GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is pennied out. Technically they are not supposed to sell it but you can convince some employees. Supposedly they are not reprinting the cards so they are reselling for $50 and up online.
Makes sense considering they sold for over $100 before they came packed in with the witcher dlc.

Quick question friends: Can I buy a Gamestop GC online using a Gamestop GC? Or will it use my credit card? It says the gc will be applied to my purchase, but with Gamestop, you never know.

(I did a trade with an... interesting character. Apparently this is a necessity. :wall:)

Quick question friends: Can I buy a Gamestop GC online using a Gamestop GC? Or will it use my credit card? It says the gc will be applied to my purchase, but with Gamestop, you never know.

(I did a trade with an... interesting character. Apparently this is a necessity. :wall:)
You can take it to a store and tell them you bought a GC online and feel paranoid that it might get emptied on you and they should be able to work with you.

If you don't think you can wait that long, try to buy like a $5 or $10 GC online and see which source of funds it pulls from.

You can take it to a store and tell them you bought a GC online and feel paranoid that it might get emptied on you and they should be able to work with you.

If you don't think you can wait that long, try to buy like a $5 or $10 GC online and see which source of funds it pulls from.
Great idea, thanks!

Bought from a site that holds payment until buyer confirms code is redeemed and then pays the seller, gives you 3 days to do so. I made the mistake of buying from someone with zero feedback who is throwing a temper tantrum and can't wait until tomorrow morning. Really my own fault.

I won't even try to call them. They might decide to dump them. I'll just ask in store and try to get them.
I bought the Gwent deck after I picked out a Darth Vader mini bust which is selling for $29.97. together got the deck with Darth for $29.98, no questions asked.

PS. at an NYC store on blackbeard's list. Thanks Principal!

I bought the Gwent deck after I picked out a Darth Vader mini bust which is selling for $29.97. together got the deck with Darth for $29.98, no questions asked.

PS. at an NYC store on blackbeard's list. Thanks Principal!
Will Lord Vader be returned to the store later this week? Stay tuned...

I'm about to try and get a Gwent set at lunch. I already have the one from the 'Hearts of Stone' set but will try to get the 'Blood and Wine' set too. I might 'accidently' have a nip slip if the transaction starts to go south...

Also, always remember if you're buying something that is pennied out make sure to buy something else with it. Once the cashier sees $.01 as the total they'll get suspicious and possibly cancel the transaction. Pair anything else with it and the total won't seem like something to look into.

This used to be common practice with penny guides, but since they've been gone for so long this logic has probably fallen through the cracks.

I am obsessed with Twin Peaks. Funko is putting out some Twin Peaks figures. These two facts are having me check with Game Stop about preordering them. What is wrong with me? Ha ha. At least I will be able to use credit to get them.

Just traded in my day one Xbox one.  Got $150 and they didn't even test it, just took it and gave me the credit.  Was in and out in 3 minutes.

I am obsessed with Twin Peaks. Funko is putting out some Twin Peaks figures. These two facts are having me check with Game Stop about preordering them. What is wrong with me? Ha ha. At least I will be able to use credit to get them.
You want to get on preordering that Laura Palmer one... there are some groups already starting to raise a stink because, y'know,
it's a toy of a dead naked girl who was raped by her dad. I don't think they'll stop it, but who knows if the will get it pulled or discontinued early.

You want to get on preordering that Laura Palmer one... there are some groups already starting to raise a stink because, y'know,
it's a toy of a dead naked girl who was raped by her dad. I don't think they'll stop it, but who knows if the will get it pulled or discontinued early.
I hear you. I haven't ever really gotten deep into Funko Pops before, I wonder how hard it will be to get the "Chase" Giant Figure.

Just traded in my day one Xbox one. Got $150 and they didn't even test it, just took it and gave me the credit. Was in and out in 3 minutes.
Lucky, traded mine during the 75 switch promo and got only 125 for it due to scratches that cost a 50 dollar refurbish fee. 50 percent of value is outrages I might as well have poured water in it and traded it in broken as it would have been the same fee and gamestop would of had something to actually fix on it.

