GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in some games towards switch today and didn't realize until I was almost at my car that he rang up pokemon Guardians instead of Pokemon shadows which was 4.50 loss after bonuses. So I go back in to get my 4.50 and he didn't know WTF he was doing at all. Spent 5 minutes punching keys on a calculator trying to figure out the difference. I showed him the GS app and said it's 4.50 back to me. So at this point he looks at the PC and then says "are you actually going to be picking up splatoon 2?" And I said yes (which was a lie) and then he types some shit in the PC and says it's all added to your preorder. I didn't question anything but the additional 4.50 isn't showing on the app on my existing preorder. No receipt printed either. Did I get jewed outta 4.50? Or Does it normally take 24 hours for preorder info on the app to update like power rewards points do?
Probably put a note on the preorder to give you a $4.50 discount when you pick it up.

I traded in some games towards switch today and didn't realize until I was almost at my car that he rang up pokemon Guardians instead of Pokemon shadows which was 4.50 loss after bonuses. So I go back in to get my 4.50 and he didn't know WTF he was doing at all. Spent 5 minutes punching keys on a calculator trying to figure out the difference. I showed him the GS app and said it's 4.50 back to me. So at this point he looks at the PC and then says "are you actually going to be picking up splatoon 2?" And I said yes (which was a lie) and then he types some shit in the PC and says it's all added to your preorder. I didn't question anything but the additional 4.50 isn't showing on the app on my existing preorder. No receipt printed either. Did I get jewed outta 4.50? Or Does it normally take 24 hours for preorder info on the app to update like power rewards points do?
Ouch this post isn't gonna end well for you guy. I'd say go edit it but....

I had to put all the trade in credit that i made off a flip onto a preorder. I couldn't just put $5. Is this happening to anybody else?
Some clerks will tell you this shit either because they know you're only there for the sweet sweet flips or because they are trying to save their job...

That feeling when both the stores within 5 miles of my house are listed at low stock. ;_;

I wish my indecisive ass just preordered one when I had the chance.

Hey so last spring around march they had a b2g1 on DS and wii games. And then around May there was a b2g1 on everything for a weekend.

Does anyone remember any other b2g1 anything last spring? I'm trying to figure out when is the next opportunity I will have to pick up some consoles or electronics.

Hey so last spring around march they had a b2g1 on DS and wii games. And then around May there was a b2g1 on everything for a weekend.

Does anyone remember any other b2g1 anything last spring? I'm trying to figure out when is the next opportunity I will have to pick up some consoles or electronics.
There was a Wii B2G1 about 2 months ago

I cancelled both of my Switch game preorders at two different stores tonight, moved those amounts over to preorders for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS4 and Xbox One, and paid both games off. Then, I grabbed used copies of Singularity, Supremacy MMA, and the EA MMA game for PS3 with the buy 2, get 1 free offer. My only problem was resisting the clearance Funko Mystery Minis which are on sale - buy 3, get 1 free. Between Captain America: Civil War, Batman vs Superman, and Suicide Squad, I didn't get any duplicates which was cool, but I bought 12 of those bad boys tonight! It's hard to practice self control when paying with trade credit gleaned from successful flips.

Pre-ordered the last accessory that the gamestop allowed(the 2 wheels for mario kart) and the guy said that he couldn't put credit on a card when using the switch bonus, but he did it for me this 1 time since he knew me. I guess GS got wise.
Or you say "okay pre order me ten copies of MARIO kart" walk to a new store and cancel. What are they going to say "oh no you're forced to hold onto all pre orders now"? Cmon. Probably just that manager. It's not on the fine print on he site so not corp mandated.

It was the manager lol I'll cancel it later but I hope that they don't give me shit. It's close to $50.
I've put $1 down on a preorder and had ~$100 put onto my trade card before. I just get the transaction done as fast as possible and then i'm like...

giphy.gif

I've put $1 down on a preorder and had ~$100 put onto my trade card before. I just get the transaction done as fast as possible and then i'm like...

giphy.gif
It'll be fine. I chose games that won't come out for a while or don't have a release date.

Could anyone point me in the direction of where I could read everything I need to know about boomeranging and such. I see you guys talking about accruing such huge amounts in trade-ins and I'm just a bit overwhelmed on how to get started.

Could anyone point me in the direction of where I could read everything I need to know about boomeranging and such. I see you guys talking about accruing such huge amounts in trade-ins and I'm just a bit overwhelmed on how to get started.
Check the Wiki on page 1

The wiki is your best bet, boomeranging is just making a profit off a game you bought at that venue. Ex: I bought a game from GameStop for 20 bucks got 21 in trade credit. Or bought 3 games on a b2g1 promo for 30 bucks and trade it in for 35. The sheets in the wiki post lay it out ina spread sheet. From there read gamestops website and do some math. It's still not easy for me but you'll get the hang of it. You'll ask some dumb questions (I do often as you'll read). Good luck!

