GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the 40%/50% towards preordering a switch game or accessory does not apply to consoles, they were doing an extra 50 dollars for ps4 and xboxones for like the last month which ended yesterday, this would be why you do not procrastinate when it comes to trade in deals, because they eventually end and in all actuality gamestop technically reserves right to cancel trade bump promos at anytime so when you see a promo and want to trade something in for it, dont wait, do it.
Yeah, I didn't even realize they were doing the extra $50 for the Xbox One, I just remember seeing the PS4 deal on their website.

I also just came to the conclusion this weekend that my Xbox isn't worth keeping around just to play Rare Replay anymore. It's just taking up a ton of space in my entertainment center next to my PS4.

Hopefully I can partake in the bonus 40% TIV towards the Switch games and accessories today. My wife might have just made an epic score of 3DS games for like $10 that should turn into $70 after bonus. I don't have PUR so I won't get 50% and really see no use for it since I really don't trade in stuff anymore.

No, the 40%/50% towards preordering a switch game or accessory does not apply to consoles, they were doing an extra 50 dollars for ps4 and xboxones for like the last month which ended yesterday, this would be why you do not procrastinate when it comes to trade in deals, because they eventually end and in all actuality gamestop technically reserves right to cancel trade bump promos at anytime so when you see a promo and want to trade something in for it, dont wait, do it.
For my situation, the $50 bonus was a good deal until today which would have been a great deal with the added $50 GC deal they are doing with new Xbox One S console purchases.

Can anyone who has tried it confirm if the new 40% bonus still works towards PREORDERS of Switch games and accessories? I assume it does, but the fine print only talks about purchases, not preorders. Would hate to go and get a bunch of boomerang games just to have the promo not work for preorders as well

Can anyone who has tried it confirm if the new 40% bonus still works towards PREORDERS of Switch games and accessories? I assume it does, but the fine print only talks about purchases, not preorders. Would hate to go and get a bunch of boomerang games just to have the promo not work for preorders as well
Didn't it just say purchases on the last one as well?

It wouldn't matter, you could still buy the 8 dollar item. Get the bonus refund the item get your 8 bucks back.

I think having Blackbeard highlight things within 10% value is pointless (and 10% is an arbitrary number?). The B2G1 is situational to everyone and you should be doing that math yourself when you have the coupon. It's the same with the birthday coupon IMO.

The sheets should reflect what is available to anyone. It shouldn't be bogged down with user specific scenarios. We already have people who can't find the flips on the sheet as it is.

Didn't it just say purchases on the last one as well?
Don't know, would rather not risk having to return hundreds of dollars in games

It wouldn't matter, you could still buy the 8 dollar item. Get the bonus refund the item get your 8 bucks back.
It would matter if you can't buy the item until 3/3 when the stealth bump is already over and you're losing money... like I said, would rather not risk it and have to return hundreds of dollars in games. So if someone who has done it today can confirm then that would be much appreciated

I think having Blackbeard highlight things within 10% value is pointless (and 10% is an arbitrary number?). The B2G1 is situational to everyone and you should be doing that math yourself when you have the coupon. It's the same with the birthday coupon IMO.

The sheets should reflect what is available to anyone. It shouldn't be bogged down with user specific scenarios. We already have people who can't find the flips on the sheet as it is.
Yeah all you would have to do for the B2G1 is find same-priced items that are a 67% or higher boomerang and that's a profit. New people can't even read the sheets as it is, adding another color might give them an aneurysm

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching the forums but didnt find an answer.

Anyone know why only the Xbox One of Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition is listed for trade-in on the Gamestop website and on the spreadsheet? Does this mean that if I try to trade the PS4 version, i will get the vanilla edition trade in value?

Also, thanks for all the hard work Blackbeard!!

Don't know, would rather not risk having to return hundreds of dollars in games

It would matter if you can't buy the item until 3/3 when the stealth bump is already over and you're losing money... like I said, would rather not risk it and have to return hundreds of dollars in games. So if someone who has done it today can confirm then that would be much appreciated
You shouldn't be sitting on games for days anyway. You plan, you wait, then you pull the trigger. Unless the games dropped by 8+ dollars TIV per item you'd probably be fine. Boomeranging is not entry level flipping.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching the forums but didnt find an answer.

