GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
If Gamestop made fortune cookies:

Game_Stop_New_Fortune_Cookie.jpg
[

It would be "new", not get everything with it, and the fortune would be an extra charge. 

If Gamestop made fortune cookies:

It would be "new", not get everything with it, and the fortune would be an extra charge.
They would have bites taken out of them so employees are more "knowledgeable" of the product and resealed with tape and sold as "new".

Haha touché. Just the guys at my target are very touchy with people using cartwheel and price matching together and I've done it a few times so I have to be careful. So I was just asking for a little info. Haha my bad
I do understand not wanting to pester the employees about it. I edited my reply, which in so many words says that the first step is to check brickseek to see stock/price, then go to the store and enter the DPCI # into one of the red price scanners, and then go to the aisle and look for the item. If you still can't find the item, then it's advisable to get an associate's help. In regards to price matching and using cartwheel, I would just avoid it altogether as success rate is at like 25%, and it's not even worth asking the majority of the time (though this Assassin's Creed Collection deal doesn't pertain to that, as that is the price the game SHOULD ring up for PS4 and you should have no issue getting the 30% off by adding a $1 reservation card to your basket at checkout).

Technically, you don't have to.
I just called a local GS and told the guy I use my sister's charger and I don't own one because it didn't come with one. Guy said you have to have one to trade it in.

Honestly, Nintendo is a bunch of dumb fucks for not including a charger that they could have bulk produced for 50 cents or less.

I've been told that it's not necessary.
Yea, that is the problem with this situation. Some clerks say yes and some say no with 0 consistency.

I traded in my wii without a nunchuk at one GS with no issue and the next one called me out and refused it immediately.

It might be some dumb GameStop Policy. Hopefully the guy wasn't just trying to sell a damn charger. I'll buy a new one just go fuck with them. Lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yea, that is the problem with this situation. Some clerks say yes and some say no with 0 consistency.

I traded in my wii without a nunchuk at one GS with no issue and the next one called me out and refused it immediately.
Yeah. If it came with the console, then it needs to be included. The AC adapter wasn't included so it shouldn't need to be included in the trade in.

Thank you. Now I feel even worse. Ugh I swear man. Luckily I walked out with my 3ds. I'll just trade it in at another one later and if they guy is legit and doesn't try to screw me I'll renew my Pro with him/her.

Is there anything I can point out so they don't pull the "you need a charger" to trade in?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ok, what the hell just happened?
I am friggan livid!

Earlier today (Around 1 P.M. EST), I was looking on Gamestop.com to see if there were certain items in stock.

Finding what I wanted, I clicked on the store availability and had them hold the items I wanted. I went out to the store, and they had no record of the hold I had placed, but the items were in stock so I purchased them on the spot.

When I got home, I found I had an email, not stating the items were held.... by that the items had been ordered for store pickup. I had an order # and everything, but I never gave them a credit card or paypal when I asked them to hold the items.

I immediately called up Gamestop's Customer Support at 1-800-883-8895, and after 15-20minutes of waiting I finally got a hold of someone. No clue where the woman was from, but I could barely understand her.

After explaining my problem, and giving her my order #, hoping she could cancel the order, she told me that since it is an in store pick up.. they cannot see the order in my system.. but not to worry, as long as I don't pick up the item, it will not be charged.

I tried to explain to her that I did NOT order the item in the first place, it was just an in store hold.. so she tried to start up fraud but couldn't because she couldn't see the order #, and reiterated that as long as it's not picked up, I don't have to worry.

The only thing I can think of is a few of the items I placed in my cart then took out. Their sale price was NOT showing up on their listed page, so I put them in cart to see if they really were on sale or not, but I never ordered the items.

At least the order email confirms the support woman's information about not being charged.

"Shipping Method:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT IN-STORE PICKUP ORDERS:

You will be required to remit payment at the store, at the time of pickup. We will not charge your credit card online for any in-store pickup order. Please bring payment and identification in the form of either a copy of your order confirmation, a valid driver''s license or other government issued identification.

Please pickup your product within 48 hours of store arrival. If the product is not picked up within 48 hours, you authorize us to charge a $5.00 fee to the credit card you provide, to cover the cost of shipping and handling to the store.

To make changes to your in-store pickup order contact your local store at . Your order will not be available in the store''s system until the following day. Any changes made to your order will be reflected in the store''s system and will NOT be reflected on the site.

Bring in your old games, accessories or consoles to help pay for your purchase!"

--EDIT--

​Thankfully was able to get everything cleared up at the store with the help of a manager.

​Full details in the reply below, I was just in a panic since it looked like I was being charged for something I didn't order, along with the items I wanted.

