GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, why do you think people pay that much for the game? I understand its rare, but aside from that, why purchase it at that price?
Zelda BotW will most likely be the Wii U's last game. Collectors want a full Wii U set, so it's the last game needed for lots of collectors since it's one of the most uncommon. When you couple that demand with resellers hyping it up as the next "rare" game (on places like this and Nintendo Age), it explains the sudden jump

This happens to lots of games for lots of different systems. The most recent "major" one in the collecting community was Stunt Racer for N64, and the price for that quickly cooled off and is still going down. I suspect Hello Kitty Kruiser will come back down to the $100-$150 range in the next few months, maybe even less

If you're holding onto one to sell, I would definitely do it asap. The one that went for $400 was just shill bidders and that scared some collectors, so they're willing to pay the $200-$250 for a complete copy on eBay at the moment. That window won't last very long though, as people who want a full Wii U set will be raring to get one around Zelda's release, and there won't ever again be a huge influx of people going for a full set until several years after the Wii U is dead

Zelda BotW will most likely be the Wii U's last game. Collectors want a full Wii U set, so it's the last game needed for lots of collectors since it's one of the most uncommon. When you couple that demand with resellers hyping it up as the next "rare" game (on places like this and Nintendo Age), it explains the sudden jump

This happens to lots of games for lots of different systems. The most recent "major" one in the collecting community was Stunt Racer for N64, and the price for that quickly cooled off and is still going down. I suspect Hello Kitty Kruiser will come back down to the $100-$150 range in the next few months, maybe even less

If you're holding onto one to sell, I would definitely do it asap. The one that went for $400 was just shill bidders and that scared some collectors, so they're willing to pay the $200-$250 for a complete copy on eBay at the moment. That window won't last very long though, as people who want a full Wii U set will be raring to get one around Zelda's release, and there won't ever again be a huge influx of people going for a full set until several years after the Wii U is dead
Thanks for the info, makes sense. I couldnt help picturing some soccer moms in a bidding war trying to get the Hello Kitty game for their kids lol

I've always thought about getting that Hello kitty game just for the hell of it. No way I would now, lol. Has anyone played it? If so, is it any good?

I've always thought about getting that Hello kitty game just for the hell of it. No way I would now, lol. Has anyone played it? If so, is it any good?
You can always buy the digital version for $9.99 :p

It's total garbage. Just picture Mario Kart 8 with Hello Kitty characters instead and with half the tracks, half the characters, garbage graphics, no online, and glitches galore

Time to dump the Pokemon games I guess. Luckily only been holding onto diamond, pearl, and platinum.

Original X1 controllers are still MIA in the trade system right? Anybody traded one in in the last week or two?

Blackbeard, is the Gwent stock sheet up to date or is it a week or so old?  I'm on the road this weekend and through I would check out a couple location that are on my drive.  Thanks!

Blackbeard, is the Gwent stock sheet up to date or is it a week or so old? I'm on the road this weekend and through I would check out a couple location that are on my drive. Thanks!
It's a couple days old but I'm updating it in the next five or so minutes.

Ok its updated, around 30 stores fell off the list.

got an email indicating 20% bonus towards For Honor starting 2/13. obviously not as good as the switch bonus but as good as it gets if your store doesnt have anything left to preorder.

got an email indicating 20% bonus towards For Honor starting 2/13. obviously not as good as the switch bonus but as good as it gets if your store doesnt have anything left to preorder.
I saw that the Pro days is an extra 10% Trade in bump. Maybe I'll wait For Honor and trade toward that

I saw that the Pro days is an extra 10% Trade in bump. Maybe I'll wait For Honor and trade toward that
yeah, i think im still going to trade in on pro day because i have some used games i want to pick up and the 10% off those will basically cancel out the extra 10% for honor bonus. i am just wondering if all that will stack smoothly, 10% bonus on top of 10% pur for trading in than 10% bonus on top of 10% off used games with pur. just seems like too much for gamestop's weekend employees to deal with.

So, what is the over/under on how quickly GS will jack the price of GTA IV now that it was announced as a BC XB One game? Currently $9.99 for standard edition and $14.99 for complete edition.

My guess is before 5PM EST

EDIT: Episodes from LC is currently $7.99 on XB360

So, what is the over/under on how quickly GS will jack the price of GTA IV now that it was announced as a BC XB One game? Currently $9.99 for standard edition and $14.99 for complete edition.

A few hours after the annoucement it will probably be a different price in the system but more than likely most stores wont change the tags until tomorrow. So you can get it for the lower price by them having to honor the tagged price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So Blackbeard I am sure you had good reason to disable copy ability on the sheet, but what I was looking to make was a sheet for Wednesday including 50% bonus, $5 coupon, as well as prices to acquire on pro day with 10% extra off, and to exclude all games not sold in stores.

I appreciate the work you do, but that is the info most relevant to me.

So Blackbeard I am sure you had good reason to disable copy ability on the sheet, but what I was looking to make was a sheet for Wednesday including 50% bonus, $5 coupon, as well as prices to acquire on pro day with 10% extra off, and to exclude all games not sold in stores.

I appreciate the work you do, but that is the info most relevant to me.
Sorry about that I have had a lot of trouble with corporate BB spies lately supposedly because of a certain banned CAG. I need to force them to look at the page and not copy and paste the data. PM me if you need downloadable data.

Does GS sell miscrosoft store gift cards? Trying to figure out a way to purchase he R6 Siege Digital code for $30 with credit.
Yes. That will work.
It doesn't matter anymore anyway.

EDIT - But for the record Kotor is right. GS sells Xbox cash which you can use on the console and at xbox.com (and consequently microsoft.com), but they do NOT sell gift cards that work at microsoftstore.com.

So, what is the over/under on how quickly GS will jack the price of GTA IV now that it was announced as a BC XB One game? Currently $9.99 for standard edition and $14.99 for complete edition.

EDIT: Episodes from LC is currently $7.99 on XB360
They already raised them.

Complete is $35

Regular is $20

LC is $15

The Pro Day page is finally showing on the website but no mention of the 50 dollar gift card with an Xbox One. Was there any other confirmation for that other than the picture of that printed form?

The Pro Day page is finally showing on the website but no mention of the 50 dollar gift card with an Xbox One. Was there any other confirmation for that other than the picture of that printed form?
I don't think the $50 GC was part of Pro Day, wasn't it just part of the weekly ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back