GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I should have looked into this sooner, but it looks like a handful of games I'm getting rid of have decent values... Most surprisingly FE Fates: Conquest is still at $18.70 (after Pro.)

Maybe I should have looked into this sooner, but it looks like a handful of games I'm getting rid of have decent values... Most surprisingly FE Fates: Conquest is still at $18.70 (after Pro.)
It was at $22.50 ($24.75 w/ Pro) yesterday.

You mean asking for 10% loss boomerangs to be color-coded so that you don't have to look at numbers and do 4th grade math? Yes, such a great feature 😁
giphy.gif

Hey GameStop insider question, do online orders show up on the cashier computer system's end where they would show up in your last 5/6 order history?

Read the thread and you'll find out when stealth bumps typically happen ;) no hoping and maybes required
I know when they happen, I also know it's not a science and sometimes things pop in randomly in a fortunate series of events. Like all the good boomerang options this past week. Hence hope, if it happens great if it doesn't oh well. Not sure why you got so triggered by that.

I know when they happen, I also know it's not a science and sometimes things pop in randomly in a fortunate series of events. Like all the good boomerang options this past week. Hence hope, if it happens great if it doesn't oh well. Not sure why you got so triggered by that.
relax dude. go work

It's the freaking internet man. Chill out and just brush off anything that's upsetting you. You don't have to be perfect and win any argument. Nobody cares about your internet street cred. The Last word doesn't mean shit.

If gamestop isn't taking anymore preorders for the switch how do you trade in a Wii (for the extra $25) towards a switch preorder??

If gamestop isn't taking anymore preorders for the switch how do you trade in a Wii (for the extra $25) towards a switch preorder??
If you already have a Switch preordered (and not completely paid off) or you trade in the Wii/3DS when you buy a Switch when it comes out on the 3rd.

Absolutely true. Not sure why so many people are triggered by your comment :)

I I like how some of gamestop's older stores are still listed as Babbage's and Software ETC in their system.

EX.

Softwareetc 1026 3700 Rivertown Pkwy Sw Ste 2068 Grandville MI 49418
Softwareetc 1501 636 New River Rd Christiansburg VA 24073
Babbages 255 5001 Monroe St Ste N-15 Toledo OH 43623
Ebgames 4251 6 Wyoming Valley Mall Wilkes Barre PA 18702
Ebgames 4283 1 Crossgates Mall Road Space C-202 Albany NY 12203
Ebgames 4491 203 Park City Center Lancaster PA 17601
Ebgames 4637 4594 Baldwin Rd Ste 813 Auburn Hills MI 48326

wait I thought it didnt end for the 50% bonus for switch so why do the spread sheets say 40 % ? . The top 3 tivs should be 41.25 with the 50 % making the cost be 90 for the three games and getting back 123.75 ? making it a 33.75 profit ?

wait I thought it didnt end for the 50% bonus for switch so why do the spread sheets say 40 % ? . The top 3 tivs should be 41.25 with the 50 % making the cost be 90 for the three games and getting back 123.75 ? making it a 33.75 profit ?
No, they shouldn't.

It went from 50% +10% PUR to 40% + 10% PUR starting yesterday. Also the stealth bump is over.

If you don't know your stores "store number" it is located at the top of your receipt. Across from the date and time , drop the zero off the first number before the backslash and that's the store number.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade#!/games "PUR PRO Members Get
40% Extra Credit Toward New Games"

The fine print doesn't mention any specific games like the 20% one does, so I'm guessing this means any game that isn't pre-owned?

And apparently PS2 games can't be traded in from the looks of things.
I find it strange that PS2 games can't be traded in. They take the systems in trade for $45, but don't actually sell them. The store associate at the first store I went to yesterday said that they have a very limited list of retro items that can be traded in at that store (and I guess others as well).

i was looking for the values of gba system cant find them on the website , anyone knows the TIV on those?
Search 'Game Boy' under the console section in the app.

Not sure about the site as 'Game Boy%' just defaults to the gray brick.

Edit:
GBA OG $17.50 base (credit)
GBA SP $20.00 base (credit)

I find it strange that PS2 games can't be traded in. They take the systems in trade for $45, but don't actually sell them. The store associate at the first store I went to yesterday said that they have a very limited list of retro items that can be traded in at that store (and I guess others as well).
Its stems from the fact that the PS2 library was so huge and with HD remasters and PS Now Streaming (bah!) GS can't be bothered to devote online or store space to PS2 games. It's a shame, because PS2 had some great cover art!

9HQGrGS.gif

*Edit-How many minutes before it mysteriously "disappears". TBH how many store managers are going to even let that hit the floor.
Guaranteed to not be on the floor. The NES Classic was one example. Also, employees can call dibs on traded games from customers that are in good condition. They can put it to the side and not have to deal with the "peel the GS price sticker" bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back