GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry if this has been asked... I went back several pages and can't find an answer (there really should be a 'search post' option for these huge posts) - Gamestop lists $25 extra on vita trade-ins. It also lists the vita trade-in value at $60. Does this include the $25 on top of the normal trade-in value? Or would it be a total of $85 with pro?

I'm sorry if this has been asked... I went back several pages and can't find an answer (there really should be a 'search post' option for these huge posts) - Gamestop lists $25 extra on vita trade-ins. It also lists the vita trade-in value at $60. Does this include the $25 on top of the normal trade-in value? Or would it be a total of $85 with pro?
$85 total. Would think you could just sell it for $100ish though. Especially if firmware is <3.60

Wait so is it 20/30 or 30/40? They have both listed with different start and end dates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Just traded in a couple games and the computer only gives you the basic 20/30. The guy at the store had no idea about the 30/40 bonus and tried to explain that was just what you got if you had the pro card. =( When I showed him the separate promos on my phone, with the 30/40 promo having a shorter timeframe he at least seemed to understand that something was screwy...but still claimed he couldn't do anything about it.

In the end it worked out for me because he scanned a $5 bonus coupon on the sly to help out, but the extra 10% would have only been $4.

$85 total. Would think you could just sell it for $100ish though. Especially if firmware is <3.60
Yeah that was my original plan, but I feel like the lack of hassle would outweigh the extra $15ish I'd get. It's got current firmware on it, not pre-3.60, so looking at ebay it would go between $90-100. Thanks for the answer! I didn't want to go through the trouble of deactivating/cleaning it out only to go in and have them tell me it was just the $60

When I traded in my WiiU, 3DS, and a bunch of games towards the Switch and had $125 left, I must have said "no" 30 times before the associate finally gave me my gift card so I could leave. Just started using gamestop again recently and I don't remember them being so pushy when I last had PUR ~4 years ago.
This happened to me too with my wii trade in. It was an employee I've gotten many times who's fairly sincere, nice, but bit awkward. Manager next to him too so he had some extra incentive. I just took the excuse to ask him about what games were coming out that he was into. Burned a few minutes of time before I just casually suggested we do trade credit.

I realized I should have just said "I am saving up for a VR, Scorpio, etc." Something expensive. Until Switch preorders came out that was my excuse when employees asked about how much trade credit i had. "Saving for Switch bro!" Now it's "saving for Scorpio bro!"

Yeah that was my original plan, but I feel like the lack of hassle would outweigh the extra $15ish I'd get. It's got current firmware on it, not pre-3.60, so looking at ebay it would go between $90-100. Thanks for the answer! I didn't want to go through the trouble of deactivating/cleaning it out only to go in and have them tell me it was just the $60
+$5 trade coupon

I got a unused credit email the other day. It said I had $24.20 which was really close to what I had on my PUR card but not exactly. I used up all the credit on my PUR card yesterday. Today I go to print the virtual gift card out through the the email and it has a different # and pin but it says amount $0.00. Did all these cards say $0.00, or was it just telling me my PUR card balance and I already used it?

I got a unused credit email the other day. It said I had $24.20 which was really close to what I had on my PUR card but not exactly. I used up all the credit on my PUR card yesterday. Today I go to print the virtual gift card out through the the email and it has a different # and pin but it says amount $0.00. Did all these cards say $0.00, or was it just telling me my PUR card balance and I already used it?
The second thing.

Thanks. Will just trade it today or tomorrow then.
Looks like the store by my job got a ton of $5 cards in. Woman in front of me was getting one. I mentioned oh you still have them? He said they were popular so it was brought back. My two regular stores haven't had them. Anyway the guy I usually deal with was scanning my trade asked if I had a card. I said not anymore. Scanned one and signed his name to it. I really like this GS better then the 3 others I go to closer to my house.

I traded a game last week at a GS I almost NEVER go to. Asked about the card he said they were long gone (this was in NJ).

Anyway got $20.40 for Mafia 3. Made up for the $3 it dropped in value since last night.

Looks like the store by my job got a ton of $5 cards in. Woman in front of me was getting one. I mentioned oh you still have them? He said they were popular so it was brought back. My two regular stores haven't had them. Anyway the guy I usually deal with was scanning my trade asked if I had a card. I said not anymore. Scanned one and signed his name to it. I really like this GS better then the 3 others I go to closer to my house.