Maybe they are actually going to a real store pickup system and are in transition.

Also, you are overreacting a bit O:)

Yeah just a bit too much anger for something that doesn't really affect anything.

Ok, what the hell just happened?
I am friggan livid!

Earlier today (Around 1 P.M. EST), I was looking on Gamestop.com to see if there were certain items in stock.

Finding what I wanted, I clicked on the store availability and had them hold the items I wanted. I went out to the store, and they had no record of the hold I had placed, but the items were in stock so I purchased them on the spot.

When I got home, I found I had an email, not stating the items were held.... by that the items had been ordered for store pickup. I had an order # and everything, but I never gave them a credit card or paypal when I asked them to hold the items.

I immediately called up Gamestop's Customer Support at 1-800-883-8895, and after 15-20minutes of waiting I finally got a hold of someone. No clue where the woman was from, but I could barely understand her.

After explaining my problem, and giving her my order #, hoping she could cancel the order, she told me that since it is an in store pick up.. they cannot see the order in my system.. but not to worry, as long as I don't pick up the item, it will not be charged.

I tried to explain to her that I did NOT order the item in the first place, it was just an in store hold.. so she tried to start up fraud but couldn't because she couldn't see the order #, and reiterated that as long as it's not picked up, I don't have to worry.

The only thing I can think of is a few of the items I placed in my cart then took out. Their sale price was NOT showing up on their listed page, so I put them in cart to see if they really were on sale or not, but I never ordered the items.

At least the order email confirms the support woman's information about not being charged.

"Shipping Method:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT IN-STORE PICKUP ORDERS:

You will be required to remit payment at the store, at the time of pickup. We will not charge your credit card online for any in-store pickup order. Please bring payment and identification in the form of either a copy of your order confirmation, a valid driver''s license or other government issued identification.

Please pickup your product within 48 hours of store arrival. If the product is not picked up within 48 hours, you authorize us to charge a $5.00 fee to the credit card you provide, to cover the cost of shipping and handling to the store.

To make changes to your in-store pickup order contact your local store at . Your order will not be available in the store''s system until the following day. Any changes made to your order will be reflected in the store''s system and will NOT be reflected on the site.

Bring in your old games, accessories or consoles to help pay for your purchase!"
I'm just worried about being charged for things I didn't order/plan on ordering.

The email made It look like I ordered items I was merely looking at online.

I drove out to the local Gamestop, and show the manager. He couldn't find the order, but did find the information provided. He was able to clear it out from the system, thankfully.

He said I am not the only person who has had this problem recently, and thinks this is their new "reserve/hold" system.

I honestly was just scared is all. I just paid my bills for the month and didn't want to make any more big purchases, which this looked like by the information in the email.

I know I over-reacted a bit, but I was both scared and pissed that it looked like the website had ordered something without my authorization and could not get it canceled through their customer service.

I'm just worried about being charged for things I didn't order/plan on ordering.

The email made It look like I ordered items I was merely looking at online.

I drove out to the local Gamestop, and show the manager. He couldn't find the order, but did find the information provided. He was able to clear it out from the system, thankfully.

He said I am not the only person who has had this problem recently, and thinks this is their new "reserve/hold" system.

I honestly was just scared is all. I just paid my bills for the month and didn't want to make any more big purchases, which this looked like by the information in the email.

I know I over-reacted a bit, but I was both scared and pissed that it looked like the website had ordered something without my authorization and could not get it canceled through their customer service.
Credit card protection. A company pulls garbage like that and you can file a complaint with your credit card company and they will handle it. Unauthorized purchase. Save that as a last resort but know its there.

So, the most convenient store to grab some games to flip next Wednesday is about 15 miles away.  My "home store", about a mile away, has all 3 games I want.  Two options I have are to purchase the games tomorrow, and then trade them in with 50% bonus at another store, or purchase the games and trade them back in to the same store on wednesday.  That is obviously the most convenient, but is that too soon to trade the games at the same store?  I'm trying to avoid pre-ordering something at a store further away so I don't have to drive back and transfer it to something else later.

was thinking about trading up an OG Xbox One, but I do not have the original controller only a white GS one. Will this cause any issues? I seem to remember reading awhile back that it would...

Credit card protection. A company pulls garbage like that and you can file a complaint with your credit card company and they will handle it. Unauthorized purchase. Save that as a last resort but know its there.
Oh trust me, I know.

But I'd rather get it cleared up civilly with the company first before resorting to that.

The gamepad being forced is annoying. I would like it a lot better if I could the Wii U Pro controller on all the Wii U games.
I completely agree with this. I also don't like that every game does not support complete tablet play so you don't need a TV screen. That is bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back