The wiki is your best bet, boomeranging is just making a profit off a game you bought at that venue. Ex: I bought a game from GameStop for 20 bucks got 21 in trade credit. Or bought 3 games on a b2g1 promo for 30 bucks and trade it in for 35. The sheets in the wiki post lay it out ina spread sheet. From there read gamestops website and do some math. It's still not easy for me but you'll get the hang of it. You'll ask some dumb questions (I do often as you'll read). Good luck!
I appreciate the help. I have looked at the wiki and also at the spreadsheet. I guess some general questions would be:

If I buy games from Gamestop A, should I always take them to Gamestop B to trade in?

If I set up a pre-order at Gamestop A to get a trade bump, do I have to trade my games in at Gamestop A only?

Do trade in values change daily? Weekly? Does it seem like there is a better time during the week to get the games in?

Are you guys flipping everything in the green on the spreadsheet? Or do you have a minimum profit you go for?

I appreciate the help. I have looked at the wiki and also at the spreadsheet. I guess some general questions would be:

If I buy games from Gamestop A, should I always take them to Gamestop B to trade in?

If I set up a pre-order at Gamestop A to get a trade bump, do I have to trade my games in at Gamestop A only?

Do trade in values change daily? Weekly? Does it seem like there is a better time during the week to get the games in?

Are you guys flipping everything in the green on the spreadsheet? Or do you have a minimum profit you go for?
Trades change randomly, usually 2-3 times a week. "Stealth bumps" come in towards the end of a month as well when for whatever reason between Friday and Saturday values go up. These are a boon.

Some people trade in volume if it's there, some go for high value. Depends on your level of patience and goals.

You do the pre order at the time of purchase. Say I trade in ten games, as I'm trading the ten I say "I want to put five down on MARIO kart" The five down triggers the bonus value of 40-50%.

It's Recommended not to trade items back to the store you bought them at unless you want to get banned. Although the system allows it what we're doing is obviously not how the system was designed to function.

The manager at my local Gamestop (who isn't the one I've known since childhood), fucked me over today.

Said the coupon for the extra $5 didn't stack with the Switch pre-order promo. Today's supposedly the last day for the coupon anyway and I was only trading in 1 game, so I didn't put up much of a fight.

Now I'm short $1 for my MvC3 pre-order and I'm kinda pissed.  :wall:

Normally, I'd just burn him on a survey like you guys suggest, but the associate who rang me up is the one on the receipt and she seemed willing to take the coupon before the lardass manager came out of the back, spotted the coupon in my hand, seemed to immediately know what I was up to and struck it down.

The worst part is I know the system allows it because it was fine for me on Sunday, but he just had to be a little shit and not let me get my extra $5. He did the same shit to me in regards to the "free" Xbone Kinect deal last year, but at least with that, it was YMMV because it required an override.

Any suggestions on how to give him bad feedback without fucking over the associate on the receipt? Thanks.

Select his name instead of the associates if that's still an option. Or see if you have an old receipt with his employee number on it.

Select his name instead of the associates if that's still an option. Or see if you have an old receipt with his employee number on it.
I just filled out 4 positive ones for the associate who did stack the promo and the coupon for me on Sunday, but there doesn't seem to be an option for choosing names, just an entry field for the #.

Not sure if I have his # on an old receipt, I guess I've got 3 days to look. Thanks.

A to B is a wise long term strategy. Stock varies at each store so you have to go to multiple stores to maximize anyhow.

Gamestop preorders are specific to each store. You can only pay and pick it up at the store you preordered.

It varies. When there are bumps, they usually hit for weekends (Fri-Mon) and usually at the end of the month. They can change at any time so plan accordingly. Just keep up with this thread for info.

Up to you. I only go for high profit margin boomerangs to save time.

Did the $50 additional credit for ps4/x1 trade ins end? I thought I saw it on their site yesterday but I am not seeing it anymore. Really hope I didn't miss that...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

For a fully paid-off pre-order, when you go to pick it up, you will still receive the bonus (50% Switch) for additional items traded, right?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

For a fully paid-off pre-order, when you go to pick it up, you will still receive the bonus (50% Switch) for additional items traded, right?
Maybe Im just tired, but Im confused by this question....

So GS clerk tried to spoon feed me some bullshit. Just went in to get some B2G1 games to flip for small profit and some points and he proceeded to ask if I had pre-ordered the Switch. I told him no I didn't but I was going to take my chances at the midnight launch. He told me "Oh they are extremely limited, each store was only allocated 8 pre-orders and 1 maybe 2 extra for walk ins at midnight. Your best bet would be ebay since we are not slated for any more shipments until December." This was me walking out:

tumblr_n0hi30bs7a1qlegt1o1_250.gif

So GS clerk tried to spoon feed me some bullshit. Just went in to get some B2G1 games to flip for small profit and some points and he proceeded to ask if I had pre-ordered the Switch. I told him no I didn't but I was going to take my chances at the midnight launch. He told me "Oh they are extremely limited, each store was only allocated 8 pre-orders and 1 maybe 2 extra for walk ins at midnight. Your best bet would be ebay since we are not slated for any more shipments until December."
Ha! December?! What a crock of fuck

December? Hahahahhahahahahaha what an idiot. I appreciate him pimping eBay considering I'd love switch prices to go up. Shit, GameStop even said they'd have spare bundles that'll go online.

