GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif
Awesome. Still slowly learning the ins ands outs of this. Man This thread is the best. Thank you so much for all your hard work blackbeard, and to all of you as well. Very grateful for all the help

Last edited by a moderator:
If we say no, are you not going to ask the manager about the coupons?
It was more of a "hey, is this where I can get the coupons?" than anything else.

I don't know if they get mailed out to you, if it's account specific or if the managers have them. Care to weigh in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was more of a "hey, is this where I can get the coupons?" than anything else.

I don't know if they get mailed out to you, if it's account specific or if the managers have them. Care to weigh in?

Employees can hand it to you or scan it at their discretion - it's a standard bar code number to enter. It's been posted in this thread many times if you are able to find the #

This coupon has been discussed to death. Just print out the one on the wiki if you don't know how to get one IRL

If you hold the points until Cyber Monday you'll come out well. I had something like 100k points this year and that turned into a stack of games for very little money.

FYI I am going to add some more tabs to the sheet concerning Switch stuff locations, please let me know if this starts to effect mobile usage of the sheets.

What? It so is. $700+ profit for 5 hours time with the current stealth bump and 130k is $325 worth of coupons.

The original conversation was talking about the current boomerang situation, or lack theroff. So not $700 profit and your 130k in points is only worth $325 if they make it till cyber Monday.

The saga of getting my trade credit back continues. Currently on the phone, previous call last week said it would be resolved in 3 days. Clearly it was not taken care of. Hopefully these people can fix it, going to keep calling every Monday till it is.

The saga of getting my trade credit back continues. Currently on the phone, previous call last week said it would be resolved in 3 days. Clearly it was not taken care of. Hopefully these people can fix it, going to keep calling every Monday till it is.
Pull an Andy Dufresne on those mofos

Just traded in more stuff today. Drove to two separate Walmart's for Mario Party 10's then picked up another copy of Spider-Man from Best Buy and hit up both my GameStop's to trade it all in. One of the stores also had Killing Floor 2 in-stock so I bought that with credit and a $10 coupon and then sold it at the other store for $5 profit. I really need to start trading/flipping more often I didn't think it'd be so profitable. I have spent about $200 cash and now have $330 credit which I'm getting a Switch with (If I can find one. :().

Just traded in more stuff today. Drove to two separate Walmart's for Mario Party 10's then picked up another copy of Spider-Man from Best Buy and hit up both my GameStop's to trade it all in. One of the stores also had Killing Floor 2 in-stock so I bought that with credit and a $10 coupon and then sold it at the other store for $5 profit. I really need to start trading/flipping more often I didn't think it'd be so profitable. I have spent about $200 cash and now have $330 credit which I'm getting a Switch with (If I can find one. :().
Seems like Best Buy will have a good amount of extras. If you go to a midnight release you'll definitely get one. If you go during the day, your odds are still pretty good I think. Wait beyond that and you're risking missing out.

But them free PUR points from churning this stuff are as good as credit....
Thats true but its not that much of a difference for example my last boomerang was deadpool x2, dirt rally, bayonetta and kirby deluxe. It cleared me about about 14 dollars profit and 2740 pur points so an additional $2.74 if using the standard metric. Not saying I don't make them work when I need to. Between Friday and Saturday I cleared about with 200 with the 25 dollars in coupons I Redeemed from Friday. Enough to cover my xbox one s upgrade and a couple extras but I had to practically max out my 4 trades on all the games in the my area to get there. Today I'm not sure I woulda made it.

Does anyone knows if the 50% extra worked on all products , retro and "new" , I ask this because right now I saw that in my receipt it shows 50 on some but not all games I traded , and can I adjust this?

Does anyone knows if the 50% extra worked on all products , retro and "new" , I ask this because right now I saw that in my receipt it shows 50 on some but not all games I traded , and can I adjust this?
Does not work on retro and once you sign for the trade, you are SOL

Did not work on retro for me so I pulled them from the transaction before finalizing

The saga of getting my trade credit back continues. Currently on the phone, previous call last week said it would be resolved in 3 days. Clearly it was not taken care of. Hopefully these people can fix it, going to keep calling every DAY till it is.
ignore what they claim, call or email every day until they put it back in.

Works for all new stuff and only some retro stuff. Doesn't work for Dreamcast, PS1, and Saturn stuff I believe, but works for most retro Nintendo stuff

Have 46k points, I know that seems like nothing to some, but is there any way GS could screw me out of those points (say if I get banned or something)? I'm just gonna keep accumulating points until cyber Monday, but want to be aware if there is in fact any way I could lose them.

Have 46k points, I know that seems like nothing to some, but is there any way GS could screw me out of those points (say if I get banned or something)? I'm just gonna keep accumulating points until cyber Monday, but want to be aware if there is in fact any way I could lose them.
If you get permabanned(tho highly unlikely) you would lose ALL your points and hypothetically trade credit attached to your PUR card. Which is why I liquidated this month. Also it is hella annoying when associates are blown away by 60k or 160k in points on your account and say it real loud around other customers

If LP decides to perma ban your account for coupon abuse, too many trade bans, multiple PUR accounts that get linked.

Ok so I see on the trade in page that they also have "Get $100 credit for your Wii U or 3DS when you trade in towards a Switch."

[SIZE=11.6667px]Any chance this would work with a 2DS like how the extra $25 for trading in a Vita or 3DS worked for a 2DS last week?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.6667px]If so I'd have to wait until they have a switch instock to sell since it doesnt work on pre orders.[/SIZE]

Is there a limit on the $5 trade in coupon? I used one once today and I want to use one more today as well. I think I've only used it once in the past a month or two ago. Seen a couple things about coupon abuse on here. I want to play it safe. Don't want to raise any red flags

Is there a limit on the $5 trade in coupon? I used one once today and I want to use one more today as well. I think I've only used it once in the past a month or two ago. Seen a couple things about coupon abuse on here. I want to play it safe. Don't want to raise any red flags

Nah. The coupon abuse comes from usiing unique coupons from other accounts

On Sat/Sun I traded in 60ish games for $1700ish.

Now if only I can liquidate that or transfer that over to Best Buy. 

Seems like trying to liquidate with Switch consoles would require a lot of effort. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back