent the same stores and (b) I'm hoping to find a backup super slim PS3 locally. Dumb, but I do loves my PS3 games, and preowned 500 gb PS3s are only $129.99 at GameStop right now. The plan is to turn a $36 investment into $161.70 in trade credit. Wish me luck. I've learned so much from all of you.
I returned 2 copies of doom with a gift receipt. I bought the for $20 each with credit. I ended up getting the new price because they didn't bother to adjust it so I got about $80 in credit back.

I've got a roached out Xbox One. I can trade in the power supply and controller for around $65. Pretty tempting. Gotta find some of my 3DS games as well, pretty sure I have copies of Smash Bros and some Mario games.
If the console works there is a generic EBC code that people got emailed for preordering their switch online. I think it stacks an extra $50 on your console

mountain time zone here

just did my trade 9:10pm

rang up all my trades

rang up my tales of berseria collectors edition said i owed money

rang up resident evil he owed my 30 :)

he was confused for a minute

I returned 2 copies of doom with a gift receipt. I bought the for $20 each with credit. I ended up getting the new price because they didn't bother to adjust it so I got about $80 in credit back.
Awesome. Pimp the system, I say. The sad part about getting these huge returns of trade credit is that I can't figure out what the hell to do with it now. Upgrading my PS4 or my Xbox One to the newer models seems wasteful. There's no buy 2, get 1 free deal at the moment. And, I'm not even sure that I want to cash out on a 500 gb PS3 right now like I had originally planned since I think that they were going for less than that right after Black Friday. Well, I suppose the flip is its own reward. Nothing like getting over on a corporation that's gotten over on us for so many years. But. if I played video games as much as I spent time trying to chase deals and get over on GameStop with trade-ins, I'd have half of my backlog finished by now.

If the console works there is a generic EBC code that people got emailed for preordering their switch online. I think it stacks an extra $50 on your console
There's already a $50 bonus for console this week, the preorder code is for $75 extra instead of the $50, but it didn't work for me. Might be because I don't have a Switch preorder on my account.

Awesome. Pimp the system, I say. The sad part about getting these huge returns of trade credit is that I can't figure out what the hell to do with it now. Upgrading my PS4 or my Xbox One to the newer models seems wasteful. There's no buy 2, get 1 free deal at the moment. And, I'm not even sure that I want to cash out on a 500 gb PS3 right now like I had originally planned since I think that they were going for less than that right after Black Friday. Well, I suppose the flip is its own reward. Nothing like getting over on a corporation that's gotten over on us for so many years. But. if I played video games as much as I spent time trying to chase deals and get over on GameStop with trade-ins, I'd have half of my backlog finished by now.
exactly. I'm planning to cash out my credit by buying a ps4 pro + switch. A friend of mine who works at wall street recently warned me there is a pretty high chance of GS going out of business.

exactly. I'm planning to cash out my credit by buying a ps4 pro + switch. A friend of mine who works at wall street recently warned me there is a pretty high chance of GS going out of business.
Well, this RE7 trade-in offer and the fact that they're overestimating the popularity of the franchise could be one of the things that will result in the company's demise. At the second store that I visit, the guy had 20 copies of the game for each system sitting behind the counter. Perhaps they were preorders, but somehow, I don't think that the game is going to sell that well. I see it hitting $20 within a six month period kind of like Doom did.

Not gonna happen until gaming goes all digital. Way too many ignorant parents and grandparents willing to go there and pay $60 for games that are on sale for half or less elsewhere. For every one of us, there are tens of thousands of them

Not gonna happen until gaming goes all digital. Way too many ignorant parents and grandparents willing to go there and pay $60 for games that are on sale for half or less elsewhere. For every one of us, there are tens of thousands of them
I totally agree. she said there's a pretty high chance like 20-30% which is not normal but still manageable. I probably won't cash out until they made the announcement or all the other GS stores near me are also closing down.

this. and the fact that they still have the used market cornered, big bucks there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back