GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be YMMV because I've traded in tons of 'well used' retro games and no one ever mentioned anything about their condition when I traded them in.
totally believe you, anything with gs is ymmv, we read here people get denied redbox game trade ins, Ive never had any problem, and the one time someone kinda questioned it, there was another employee working who schooled the guy on how redbox sells games all the time(might have been a cag/gs guy?), but I did buy a couple of cool games from a couple of people that had writing and scuffed up labels, and they told me gs would not take them because of "condition"

What is worthwhile using the trade-in bonus on? If Switch console and most accessories are sold out in store, I'm having a hard time seeing the value here.

If I have a preorder paid off with gift cards, can I still trade in towards that preorder? Is that possible? A little "switch"a-roo?

What is worthwhile using the trade-in bonus on? If Switch console and most accessories are sold out in store, I'm having a hard time seeing the value here.

If I have a preorder paid off with gift cards, can I still trade in towards that preorder? Is that possible? A little "switch"a-roo?
I misread it as well. It's toward Switch games and accessories. I'll just return the game with a gift receipt or transfer the credit over to something else.

I misread it as well. It's toward Switch games and accessories. I'll just return the game with a gift receipt or transfer the credit over to something else.
Interesting. I have very little experience trading in at GameStop, so it's good to know that's possible.

If anyone has an answer to my previous question regarding preexisting (paid off) pre-orders I'd appreciate it :)

Only thing I want is a pro controller and binding of Isaac. Are pro controller pre orders sold out everywhere already?

Only thing I want is a pro controller and binding of Isaac. Are pro controller pre orders sold out everywhere already?
Switch Pro controller is showing as available online again, not sure what that means for in-store. Each store only got four initially.

You can apply towards an existing pre order to get the bump but not if it's paid off. Never pay off ahead of time for this reason

You can apply towards an existing pre order to get the bump but not if it's paid off. Never pay off ahead of time for this reason
Thanks, good to know! Could I just cancel and re-order? Or would that be a no-no? (Item in question is the Pro controller, fyi)

Thanks, good to know! Could I just cancel and re-order? Or would that be a no-no? (Item in question is the Pro controller, fyi)
Make sure it is still up for preorder in store before you cancel, but yes you should be able to. I wouldn't trust your cancelled preorder to be able to preorder immediately after.

Honestly, just be upfront about wanting to get the boost and most associates will work with you to get it. They might just manually give you the boost instead of going through all that hassle.

That'd be $15 + tax and only trade in for $20.80, assuming the value holds. And that's also assuming it's a real 50% and not a "50%" aka 40% plus the 10% PUR Pro bonus. Meh

Im guessing the are PMing it at Target to best buys price then using the $1 pre order card.
It's like a 5 dollar mover. I'm assuming target wouldn't match the GCU price? You'd get it st 25 minus 30 percent. tIv is 14.30 so you'd get it for 21...assuming they don't fuck with the TIV. If you got it at 20 minus 30% you'd make 7 bucks. But isn't GameStop capped at 2-3 trade ins per game type per account?

It's a decent move if you need elite points at Best Buy?
Actually i am not even looking at RB6. I was more looking at ac ezio collection for ps4. Even if the value tanks between now and the promo, some of the mom and pop shops around me are giving decent value for it. One shop actually offers 37.50 for it.

Will be interesting to see what R6 ultimately trades in for, could be a good opportunity to upgrade to R6 Year 2 Gold Edition, it is $43 at target with the $1 preorder card, year 2 season pass by itself is $30.   

Actually it would be buy it at gamestop for 19.99, trade in next week assuming the value goes up to 14, bonus makes 21 or 22.40 depending how the 50% comes, and then $5 coupon- total $26/$27.40

Got this from GameStop today! :D Just missing the cover and stuff they took to send back obviously.
[attachment=25431:image.jpg]

Got this from GameStop today! :D Just missing the cover and stuff they took to send back obviously.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
How much?

How much?
No charge, most stores give them away. I was like 30 mins late at my home store and didn't have much luck at surrounding stores. Finally found a store willing to give it to me and drove a decent distance to grab it. Everything seems to be in good shape with it, I'll probably put my Wii U in there or find a cheap white one somewhere to match it.

No charge, most stores give them away. I was like 30 mins late at my home store and didn't have much luck at surrounding stores. Finally found a store willing to give it to me and drove a decent distance to grab it. Everything seems to be in good shape with it, I'll probably put my Wii U in there or find a cheap white one somewhere to match it.
Is it just cardboard or is that a display included?

Does anyone have any positive or negative opinions on the halo 4 Xbox 360's reliability?

I'm looking to finish out my halo console collecting but I would use this as much as my other Xbox 360.

$150 trade in for launch Xbox One and their giving a $50 GC with purchase of an X1 S on saturday? Might have to upgrade.
What is the likelihood of the $100 base trade value holding through Saturday? I'd like to trade mine in to upgrade but don't want to make two trips and also don't want to do it earlier than Saturday.

So not surprising right before a 50% boost towards Switch pre-orders GS tanks mostly DS, 3DS, and WiiU TIV

Sheet (Go to the "GS Games Price / TIV Changes 2/8/17" for full findings. Sorry for security reasons I cannot directly link it.)

So not surprising right before a 50% boost towards Switch pre-orders GS tanks mostly DS, 3DS, and WiiU TIV

Sheet (Go to the "GS Games Price / TIV Changes 2/8/17" for full findings. Sorry for security reasons I cannot directly link it.)
The Pokemon games appear to be at an all time low. Last I checked they were $13 base... whereas it seems like they've always been $20 during the tiv bonuses in the past. Maybe we're just in a slump, and values will go back up. Also hoping for a $27.50 base on the ps4 Dualshock controllers.

Yup screen and sound system, it all works great. I know my home store kept the screen just to do random stuff with, seems like most stores are just giving the whole thing away.
That is sweet!!! I'm going to all of my local stores today. Did you call and ask if they're giving it away first, or just drive in?

The Pokemon games appear to be at an all time low. Last I checked they were $13 base... whereas it seems like they've always been $20 during the tiv bonuses in the past. Maybe we're just in a slump, and values will go back up. Also hoping for a $27.50 base on the ps4 Dualshock controllers.
where do you see pokemon took a dump

moon and sun is still 20

the older ones fell to 15 or less weeks ago

at least now got till the 14th to run the 3ds to get 25 more... i wonder if they will ever give more tehn 125 for the 3ds

Here's hoping they'll start taking trades for Black DS4 again. They're listed as N/A on the website last time I checked.

That is sweet!!! I'm going to all of my local stores today. Did you call and ask if they're giving it away first, or just drive in?
They started getting rid of them a couple weeks ago but if any stores near you still have one, its worth asking about. A couple near me said they couldn't give them out or they were going to donate them so you do have to get lucky. There are around 50 stores in my state and there are only around 10 left at the stores. The one I got mine I called and they said they had it in the back for a week and were happy to save it for me.

I hope the sun and moon bases stay for the bonus, I have both to trade from the bf coupons, also got alpha and sapphire but the base took a hit on those big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back