GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks to be for more than just 360/PS3 and is all last-gen games (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS). I see some money makers, but I am not that experienced as to what is the best flips. Going off of the Boomerang list I see you can buy Mario All Stars Wii, Mario Galaxy 2, and MineCraft Xbox 360 for $37.50 + tax and then flip them for $57.
Is this in store or online? I'm actually planning to add some last gen games to my collection if this is the case.

Another successful day of trades.

I had a pretty cool experience during my trade-in too. When I told one of the GS employees that I wanted to put another $1 towards Disgaea 5 (for the Switch promo), he added only 1 cent more to my preorder.

I looked at the transaction screen, and I asked "Does that say 1 cent?"

"You said wanted to put down a penny towards your preorder right?"  ;) 

I said "Uh, Yeah. Of course."

He totally knew what I was trying to do lol, but that was nice of him. I didn't even know you could put a penny down for a preorder. Makes me actually want to keep the preorder so it doesn't hurt his sales record. It's a nice change of pace from all the JR detectives we hear about out there.

Do you have to put the trade in on a new preorder or can you put it on an existing one to take advantage of the 40%+10%? How long does this promo last?

Traded in a bunch yesterday couldn't beat $27.20 for GTA IV Complete, $48 for CoD IW, $32 for Dead Rising 4, $19.20 for Ratchet and Clank among others. Traded in a pair of PS1's, the first time they've tested anything retro that I've traded in.

Wish I could of seen Sleeping Dogs DE and Bloodborne TIV before I went would of traded that in too.
Damn it I knew I should have waited for the stealth bump 😢 Only got 12.80 for Ratchet and clank and got 20.80 for killing floor 2 instead of the $28 they're giving now. That's a great trade in for cod IW + MWR too... wish I had a physical copy. Ah well.

Went back to my 2nd store and cancelled zelda BOTW and the Zelda carrying case because screw paying full price, going to get zelda at Best Buy with GCU. Gonna line up on Thursday evening at my 1st GameStop hoping they have a few Switches left, got $313 loaded up and ready to go. Edit: 313 in credit

Do you have to put the trade in on a new preorder or can you put it on an existing one to take advantage of the 40%+10%? How long does this promo last?
This was answered a page back but it can be a new or existing preorder. It is listed on the Gamestop.com to end on 3/19 right now.

I see a lot of potential flips that I have just sitting in boxes that I'll get rid of because I won't be playing them for a while. Thanks blackbeard.

I was able to add money to an existing pre order multiple times, so you should be good. Though I do kind of remember someone on here mentioning that they had trouble doing that. Promo ends on 3/19

The dude who rung me up told me "have fun trading those in".

Uhh..
giphy.gif

Was told only one switch per household. Unless they start taking down addresses, how would they even know  :whistle2:k ? Also, can't get back my initial $50 cash deposit without cancelling the whole pre-order the only way is a return and rebuy.

Dang! What did you trade in?
had the buy 2 get one free coupon for giving my bro the pro memebership and just bought postive flips with a free game so I had eneough money for 20 games which gave me 10 free games. most games give me 18 in profit so its 180 plus the 20 in profit games so it goes down to 200 or a little more like 216 but thats how I got it

Switch tabs are being updated with the old Low Stock and In Stock inventory levels that used to be on the website. The gray switch console so far is the only one updated.

^All of the above.

I'll answer, before Nootheroptions tells you to read the last 3 pages of this thread or asks you if it's a "serious question"

Apparently it's his job to monitor this thread and respond with useless posts.

What are the limits of BUYING multiple copies of one game at GS? Compared to the 4 copies per platform for BB with GCU per rolling year.
No limit but be aware employees can look at your purchase and trade-in history, but that only happens if you get a very aggressive junior detective

^All of the above.