So GS clerk tried to spoon feed me some bullshit. Just went in to get some B2G1 games to flip for small profit and some points and he proceeded to ask if I had pre-ordered the Switch. I told him no I didn't but I was going to take my chances at the midnight launch. He told me "Oh they are extremely limited, each store was only allocated 8 pre-orders and 1 maybe 2 extra for walk ins at midnight. Your best bet would be ebay since we are not slated for any more shipments until December." This was me walking out:

gif
When he gave your receipt did he slip you a business card with his eBay username on it, along with a wink and a hush?

The manager at my local Gamestop (who isn't the one I've known since childhood), fucked me over today.

Said the coupon for the extra $5 didn't stack with the Switch pre-order promo. Today's supposedly the last day for the coupon anyway and I was only trading in 1 game, so I didn't put up much of a fight.

Now I'm short $1 for my MvC3 pre-order and I'm kinda pissed. :wall:

Normally, I'd just burn him on a survey like you guys suggest, but the associate who rang me up is the one on the receipt and she seemed willing to take the coupon before the lardass manager came out of the back, spotted the coupon in my hand, seemed to immediately know what I was up to and struck it down.

The worst part is I know the system allows it because it was fine for me on Sunday, but he just had to be a little shit and not let me get my extra $5. He did the same shit to me in regards to the "free" Xbone Kinect deal last year, but at least with that, it was YMMV because it required an override.

Any suggestions on how to give him bad feedback without fucking over the associate on the receipt? Thanks.
Why in the hell would you nuke a store manager for stopping you from using a bogus coupon? That's his job. Dont act so entitled.

I just bought a used copy of HW2 which happens to be the Ultimate edition which appears to still have the DLC intact,but when I enter the code on the computer it's showing a download for the full game instead of the season pass is that normal?
I had a similar thing happen on PC, but it did finally give me the season pass

It probably was legit, but he himself said he did it Sunday, which means his intent was to game the system.
Is that coupon suppose to be one per customer? Because Ive never been given that indication, nor does it say it on the actual coupon (as far as I know).

Is that coupon suppose to be one per customer? Because Ive never been given that indication, nor does it say it on the actual coupon (as far as I know).
Its not. However we all know that the basis of that coupon is to be a one time booster of a trade for business purposes. Im sure if you owned a business you wouldnt want one person constantly receiving a free 5 dollars a day on your dime.

That said, its not that anyone was wrong for wanting to use the coupon, or managements desire to block it for that matter, but wanting to burn the store in a survey is kind of silly over that situation considering the circumstances.

Its not. However we all know that the basis of that coupon is to be a one time booster of a trade for business purposes. Im sure if you owned a business you wouldnt want one person constantly receiving a free 5 dollars a day on your dime.

That said, its not that anyone was wrong for wanting to use the coupon, or managements desire to block it for that matter, but wanting to burn the store in a survey is kind of silly over that situation considering the circumstances.
Yes. I agree. Putting in a complaint towards a manager because you couldnt make an extra $5 after you have probably already made a nice amount of credit boomeranging (im assuming) a bunch of games is a little ridiculous. Let alone being annoyed that you're $1 short for a game you pre-ordered. BobbyTastic, I say just let it go. Not trying to step on your toes. Just my two cents

It was the manager lol I'll cancel it later but I hope that they don't give me shit. It's close to $50.
I cancelled about $120 worth of preorders without any problems. If the rep starts asking you why you're canceling it, just say some bills came up and you're not able to get a Switch anymore. They shouldn't ask you, but some people are just nosy/too serious about their job 😜

Why in the hell would you nuke a store manager for stopping you from using a bogus coupon? That's his job. Dont act so entitled.
He didn't say it was a "bogus coupon". He lied and said it didn't stack, when it in fact, does.

There's no point arguing either because like with the "free" Xbone Kinect (which I didn't burn him on because it was YMMV), coupons are subject to "managerial discretion" aka "fuck you, I can do what I want even if our systems allow it."

Most people here act entitled
Yep. I sure am entitled over $5 when I just finished paying off a $300 pre-order, working towards another $30 one.

Yes. I agree. Putting in a complaint towards a manager because you couldnt make an extra $5 after you have probably already made a nice amount of credit boomeranging (im assuming) a bunch of games is a little ridiculous.
Okay, let's back up for a second. Unlike most people here, I do not flip very often. I traded in 5 games in the month of February (which is honestly a lot for me, but I've been slowly building up credit to pay off my Switch). 2 of those games were with the coupon (Black Ops Combo & Black Ops 3, thanks for posting Starlight) because I was not aware of the coupon when I flipped the previous 2 (games that I decided to convert to digital).

I wanted to flip one game with the coupon today so I would have just enough to pay off a pre-order (a total of 3 coupon uses). So no, I was not there every day, nor was I putting the Gamestop out of business.

It's not like the $5 comes out of the dude's pocket, so I'm not sure how it's on the manager's "dime" either.

It's simple, he wants to be a hardass over $5, he's gonna get burned. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back