Anyone know why only the Xbox One of Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition is listed for trade-in on the Gamestop website and on the spreadsheet? Does this mean that if I try to trade the PS4 version, i will get the vanilla edition trade in value?

Not sure but I think the Modern Warfare remake is on the disc for XB1. For PS4 it is download code I think. if that's true then you should be getting the same credit as the vanilla for PS4.

Seems the bump will end Tuesday one last run and I am done. Hopefully there will be a better one at the release of the Switch.
The email says:

Promotional values guaranteed through 2/27/17.*

*Top Game Values: Subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval.

You shouldn't be sitting on games for days anyway. You plan, you wait, then you pull the trigger. Unless the games dropped by 8+ dollars TIV per item you'd probably be fine. Boomeranging is not entry level flipping.
...this is why I'm asking if the bonus works on preorders, so that I don't have to sit on them for days. Get it?

If I buy an item with a PUR certificate and the item costs less than the certificate amount, do I get the remaining amount back on a gift card or something? For example, if I have a $20 certificate and buy something for $15.50.  Do I get the $4.50 back on a card?

If I buy an item with a PUR certificate and the item costs less than the certificate amount, do I get the remaining amount back on a gift card or something? For example, if I have a $20 certificate and buy something for $15.50. Do I get the $4.50 back on a card?
no one time use

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone know why only the Xbox One of Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition is listed for trade-in on the Gamestop website and on the spreadsheet? Does this mean that if I try to trade the PS4 version, i will get the vanilla edition trade in value?

That is because the Modern Warfare remastered comes on disc for Xbox One and on PS4 it comes as a voucher.

If I buy an item with a PUR certificate and the item costs less than the certificate amount, do I get the remaining amount back on a gift card or something? For example, if I have a $20 certificate and buy something for $15.50. Do I get the $4.50 back on a card?
Hell no lol

The overage of credit disappears into the ether.  Never to be seen again.

Lost in time, like tears in rain.

So I got my coupon for buy 2 and get one free and with the amount I have I can buy 20 games and get 10 free but I'm curious about the promotion . I already have a pre-order switch accesorie paid off and have 5 dollar deposit down another store . Should I cancel my paid off pre-order (at my home store ) also does the main store need to have all the games ?

So I got my coupon for buy 2 and get one free and with the amount I have I can buy 20 games and get 10 free but I'm curious about the promotion . I already have a pre-order switch accesorie paid off and have 5 dollar deposit down another store . Should I cancel my paid off pre-order (at my home store ) also does the main store need to have all the games ?
Buy your 30 games using the B2G1 coupon and no other coupon. Then trade them in and either add to the $5 deposit at the other store or start another preorder on anything Switch related. Don't cancel anything today.

Picked up mortal kombat X (15 dollars Xbox one) and dishonored definitive edition (20 dollars PS4) at Target today.

Gonna flip em today. Should I ask the manager if they have the $5 trade in coupons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything you buy for the switch at this point will be a preorder. Up until March 3rd when it's released...

Anything you buy for the switch at this point will be a preorder. Up until March 3rd when it's released...
The fine print doesn't always indicate what is actually happening at the POS, which is why he's asking if anyone has tried to do the promotion today.

The fine print only says purchases. Other boosts say preorder or purchase. That's why he is wondering if it's just a mistake or if no one will be able to get the boost until Friday.

Buy your 30 games using the B2G1 coupon and no other coupon. Then trade them in and either add to the $5 deposit at the other store or start another preorder on anything Switch related. Don't cancel anything today.
zhK3HCb.gif

Picked up mortal kombat X (15 dollars Xbox one) and dishonored definitive edition (20 dollars PS4) at Target today.

Gonna flip em today. Should I ask the manager if they have the $5 trade in coupons?

Or, should I hold onto them until the Buy 2 get 1 free opens up next week? The switch promotion should still be going but I don't know if I'll retain those values for trade ins.

If we say no, are you not going to ask the manager about the coupons?

Got my buy two get one free coupon. Looks like im not done yet. Just to be sure, if I buy 8 games, I get 4 free? there no limit as long as its in the same transaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back