I traded a game last week at a GS I almost NEVER go to. Asked about the card he said they were long gone (this was in NJ).

Anyway got $20.40 for Mafia 3. Made up for the $3 it dropped in value since last night.
Do you happen to know if they extended how long the cards can be used? It would seem a little pointless to restock on them if they still expire on 1/28.

Sorry no. Just relaying what he said. I assume these are the cards as before with same code but not 100% sure.

Says promo #18856 on receipt.
I got one of those $5 cards today too.
I don't know why I care, I don't get them anyway. I think when they see me walk in they first roll their eyes and second hide their stack of free money. :)

So I have an Xbox 360 E 4GB that doesn't turn on. Got it some months ago but never used it until today and it doesn't turn on. Can I trade it in for with a refurb fee or do I just have a brick now?

Sorry once again guys. Turns out the 30%/40% RE7 promo is for guests that caught the early screening for the new Resident Evil movie. You show your ticket stub, and the associate types in an EBC code to get the increased trade promo.

so ive got a problem here. an employee says the $5 coupon is tied 1 to an account. He said he also marked(i assume wrote a note) my account so I wouldnt trade in anymore since he saw me there the night before. Nothing on the card states that and im sure an email has not been sent via POS stating that. Careful cags for these jr detectives.

Do you happen to know if they extended how long the cards can be used? It would seem a little pointless to restock on them if they still expire on 1/28.
I still have not seen a reliable source for them expiring the code on the 28th.

Someone posted it in here, but never gave a source that I could find.

I don't get why employees would care if people keep using those $5 cards. I was under the impression that it helped their trade-in numbers and didn't hurt them in any way. The one guy at the GS near me gives me one every time I go in there, even if I use one in that transaction

Just can't even imagine caring that much about a corporation who in return gives zero shits about you

I don't get why employees would care if people keep using those $5 cards. I was under the impression that it helped their trade-in numbers and didn't hurt them in any way. The one guy at the GS near me gives me one every time I go in there, even if I use one in that transaction

Just can't even imagine caring that much about a corporation who in return gives zero shits about you
Has nothing to do with caring about the company. Only suppose to give them to people who didn't bring anything in to trade. Suppose to be used to get people to bring trades in not add to the value they are already getting. In my region at least we were told if we were caught abusing it we will get fired.

Has nothing to do with caring about the company. Only suppose to give them to people who didn't bring anything in to trade. Suppose to be used to get people to bring trades in not add to the value they are already getting. In my region at least we were told if we were caught abusing it we will get fired.
But how would someone get "caught" "abusing" the system? Does a DM or corporate actually sit there and go through employee transactions to check for that?

But how would someone get "caught" "abusing" the system? Does a DM or corporate actually sit there and go through employee transactions to check for that?
I am sure it is really easy to get the transaction history for a store and filter the employee number and that promo code from the card.

Can someone explain to my why a New 3D and New 3DS XL doesn't come with an Ac Adapter, but when you trade it in you're required to have one?

(Hopefully Deader2818 has some insight)

LP has and will,yes.
Damn, what a crappy thing for them to do

Can someone explain to my why a New 3D and New 3DS XL doesn't come with an Ac Adapter, but when you trade it in you're required to have one?

(Hopefully Deader2818 has some insight)
You aren't required to give a charger with a N3DS or N3DS XL, as confirmed by my store's manager and assistant manager, and as confirmed by Deader several pages back. If an employee says they require a charger then they're misinformed

Although i dont like it, as a former employee and victim of LP's investigation, it's the correct thing to do from the companys standpoint. Lost prevention wouldnt be doing their job if they didnt protect the assets of the company. Those cards are not for the uber trader and a responsible employee should stop that, especially if they value their jobs.

Im appreciative of each employee who works with me because 1 they dont have to, 2, they could report my activity as soon as they feel, and 3 they get nothing out of it.

You aren't required to give a charger with a N3DS or N3DS XL, as confirmed by my store's manager and assistant manager, and as confirmed by Deader several pages back. If an employee says they require a charger then they're misinformed
Well, fuck...