I'm about to try and get a Gwent set at lunch. I already have the one from the 'Hearts of Stone' set but will try to get the 'Blood and Wine' set too. I might 'accidently' have a nip slip if the transaction starts to go south...
Also, always remember if you're buying something that is pennied out make sure to buy something else with it. Once the cashier sees $.01 as the total they'll get suspicious and possibly cancel the transaction. Pair anything else with it and the total won't seem like something to look into.

This used to be common practice with penny guides, but since they've been gone for so long this logic has probably fallen through the cracks.
Did you try yet? I haven't seen confirmation from anybody, in regards to being able to nab one for $0.01.

I don't particularly like the look of Funko figurines, but I do really like Twin Peaks.

I got two packs today. They were anxious to get rid of them since they were about to toss them in the trash.

Edit: I got them for free.

My wife went to two GameStop's for me today. First one pulled it up on the computer and saw it was a penny so said they couldn't sell it. The second one she went in telling them this is what I wanted for Valentine's day and she really needed it sob story. They went and got it out of the back. Not sealed but everything there and pristine and the code is valid. here is a pic. I face palmed when she gave it to me. So that is 3 so far.

https://twitter.com/BeardedPangolin/status/826217023466266624

Congrats to those who get the gwent, I got shot down twice, expected nothing less, bought stuff both times, was denied, the thing that pisses me off is I have seen them give out pennied stuff before, like manuals, in fact, the last woman that shot down gave a kid a manual the last time I was in her store with no transaction at all, the kid was with his father, the father said go ask, he asked her how much it was, she said outright, that its a penny and he could just take it for free and they walked out of the store.

So last Friday BB took measures to block me from getting data from their site and I haven't been able to update the BB sheets since Thursday. I basically am rewriting most of the code related to BB and hopefully have my new solution ironed out in the next day or two.

I'm surprised my all the people getting g shot down for the witches deck. I don't have any experience trying to purchase $0.01 items at GS, but I don't understand the big deal of selling the item. They're just gonna trash it anyway, right?

I'm surprised my all the people getting g shot down for the witches deck. I don't have any experience trying to purchase $0.01 items at GS, but I don't understand the big deal of selling the item. They're just gonna trash it anyway, right?
When they get pennied out its because the publisher wants those items to be destroyed. Selling them actually breaks a contract Gamestop has with said publishers which could result in termination for the employee that sold it.

I laugh at his attempts as Im still walking away with 5-6 new systems in the span of a couple months thanks to everyone here. Good luck iatcg living from Mom's basement  :D/ 

People who post in this thread should not go onto the GameStop Reddit (which is frequented by actual employees) and start talking about flipping or returning stuff, thus bringing attention to us... *coughgamerdad101cough*

There exist enough junior detectives as it is >_>

When they get pennied out its because the publisher wants those items to be destroyed. Selling them actually breaks a contract Gamestop has with said publishers which could result in termination for the employee that sold it.
Which is stupid because the old model of penny out allowed someone to ring out the items and toss them, essentially allowing someone to pick up the item in a roundabout way while the transaction is still attched to someones emp #

I traded in my 500BG xbox one as I haven't played it in forever, the scorpio is coming out later this year, and Microsoft is nuking any reason to keep it as the heavy hitters are coming to PC as well. Got $164.xx. Not bad as I paid about $250 for it a few years ago. I/m probably gonna trade in my old ps4 too as I have a pro now.

People who post in this thread should not go onto the GameStop Reddit (which is frequented by actual employees) and start talking about flipping or returning stuff, thus bringing attention to us... *coughgamerdad101cough*

There exist enough junior detectives as it is >_>
Ex-employee. Sorry. Comments are already gone though. A few of them get on my nerves.

