GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn was purposely leaving 5 dollars left on my switch and decided to say screw it an pay it off on Saturday. What are the chances of something worth while in 5 days  I said. Of course now there is a 25 bonus on regular wii again and I just got a wii for free.

Damn was purposely leaving 5 dollars left on my switch and decided to say screw it an pay it off on Saturday. What are the chances of something worth while in 5 days I said. Of course now there is a 25 bonus on regular wii again and I just got a wii for free.
Trade it when you pick it up
You will get the bonus

Ok so I see on the trade in page that they also have "Get $100 credit for your Wii U or 3DS when you trade in towards a Switch."
Any chance this would work with a 2DS like how the extra $25 for trading in a Vita or 3DS worked for a 2DS last week?
If so I'd have to wait until they have a switch instock to sell since it doesnt work on pre orders.
How is this a special deal for the Wii U TIV? It trades in for $100 already, or am I missing something?

Have 46k points, I know that seems like nothing to some, but is there any way GS could screw me out of those points (say if I get banned or something)? I'm just gonna keep accumulating points until cyber Monday, but want to be aware if there is in fact any way I could lose them.
Don't get you account deactivated. You get it deactivated if don't shop at gamestop often. Idk the exact amount of time that your account can stay activated if you don't buy stuff.

I actually sold 3 switches at work at cost. Easiest way for me to turn it into cash
It's not the selling that's work. It's the acquiring them without a pre-order.

@Liquid Metal

I liquidated my 3DS collection, some Black Friday Games and newer games that I sped through campaign. (For Honor, Sniper Elite 4, etc)

Would it be possible to have a BB to GS Phone tab, someone mentioned this as decent movers with B2G1.
As of now I cannot I am busy modifying the inventory module so I can get you guys ballpark numbers of Switch related products like they used to have on the webpage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It's not the selling that's work. It's the acquiring them without a pre-order.

@Liquid Metal
I liquidated my 3DS collection, some Black Friday Games and newer games that I sped through campaign. (For Honor, Sniper Elite 4, etc)
Look at the gift cards and see if you can put a dent into it with food or Netflix.

Also it is hella annoying when associates are blown away by 60k or 160k in points on your account and say it real loud around other customers
Also annoying when they announce to whole store "wow u have $900 left on your trade card, anything else u wanna buy, any preorders?" really loud too geez I'm not asking to be mugged -_- lol

How is this a special deal for the Wii U TIV? It trades in for $100 already, or am I missing something?
It's not. The wii u already trades in at $100.

I was wondering which sku of 3DS this will work with. I assume the NEW 3DS skus only, but the fine print doesn't specify.

I'm hopeful that it'll work with a 2DS.

I couldn't help myself. Paid off my case and liquidated another 20k in points and a few Aussie throwing sticks for a total of $135. I'm on that edge of my rolling 2k

Ok so I see on the trade in page that they also have "Get $100 credit for your Wii U or 3DS when you trade in towards a Switch."
Any chance this would work with a 2DS like how the extra $25 for trading in a Vita or 3DS worked for a 2DS last week?
If so I'd have to wait until they have a switch instock to sell since it doesnt work on pre orders.
It says "up to" $100. I'm pretty sure when they say 3DS they mean the whole family (2DS included), but don't expect $100 for it.

Fine print also says valid towards reservation of Nintendo Switch.

Can confirm that the current 50% (w PUR) Switch Promo does activate with a game pre-order.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Did you do a new game pre-order or add to an existing pre-order? I already put $5 for 1-2 Switch. Does anyone know if I just put another $5 for the 50% promo to activate?

It says "up to" $100. I'm pretty sure when they say 3DS they mean the whole family (2DS included), but don't expect $100 for it.

Fine print also says valid towards reservation of Nintendo Switch.
So wait, basically getting $200 for a Wii U towards a switch?

Mine doesn't even show up as Zelda. It shows up as Nintendo Switch Information or something weird like that.
That's not your Zelda pre-order. That's a Switch mailing list or some such that GS added to their system for people who want Switch information. If you didn't sign up for that, a clerk at GS threw it on one of your transactions to boost their CoL numbers (it counts as a pre-order). If you have a Zelda pre-order, I'd assume it would show as such (I didn't pick up Zelda from GS, hopefully someone here can speak up with details).

I couldn't help myself. Paid off my case and liquidated another 20k in points and a few Aussie throwing sticks for a total of $135. I'm on that edge of my rolling 2k
i actually hit 2k on one of my accounts yesterday. Did a test trade today at my local store and so far my account is fine. Probably try again at the end of the week to see if a ban hit after the first of the month.

i actually hit 2k on one of my accounts yesterday. Did a test trade today at my local store and so far my account is fine. Probably try again at the end of the week to see if a ban hit after the first of the month.
$135 rolled off yesterday so I needed to do another $135. Didn't want to let it drop too low. Lol

so there is a b2g1 on 360 and ps3, are there any flips? can't access the sheet from my phone right now
It looks to be for more than just 360/PS3 and is all last-gen games (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS). I see some money makers, but I am not that experienced as to what is the best flips. Going off of the Boomerang list I see you can buy Mario All Stars Wii, Mario Galaxy 2, and MineCraft Xbox 360 for $37.50 + tax and then flip them for $57.

I just bought a used copy of HW2 which happens to be the Ultimate edition which appears to still have the DLC intact,but when I enter the code on the computer it's showing a download for the full game instead of the season pass is that normal?

I just bought a used copy of HW2 which happens to be the Ultimate edition which appears to still have the DLC intact,but when I enter the code on the computer it's showing a download for the full game instead of the season pass is that normal?
Mine did that on my Xbox, but I haven't tried playing it without the disc yet

Can employees see your previous purchases if you do a trade? For instance, if I reserve a bunch of games for pickup at one store and then buy them and drive to another to trade-in will the employee be able to tell I just bought them and then reject me while glaring at me? :<

Can employees see your previous purchases if you do a trade? For instance, if I reserve a bunch of games for pickup at one store and then buy them and drive to another to trade-in will the employee be able to tell I just bought them and then reject me while glaring at me? :&lt;
Yes

Can employees see your previous purchases if you do a trade? For instance, if I reserve a bunch of games for pickup at one store and then buy them and drive to another to trade-in will the employee be able to tell I just bought them and then reject me while glaring at me? :&lt;
I think they can but it probably isn't immediately obvious. Always try to strike up a friendly conversation to help prevent it.

Damn you found an ultimate edition used already? Lucky duck lol
And yea the ultimate edition of For Honor had the same issue. The season pass actually downloaded the full digital ultimate edition and you could just return or trade in the disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back