Seeing the $25 bonus I traded in my N3DS....
The employee told me it required a charger.. so I had to go grab my charger to trade it in.

Should I go back there and talk to them? I still have the receipt

Well, fuck...
The employee told me it required a charger.. so I had to go grab my charger to trade it in.

Its a store to store deal basically. Theres pretty much no chance you'll get that back.

I was told that a store that didnt take one was recently dinged on their shrink report because they didnt take it

I had an actual DM take my $5 coupon, scan it, then hand it back to me. So at least 1 doesn't care, haha.

Ive just been showing every store a picture of the card on my phone. Just tell them I have a trade coupon and the go on and scan it. I am SO surprised I havent been denied so far. crazy

Ive just been showing every store a picture of the card on my phone. Just tell them I have a trade coupon and the go on and scan it. I am SO surprised I havent been denied so far. crazy
I just ask them, can you try this code and they were willing to enter it in. I have it written down on a yellow sticky and just hand it to them. I only do this when I don't have the actual $5 coupon and so far it has worked out for me the two times I have tried it (at different stores).

Returned RE7 at the second store with the no problem. I mentioned that the game clocks in at just under 10 hours which isn't worth $59.99 as my reason to return it. The associate was about to throw my receipt with the preorder DLC and the VUDU movie on it in the trash. I asked him to give it back because I wanted to see my points. So I learned two things from this experience. First of all, GameStop doesn't care about preorder bonuses such as DLC if they're printed on receipts. Second, my PUR rewards points dropped from 12884 to 11684 from doing the last return which is a bit confusing to me. But I get that I probably lost points from returning a preordered item.

Out of the loop here, I wanna trade a few things in tomorrow. What's the code I should give them for the $5 bump?   Thanks

Returned RE7 at the second store with the no problem. I mentioned that the game clocks in at just under 10 hours which isn't worth $59.99 as my reason to return it. The associate was about to throw my receipt with the preorder DLC and the VUDU movie on it in the trash. I asked him to give it back because I wanted to see my points. So I learned two things from this experience. First of all, GameStop doesn't care about preorder bonuses such as DLC if they're printed on receipts. Second, my PUR rewards points dropped from 12884 to 11684 from doing the last return which is a bit confusing to me. But I get that I probably lost points from returning a preordered item.
You lost 1,200 points from the return. You got 1,200 points from purchasing RE7 for $60 ($60 x 20 points per dollar).

Well, fuck...

How can they ask you for an item that never came with the console originally?

You lost 1,200 points from the return. You got 1,200 points from purchasing RE7 for $60 ($60 x 20 points per dollar).
Thanks for the explanation, Flash. I hardly ever buy things at GameStop much less return them, so I understand how it works now. I'm banking up points for Cyber Monday as we speak, so it helps to know how points acquisition and loss works.

The game is 8-10 hours long which is an average game length, with a branching story path (1 minor story deviation mid way through which very slightly changes the plot) along with completion and replay incentives like newer, and better weapons upon beating it.

I do Semi agree with the price, I picked up the game using trade in bonuses from months ago, plan on beating it, then trading it in while I wait for the inevitable Halloween discount sale.

The Season Pass sounds semi like a rip off with 3 new levels/scenarios and added mini modes. The first DLC comes out next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFUHyK9qtPo

The season pass is $30, or you get each of the three pieces for $10 each.. you're not saving anything.

The game is 8-10 hours long which is an average game length, with a branching story path (1 minor story deviation mid way through which very slightly changes the plot) along with completion and replay incentives like newer, and better weapons upon beating it.

I do Semi agree with the price, I picked up the game using trade in bonuses from months ago, plan on beating it, then trading it in while I wait for the inevitable Halloween discount sale.

The Season Pass sounds semi like a rip off with 3 new levels/scenarios and added mini modes. The first DLC comes out next week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFUHyK9qtPo

The season pass is $30, or you get each of the three pieces for $10 each.. you're not saving anything.
In all honesty, I had no intention of keeping it. I just wanted to get the 50% bump on the 20 games I traded. As far as what I used as an excuse, I just needed a good answer for the associate at the counter to move the transaction along. That said, I will probably rebuy the game when it goes to $20. Besides, I've already got the free DLC from the preorder, so why wouldn't I want to play it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back