GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically a "newsletter" to let you know about Switch info. An employee added that to one of my transactions a few weeks ago at no extra cost.
I had one of those for the PSVR. It's worthless, just ignore it. It's not like they would ever update you in time if more came in stock.

Just to confirm GS's new in-stock inventory system (which sucks), when GS says your store has a game in-stock, it could have 1 to 2 games available. I went into my GS today, because the inventory system said they had Bioshock in-stock for XB1 (wanted to buy 2 copies for the B1G1 30% off sale). They only had 1 copy of the game. The inventory system before, would have said low stock if they only had one copy in-stock. Oh well, live and learn.

Now that GS charges tax for me and they have a B1G1 30% off, I'm going to buy a bunch of Bioshock Collections and 2K games! I want to liquidate all my points.
You don't know until you've tried buying something with trade credit. You'll end up paying tax. I mention that fact because stores in Texas are now doing it. I was planning on buying my Switch at GameStop but I have no reason now. Better to buy at Best Buy and get 6% rewards back.
I'm not sure this has come to pass yet. Have you tested it out? I bought a $4.99 game on Saturday and I don't think I was charged tax and the employee (who is knowledgeable) wasn't aware of the change. Well I say he is knowledgeable, but he didn't know that GTA IV :360: had gone up in price. :D

It differs by state. Most states don't charge tax on purchases made with trade credit, but for example California has for awhile, and Texas just started a week or two ago

B2g1 + b1g1 30% + rewards coupons? Is such a thing even possible?
ur2ukBT.jpg

It differs by state. Most states don't charge tax on purchases made with trade credit, but for example California has for awhile, and Texas just started a week or two ago
I forgot to mention in my post that I'm in TX also and I wasn't charged tax over the weekend on a purchase paid with trade credit.

Can anyone in TX confirm that taxation with trade credit representation is actually a thing?

I forgot to mention in my post that I'm in TX also and I wasn't charged tax over the weekend on a purchase paid with trade credit.

Can anyone in TX confirm that taxation with trade credit representation is actually a thing?
Someone many pages ago did and I saw it on Reddit too. I haven't personally done it but I'm gonna find out today when I try to convert some credit.

Their website is sometimes broken. Three weeks ago I ordered some games on the website and I was being charged 2% tax on the order. Tax for me in CA is usually 9.125% regardless of store credit or cash.

On an unrelated note, those same games were never shipped out and funds were taken out the next business day.

Their website is sometimes broken. Three weeks ago I ordered some games on the website and I was being charged 2% tax on the order. Tax for me in CA is usually 9.125% regardless of store credit or cash.
On an unrelated note, those same games were never shipped out and funds were taken out the next business day.
I noticed that, tax seems to be back to normal now though. I haven't had any issues with my orders however, must've done over a dozen the past month or two. I paid $1 tax on a 2ds a couple weeks ago

Mid-Texas, I was charged tax on a pre owned game and paid completely with Trade In credit. I also asked a gamestop employee if my Switch preorder would be taxed if I paid completely with trade in credit and he said he wasnt sure. He did tell me my balance showed $324 and not $299 though, not sure if thats standard.

Mid-Texas, I was charged tax on a pre owned game and paid completely with Trade In credit. I also asked a gamestop employee if my Switch preorder would be taxed if I paid completely with trade in credit and he said he wasnt sure. He did tell me my balance showed $324 and not $299 though, not sure if thats standard.
It always shows tax and when you swipe it drops down to the pre tax value before you hit the green button. I remember reading your Switch will be taxed.

I got some stackage today: b1g1 30 percent off + $5 off preowned + 20 percent b day coupon + 10 percent off for pro.
NBA 2k17 and wwe 2k17 for 36 and change trade credit still tax free here.
Thanks

I got some stackage today: b1g1 30 percent off + $5 off preowned + 20 percent b day coupon + 10 percent off for pro.
NBA 2k17 and wwe 2k17 for 36 and change trade credit still tax free here.
Thanks
Do you mind posting a receipt? I have these coupons too but I don't want to waste their potential if they take percentage after $5 and etc.

Yeah doesn't seem like that was an efficient use of the 20% coupon, you only saved $6 by using both the $5 PUR coupon and the 20% birthday coupon than if you used neither of them

Basically a "newsletter" to let you know about Switch info. An employee added that to one of my transactions a few weeks ago at no extra cost.

I had one of those for the PSVR. It's worthless, just ignore it. It's not like they would ever update you in time if more came in stock.
well, I canceled a preorder on a couple of those generic Nintendo classic controllers and the guy basically told me he wanted to sign me up for this so his col didnt take too big a hit

Any upcoming or current promo on dualshock 4 trades? I wanna trade in my dualshock 4 pro controller.

Best i could find was 20% extra towards for honor etc

So I basically rewrote my GS code the last few days due to the new findings last weekend. The entire GS game query used to take me 90-100 minutes to complete while running on 16 threads. Now I can run one in 5 minutes on a single thread. I am hoping to do my first "production run" tomorrow morning. This query now includes TIV and SKUs for not yet released games that are already in their system and games that GS has taken down off the website and the app for whatever reason. It should also include all missing prices and TIV for various retro games that show up as NA on the webpage.

EDIT- Forgot to mention that due to this I will temporarily not have GS new prices available for now.

Blackbeard can you please separate 7th gen and up from retro, at least for the boomerang sheet? It doesn't make much sense if they can't be easily gotten.

I believe trade card max is 1k, 30 day credit is 1,500 or 2k ( I have seen both in the past) and $499 cash in 30 days (obviously some combo of credit and cash would also work)
I went over $500 cash, but didn't exceed $600. I believe a couple other people reported doing so as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back