GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went to trade a few things and preorder a switch pro controller. Lady tells me they're no longer taking orders for that. No problem. I ask what accessories are available and she tells me I can't order any at this time. I just started laughing. Thankfully thought of Mario and pre-ordered that. Thought it was weird considering the promo just started. Oh well.

So I went to trade a few things and preorder a switch pro controller. Lady tells me they're no longer taking orders for that. No problem. I ask what accessories are available and she tells me I can't order any at this time. I just started laughing. Thankfully thought of Mario and pre-ordered that. Thought it was weird considering the promo just started. Oh well.
The promo has been going on for a while now

The promo actually started last week just with a higher percentage but I was also told yesterday I couldn't preorder the joy-con strap or screen protector and I believe he did try to help me. So I wind up just preordering Bomberman instead.

Its stems from the fact that the PS2 library was so huge and with HD remasters and PS Now Streaming (bah!) GS can't be bothered to devote online or store space to PS2 games. It's a shame, because PS2 had some great cover art!
True on all points. I found it strange yet realized why at the same time. GS stores in my area had a hard enough time getting rid of PS2 games when they were 75% off over a year ago. I'm sure folks would be bringing in all things PS2 by the bus load (exaggeration on my part). Thankfully there are still local shops that have a good deal of PS2 games and such in-stock. Not to mention online shopping as well.

I find it strange that PS2 games can't be traded in. They take the systems in trade for $45, but don't actually sell them. The store associate at the first store I went to yesterday said that they have a very limited list of retro items that can be traded in at that store (and I guess others as well).
The only ps2 value I found was for like $5. Is the $45 in the app?

The saga continues in getting my trade credit back. I called again today after never getting a call back yesterday from the "supervisor". I explain the situation and they put me on hold to do something, I get disconnected and haven't gotten a call back. I guess I'm going to have to call everyday to get this resolved.

If you don't know your stores "store number" it is located at the top of your receipt. Across from the date and time , drop the zero off the first number before the backslash and that's the store number.
Sorry not as easy as sorting it by city but it was the easiest unique identifier to make sure I wasn't getting duplicates in the data collection.

The saga continues in getting my trade credit back. I called again today after never getting a call back yesterday from the "supervisor". I explain the situation and they put me on hold to do something, I get disconnected and haven't gotten a call back. I guess I'm going to have to call everyday to get this resolved.
I forget, did you lose your credit by ordering something online?

Its stems from the fact that the PS2 library was so huge and with HD remasters and PS Now Streaming (bah!) GS can't be bothered to devote online or store space to PS2 games. It's a shame, because PS2 had some great cover art!
Thats true, but I still thought they'd stil do it with a handful of non-shovelware or non-sports titles.

Any idea if that means I have a chance at pre ordering one today, or are any extras they get going to be saved for the day if release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you gotta wait till release, GS has already said they're gonna have plenty for walk ins day one. Most stores only filled up about half there pre orders so rest should be in stock for sale.

No I lost mine by being an idiot, keeping my trade credit on my PUR card and ordered a replacement.
I lost a card last year and instead of calling I would recommend heading into a local store. If you have a receipt with the previous card's information, a store manager can call their direct support line (still a crazy long hold time) and they can facilitate transferring the credit. I tried calling in when I lost my card, but nothing ever got done. Went into the store, and spent like 20 minutes and walked out with a new card and all my credit intact.

So hypothetically speaking, I should be able to walk into gamestop on Friday and buy one (if it shows on the spreadsheet that it's in stock)?
All the ones showing on the spreadsheet are inventory for walk-ins as ones set aside for pre-orders would not be showing as an available status.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I ordered four GBA games 3 weeks ago and they never arrived. They had sent them through USPS, so I assumed they were lost.

The day they were supposed to arrive I call CS and tell them if they could send me a replacement for the games. They process the order and assure me that I will get them in two days, as they expedited the order. I wait the two days and I receive half of the games I wanted replaced. This time instead of calling CS I emailed [email protected] and told them that half the order arrived and that I wanted the remaining two games cancelled and refunded. They email me back the next day and tell me that my credit card/trade card will be refunded back (I originally paid .55 on my credit card and the rest with a trade card). I wait two days for the transactions to post and I notice that my trade card wasn't credited back while the credit card was. I email them again and tell them that only .55 was refunded. They reply by telling me that they will send a gift card with the money that is owed.

The very next day I receive a letter with the giftcard and an additional package from the USPS with the missing games. I email them again and they tell me to return all games through the mail or at a store. I go to the store and they credit me back with trade credit even though I told them I wasn't supposed to get anything back. I guess they didn't care or they didn't know how to process the return on their end. Thinking everything is over I unexpectedly get an additional letter yesterday from Gamestop with another gift card with a different value.

In the end, I ended up getting two games for free and double the trade credit refunded back to me. Power to the player.

All the ones showing on the spreadsheet are inventory for walk-ins as ones set aside for pre-orders would not be showing as an available status.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Thanks.

You have better odds at a Best Buy if you plan on just walking into a store on Friday.
Trying to burn through some GameStop credit or I would. Thanks for the heads up though.

While BB will be easier to snag one, if you show up at GS at midnight I don't think in most markets you are going to have issues getting one. 

Guaranteed to not be on the floor. The NES Classic was one example. Also, employees can call dibs on traded games from customers that are in good condition. They can put it to the side and not have to deal with the "peel the GS price sticker" bs.
Any master editions coming are pre ordered and no extra will be sent so unless an employee is going to steal someone's pre order they won't be getting one.

Gamestop is on point today. I made 11 online orders after lunch today with 34 games total and so far they have "shipped" 4 of them. Power to the flipper...player!!

ok thanks.i know most ds game are not region lock. they should be fine right ?
fail-gif-swingset.gif

Possible someone cancelled after it already shipped.
100% spot on.

The Masters are held at warehouse in case of issues and customer service. No store was to get extra allocations. The only reason is that a shipment processed before a cancellation.

I prordered a Mithril edition today so i can cancel after shipment and get the employee discount on it. That damn thing is way too expensive otherwise even with credit

I traded in some games towards switch today and didn't realize until I was almost at my car that he rang up pokemon Guardians instead of Pokemon shadows which was 4.50 loss after bonuses. So I go back in to get my 4.50 and he didn't know WTF he was doing at all. Spent 5 minutes punching keys on a calculator trying to figure out the difference. I showed him the GS app and said it's 4.50 back to me. So at this point he looks at the PC and then says "are you actually going to be picking up splatoon 2?" And I said yes (which was a lie) and then he types some shit in the PC and says it's all added to your preorder. I didn't question anything but the additional 4.50 isn't showing on the app on my existing preorder. No receipt printed either. Did I get screwed outta 4.50? Or Does it normally take 24 hours for preorder info on the app to update like power rewards points do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back