Sorry IATCG you need to have BB take down their website to stop me :D/

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

So last Friday BB took measures to block me from getting data from their site and I haven't been able to update the BB sheets since Thursday. I basically am rewriting most of the code related to BB and hopefully have my new solution ironed out in the next day or two.
Sorry IATCG you need to have BB take down their website to stop me :D/

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
At least they picked a good time to do it - their values are mostly crap at the moment anyway. Not even any decent movers that I can find

Speaking of that loser, trade4cash has a new program called Flip4Cash. See full terms

Trade4Cash acknowledges game flipping happens all the time. This is where you'll find a game online or in store that you can sell back to us for a small profit. We allow and embrace this, as we have faith in our pricing algorithms. If you can find a game cheaper than what we are willing to pay, go ahead and flip it to us. We know Amazon, BBY, Gamestop and others have sales to unload inventory, create store traffic or have back end rebates with publishers. We want these games!

Why are we bringing this up? We're seeing a lot of great titles come in that we can't normally buy directly from the publisher or have the staff or workforce to place hundreds of orders. Starting soon, we post a list of games that we will knowingly up our TIVs to cover that cost of purchasing. In other words we'll hand deliver a list of games that will be known flips. We'll tell you what game, what we'll pay, where you can buy and for what price. This will be easy money for many of you. We are the only site that we know of that is doing this. All the other trade in the places you'll experience limitations on either the amount of orders or quantities. More sophisticated websites and models will automatically lower TIVs based off volume.

BELOW ARE THE RULES FOR THE SPONSORED FLIPS.

-All product must have a UPC.
-Product with 'Not for resale' or anything else that is not a UPC will be devalued.
-All product must have an ESRB rating.
-PEGI or any rating system will not be accepted.
-All product must be in perfect condition.
-There can be no dents, cracks, slits or any other imperfections.
-Every order containing a Flip title must have at least 5 pieces.
-Any five pieces will do. They do not have to be Flip titles. If any order with a Flip title is recieved with less than 5 pcs, the price will be lowered to cover all shipping costs.
-Affiliate codes will not be applicable.
-Quote expiration will be enforced.

ob_835824_9.gif

Lulz, just got 9 pennies guides from BB the other day. Employees usually throw a fit but once managers come along, they just sell it for a cent and go about their day.

Speaking of that loser, trade4cash has a new program called Flip4Cash. See full terms

Trade4Cash acknowledges game flipping happens all the time. This is where you'll find a game online or in store that you can sell back to us for a small profit. We allow and embrace this, as we have faith in our pricing algorithms. If you can find a game cheaper than what we are willing to pay, go ahead and flip it to us. We know Amazon, BBY, Gamestop and others have sales to unload inventory, create store traffic or have back end rebates with publishers. We want these games!

Why are we bringing this up? We're seeing a lot of great titles come in that we can't normally buy directly from the publisher or have the staff or workforce to place hundreds of orders. Starting soon, we post a list of games that we will knowingly up our TIVs to cover that cost of purchasing. In other words we'll hand deliver a list of games that will be known flips. We'll tell you what game, what we'll pay, where you can buy and for what price. This will be easy money for many of you. We are the only site that we know of that is doing this. All the other trade in the places you'll experience limitations on either the amount of orders or quantities. More sophisticated websites and models will automatically lower TIVs based off volume.

BELOW ARE THE RULES FOR THE SPONSORED FLIPS.

-All product must have a UPC.
-Product with 'Not for resale' or anything else that is not a UPC will be devalued.
-All product must have an ESRB rating.
-PEGI or any rating system will not be accepted.
-All product must be in perfect condition.
-There can be no dents, cracks, slits or any other imperfections.
-Every order containing a Flip title must have at least 5 pieces.
-Any five pieces will do. They do not have to be Flip titles. If any order with a Flip title is recieved with less than 5 pcs, the price will be lowered to cover all shipping costs.
-Affiliate codes will not be applicable.
-Quote expiration will be enforced.

ob_835824_9.gif
so we cant use those 5% extra code? those day one editon with different upc will get devalue as well :/? this is annoying.

I'll be curious to see if the flip value is better than their normal values with a promo code added also, worth bookmarking the page anyway thanks
i think this program is suck :/ what happen if i flip before they update. this is stupid. the 5 piece is stupid as well. 5 piece give you slowest shipping and bad tracking(i lost 100+ value stuff one times).

He was banned by all gamestops in his area and banned here and banned by his mom to the basement. Dude thinks hes doing anything to ruin anything but it just makes him look fucking pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back