I'll answer, before Nootheroptions tells you to read the last 3 pages of this thread or asks you if it's a "serious question"

Apparently it's his job to monitor this thread and respond with useless posts.
You forgot the part where he then asks stupid questions himself to continue the endless circle of irony :rofl:

Has anyone been denied placing a new Switch accessory pre-order today? Store told me that they stopped taking accessory pre-orders weeks ago. Game pre-order still worked fine.

Has anyone been denied placing a new Switch accessory pre-order today? Store told me that they stopped taking accessory pre-orders weeks ago. Game pre-order still worked fine.
That happen to me today the girl who took my trades tried 4 different switch accessories and none of them were able to be pre-ordered.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

OMGoodness I love this thread, just made about $300 off 12 games. Why is TMNT (PS4) and Far Cry primal values so damn high? I got both a while back from gamely for like 8 bucks and made $30+ on each. I

Had a pretty decent day (for me anyway) after hitting up two different stores. I'll try to give the condensed version of events, lol. Thankfully here in New Mexico we don't have to pay sales/gross receipts tax on purchases made with trade credit.

Store #1

Put in a request to have Vanquish (360) held on GS.com

After receiving pickup confirmation email went to the store.

Traded in some retro games and a PS4 accessory for $27.50 store credit.

Guy pulls out a $5 extra trade card to see if they still work, it does (naturally) and now I have $32.50 store credit.

Pay for Vanquish and have a little over $23 in credit left which is put on a trade card.

Store #2

Put in a hold request for a pre-owned copy of Dirt Rally (PS4) from the app.

Get an email saying the request couldn't be fulfilled a short time later.

Took me several times of looking at the email before realizing it said "new" instead of "pre-owned."

Called the store just to be sure because it was seemingly the last copy of it new or used within a 100 mile radius.

After a few minutes of being on hold, the guy tells me after digging further he does have it w/o the case and will hold it for me.

Get to the store and pay for it with trade credit and still have a bit over $6 left..

Well so much for the condensed version, lol.

so the 50 % extra is still going on?  i just saw on the trade in webpage that it runs from 2/27 to 3/19 i thought that it ended this sunday.

and every 3ds has a $100 value for trade in toward the switch ? can i just trade and put 10 or 25 dlls on the switch? i have a old model i want to throw in the trash

so the 50 % extra is still going on? i just saw on the trade in webpage that it runs from 2/27 to 3/19 i thought that it ended this sunday.

and every 3ds has a $100 value for trade in toward the switch ? can i just trade and put 10 or 25 dlls on the switch? i have a old model i want to throw in the trash
60% with pur end sunday, right now we have 50% with pur.

When you buy games brand new on game stops website do the games always come sealed. I don't like when my game has no plastic for some reason lol
Nope, the last time the Dirt Rally sale came around I bought "new" copies of both the :ps4: and :xb1: versions and both came opened. Not even that circle sticker on them. I was flipping them anyways so I just took the loss but online is just like in-store, YMMV on getting sealed games (especially since they ship out from stores now too).

had the buy 2 get one free coupon for giving my bro the pro memebership and just bought postive flips with a free game so I had eneough money for 20 games which gave me 10 free games. most games give me 18 in profit so its 180 plus the 20 in profit games so it goes down to 200 or a little more like 216 but thats how I got it
Nice!! Were you able to do it all in store or did you do a store pickup? I have that same coupon so I'm trying to do what you did. I don't want to give the employees any suspicion but I'm sure they will notice when I buy like 30 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No limit but be aware employees can look at your purchase and trade-in history, but that only happens if you get a very aggressive junior detective

You forgot the part where he then asks stupid questions himself to continue the endless circle of irony :rofl:
You might want to look up the meaning of irony. Sorry that asking for additional spread sheet features is somehow equivalent to "omg when do I give them the coupon!?! There's a trade promo!?!" 😘 Love ya

Nice!! Were you able to do it all in store or did you do a store pickup? I have that same coupon so I'm trying to do what you did. I don't want to give the employees any suspicion but I'm sure they will notice when I buy like 30 games.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
all in store lol I even picked games that gave only a penny back because it would help me get a free game .

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back